PDA

View Full Version : Death vs RR

Generalriggs
07-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Which set truly is better I've heard many opinions but never 4 sure so which one is truly better?

Arterra
07-23-2011, 02:40 PM
As always, depends on your level and playstyle.

From 50-55 I will forever use my death talon set, because I can pretty much lead the party as a death dealing mini-tank, when there is no proper bear/pally, and I can also solo with little fear of death.
However, once reaching 55, the immense crit that you get from raid roach makes it a essential com

Arterra
07-23-2011, 02:41 PM
... Component to a fast clearing team.

Ps: blame the mobile forum... Can't edIt as far as I see... Also screws up my writing.

Moogerfooger
07-23-2011, 02:48 PM
The search button is your friend ;) these should help you out, with all of the 50+ gear (these discuss the 50 and 55 sets, and some of the other gear that does not have set bonuses).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19819-Complete-Lv-55-Archer-Gear-List

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19725-Raid-Roach-vs.-Henchman-s-vs.-Sentinel-archer-gear-a-comparison

RR (or Custom, if you're filthy rich) are the best damage-dealing sets. Lower armor than a Sentinel Talon/Wing set obviously, but max damage output. As Arterra said, the Sentinel Talon set is an excellent well-rounded set, or even the Sentinel Shotgun set which many of us rolled to 55/56 with if you don't mind having lower armor than the Talon/Wing set

noobmigo
07-23-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm rolling void to 55, til switch to Drainers/Bagman's combo. Lol.

Moogerfooger
07-23-2011, 05:18 PM

Bagman's is similar to RR, just a little less damage and crit...but a fraction of the price :) Physiologic rolled with Bagman's, and no one would say he sucked, lol. Doesn't have a set bonus, but it works well...I tried Drainers's for a while, I didn't like the lower damage, but that high dodge helped out in PvP from what PvPers said.

nmyxspaceship
07-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Lol I feel ya brother:p

Arterra
07-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Lol the worse they curse at you the better you are doing xD

I would only suggest lv51 drainers and bagman mix if you are Into pvp. I'm not too much of a pvper but having bagman armor and hat and drainer bow worked for me at that level.
Just don't go pve with it meh. You want some m/s

Ephemeris
07-23-2011, 08:04 PM
As a 56 mage, I recently bought a Death Talon set. Why? Well, it's got a great balance of attributes -- including mana/second. I honestly bought it for fun initially, but I'm now liking it better than my MM. I hate having to constantly pot (which would certainly be a requirement as a caster wielding RR -- though I sacrifice some damage/crit for it). As was already mentioned, it really boils down to play style, though.

Fncrazy
07-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Death talon is a great set. Sold most of my str gear and just started tankin with death.

noobmigo
07-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Actually I think I'll roll a Void/Death mix till 55, then switch to Bagmans/Drainer's.

Good choice or no?

Arterra
07-24-2011, 01:53 PM
I think you should stick to a set instead of mixing, to get some added bonuses. Void does not have a talon set, but cyber does.

Otukura
07-24-2011, 01:57 PM
Actually I think I'll roll a Void/Death mix till 55, then switch to Bagmans/Drainer's.

Good choice or no?

Disgusting!! Just use the SB Void set(purple sombrero + red bird face = sick), cheaper and it's more effective, IMO. 170k total.

noobmigo
07-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Disgusting!! Just use the SB Void set(purple sombrero + red bird face = sick), cheaper and it's more effective, IMO. 170k total.

OK, thanks.
How much do wraith's sell for?

rsimone
07-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Sold my sentinels set a while ago (i will regret that forever) and now I use SK set and RR set (had all the recipes but sold them because at the time I didn't want to craft)

mostly SK in game just because of the regen. Rarely die and use very few pots. Once a while I mix it up with RR recurve and SK stuff, or the other way around just for fun.

Arterra
07-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Why won't the level cap come out already so I can nab some cheaper sewer stuff.