PDA

View Full Version : [Design Blog] Adjustments to Luck Elixirs: Mythics and Arcanes can drop from mobs!

VROOMIGoRealFast
04-25-2016, 03:55 PM
Hey Arlorians!

We’ve seen some confusion lately with our announced adjustments to Luck Elixirs and how re-rolling loot works, so I want to take some time to explain it to you.

When you kill a boss, the loot you receive is picked from the list of all items the boss can drop, known as the Loot Table. The Loot Table can have common, rare, epic, legendary, mythic, set, arcane, or vanity items. When you have a Luck Elixir and you defeat an enemy, you have a chance to reroll the item you’re supposed to get with a chance at better loot. Due to the way the Luck Elixir works, previously we couldn’t drop rare items like Mythic, Set, or Arcane. We enjoy just as much as you all when you kill a boss and suddenly see that amazing item drop on the floor, so we’ve made some adjustments to the Luck Elixir which now allow us to drop Mythic, Set, or Arcane items directly from enemies! The Antignome Set is the first to take advantage of this, and in the future, some bosses of the elite variety might drop some weapons that are pretty mythic. Oops, was that a spoiler?

The process starts with the initial pull of 1 item. This will be known as “the item you’re supposed to receive”. Once that item is pulled, if you have a luck elixir and it procs, the item is rerolled accordingly:

If the item you’re supposed to receive is Common, Rare, or Epic
At these rarities, the luck elixir will go back into the Loot Table, choose the next highest rarity (Common => Rare, Rare => Epic, Epic => Legendary), and randomly give you an item from that rarity. You are guaranteed to go up 1 rarity if the Luck Elixir procs in this situation.

If the item you’re supposed to receive is Legendary, Mythic, or Set
At these rarities, the entire Loot Table is rolled again (just like the first pull) and you will receive the better item out of the 2 pulls.

Example 1:
Pull 1 – Legendary
Pull 2 – Epic
Player Receives: Legendary

Example 2:
Pull 1 – Legendary
Pull 2 – Mythic
Player Receives: Mythic

This is equivalent to killing the enemy a second time and taking the better loot that drops, giving you 2 chances at the item you want!

If the item you’re supposed to receive is Arcane
Congratulations you’ve just gotten lucky enough to loot the rarest items in the game! We won’t even bother rerolling because you already have the best. Also don’t play the lottery for a few days as your luck has probably run out.

I hope this makes it easier to understand the new effects of using the Luck Elixir!

Currently re-rolling for that Antignome Belt
-STSVroom

Lolifee
04-25-2016, 04:01 PM
first!
so its just like killing 2 bosses and getting the better item from both instead of 2.

Befs
04-25-2016, 04:07 PM
Nice to know that I was informing people correctly:smiley_simmons:

soon
04-25-2016, 04:09 PM
VRoom you can explain to me why this new weapons to warrior are weaker than the axes lv 46?

look

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?314142-Progression-New-legendary-weapons-to-warrior

Befs
04-25-2016, 04:11 PM
VRoom you can explain to me why this new weapons to warrior are weaker than the axes lv 46
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?314142-Progression-New-legendary-weapons-to-warrior

The two weapons are should not be compared, one is a powerful event weapon, while one is the base legendary for an expansion (weakest form of legendary).

Now please keep the thread on topic.

soon
04-25-2016, 04:15 PM
The two weapons are should not be compared, one is a powerful event weapon, while one is the base legendary for an expansion (weakest form of legendary).

Now please keep the thread on topic.

No, red axes are the strongest legendary weapon warrior. The galen is the second. What am I showing are the values of the two weapons, the new is stronger (DPS and STR) but for some reason have less damage and skill damage with it.

Befs
04-25-2016, 04:16 PM
No, axes are the strongest legendary weapon warrior. The galen is the second. What am I showing are the values of the two weapons, the new is stronger (DPS and STR) but for some reason have less damage and skill damage with it.

Because it has lower damage but higher hit rate I would assume.

Please try and PM if anything else, don't wanna derail thread.

Ydqm
04-25-2016, 04:41 PM
Mhmm vroom, do we need to use a luck elixir? Or will lepre do? And also is it possible to just loot the set without re rolling?

