PDA

View Full Version : How to Loot Set Items

Kaziscate
04-23-2016, 09:52 PM
So everyone thinks that this new set is very elusive and no one on the face of the planet even looted a single piece yet. The set is in fact in the Underhul dungeons, it is obviously 100% confirmed. Now I personally don't have a 2/2 set yet, but this thread is for people that don't know how to increase their chances of getting the set. So here is what you will need:

1.Luck Elixir/Combo Elixir
2.Leprechaun Pendant/Jack Hellows pendant
3.Arlorian Egg-Shell Band
4.Maybe a lucky charm like a potato or something if you are superstitious :)
5.Lots of free time
6.Breaks

Ok so this will obviously take probably an all-day marathon of farming just to even loot a single piece of the set.

Now it is pretty obvious on why we need the luck elixir/combo elixir,luck pendant,and egg band. We need to re-roll

to increase the 0.001% chance of looting the elusive gear.Now in order to obtain the set item off a re-roll,you need

to be patient and don't forget to take care of any IRL business because that is first priority. Also don't forget to take

breaks from long periods of farming because you wouldn't be able to farm at all if you suffered from exhaustion.

(Not-So-Fun Fact:An MMO player actually DIED of exhaustion after farming for 72-hours nonstop so

please take care of yourself and take breaks.) Now here is how the re-roll for a set item works: We know that re-

rolling bumps up the rarity of loot by 1 tier (re-rolling on common gives a rare or re-rolling on a rare gives an epic

and so on) so we need to re-roll on a legendary. The odds that I would guess is the odds of looting a legendary is

probably a 2.5% chance on bosses and maybe a 0.25% chance on mobs. Now set items only drop on bosses so we

are only going to focus on the hypothesized 2.5%. So doing some basic math [50% (from egg-band,luck

pendant,and luck elixir combination) x 2.5% will be a 1.25% chance to loot a set item (1.375% chance if using a

combo)] those are some pretty slim chances,especially on bosses, which take like 10 minutes to reach. Since we

usually use luck elixirs, we will focus on the 1.25% chance and calculate how many set items we can possibly loot.

Since I mentioned 10 minutes per run, we will use that as reference for this. I already did the calculations and if

someone were to farm nonstop for 1 day straight (I do not recommend), it would be a 144 runs. After some

complicated math, I came to the conclusion that it will take approximately 55.56% to loot a single set item after 24

hours or 144 runs. Now that is a whole lot of farming to do. After doing some more calculations[100-

55.56=44.44,then 144*144.44%], it will take at most 208 killed bosses to loot a set item piece. That would take

about 34.7 hours at most to loot a set item piece. Anyways I hope this gave you a good idea of what you are up

against when you are farming for a set piece. Also if my calculations are wrong, feel free to notify me and correct

me. :)

Anyways,the overall summary of this post is to get your luck elixir as high as you can,farm a bunch, and take care of yourself and anything IRL.

Cons
04-23-2016, 09:58 PM
As I read the calculations... *Headache*

Hercules
04-23-2016, 10:30 PM
Lol and I was farming day and night without elixirs, I thought the drop chance could be like drop of Recipe: Ancient Planar Pendant without luck elixirs and re-rolls.

Kaziscate
04-23-2016, 11:04 PM
ya the problem is .... re-rolling from a legendary DOES NOT grant you a higher rarity ....

here's vroom's explanation:

So basically it's half the chance of what I anticipated?

kinzmet
04-23-2016, 11:41 PM
How was that a fun fact?

Fyrce
04-23-2016, 11:53 PM
All i know is its really really rare. I havent even seen a reroll off a boss yesterday.

Kingslaughter
04-24-2016, 12:48 AM
I like how cara said about vroom in last chatbox wkkwkw

bonjovi3223
04-24-2016, 01:01 AM
ya the problem is .... re-rolling from a legendary DOES NOT grant you a higher rarity ....

Can someone pls explain this. I didn't understand what Vroom explained here.

Zeazimeh
04-24-2016, 01:07 AM
Can someone pls explain this. I didn't understand what Vroom explained here.
What i understood, reroll=better chance at set, if u were supposed to get legendary without reroll then reroll should make it "set". Correct me if wrong

bonjovi3223
04-24-2016, 01:11 AM
What i understood, reroll=better chance at set, if u were supposed to get legendary without reroll then reroll should make it "set". Correct me if wrong
That is how normal reroll works but I think vroom was saying something different here.

DarrenPR
04-24-2016, 01:25 AM

That's how luck elixirs have always worked in the past, but apparently the mechanics were changed (without notifying us players, by the way). Instead of being guaranteed an item of higher quality, you now essentially get a second drop and are given the better of the two.

will0
04-24-2016, 01:43 AM
loot rate hypnotize people to play for hours with barely % chance to loot ... hey ya is a chance says so much

elitwarrio
04-24-2016, 01:49 AM
Meh i farmed with lepre vip combo and luck elisir but still no drop..

