PDA

View Full Version : [Design Blog] About the Antignome Set

VROOMIGoRealFast
04-22-2016, 04:44 PM
Hey Everyone! Vroom here, back from the future.

We’ve seen your feedback on the Antignome set and have re-evaluated its stats compared to the gear players are currently using and where we intend the set to sit on the power curve, resulting in the set receiving a major buff in power, as well as a decrease in the number of Glintstone Coins required to create the Unidentified Antignome Armor.

Players have questioned the reason the Antignome Set only applies in the Curse of the Cryostar Content. As we’ve mentioned before, we’re working hard to revamp the item progression for Arcane Legends to improve the playing experience for all players. Having sets restricted to specific areas allows us to create powerful, desirable items for specific content without negatively impacting our goals for item progression as well as other content in the game (PvP, previous dungeons, future expansions).

Some players have developed theories on the fact that the set is level 52. You may have guessed correctly! In the future there will be an upgrade to this set providing even greater benefits in the Curse of the Cryostar content. This upgraded set will follow the pattern of the Antignome Set in that most, but not all, pieces will be tradeable.

While these are not necessarily final stats, here’s what we’re currently thinking when we say “even greater benefits” for the upgraded set bonus:
+1500 health, +1500 mana, +700 armor, +45 primary stat, +50 damage, +100 STR, +100 DEX, +100 INT

But! And this is a major but! In order to obtain all the pieces of the upgraded set, you must be able to equip all 5 pieces of the Antignome Set.

See you later in secret features I can't talk about! ;)
- STSVroom

kronosdivine
04-22-2016, 04:46 PM
First in my life

Visiting
04-22-2016, 04:47 PM
You mention the lvl 56 set will be an upgrade to this set, so does that mean it'll be like the 36 myths? Upgrading a set VIA quest?

nightmaresmoke
04-22-2016, 04:47 PM
Sweet secret features haha

Hercules
04-22-2016, 04:49 PM

We’ve seen your feedback on the Antignome set and have re-evaluated its stats compared to the gear players are currently using and where we intend the set to sit on the power curve, resulting in the set receiving a major buff in power, as well as a decrease in the number of Glintstone Coins required to create the Unidentified Antignome Armor.

Players have questioned the reason the Antignome Set only applies in the Curse of the Cryostar Content. As we’ve mentioned before, we’re working hard to revamp the item progression for Arcane Legends to improve the playing experience for all players. Having sets restricted to specific areas allows us to create powerful, desirable items for specific content without negatively impacting our goals for item progression as well as other content in the game (PvP, previous dungeons, future expansions).

Some players have developed theories on the fact that the set is level 52. You may have guessed correctly! In the future there will be an upgrade to this set providing even greater benefits in the Curse of the Cryostar content. This upgraded set will follow the pattern of the Antignome Set in that most, but not all, pieces will be tradeable.

While these are not necessarily final stats, here’s what we’re currently thinking when we say “even greater benefits” for the upgraded set bonus:
+1500 health, +1500 mana, +700 armor, +45 primary stat, +50 damage, +100 STR, +100 DEX, +100 INT

But! And this is a major but! In order to obtain all the pieces of the upgraded set, you must be able to equip all 5 pieces of the Antignome Set.

- STSVroom

omg :ooooooo

Midievalmodel
04-22-2016, 04:49 PM
Nice. Great news. Got a question. When upgrading the set will the individual pieces of the set also get upgrades stats? or Just the set bonus gets upgraded?

extrapayah
04-22-2016, 04:51 PM
anyway talking about how the bonus only working at underhul map, you might want to know that elite shuyal, elite tindirin, elite rengol, and elite planar tomb are also scaled up, and we can't perform as fast as last season with the current gear, nor with the this set which only give bonus in new maps...