Ravager
04-25-2016, 04:46 PM
Does rerolling affect the Mold component needed to craft the Set armor? I know sometimes some items that are of craft/essence category, they can not be rerolled.

soon
04-25-2016, 04:49 PM
Wooooow lol.

It is because your Maul has Jewels in it. Honestly is this not a joke?

Also what Befs said makes no sense. You're right and he is wrong, but don't forget that Primary Stat jewels like Fury ones, they give you Health, Damage, Dps and stuff. ;)

Axe has +30 de damage

eugene9707
04-25-2016, 04:56 PM
Axe has +30 de damage

Why are you derailing this thread?
Anyways dps(damage per second) is different from damage....
I can have a weapon that does one damage, but hits 10 times a second. Or a weapon that have 10 damage, but his once every second. Both will have 10 dps, but have different damage value....

And ways... Thanks vroom for clearing this up :)

Befs
04-25-2016, 05:31 PM
Wooooow lol.

It is because your Maul has Jewels in it. Honestly is this not a joke?

Also what Befs said makes no sense. You're right and he is wrong, but don't forget that Primary Stat jewels like Fury ones, they give you Health, Damage, Dps and stuff. ;)

About that. How do you expect 2 weak fury jewels to give him 34 damage?

VROOMIGoRealFast
04-25-2016, 06:14 PM
Mhmm vroom, do we need to use a luck elixir? Or will lepre do? And also is it possible to just loot the set without re rolling?

Luck Elixir and Lepre Pendant will reroll the same way, I'll clarify that in my post. And yes you can loot the set without a luck elixir or lepre pendant.

Does rerolling affect the Mold component needed to craft the Set armor? I know sometimes some items that are of craft/essence category, they can not be rerolled.

Rerolling will affect the mold component, since it drops like regular loot.

Hercules
04-25-2016, 06:21 PM
Your tittle says: From Mobs or Bosses o.O

Ticklish
04-25-2016, 06:24 PM
Your tittle says: From Mobs or Bosses o.O

Good catch! Lol. I still hope they look into drop rates, though.

eugene9707
04-25-2016, 08:51 PM
well set item or mold wont drop from mob, maybe in future some other items.

Maybe it's a hint that they will be super rare drop from elite mobs :O

bonjovi3223
04-25-2016, 11:58 PM
Thank you for the clarification Vroom. I thought you had run out of fuel :).

Donquixoth
04-26-2016, 12:38 AM
Lets torturing Jarl once more!!!

Fear
04-26-2016, 01:26 AM
Are arcanes currently dropping from anywhere? Has anybody dropped any set items since this was announced?

stricker20000
04-26-2016, 02:02 AM
May I ask how you can re-roll to a "rare" item from boss then? As far as I know lowest rarity available at boss (new maps) is "rare" so as you just described you should re-roll to epic then but sometimes you re-roll and get rare. Or do you re-roll from bronze chest to crap rare?

Robhawk
04-26-2016, 03:38 AM
May I ask how you can re-roll to a "rare" item from boss then? As far as I know lowest rarity available at boss (new maps) is "rare" so as you just described you should re-roll to epic then but sometimes you re-roll and get rare. Or do you re-roll from bronze chest to crap rare?

You get a rare item then you perhaps re-roll and then you get a rare item again. This means your re-roll chance just got another crap rare item... This is called bad luck!
To re-roll does not mean you get an epic item -> reroll -> get legendary item! You just have another chance for other _PERHAPS_ better loot and the better one drops.
Imho to re-roll just means you have 2 chances for getting crap items instead of 1, lol! :smiley_simmons:

VJ Ramirez
04-26-2016, 04:17 AM
How about the cryo crate drop?:distracted:

Rome
04-26-2016, 04:25 AM
40 luck elixirs used so far ( lepr, egg ring ).

Still haven't got anything. same goes for my entire party. And according to my previous threads. same goes for the entire community.

-ambo

Robhawk
04-26-2016, 04:34 AM
40 luck elixirs used so far ( lepr, egg ring ).

Still haven't got anything. same goes for my entire party. And according to my previous threads. same goes for the entire community.

-ambo

Imho running the maps is absolutely useless at the moment. There is nearly nothing worth farming. You loot something SET-related or loot nothing! When you could loot other items worth something, f.e. good L56 legendary gear, locked, vanities, lix, anhks it would be a different story... but now its like get the holy grail (antignome) or go home. Not worth the time or the money.