Ydqm
04-24-2016, 06:16 AM
Best way to farm it is with all you luck things and pray lol

Dragoonclaws
04-24-2016, 07:38 AM

Read the whole chat... Rerolling a legendary or higher will be rerolling the whole drop table. So basically, you give yourself another chance at looting a set item. You don't reroll for a better loot, you just reroll and get the best of both drops

@OP there are other ways of calculating the probability to loot an item. I suggest that you use Poisson's method

P=(e^-mean * mean^k) / k!

The mean here is the probability to loot the set item and k is the number of times you want to loot it.

Using no rerolls and considering the fact that the drop rate is close to 0,1%.... The probability to loot one is 0,0905%

Using leprechaun is another level of calculation. I will get into it in a while.

Fredystern
04-24-2016, 07:48 AM
Read the whole chat... Rerolling a legendary or higher will be rerolling the whole drop table. So basically, you give yourself another chance at looting a set item. You don't reroll for a better loot, you just reroll and get the best of both drops

@OP there are other ways of calculating the probability to loot an item. I suggest that you use Poisson's method

P=(e^-mean * mean^k) / k!

The mean here is the probability to loot the set item and k is the number of times you want to loot it.

Using no rerolls and considering the fact that the drop rate is close to 0,1%.... The probability to loot one is 0,0905%

Using leprechaun is another level of calculation. I will get into it in a while.

Ur math score in school? :O i even dont understand you mean at all >.<

Befs
04-24-2016, 08:48 AM
For everyone confused about what Vroom said, here's another explanation from Cara.

Basically, if you loot a legendary or higher and re-roll, it gives you 2 seperate loots (as if you ran the map twice) then chooses the better of the two.

eugene9707
04-24-2016, 09:14 AM
God this is horrible. You only get a chance to reroll the set item if you reroll on legendary drop. And its not guarantied, it just unlocks the full loot table that you can have a chance to loot set item. Normally luck reroll doesnt roll on entire table just up to legendary.
If by any chance you loot legendary without rerolling(like without luck, orginal loot) you can have a chance for set item reroll.

Actually, no.

You get a chance of set when you kill the boss. But I when you get a re-roll from a legendary, instead of the normal rank-up re-roll (legendary-->mythic or set), you just have a second try (re-roll the entire loot table, instead of a loot table of legendary or higher, aka rank-up)

Side rant: idk what's wrong with the mobile version of the site, tried to edit my previous post for clarification but it ended up deleting it no matter wherein the page I click (it always trigger the delete button)...

Befs
04-24-2016, 09:17 AM
God this is horrible. You only get a chance to reroll the set item if you reroll on legendary drop. And its not guarantied, it just unlocks the full loot table that you can have a chance to loot set item. Normally luck reroll doesnt roll on entire table just up to legendary.
If by any chance you loot legendary without rerolling(like without luck, orginal loot) you can have a chance for set item reroll.

You can get set items without luck.

eugene9707
04-24-2016, 10:18 AM
well Vroom said on previous chat that in order to protect the rarity some changes... etc.. and, you have to loot legendary to be able to reroll* on set. thats where i made the assumption

Yes i saw it from vroom's replies but 1 in 10k, maybe more, most likely is the rate. if it was like 1 in 1000 or sth like that we would have seen couple items on auc. already

Ya... The change is just changing how loot used to be a rarity up when you have a reroll.

So after the change, rerolling from a legendary does not guarantee a rarity up (legendary to mythic or set)

Legallyblonde
04-24-2016, 10:41 AM
tl;dr don't
bother

Kaziscate
04-24-2016, 11:53 AM
How was that a fun fact?

It's now edited to make it seem not so fun.

Morholt
04-24-2016, 06:16 PM
Ya... The change is just changing how loot used to be a rarity up when you have a reroll.

So after the change, rerolling from a legendary does not guarantee a rarity up (legendary to mythic or set)Incorrect. There is no change.

Even for basic legendary gear farming, since the beginning, you would be constantly rerolling items. The thing is, you only see the reroll message if you actually have a higher rarity item result from your second drop chance. Hence "rerolled FOR BETTER LOOT!" is the message. If it was displaying messages for "player X rerolled!" our chat box would be flooded beyond belief.

You can, and always have been able to, reroll from a common item up to a legendary. It never has been just one tier up.

The only change is now there is a higher tier than legendary to possibly loot.

Before, if your original loot drop was a legendary, you would not see a reroll message because there was no higher tier item to drop.

Now, we can loot stuff higher than legendary tier. If we reroll and get the set tier item, that doesn't automatically mean we rerolled from a legendary item. It could have been a green/rare item.

As it was stated: rerolling just means you get a chance at another drop, and the game gives you the higher tier one of the two drops.
As a result, you see the reroll message much less than you are actually rerolling, since it only appears if something better drops.

You otherwise would see a message once for every 4 mobs killed with a 25% reroll elixir on. Think for a moment...a party of four, all with 25% reroll. That would mean one reroll every time a monster is slain. Obviously, we have never played and seen a reroll message for every mob slain.

Hence, we can confirm there hasn't been any change in how loot reroll works. It has always been a second drop chance and you get the better of the two tiers.

eugene9707
04-24-2016, 06:35 PM
Incorrect. There is no change.