Anyona
04-22-2016, 04:51 PM
Please consider making the Anti-Gnome set bonus work in pvp arenas. So we can finally outdate the infamous Planar Pendant and Arcane Ring combo, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeus
04-22-2016, 04:57 PM
Please consider making the Anti-Gnome set bonus work in pvp arenas. So we can finally outdate the infamous Planar Pendant and Arcane Ring combo, thanks.

If they do that then the set bonus cannot be nearly as large...lol.

Anyways, really like the bonus! Sounds awesome for PvE and definitely makes it worth farming.

Anyona
04-22-2016, 05:00 PM
If they do that then the set bonus cannot be nearly as large...lol.

Anyways, really like the bonus! Sounds awesome for PvE and definitely makes it worth farming.

That's true but there is no gear progression, also players with the set will have an edge over players who haven't completed it so essentially hard work either in the form of farming/gold will make you have an edge.

VROOMIGoRealFast
04-22-2016, 05:03 PM
You mention the lvl 56 set will be an upgrade to this set, so does that mean it'll be like the 36 myths? Upgrading a set VIA quest?

We're not at a place to share final details of how the upgrade will be obtained, but the current plan is to have a mixture of quests you have to complete yourself, and items that need to be farmed (which would be tradeable).

Eagleye
04-22-2016, 05:16 PM
Any chance we could see how the anti gnome set looks on Mages and rouges we have only seen it previewed on warriors

Zeus
04-22-2016, 05:27 PM
Was Cinco Loco behind these insane buffs? :O

will0
04-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Can you make the rengol glintstone set tradable to some part of this new anti gnome set? It takes too much effort to sell for little coins with all the crafting component that was needed for the glint set.

Please consider this as many of us work too hard for the glint set for selling it for little return as coins.

VROOMIGoRealFast
04-22-2016, 05:38 PM
Can you make the rengol glintstone set tradable to some part of this new anti gnome set? It takes too much effort to sell for little coins with all the crafting component that was needed for the glint set.

Please consider this as many of us work too hard for the glint set for selling it for little return as coins.

You can currently convert the Glintstone Set into 900 Glintstone Coins, which will give you 900 out of the 3000 you need to create the Antignome Set Armor. While it's not a complete 1:1 trade this definitely give you a start!

intrepd
04-22-2016, 05:39 PM

- STSVroom

Does it mean this new stats will work in pvp? And that stats you mentioned are the bonus or actual stats?

Carapace
04-22-2016, 05:47 PM
Does it mean this new stats will work in pvp? And that stats you mentioned are the bonus or actual stats?

These are the bonuses, and they do not apply in PvP

intrepd
04-22-2016, 05:50 PM
These are the bonuses, and they do not apply in PvP

Sorry just wanna make sure, when we upgrade the set the original stats evolves too right?

Niixed
04-22-2016, 05:55 PM
Vroom thanks for the extra TLC in creating this thorough explanation. After the power curve settles properly, can we expect gear to return to 'works everywhere' status or will we see further departmentalization of gear, like additional zone sets or pvp-only gear?

VROOMIGoRealFast
04-22-2016, 06:19 PM
Sorry just wanna make sure, when we upgrade the set the original stats evolves too right?

Not sharing too many details yet, but in the end you'll be able to have both completed sets in your inventory. We're currently not planning to remove your old set in order for you to get the new set, so they would be items with their own stats.

Vroom thanks for the extra TLC in creating this thorough explanation. After the power curve settles properly, can we expect gear to return to 'works everywhere' status or will we see further departmentalization of gear, like additional zone sets or pvp-only gear?

There will definitely be gear in the future that is strong everywhere, but we're currently leaning away from "This is the best gear no matter what I do in the game" to give players more options and availability. This is mostly dealing in the "best of the best" tier of gear, and there will be plenty of very strong options along the way to "the best".

tomsawer
04-22-2016, 06:33 PM
Well done Vroooooom!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Kaziscate
04-22-2016, 06:54 PM
And I suppose this quest line to upgrade the set involves the new elites? ;)

Kingslaughter
04-22-2016, 09:09 PM
Great info vroom...