Befs
04-26-2016, 06:05 AM
You get a rare item then you perhaps re-roll and then you get a rare item again. This means your re-roll chance just got another crap rare item... This is called bad luck!
To re-roll does not mean you get an epic item -> reroll -> get legendary item! You just have another chance for other _PERHAPS_ better loot and the better one drops.
Imho to re-roll just means you have 2 chances for getting crap items instead of 1, lol! :smiley_simmons:

False.

That's only with legendaries and above.

Possibly rolling a common? Or yeah maybe bronze chest :mask:

Weird.

Snoobcat
04-26-2016, 06:19 AM
Imho running the maps is absolutely useless at the moment. There is nearly nothing worth farming. You loot something SET-related or loot nothing! When you could loot other items worth something, f.e. good L56 legendary gear, locked, vanities, lix, anhks it would be a different story... but now its like get the holy grail (antignome) or go home. Not worth the time or the money.
Glintstone coins? Farming glintstone coins is better than dragkin teeth imo

Untung
04-26-2016, 06:21 AM
Gold chest about 60k at auction house

Faliziaga
04-26-2016, 06:53 AM
False.

That's only with legendaries and above.

Possibly rolling a common? Or yeah maybe bronze chest :mask:

Weird.
As far as I know items of common rarity should not be in the bosses' loot table. And if I remember right, chest drops are separate and re-rolling a chest should guarantee a chest a tier higher.

Serancha
04-26-2016, 08:55 AM
As far as I know items of common rarity should not be in the bosses' loot table. And if I remember right, chest drops are separate and re-rolling a chest should guarantee a chest a tier higher.

Should not does not mean is not. I know that I have received commons from bosses in past seasons, but then my luck is exceptional.

Legallyblonde
04-26-2016, 09:26 AM
They should remove commons from earlier season elite loot tables and put the old arcane/mythics in those loot tables.

Y'know to celebrate the new luck mechanics :).

Sfubi
04-26-2016, 09:31 AM
(you can't compare a sword to a hammer. it is like comparing blades to bow)

I have noticed that when i have the egg ring equipped while i have a luck lix, i do not reroll. I may reroll every third map...

If i have the egg ring only i reroll the same as i did with egg ring and luck lix.

If i have the luck lix only i reroll several times each map. is it possible the reroll looks to the egg ring only and some how ignores the luck lix?

I am only using the egg ring for the xp boost until i lvl up. My current fix is not to waste gold/plat on luck lix.

stricker20000
04-26-2016, 10:00 AM
Should not does not mean is not. I know that I have received commons from bosses in past seasons, but then my luck is exceptional.

There are no common items in loot table of new bosses or rengol bosses except bronze chest... so need dev to clarify, please.

Faliziaga
04-26-2016, 10:23 AM
"My impression of the luck elixir that if you were to get an item, say a purple (epic) item, it would have a chance to re-roll and bump your item to the next level of rarity, (legendary in this case)."

You are re-rolling from one loot table to another loot table. Loot tables can contain from 1 to however many items the designer assigns to it. So, for example, if you are in the lowest loot table (with its list of items) and get a re-roll on a common, it's entirely possible that the next higher loot table (with its own list of items) also contains some commons that you have a chance at rolling to, as I understand it. Mostly, you'll get a better item but sometimes not.

Hope this helps.
Searching forums on this topic I found this. Do we still re-roll from a rare item of the lowest loot table to a rare item of a higher loot table?

emkochiu
04-26-2016, 10:41 AM
If drop rate of legendary items is 1%, mythic items 0.1% and u have lepre + luck kit (40% re-roll), the chance u can re-roll and receive mythic is 0.0004%. It's nearly impossible. Basiclly, lepre + luck kit increase your chance from 0.1% to 0.1004%, not worth to buy luck kit.

intizamfamily888
04-26-2016, 02:09 PM
If drop rate of legendary items is 1%, mythic items 0.1% and u have lepre + luck kit (40% re-roll), the chance u can re-roll and receive mythic is 0.0004%. It's nearly impossible. Basiclly, lepre + luck kit increase your chance from 0.1% to 0.1004%, not worth to buy luck kit.
So why you farm locks with luck then?

