PDA

View Full Version : Enchantress Magic Shield

Logan Johnson
07-23-2011, 12:51 PM
the downtime is so harsh and we are so worthless without it, espessially in pvp. i think the cooldown time should match with the shield time but have like a damage cap or something.. idk

Register
07-23-2011, 12:57 PM
i think its fine. Only thing is the restrained part of it. it takes too long to plop up in pvp. And if you are a smart mage in pvp you wouldnt put it on at the beginning of a fight. And the cooldown wont matter unless you are near the spawn point, in which you might have no problem fighting back if you have high hp. If i have low, i reward the other by fighting and doing my best cuz thats what they did the previous fight.

Logan Johnson
07-23-2011, 01:03 PM
you will get 1 shot in pvp without it

Register
07-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Then mages just suck at the level you are doing xD Go dual spec for survivabbility then. There is always a way man! Even if you need it just to fight, if you die, either you are bad at pvp with a mage o mages suck at the level. If you win, then you do as much damage as you can with minimal health and kill them on the next round (assuming its not a noob its not 'organized')

WhoIsThis
07-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Then mages just suck at the level you are doing xD Go dual spec for survivabbility then. There is always a way man! Even if you need it just to fight, if you die, either you are bad at pvp with a mage o mages suck at the level. If you win, then you do as much damage as you can with minimal health and kill them on the next round (assuming its not a noob its not 'organized')

Most likely the OP is referring to level cap. Register, you realize that pally has its own drawbacks. You don't do much damage. Int mage is a perfectly viable build at the level cap, if played correctly. The OP does not have to respec.

@Logan

When in an FFA, be careful about rushing in. If there's a bird, you can bet that your mana shield will go down. Allow the tanks to go in first (bears, warbirds, and pally). Then charge in. Int mages tend to attract the aggro when rushing for a reason - AOE from an int mage can lead to a group wipe.

In 1v1, have a combo ready specifically for birds. You charge. They cast blast shot. They've just used their most powerful shot. They can try to debuff or root you. Plan accordingly.

Register
07-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Most likely the OP is referring to level cap. Register, you realize that pally has its own drawbacks. You don't do much damage. Int mage is a perfectly viable build at the level cap, if played correctly. The OP does not have to respec.

@Logan

When in an FFA, be careful about rushing in. If there's a bird, you can bet that your mana shield will go down. Allow the tanks to go in first (bears, warbirds, and pally). Then charge in. Int mages tend to attract the aggro when rushing for a reason - AOE from an int mage can lead to a group wipe.

In 1v1, have a combo ready specifically for birds. You charge. They cast blast shot. They've just used their most powerful shot. They can try to debuff or root you. Plan accordingly.

Haha you reminded me of earlier today....Me and two other int mages were fighting together against some others and it was chaos cuz we were right be their spawning place...But we lost that big round...6-5....but we won the match altogether :)

Logan Johnson
07-23-2011, 04:55 PM
i am 55, name is hipnotiik, and im not saying the shield isnt awesome as it is, but im saying the downtime of not having it blows.

If you play world of warcraft, im suggesting the shield be more like the priest's Power Word: Shield rather than the mage's Mana Shield.