PDA

View Full Version : So, I heard about the Blast to the Past Packs?

Zeus
07-20-2011, 08:07 PM
So, I heard about the Blast to the Past Packs? I remember Mysticaldream and I bringing it up while Justg was in Balefort Castle months ago. I thought it was forgotten, but it seems like it wasn't.

Had a few questions about it? Will it include the Halloween item packs and the Christmas item packs? Valentine's Day as well? If so, I want! Would willingly pay 50+ platinum for each!

Yvonnel
07-20-2011, 08:21 PM
I agree. I am still kicking myself for not getting a lvl 10 rose wand.

Roasty
07-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Nyah nyah!

What the heck...

And yes I agree!

Zeus
07-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Nyah nyah!

If this happens though, my discontinued items collection will become WORTHLESS! Gasp! Must sell off!

KingFu
07-20-2011, 08:51 PM
If this happens though, my discontinued items collection will become WORTHLESS! Gasp! Must sell off!

Reply to my PM?;D

Btw, I highly highly doubt it'll include tradable items. JustG in town talked about bringing back old holiday plat items into the store. Pretty sure he wasn't talking about gold items, only plat.

Wretch
07-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Another question! What will happen during the next go around? (times these items and levels were first here)... All new items and levels every year?(possible and doable, but somewhat doubtful, especially discontinuing(sp?) all the old items?).... I think it's the devs making some things to be available to those less fortunate, but only at certain times at certain days(by my perception of sam's post).

I think no need to freak, worry, or mass sell... Also I believe these items will be untradeable, so there should be no effect on tradeable value.

My 2 cents

Fyrce
07-20-2011, 09:06 PM
STS should be creative enough...

Valentine was cool:

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/fyrcely/PL-pix-Valentine1sm-1.png

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/fyrcely/PL-pix-Valentine2sm-1.png

Falking
07-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Would this include the pumpkin vanity helm?

Slush
07-21-2011, 01:22 AM
Would this include the pumpkin vanity helm?

Not the Pumpkin Haelm! Jonboy would be rolling in his grave, lol.

Redbridge
07-21-2011, 02:33 AM
I've got mixed thoughts on bringing back the old items.

I loosely got into PL last year but didn't really fully understand the collecting thing until just after the valentines sets.

There's plenty of things I'd buy with plat if they became available again but I'm not sure I deserve to be allowed to as I wasn't around then.

On the other hand, what is the average life span of an average PL player? If no more than a year then shouldn't all players get the chance to experience the "yearly" vanity items? This might even keep players involved longer. Maybe STS could release an 'almost' identical, non-tradable version with the same stats but a minor graphical amendment and even consider a slight name change, or even keep the name the same?

I'm torn. I'm not certain they should be available, but am sure there'd be lots of interest in bringing some back. Would def need to be non-tradable for some fairness to those who have them already...

I feel another plat purchase coming sooner rather than later.....

Fyrce
07-21-2011, 02:59 AM
I don't think old non-plat items should be part of the packs. So like old quest rewards should stay old quest rewards.
OTOH, it seems like there'd be lots of new items that could be created rather than visiting old items...

Riccits
07-21-2011, 03:11 AM
i dont get it... why so concerned? the sellable discontinued items will always remain rare... the items they would bring back arent tradeable anyway... i dont think that anyone buy a white hammo for some advantages in game..

NECROREAPER
07-21-2011, 04:55 AM
Not the pumpkin!!!! D: D: D:

Mennddoza
07-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Not the Pumpkin Haelm! Jonboy would be rolling in his grave, lol.

Haha yeah I wear Pumpkin helmet because it makes me feel unique!

Conradin
07-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Rose wand and 20 chunker are my main goals.

Arterra
07-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Meh. My pumpkin haelm I hope is not available. In fact, I would hope most of the holiday items are kept away fromthis... they are for the holiday, a sort of proof as to your pl age. Some items sure, maybe the shamrock hat, since it offers luck and is a minor holiday. Even valentines is pretty minor.
But Halloween.and Christmas had their own maps and quests. Frankly not the ssame without them.

A blast from the past I would like is the old blaster crossbows... maybe a bobbleheaded mage vanity head, and maybe a chance to get a rare pink saphire/Ruby/diamond/emmerald/etc sword. We have all tried to collect al the greys at some point, but imagine the plat buying if one pink came with the pack!

Register
07-22-2011, 09:44 AM
I would only buy one or two lmao....not a bunch...

Roasty
07-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Me...I just agree because of the rose wand and the big luck. But 30 plat total for those two (15 plat each) is a bit of a stretch for me :(

Buddyf97
07-22-2011, 11:17 AM
I NEED big luck, I do so much farming and I'll think it will help me get a few extra pinks!

Arterra
07-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Lolnobody NEEDS big luck. Al of us who have it barely use it anymore. It doesn't give you a pink, I always end up getting greens xD

noobmigo
07-22-2011, 12:39 PM
I WANT big luck, it looks so cool.

Also Rosewand.

Survivorfan
07-22-2011, 12:46 PM
I want the snowman helm and the pumpkin helm. All of you say they shouldn't but here is my idea, allow the people that were here when it was available to get the items, even quest, such as the helms, but nothing tradable. I missed the pumpkin helm, and snowman helm because I had no idea it was a quest item. I would really like a chance to do those quests again. And same goes for plat items, although I'm not as excited with those. Just my thought, to bring back certain things to certain people based on their account age.

Zerious
07-22-2011, 01:31 PM
rosewand and lvl 10 dex wing from xmas plz