PDA

View Full Version : What class do you plan on choosing and why?

squishyoreos
07-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Just curious to see what everyones thoughts were and kindof get an idea of how popular/useful everyone thought each class was. Personally, for my first play through, im going to choose commando. I feel like its the best class for a solo PVE play through which is what I prefer.

ThisGuy0502
07-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Well since ive played the beta... i say engineer is the best for solo* pve

squishyoreos
07-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Why is that?

Lowlyspy
07-23-2011, 03:50 PM
The engineer's heals keep it alive to fight much better than commando or operative where you'll be guzzling pots once u get caught in a large group of mobs

Dosumn1978
07-23-2011, 04:00 PM
I have to agree my engineer is a beast...I do love operative damage though!

Register
07-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Im going commando IRL. Sup. Now let's talk about gun size.

What he said.

Otukura
07-23-2011, 04:40 PM
I already made an operative as my main, but if I could re pick, I'd go with an engineer. I don't want multiple capped characters with this game, just one.

CanonicalKoi
07-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Operative. Most bird-like and birds (and bird analogs) have cool. Everyone knows this. :rolleyes:

Thunderheart
07-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Well since ive played the beta... i say engineer is the best for solo* pve

Just curious - why would you want to play solo?

Otukura
07-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Just curious - why would you want to play solo?
Waaayyyy more gold + kills. :D

nazgulking
07-24-2011, 02:45 PM
I've been a support type in all the MMORPG I've played so I think my main will be the engineer. I will make also a commando and operative char. Since I've never liked the twink aspect of PL I will not do it in SL either. Furthermore, seems like hybrids won't step foot into the new game either, so less char to make actually, I'll stick to the three main :)

Raulur
07-24-2011, 06:49 PM
I'll probably play my engineer most because there are less of them and they are critical to have.

Phoenixking
07-24-2011, 07:13 PM
in order of what i will focus on are, operative will be my main as i am mostly someone who loves types of classes like that i love agile and powerful and an operative looks like a cool agile mode ninja then operative cause i love dots and hots and mots and stuff then my next one is commando cause it doesnt speak to me as much as the others and also because im not a fan of tanking

squishyoreos
07-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Waaayyyy more gold + kills. :D Exactly >:) plus I hate relying on others. They usually quit, do their own thing or have absolutely no idea what they are doing anyway.

Quientar
07-24-2011, 07:52 PM
engineer is my class of choice. more than worth it with their skills. no, they dont have more than one area effect, but it is still my favorite class regardless. and who knows what the last few skills are - we will just have to wait and see.

Vyse
07-24-2011, 08:05 PM
I currently have all 3 classes at level twenty. That being said, I would say engineer is my favorite, followed closely by commando. I love the engi's buff capability as well as the three heals. Commando is just a beast ;)

Mkcecil
07-24-2011, 09:06 PM
I'll probably play my engineer most because there are less of them and they are critical to have.

Most likely there will be large amounts of engineers when it comes out because everyone will think there arent going to be alot of engineers.my guess is commando will be the least played class.

Raulur
07-25-2011, 04:03 AM
Most likely there will be large amounts of engineers when it comes out because everyone will think there arent going to be alot of engineers.my guess is commando will be the least played class.

Until we have a boss that you have to kill in a fixed amount of time, that may be a good thing.

BodMaster
07-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Started out as a Com as i had always been a Bear mostly in PL. My Com is now beasty!! a force to be reckoned with! wouldnt change anything to do with him, Coms are also well equiped to handle bosses due to Tankin xD

That all said i also now have an Op which i did find cool in the way that it felt to move about more freely (the look got to go) and have just started an Engi which i find one of the best to play solo (lvln was easy as pie!!) love not wasting my stims pots n such!! :D

So it is really hard to make a decision as to which class is 'the best!'

Register
07-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Exactly >:) plus I hate relying on others. They usually quit, do their own thing or have absolutely no idea what they are doing anyway.

same! I never buy an elixer in PL unless im in an established remaking group or im soloing. If i go into a pug and buy a elixer, more then likely, either me or them will end up having to leave. Then my elixer gets wasted...So to solo is my safest way of ensuring the pots outcome :D

squishyoreos
07-25-2011, 11:02 AM
same! I never buy an elixer in PL unless im in an established remaking group or im soloing. If i go into a pug and buy a elixer, more then likely, either me or them will end up having to leave. Then my elixer gets wasted...So to solo is my safest way of ensuring the pots outcome :D
I didn't even think of that. It saves irl money too :)

Register
07-25-2011, 01:17 PM
I didn't even think of that. It saves irl money too :)

haha see! I dont buy elixers with plat atm tho...i plan on in SL tho! Im buying my first batch of plat sometime this week :D But i already know im spending 50 of it on a character upgrade on my commando.. But with limited gold, I hate even wasting 2k on a fail elixer. Lol i bought a damage pot yesterday to see if it would be good in ctk...it wasnt. I kept havin to use health pots....But the 7k one is good. My suggestion is to make it so that you could get 1.5 pots for longer time.

Pman3255
07-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Most likely engineer. Because I will pve more than pvp

Lillypink
07-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Hey ummm...pman can u teach me in pvp I uhhhh...sick at it :( I have 500 kills and 1100 deaths so can u teach me sometime? I have a lvl 51 mage a dex mage but I can use int aswell :) its named Lillypink :)

Honeypot
08-09-2011, 05:37 AM
I have all 3 classes at lvl 21. Commando is my favorite followed by operative.