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

stricker20000
04-26-2016, 03:11 PM

Well, luck elixier/lepre works in a different way towards legendaries(locks) than set items

emkochiu
04-26-2016, 08:19 PM

When u loot epic items and reroll, u have 100% chance to loot legendary items.

Kaziscate
04-26-2016, 10:45 PM
When re-rolling for Legendaries-Arcanes, the re-roll will still bump the loot up a tier for both pulls right?

will0
04-26-2016, 10:50 PM
i think this set is impossible to farm either by coins or mold especially with people do not have time to login 24hrs.. some items should be purchasable by platinum or sort

Robhawk
04-27-2016, 12:55 AM
Gold chest about 60k at auction house

I did quite a few runs but i didn't get a gold chest yet, just 1 bronze and this is worth like 4k... so well a chest that drops every 50 runs is still a waste of time for me.

Untung
04-27-2016, 02:49 AM
Just like old days when tried looting malison without luck elixir, but this time rarer than old malison

FloresSuper
04-27-2016, 03:33 AM
Great job STS!Hoping for more awesome updates!Keep it up!

Energizeric
04-28-2016, 02:45 AM
This thread confirms what I had been saying for 3 years, but nobody would believe me....

Prior to this change to the luck elixir, the luck elixir functioned the way it now does for common, rare and epic items. A re-roll meant that you automatically get an item from the next tier up. It did not really mean another random re-roll.

The reason why they needed to make this change in order to allow mythic and arcane items to drop from bosses is that under the old system, they would have become way too common.

<KingPete>
04-29-2016, 02:04 PM
So Vroom, is there somewhere we can find a full table of Bosses/Elite Bosses and their drops? And if not, will there be one made available? It would be nice to know exactly which bosses to farm. Thanks!

-Rare

Rafael Silva
04-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Which boss can win these items ?

Rehired
04-29-2016, 04:12 PM
So Vroom, is there somewhere we can find a full table of Bosses/Elite Bosses and their drops? And if not, will there be one made available? It would be nice to know exactly which bosses to farm. Thanks!

-Rare
I second this. Is there a way we can get this information Vroom? Also Vroom when I first say your name on the forums (liitle less than 3 weeks ago.) it had me laughing like crazy. "VroomIGoRealFast" What an amazing name Lol.

will0
05-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Please make new map coin sack available to platinum purchase.

Reniennn
05-03-2016, 12:00 AM
Will we be able to see the loot table?

kinzmet
05-03-2016, 07:59 AM

Vroom's word "rare" refers to hard to loot items not the rarity type!

Due to the way the Luck Elixir works, previously we couldn’t drop rare items like Mythic, Set, or Arcane.

Faliziaga
05-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Vroom's word "rare" refers to hard to loot items not the rarity type!

If the item you’re supposed to receive is Common, Rare, or Epic
At these rarities, the luck elixir will go back into the Loot Table, choose the next highest rarity (Common => Rare, Rare => Epic, Epic => Legendary), and randomly give you an item from that rarity. You are guaranteed to go up 1 rarity if the Luck Elixir procs in this situation.

The question is whether chests are not separate thus we reroll from a bronze chest to a rare (green) item or whether different loot tables exist and we reroll from a lower loot table rare item to another rare item one loot table higher. Rerolling to a rare item happens also in Underhul elite .

Untung
05-03-2016, 11:24 PM
Chests don't have a separate loot table. Otherwise you would never be looting locks from mobs.

As carapace stated in chatbox, reroll works on increasing the tier of drop you were about to receive.

Yeah, because of that i rarely use "luck" in underhul, i don't want my gold heretic reroll to 250 gold worth pink

Faliziaga
05-04-2016, 01:05 AM
Chests don't have a separate loot table. Otherwise you would never be looting locks from mobs.

As carapace stated in chatbox, reroll works on increasing the tier of drop you were about to receive.

I have some dusty memories from the beginning of al that bronze/silver/gold chests were separate (pre locked crates time). A re-roll on a chest meant a chest a tier higher. So obviously this has changed. And what about the thread title that arcanes and mythics can drop from mobs, is that meant literally or actually 'bosses'?