PDA

View Full Version : Work in Progress! - First look at new icon for Star Legends

Samhayne
07-21-2011, 05:00 PM
As you've probably seen, we have some icons we use for Pocket Legends with some posed character art, such as:

The team is also working on some similar iconography for Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles. We thought that you might like to get the advance look at what we're cooking up for the "shield" part of the icon.

THIS IMAGERY IS STILL WORK IN PROGRESS! I just want to make that clear :) Also, the posing of the characters is still being done - this is just the boarder stuff, similar to the Shield in the Pocket Legends icons. The silhouette is placeholder stuffs.

Some thoughts on our side is perhaps the metal is too "pristine" and could use a little blackening and battle scarring; but again, it's work in progress.

What do you think?

Roasty
07-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Way cool Sam! <3

Flowman
07-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Shield looks fine to me. I like the lighting effects and the steel texture on the bottom part is a nice change from the chrome looking top; really brings out that it's all composite with light hitting different parts/different angles. However, as much as I do enjoy flame filters, and that blue filter does look cool, where is it coming from and what purpose does it serve? Just seems out of place to me, although I do like the parts where it crosses the metal; gives a nice shine effect.

Also, I like how the words on the bottom are untouched. Makes them stand out more.

Register
07-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Way cool Sam! <3

lmao toasty xD

I kinda like the metal. Unless the inside would be a brighter theme. If so, i think a darker metal would look cool!
It would bring out the inside and the words more. Thats what matters right : ) And yes, the flames kinda look out of place. Maybe if there was a special fire bullet thing (lmao xD) coming out of a gun and it was wafting away....

ThisGuy0502
07-21-2011, 05:10 PM
That sick! Nice job!

Flowman
07-21-2011, 05:11 PM
I was gonna suggest the main center piece be a character with a smoking pistol held like across the body with the gun kinda pointed up at an angle infront of the face, and then just showing the face and the top part of the gun, with like a smokey/flame filter coming out of it. Didn't know if it was too cheesy.

Samhayne
07-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Shield looks fine to me. I like the lighting effects and the steel texture on the bottom part is a nice change from the chrome looking top; really brings out that it's all composite with light hitting different parts/different angles. However, as much as I do enjoy flame filters, and that blue filter does look cool, where is it coming from and what purpose does it serve? Just seems out of place to me, although I do like the parts where it crosses the metal; gives a nice shine effect.

Also, I like how the words on the bottom are untouched. Makes them stand out more.

Yeah the blue smokey/flame stuff is just a layer that was on top when the artist working on it saved me out a flat version. Again, it's just work in progress. Thanks for the feedback :)

Register
07-21-2011, 05:17 PM
maybe move the blue smokey flames to below the shield and have it liked it singed the metal? The metal seems to be scraped up at the bottom and the flames could be from those...enemies....idk what they are called xD

Flowman
07-21-2011, 05:27 PM
maybe move the blue smokey flames to below the shield and have it liked it singed the metal? The metal seems to be scraped up at the bottom and the flames could be from those...enemies....idk what they are called xD

I was gonna also say something like that too! Register, let's just mold our brains together and become a graphical dynamic duo. Only you have to be Robin...

But seriously, having the shield kind of sitting in the blue flames could have it almost resemble fog rolling through it. Your graphics guy obviously knows what he's doing so I'm sure the final product will be great

Register
07-21-2011, 05:30 PM
I was gonna also say something like that too! Register, let's just mold our brains together and become a graphical dynamic duo. Only you have to be Robin...

But seriously, having the shield kind of sitting in the blue flames could have it almost resemble fog rolling through it. Your graphics guy obviously knows what he's doing so I'm sure the final product will be great

lol xD And yep the final design would be amazing! Even if its a rock, ill eat it in happiness ^^

Bet you wouldnt have said that, flow

strange,...i just got the idea of a contest :rolleyes:

Cascade
07-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Some battle scars would be cool maybe some stratches and scorch marks?

Flowman
07-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Some battle scars would be cool maybe some stratches and scorch marks?

oooo ya scorch marks from laser fire would be pretty cool.

Register
07-21-2011, 05:49 PM
oooo ya scorch marks from laser fire would be pretty cool.

ya ya!! Not on the whole thing tho...egh.

Yvonnel
07-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Sweet!

Sam, you guys need to do some pc wallpapers. Stuff like the logos, high res in-game screenies, etc.

xero
07-21-2011, 06:02 PM
IMO, the icon for SL looks pretty slick Sam... you guys should keep the silhouette for the final icon.

Almost like the icon is saying: the main hero of the game is YOU!

Anyways, keep up the fantastic work guys :)

Survivorfan
07-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Awesome, now put that on a mousepad and t-shirt

RickyxTan88
07-21-2011, 07:30 PM
I really like it. I personally wouldn't scar it. It looks very clean. My favorite part is the light off to the right side. Possibly a little more. What I dont like is the outside ring. It would be cool to see it as a gear and if your going for scarred maybe take a tooth off the gear?

Register
07-21-2011, 07:49 PM
I really like it. I personally wouldn't scar it. It looks very clean. My favorite part is the light off to the right side. Possibly a little more. What I dont like is the outside ring. It would be cool to see it as a gear and if your going for scarred maybe take a tooth off the gear?

i like that tooth off the gear thing! That would look cool. I like the outside ring..just one ring would look too....blech!

Acyer
07-21-2011, 08:29 PM
I like it. Looks real nice

Quientar
07-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Maybe use that blue fire to highlight the toons placed in the center? sorta like a halo around them or something?