View Full Version : High dps build?

Eye C
07-20-2011, 06:12 PM
im a level 31 enchantress currently with max int that i can get, ive respeced a few times to test different builds. I didn't do great as far as hitting goes. I have max gear pinks/blues + rings, and have the gold for the required weapon. I need the best dps build that actually hits, as a dex elf my dps was at 187, but i actually was only hitting like 10-20s or constantly missing. full int i hit around 50-60, as a str elf i was hitting 80-100's with the highest hitting 2h sword requiring lvl 30. im open to any suggestions, ive got the plat to respec skills and stats 100 times so dont hold back ;)

SVTcobra
07-20-2011, 08:17 PM
I know that Dex/int mages have good dps

Silentarrow
07-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Try using an Int. mage, they have a very high dps due to thw fact that int. adds tons of spell damage! For more info check Pharcyde's enchantress guide http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?14916-Enchantress-Class-Head-Quarters. As for the reason you are hitting low is because dps is not as accurate as people think it is, dps doesn't take opponents armor into the equation! For an exanple daggers do about 50-100 damage per hit, but if an enemy has 75 defence you could be doing 0-25 damage per hit! While using weapons with lower dps but higher damage you will be actually be doing more dps! For more info check Physiologic's dps guide.http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16817-Guide-to-Advanced-Mechanics-in-PL-DPS-Crits-etc.

Otukura
07-20-2011, 09:06 PM
At your level(and up to level 39), Pallies will be doing the most damage. The two handed Iceberg Long-sword adds a lot of skill damage. If you can afford two respecs, I'd go pally until 39, then switch to pure int.

edit: Don't even look at your DPS, it means nothing. Look at the damage, you want that number to be really high.

KingFu
07-20-2011, 09:38 PM
At your level(and up to level 39), Pallies will be doing the most damage. The two handed Iceberg Long-sword adds a lot of skill damage. If you can afford two respecs, I'd go pally until 39, then switch to pure int.

edit: Don't even look at your DPS, it means nothing. Look at the damage, you want that number to be really high.

This^ and when you hit 50, please don't use blizzard stick:p

Zerious
07-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Dps is your "theoretical" damage per second. You have to factor in target armor for every hit you make, so if you have a fast weapon with low damage, you'll actually have a lower actual dps than something that hits much harder despite being slower.

hope that made sense

Eye C
07-21-2011, 12:24 AM
Thanks for all the responses guys! I'm looking at a respec to pali until I hit lvl 40 then int Mage to lvl 56 then possibly going dex elf. Let me know

friedkimchi
07-21-2011, 01:18 AM

Let them use whatever weapons they want, they'll figure it out.

But in all seriousness, why bother about dps? Its not an accurate measure. For various reasons/examples listed above.

Are you planning to PvP or cap your character at a certain level? How much money are you willing to spend?

Eye C
07-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Let them use whatever weapons they want, they'll figure it out.

But in all seriousness, why bother about dps? Its not an accurate measure. For various reasons/examples listed above.

Are you planning to PvP or cap your character at a certain level? How much money are you willing to spend?

no more then around 100-200k until around 45-50

Zerious
07-21-2011, 01:02 PM
no more then around 100-200k until around 45-50

you could stick with brain-freeze gear until then. At 35 get a Mamboza's Voodoo Fire pin. You'll do great pve-wise

Singleteddy
07-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys! I'm looking at a respec to pali until I hit lvl 40 then int Mage to lvl 56 then possibly going dex elf. Let me know This is the easiest way to go. I have DEX, STR, and INT mages (wanted the experience of playing each style from beginning to end), and these levels (Swamps) were definitely the toughest for my DEX mage.

For those who want to try, I used a Frozen Nightmares Frozen Bow of the Eagle. I think this is the highest damage (54–64) DEX weapon at this level, and every point of damage is vital against the crocs' high armor. Max Blessing of Might and Nightmare. When your buffs are active, you'll be able to do some noticeable damage to the crocs with your bow:

54–64 from bow
+ 2 from eagle armor
+ 30 from blessing
+ 30 from nightmare
+ 1 from res
- 80–90 croc armor
= 27–47 damage, doubled half the time with crit

When your blessing is in cooldown, you'll need to use lightning and firestorm to do damage. Be sure to heal and resurrect (and cast nightmare if you can run in and do it without dying) to help out your party during these times since you won't be doing much damage.

If possible, party with a bird or two who knows how to break armor. Then, the rapid fire rate of the bow will almost pay off. :)

You can also do Skeller Crunch now and then to take a break from the Swamps.

crestmage
09-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Ur problem generally is that Dex Mages Get useful only in lbl 50++ PvP, cuz of their pretty high dps.
But in lower pvp, go full int. U need the regen to survive

Zapoke
09-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Ur problem generally is that Dex Mages Get useful only in lbl 50++ PvP, cuz of their pretty high dps.
But in lower pvp, go full int. U need the regen to survive

I'm sorry but, that's not true.. All my twink elves are half dex and do very well. The regen bonuses happen at 11, 61, 111, 161, 211, 261 int, so there's not much reason to be worried about regen bonuses lower level.

TANKKAAR
09-28-2011, 09:44 AM

LMAO.... didn't they nerf the blizzard stick? Thought I read that in one of the patch notes recently :-)

JaytB
09-28-2011, 10:06 AM
LMAO.... didn't they nerf the blizzard stick? Thought I read that in one of the patch notes recently :-)

Yeah, they decreased weapon speed to 1.0x (was 0.5x), but increased weapon dmg a bit.

Heroelite
09-28-2011, 03:06 PM
isn't this an older thread :banana:

GELLIO77
09-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Crestmage i remember fighting you with my voodoo... and no offence but u really werent the hardest of opponents, and pallys at lvl 35 have like 6 ms but still do great, so full int is the best, low armour but high dmg, best for lvl 30-35 has to be dex/int

Naonagotek
09-30-2011, 10:20 PM
big atm? Go with demon x bow set