View Full Version : Will player data will be saved after the beta?

dcichoracki
07-20-2011, 07:12 PM
I saw the notice that came with the new patch and a couple questions came to mind.

1: if player data is reset, will spent platinum be refunded or will beta players in some way be rewarded? I don't mind my data being reset, in fact, I understand & agree with the reasons why this decision may have been reached...although it will be difficult to set aside the time to level again, which is why I cut back on playing PL, but I'll deal with that...but what about the spent platinum?

2: if player data is not reset, or, for that matter, at any point that the level cap is raised, what of those players who reached the elite level, 21 in this case? Do the extra xp earned equate to anything or will lvl 21 be 4900 xp for everyone?

RickyxTan88
07-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Dude it says just the leader board will be wiped. Kills and deaths. Are you sure you read it?

Samhayne
07-20-2011, 07:38 PM
We have no intention to alter or delete characters - just kill/death stats.

Sworn
07-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Yes just k/d im grateful enough we get to keep our characters, if they were deleted lol id go crazy o.o

dcichoracki
07-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Dude it says just the leader board will be wiped. Kills and deaths. Are you sure you read it?

Open SL, read the news & disclaimer, stop trying to insult my intelligence.

dcichoracki
07-20-2011, 07:42 PM
We have no intention to alter or delete characters - just kill/death stats.

Cool, thanks for clarifying. A saved character is a happy, time-saving device for me.

WhoIsThis
07-20-2011, 08:32 PM
People are spreading false rumors in-game.

I didn't expect it to happen - like many players I've seen have spent plenty of plat on SL; in my case, over 300 plat so far.

Quientar
07-20-2011, 08:42 PM
People are getting confused. The update that happened today reads "This build of star legends beta is a work in progress and does not fully represent what will be in the launch of the game. There are no guarantees what character data will remain when the game launches". Check the game notes from the, character selection screen.

Can a dev please detail that last quoted sentence for us pls? It is very vague. Are there some things that someone cansay for sure is being left alone data wise or what?

Samhayne
07-20-2011, 10:26 PM
It's just a disclaimer for us to reference when we wipe the K/D stats.

Quientar
07-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Thank you, sam

Diodge
07-21-2011, 12:08 PM
It's just a disclaimer for us to reference when we wipe the K/D stats.
Its something you can point at after the fact. see We told you.

Fyrce
07-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Ok, guys, repeat after me: STS is not full of evil demon spawn set to destroy your day. STS is not full of evil demon spawn set to destroy your day.

They are creating a game and it plays great so far! They haven't done anything to mess up anyone's game play and NOT fix it. I think maybe we can trust them just a little bit.

Lowlyspy
07-21-2011, 09:55 PM
STS is not full of evil demon spawn set to destroy your day.

Happy?

Tvis
07-21-2011, 10:01 PM
STS is not full of evil demon spawn set to destroy your day... just mine :D

JK