PDA

View Full Version : How to beat Miner McGuirk

pizzaman
07-23-2011, 10:09 AM
To my best knowledge, there is no info on how to beat him on the forum, so here we go.

I'm still not sure about some things, so please correct me...

You can not target him directly. Every time one of the barrels take damage, the squidballs appear. So be carefull with using skills that draw out too much of them at once. Lure them near the miner and make them explode and he will take damage. Do not come to close to him, as he can insta-kill players. Try to get a few engineers in your party, so they can revive eachother. Have them spam empathy.

Flowman
07-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Um...no. No that's not right at all lol.
I'll post a guide later I have to go to work soon.

EDIT: Unless one of the Gears of War guys wants to make a guide, I'll be gone for about 6 hours. We've done the miner a crap-load of times, a number of times to just figure out exactly what happens when and why.

Ebalere
07-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Uh flow, i wouldnt say that its not right at all, this way works just fine and we killed him in about 2 minutes with little trouble. In fact i can solo him quite easily now. If you have a different way of doing it, cool.

ThisGuy0502
07-23-2011, 10:37 AM
I say the easiest way to kill minor is...
1) enter miner area and DONT SHOOT!
Why because when u have a group and everyone is shooting like crazy.. all they are tageting are the barels.. which makes like 100 bugs on the field that nearly kill you with one blow...
2) when minor smashes on the ground (you have to act fast) you shoot the barel thats he is nearest to...
Do this because when you shoot the barrel bugs come out... and since you are shooting the barrel he is next to and he smashing rocks... the rocks destroy all the bugs next to him causing like a minimum of 800 damge each time
3) just keep running and dont step out of the area :)

Flowman
07-23-2011, 01:49 PM
I had an entire post typed up for this on my laptop but I got banned before I could submit it. It might have saved but im at work now on my phone so ill have to upload it later

Ebalere
07-23-2011, 02:06 PM
I say the easiest way to kill minor is...
1) enter miner area and DONT SHOOT!
Why because when u have a group and everyone is shooting like crazy.. all they are tageting are the barels.. which makes like 100 bugs on the field that nearly kill you with one blow...
2) when minor smashes on the ground (you have to act fast) you shoot the barel thats he is nearest to...
Do this because when you shoot the barrel bugs come out... and since you are shooting the barrel he is next to and he smashing rocks... the rocks destroy all the bugs next to him causing like a minimum of 800 damge each time
3) just keep running and dont step out of the area :)

This is exactly how i solo him, and i dont die.

Raulur
07-24-2011, 06:41 PM
This way does work just fine. On my engie I don't shoot, just heals, buffs and rez. I let the others kill the bugs, and I use an aoe skill when there are no bugs out.

Cahaun
07-28-2011, 04:19 PM
The miner kills himself. Even the intro says so."wait for target to make a mistake." His mistake is hitting the ground and getting hit by boulders.

Cahaun
07-28-2011, 04:22 PM
At least he doesn't have super laser guns like the Galactic Overlord. Be thankful for that! Just thought of it. :)

nafea
08-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Ok someone who can beat this Guy Plz help me been on him for days can't win I just keep running then I lag and die ever time

Thegodofgreen
08-07-2011, 03:11 PM
I've been in a few groups that have taken him down. Don't shoot run and heal... make sure you don't get hit by him I think he has knockback, knockdown, and stun... also the greenies will explode on you while you knocked down or stun another thing if you all die and he has 1 or 2 stone drops away from death just sit on the respawn screen sometimes he keeps going and kills himself.

Swimmingstar
08-07-2011, 05:52 PM
or you can just keep killing eggs and then rocks kill him

Pman3255
08-08-2011, 12:46 AM
I've taken him out once but we were all lvl 20-21

drewcapu
08-08-2011, 10:16 AM
If you're the only one left standing (err... running), what are some of the better defenses for when he charges at you? :D