Avaree
04-22-2016, 09:19 PM
Any chance we could see how the anti gnome set looks on Mages and rouges we have only seen it previewed on warriors

Vroom said in chat box, all ground effects with the full set equipped look the same as the warriors.

Avaree
04-22-2016, 09:22 PM

- STSVroom
Well done, very much appreciated buff to the anti-gnome set! :applause:

RYYUKK
04-22-2016, 09:27 PM

possible buff!

Trenton
04-22-2016, 11:00 PM
That's a seriously awesome buff to the stats, it will be great for the elites. I'm actually excited to get this now, I wasn't going to bother.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

latoz
04-22-2016, 11:10 PM
Awesome :) thank you Vroom.

bonjovi3223
04-22-2016, 11:14 PM
Can we have full stats of the antignome gears. This is crucial in letting a lot of players decide whether to chase the set or not.
This Is also important as not all of us will be able to afford to fully jewel two different gear sets; one for underhul & one for the rest of the maps.

Pinkmint
04-22-2016, 11:32 PM
Everything looks well planned and clean. Set is insanely powerful, but a just a little request, please make changes in dropping rate of glintstone coins because right now it is very low. Getting 4000 coins by only running maps is look near to impossible.

ClickGames
04-23-2016, 12:36 AM
Thx for not making them apply in pop

ClickGames
04-23-2016, 12:38 AM
i mean pvp auto correct -_-

Ravager
04-23-2016, 03:29 AM
What I don't like is that most likely we are going to have a PvP set and a pve set. It's discouraging to play when I have a PvP spec, PvP is empty and so I attempt pve but I'm pvp spec which generally is far from optimal so I end up just not playing at all since I'm not willing to constantly burn gold to respec. With multiple sets, we have doubled the amount of good jewels we need and it's already a lot.

extrapayah
04-23-2016, 04:35 AM
What I don't like is that most likely we are going to have a PvP set and a pve set. It's discouraging to play when I have a PvP spec, PvP is empty and so I attempt pve but I'm pvp spec which generally is far from optimal so I end up just not playing at all since I'm not willing to constantly burn gold to respec. With multiple sets, we have doubled the amount of good jewels we need and it's already a lot.

agree... but it won't be a problem though, if the effort needed to get the set is appropriate... atm, the set need a huge amount of effort, as if it's a godlike multi-use op items, same with effort for the jewels, and respec scrolls (60 tokens of gauntlet coins, although already helped a lot by limited time arlor eggs)

Niixed
04-23-2016, 09:06 AM
There will definitely be gear in the future that is strong everywhere, but we're currently leaning away from "This is the best gear no matter what I do in the game" to give players more options and availability. This is mostly dealing in the "best of the best" tier of gear, and there will be plenty of very strong options along the way to "the best".

Ok thanks for the clarification. I admit I'm worried about taking gear in this direction. As Ravager pointed out, having too much gear for players to manage can be major drag on gameplay. Players will end up spending our precious resources, our time and gold, on managing gear and respec-ing our skill builds.

During gameplay, things change quickly and often. For example you might be called on to join a CTF clash game just after you finished running an Elite dungeon. And, right before that Elite dungeon you tried a timed run in a normal map and before that you were standing in Expedition camp looking shiny with a banner and before that you were goofing off in the guild hall with pets. Having to switch everything constantly throws up barriers and makes game relationships harder to maintain. If my friend calls me to pvp moments after I finished switching to my underhul gear and spec, I'm not going to want to go help him or her.

Again, with gear that's the 'best everywhere' we didn't have to think about switching our gear. Now we have to worry about gear sets, jewels (yes the antignome buff def helps on that front, but that's a band-aid), and respec-ing. If this is the direction gear will go, please consider an overhaul of how gear and respecs are managed in the client. Loadouts that are accessible on the main screen and having multiple skill builds that you can switch between (and don't have to pay for every time) would be very positive steps.

