PDA

View Full Version : Beware of noob beggar scams

Generalriggs
07-22-2011, 06:26 PM
So i was sitting in bale fort and I had out my banjo out someone who'd been begging for cash came up and said I'll trade my basher for that. So yea noob beggar scam.

Second time: once again sitting in blaefort and someone is there and is begging for money claimed he only had 435 gold comes up and shows me 100k! Again beggar noob scam

Also beware of "I'll double your money" scams I've met one who actually did do it others are scamers.

Also a message to all people who do either of these things... Don't it's scamming and shouldn't be done. Of you've been hacked that's reasonable to ask for cash but anything else? No. Seriously just go kill some enimies and don't beg.

Silentarrow
07-22-2011, 06:31 PM
It is impossible to double money, and if you have met someone who can do it report them to support(@)spacetimestudios.com.

Generalriggs
07-22-2011, 06:33 PM
It is impossible to double money, and if you have met someone who can do it report them to support(@)spacetimestudios.com. what they do is you give them certain amount they give you double but still all in all it's wrong

Darkfader
07-22-2011, 06:41 PM
I have now seen two different character who doing this money doubling service and reported both. Scammers always looking for new scams but a the end I won't really know who could fall into em.

Zerious
07-22-2011, 07:41 PM
I have now seen two different character who doing this money doubling service and reported both. Scammers always looking for new scams but a the end I won't really know who could fall into em.

lol seen this done before. I counter-scammed by "misclicking". This was back in intbear days when i was fresh from scamsville aka Maplestory.

basically they were gonna double my 100k, when they actually put to trade 20k. after the "misclick" i was 10k richer XD

Moogerfooger
07-22-2011, 07:50 PM
The money doubling scam has been around since the game came out. It doesn't exist other than a player trying to scam people by taking their money, so just report them. There is already a thread somewhere with all of the well-known scams commonly seen in PL (and eventually SL).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23590-beware-of-scamming!-list-of-common-scams&highlight=scams

Placer
07-22-2011, 10:51 PM
'Someone' offered me 50k,void blaster,and some other pinks ....told me i can have it if I bought a henchman bow from CS for him. It wasn't even close to 50k so....

I laughed and said,oh thats your henchman huh? Then he immediately signed off.

It was in CS listed under sssunssshine too.

TechniShock
07-23-2011, 12:55 AM
(Quick Tip): if u see people without any equipment on,Begging for gold or items, click on their player profile and you might see a lvl maybe like 48 or higher.

Piosidon
07-23-2011, 01:09 AM
If you see any level 1 beggars they are not new players because a new level 1 would finish the tutorial and be level 2. Also if a level 10 is begging in balefort castle they also most likely not be new players as new players only move up maps when they relize they can't level anymore

Redbridge
07-23-2011, 02:04 AM
Sringy!!!

ZeraJade
07-23-2011, 01:15 PM
All these scams have been around in every other game I've played for years. But I got an epic screen of a 'double your money' guy saying he hacks the system to do it :) (emailed it) ofc then bragged he's been reported lots of times and never banned...hoping for device ban (hint)

There is no real good reason for anyone to beg for anything. Pots drop from mobs, gold comes from quests and equips are drops or from quests.

Don't ask to borrow. Don't lend. If you can't punch them in the face, don't trust them. Not that I'm promoting violence, it's just a figure of speech.

kaijustorm
07-23-2011, 05:51 PM
So today I was in forest haven towne area, and this guy was begging for gold. I told him "go fight for it like everyone else". He then says, "I would but I dont have a weapon, i got hacked." Moments later, some other naive and generous player ,flat out, gave him a weapon which he immediatley equips and makes visible on his char. He then asks where he can find crossbows to which i replied, "In drops". Seconds later he unequips his weapon and i ask "what happened to that nice weapon you just had?" To which he replied, " I got hacked again, theres a hacker in here." Rich, man....just rich! Of all the ways to obtain/farm equipment...this one tops the cake and to be so blatantly obvious about it! Needless to say, i reported it. But wow! Beware of this scam!

Jedispartan
07-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Wow I hate peeps like that. Me as a lvl 55 bear I am constantly begged for money and peeps asking me to buy them something. It sucks. Anyway the most common scam I've seen is peeps saying that they can double money. It's a joke just ignore. Sometimes I act like I'm dumb to c what happens. Lol it's fun. But then I figure if this does work then wouldn't the scammer hav over 5mil? So I ask them to show only 100k. And nothin. They either say ur wasting my time or they leave the map. Then I announce all over that this person is a scammer. Hehe

PatsoeGamer
07-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Dislike beggars, dislike scammers - throw em in jail

Arterra
07-25-2011, 11:44 AM
A few of us caught Boomer in the act of catching a scammer... The guy was trying to sell access to balefort for gold I think. If anything, that is at least original.

Anyway back to boomer aka JustG... He seemed a little annoyed at how we revealed him at a critical moment xD
He had his candy banhammer on and everything, very incognito.
/devscaughtinaction

Leli
07-25-2011, 12:07 PM
the most common scam tht ive seen was when the go into randon trade with levels 48+ and put in a ton of pinks tht are worth 2000 or less. and they say ill give u these free if u buy me 'this' in cs. it happened to me before. gave me pinks and told me there free if u buy me this in cs. i looked the item up and it costed ovr 100k. pinks he tryed to give me=less than 10k in all. dnt fall for scammers and beggers