Even for basic legendary gear farming, since the beginning, you would be constantly rerolling items. The thing is, you only see the reroll message if you actually have a higher rarity item result from your second drop chance. Hence "rerolled FOR BETTER LOOT!" is the message. If it was displaying messages for "player X rerolled!" our chat box would be flooded beyond belief.

You can, and always have been able to, reroll from a common item up to a legendary. It never has been just one tier up.

Before, if your original loot drop was a legendary, you would not see a reroll message because there was no higher tier item to drop.

Now, we can loot stuff higher than legendary tier. If we reroll and get the set tier item, that doesn't automatically mean we rerolled from a legendary item. It could have been a green/rare item.

As it was stated: rerolling just means you get a chance at another drop, and the game gives you the higher tier one of the two drops.
As a result, you see the reroll message much less than you are actually rerolling, since it only appears if something better drops.

You otherwise would see a message once for every 4 mobs killed with a 25% reroll elixir on. Think for a moment...a party of four, all with 25% reroll. That would mean one reroll every time a monster is slain. Obviously, we have never played and seen a reroll message for every mob slain.

Hence, we can confirm there hasn't been any change in how loot reroll works. It has always been a second drop chance and you get the better of the two tiers.

Well... Here's the screenshot from what devs said...
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1601/26010493454_63819f0317_b.jpg

Also, not every 4 mob kill drops a loot for you to reroll.....

And look at the quotes from bef's post (#18).... By Cara

I think devs knows how reroll works better than us players.... And from what I heard, what you described is how reroll worked back in PL... But apparently AL is different

eugene9707
04-24-2016, 07:49 PM
Well idk why we get info's from chatbox or post replies not from official announcements so everyone can see. I believe Vrooms's intention was to give some clarifrication then followed by caparice. But for valid info maybe changes should have been announced officially.

Ya... Let go bug vroom about it when he's back to work tomorrow xD

Befs
04-24-2016, 08:05 PM
I think devs knows how reroll works better than us players.... And from what I heard, what you described is how reroll worked back in PL... But apparently AL is different

Early in PL, you would re-roll and it would roll the whole table again, and give you the better of the two items that you looted, so it was the equivalent of running the map twice, but then it was changed so that it would give you an item one tier higher.

What Morholt said was incorrect as far as I know.

ilhanna
04-24-2016, 10:46 PM
OP, so how is the luck stacking working out for you? Loot any item yet?

thekragle
04-24-2016, 11:39 PM
Is it really that the odds are low or just not enough players are running the maps. I mean even over the weekend I would join a map and wait and wait and maybe one player would join.

When Glinstone caverns expansion started I could join a map and there would be at least two or three other players in map already. Seems like map is too hard or loot is not worth time/profit.

Also, not a critism but funny enough, the set is suppose to help with the new maps but by the time I've aquired the set wouldnt I be done playing the new maps, except for the coming up elite maps I guess.

I wish the set could be aquired in Glinstone maps so I could then be fully geared up to take on the new maps.

Eternyl
04-25-2016, 12:40 AM
Great thread. Kudos to OP for not bashing STS and being patient and supportive

Fredystern
04-25-2016, 05:42 AM
Incorrect. There is no change.

I think what vroom mean they change the luck system is you could reroll from common up to legendary, set items only drop from legendary reroll and that still didnt gave you 100% change on set, set items could drop without luck but it was rare to happen same with planar recipe correct me if i was wrong

Befs
04-25-2016, 05:57 AM
I think what vroom mean they change the luck system is you could reroll from common up to legendary, set items only drop from legendary reroll and that still didnt gave you 100% change on set, set items could drop without luck but it was rare to happen same with planar recipe correct me if i was wrong

Nope nope nopes.

You cannot roll from common to legendary. What Vroom means is that if you re-roll a legendary, it will roll the whole table again, and give you the better of the two items dropped. Similar to having killed the boss twice, but only getting one of the items looted. You cannot roll from epic to set because it still goes 1 up to legendary, contrary to what Morholt said. Same goes for rares going to epic, and commons to rares.

Does that make sense now?

bonjovi3223
04-25-2016, 06:01 AM
Why dosent Vroom come & explain himself rather then everyone arguing with each other?

eugene9707
04-25-2016, 10:49 AM
Why dosent Vroom come & explain himself rather then everyone arguing with each other?

He's reading it, savior is coming XD

Dragoonclaws
04-25-2016, 02:38 PM
btw that idk where did you get that 0.1 % but in reality it is not the rate. There was way more than 1000 run in entire game since update, and no set item loot or mold. Theoreticly someone should have get one loot by now.

About Poisson's method you dont have enough parameter to use because we dont have a loot on spesific time. Its used to determine a probability of an event between certain time interval. mean doesnt work because we dont know the loot rate
So its 0 loot on 4 days you can reach %0 probability with that.

I said "considering the fact"

Which means, if StS programmed the set items to drop at 0,1% rate, then the probability to loot the set item after completing one run is 0,0905%

I would live to make a little study and ask people to farm the map and see how many set items drop. I want to try to find the approximative drop rate of each tier items.

Kaziscate
04-25-2016, 09:17 PM
He's reading it, savior is coming XD

Cue the epic music!