Gear sets that are zone-specific increase overhead costs, both for the players and for the developer. If you do ultimately go that route, I want to ensure devs are prepared to absorb the extra develompent costs needed to ensure gameplay is not impeded. What truly makes this game is fun is the people we play with and the friendships we develop. Those relationships are STS' most precious resource, imo.

Zeus
04-23-2016, 09:52 AM

Do you know what the warrior set looks like? I can't find it.

Anyona
04-23-2016, 10:46 AM
Do you know what the warrior set looks like? I can't find it.

The NPC in glintstone has the ground particle affect.

Carapace
04-23-2016, 01:48 PM
I am confused. So upgraded set Will not require current antignome set to make? or is it just leaving the old set beind also after upgrading it to further?

You will require the original Anti-Gnome set to begin acquiring the pieces for the upgraded one, but you wil not lose the base set as part of the upgrade process I believe is what Vroom is saying. Everything is always subject to change of course, as it is still in development. We need to be careful that this doesn't produce unintended consequences as part of the process.

greekAL
04-23-2016, 01:52 PM
nc all tht about the sets :) but plz do all parts of the set tradable!

Carapace
04-23-2016, 03:01 PM
nc all tht about the sets :) but plz do all parts of the set tradable!

Everything is tradeable except the Amulet, however the Gold Chest that you can get the Amulet in is tradeable. This is by design to retain the value of the Gold Chests on the secondary market.

pretzel
04-23-2016, 09:24 PM
Does that mean people will be able to sell most of the original set while keeping the upgraded one ?

Ipoopsy
04-23-2016, 10:16 PM
Everything is tradeable except the Amulet, however the Gold Chest that you can get the Amulet in is tradeable. This is by design to retain the value of the Gold Chests on the secondary market.

This will make it sooooooooo easy for most people to get the the upgraded 'SET'.

If your in a decent size guild, you can borrow 4/5 pieces and just buy those gold chests and get an amulet and now you have a a 'GREAT SET' that's easily obtain by most people.

I recommend, once the SET is flag as completed with the upgraded to the NEW SET, then the old SET should be bound and untradable to that account or characters. This will give a player a choice to sell it or retained the set.

But if the upgraded SET remains like it is now, it will make farming and the new SET pretty much worthless fairly fast.

Then you pretty much have a repeated last season similar to the glintstone set.

Zeus
04-23-2016, 10:30 PM
This will make it sooooooooo easy for most people to get the the upgraded 'SET'.

If your in a decent size guild, you can borrow 4/5 pieces and just buy those gold chests and get an amulet and now you have a a 'GREAT SET' that's easily obtain by most people.

I recommend, once the SET is flag as completed with the upgraded to the NEW SET, then the old SET should be bound and untradable to that account or characters. This will give a player a choice to sell it or retained the set.

But if the upgraded SET remains like it is now, it will make farming and the new SET pretty much worthless fairly fast.

How do you know people aren't going to scam your set? Personally, I wouldn't lend out my hard earned set..

eugene9707
04-23-2016, 10:36 PM
How do you know people aren't going to scam your set? Personally, I wouldn't lend out my hard earned set..

then can't you just resell it so someone else can buy it and upgrade, then they resell.... and repeats ....

i think ideally it would be best to not keep the old one (economically wise anyways)

Ipoopsy
04-23-2016, 10:52 PM

That's besides the point. We're not talking about scamming.

elitwarrio
04-24-2016, 02:01 AM
How u bought para gems? :-)

extrapayah
04-24-2016, 04:33 AM

except there is another way to obtain the amulet, i think the gold chest value will still be high... e.g. locks

i think you have to consider the fact that the amulet we can get from inside the chest might be of the type we don't want... hence trading will be necessary...

