PDA

View Full Version : Weird Death Bug in Captive

CanonicalKoi
07-22-2011, 02:18 PM
I was playing with a friend earlier and he had an odd "death"--aliens got him and down he went. Then we both heard the "WHIRRR!" sound (he had an XP pot on) that you get when you rezz and his health and mana went back to full. Problem being, he was still dead on the floor and he hadn't hit the paid respawn option. Then, when he hit "Respawn at start", he respawned at the entry point alright, but with only half health and mana! I'd never seen that happen before and it may have been a one-off, but it was seriously weird.

Sadly, I was too surprised to get a shot of him still dead with full health and mana, but here's a screenie after he respawned back at entry with low health and mana.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/deadbuthealthy.png

Darkfader
07-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Respawning with low health / mana is normal. Or least for me both are always low when I respawn except at pvp.

CanonicalKoi
07-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Oh, I get that. But while he was still dead on the floor, his health and mana went full to the tippy-top. Then when he actually rezzed went back down to normal. My apologies--the OP did sound like I was astounded at the health/mana not being full after respawn. What was odd was what sounded and looked like a paid respawn event complete with full mana/health occurred while he was still laying on the floor like a haddock. So--dead and zero health to dead with full mana/health to respawned with half mana/health. No offense intended to any haddocks who may play.

Register
07-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Haha thats weird! he shouldny have respawned to see what happened. Cuz what if it gave him a free spawn with full hp and mana?

In the screenie he doesnt have a xp pot on, you do.

CanonicalKoi
07-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Huh. He'd had XP pot on earlier in the level, maybe it had worn off. And, yeah, I had the combo going because it was just the two of us doing Captive. While he was laying there, as his stats jumped up to full, he got the big "WHIRRRRR!" noise that you get when you pop into a dungeon or get respawn/rez with pots on. Big noise--bam--full everything, but still dead. He laid there for a few seconds while we both got that "Dur?" look going and then he respawned. He was surprised that mana/health went back down to normal respawn levels considering they'd just been full and that's why I told him, "You were a very healthy dead person".

Zerious
07-22-2011, 06:58 PM
lol that is weird... Maybe it's a bug regarding previous pots.... possibly pending on which pot he used