Evangelioni
04-24-2016, 04:33 AM
You can make the set have bonus for the other elite maps but that bonus will be lower than the cryostar content..

Zeus
04-24-2016, 10:10 AM
How u bought para gems? :-)

With insurance, even if the dude stole my item, I had the gold value of the item.

elitwarrio
04-24-2016, 10:20 AM
With insurance, even if the dude stole my item, I had the gold value of the item.
So for set could be the same no? But im sure u have friends that u dont worry to give the set without insurance.

Untung
04-25-2016, 12:23 AM

In this drop rate, maybe just 1 or 2 guilds can do that. I know this not even a week but... This set supposed to use in new elite map when they come but i guess no one get the full set in time without spend crazy amount of gold. Well at least who got one piece of the set will super happy.

gatzoo5505
04-25-2016, 01:00 AM
I believe in some good old hard work, but the drop rate of these items bordering insane. If arcane items r so readily available and they r supposed to be the rarest y is this set so difficult? Its turning farming into one big load of frustration. Sometimes u need to dangle a few baits out there to make it worthwhile, give us some hope...

bonjovi3223
04-25-2016, 04:23 AM
With great power comes great responsibility. Before all that comes a lot of death.
Sts, have you even inserted the set items in the loot table?
Secondly, we need 56 gears for two main reasons:
1) not everyone is going to chase or be able to chase the set gears.
2) farming underhul maps & esp the bosses with current 46 underhul mythics is a death sentence for many of us. Ppl are barely playing map 2 & 3 of underhul.

Ydqm
04-25-2016, 05:07 AM
I just want to know, do i need the full set to get the sparkly thing under your feet?

Att
04-25-2016, 09:46 PM
I just want to know, do i need the full set to get the sparkly thing under your feet?

Hell yea sparkles

Shimada
04-26-2016, 03:20 AM
Ok thanks for the clarification. I admit I'm worried about taking gear in this direction. As Ravager pointed out, having too much gear for players to manage can be major drag on gameplay. Players will end up spending our precious resources, our time and gold, on managing gear and respec-ing our skill builds.

During gameplay, things change quickly and often. For example you might be called on to join a CTF clash game just after you finished running an Elite dungeon. And, right before that Elite dungeon you tried a timed run in a normal map and before that you were standing in Expedition camp looking shiny with a banner and before that you were goofing off in the guild hall with pets. Having to switch everything constantly throws up barriers and makes game relationships harder to maintain. If my friend calls me to pvp moments after I finished switching to my underhul gear and spec, I'm not going to want to go help him or her.

Again, with gear that's the 'best everywhere' we didn't have to think about switching our gear. Now we have to worry about gear sets, jewels (yes the antignome buff def helps on that front, but that's a band-aid), and respec-ing. If this is the direction gear will go, please consider an overhaul of how gear and respecs are managed in the client. Loadouts that are accessible on the main screen and having multiple skill builds that you can switch between (and don't have to pay for every time) would be very positive steps.

Gear sets that are zone-specific increase overhead costs, both for the players and for the developer. If you do ultimately go that route, I want to ensure devs are prepared to absorb the extra develompent costs needed to ensure gameplay is not impeded. What truly makes this game is fun is the people we play with and the friendships we develop. Those relationships are STS' most precious resource, imo.

I definitely agree with this. This gear should work both in pvp and pve based. Devs pls look into this, gamers will have a difficult time in switching gears as this will be a hassle/tiresome in our side. I suggest you can let us used this and for set there should be at least a bonus if one aquire min like 2 items of the set to be able for him to at least withstand in pvp.

Scry
04-26-2016, 04:15 AM
Fair enough. But.. what if i want the mage amulet and i keep looting rogue or warrior ones which i don't need? Only to liquidate for 139g?
I think you should make and npc or something where we can exchange amulets because of this.

Shimada
04-26-2016, 04:21 AM
I guess if you're a warrior then most of the time you'll get warrior amulet. Is it?