PDA

View Full Version : OG Beta Guild

jjhiza
07-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Ok, guys, here's my thought... I have two characters, Ecuas (main and lvl 21 Op), and MegamanIX (soon to be lvl 21 Engi). Both are currently in a guild, but I was thinking of starting a guild, specifically for the SL Beta crew and their alts. I know a few of you have a main that runs a guild currently, and that's fine; I'm not trying to sway allegiances or anything... I just want to have a way to recognize everyone who has been active in making the Beta testing so much fun! Bottom line... if you have an alt (or main for that matter) that you would like recognized as part of the original beta generation, just leave a post with your IGN. I would seriously prefer alts, since that means you've already leveled a main to 21, but I won't split hairs. No dues will be required, and no requirements will have to be met... I want this to be a fun way to consolidate all the beta greats into one, unified faction, just for the fun of it. Of course, the STS rules and regs must be adhered to, but outside of that, it's all good. I will, more than likely, be creating the guild with my alt, Mega (the real one, lol), so if you see me in game, and haven't gotten an invite yet, just let me know. Once I get 20 positive responses to this thread, I will form the guild (still deciding on a name), and if anyone wants to make a website for the guild, please let me know! Once we go live, guild invites will stop, so be quick everyone! Thanks again to everyone in beta, who has made the SL experience a real pleasure!

MegamanIX- repping Sardaukar! :D

Edit: Instead of rewriting the entire OP, here's the deal; Ghost formed the guild, and we're up and running! If you see any of the listed officers in-game, and feel you should be a member, let us know. Also, please leave feedback on whether or not you would be supportive of giving UBG members small discounts on pinks and purples (gotta keep the OG crew properly outfitted now!) We are considering starting a website for the guild, where everyone will be able to post items for sale (running concurrently with in-game guild chat, etc). Not talking about 50% discounts here people, just a little something to keep all of us OG's (lol) ahead of the curve!

Current Members:

ROMGHOST - Guild Master (Rage of Mages)
ANI - Officer
AOCBOD - Officer (Assassins of Cascadia)
GREATSPY- Officer (Blackstar Militia)
MEGAMANIX- Officer (Sardaukar)
ROMASTINUS - Officer (Rage of Mages)
LONEUNICORN - Officer (Epic Spaceship)
USMCSGTSTEW - Officer
ELIMINATOR - Member (Serenity)
OGYOGURT - Member (Dopey's Den)

*if I have not included your guild affiliation, it's because I don't know it yet. I'll try to track everyone down, and get everything right though. Also, if I've incorrectly assigned your affiliation, just let me know, and I'll change it ASAP. Thanks again guys!

Quientar
07-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Ultimate Beta Guild

Ultimate Beta Guild is now open for sign-ups.

The purposes of this guild is for Beta testers of Star Legends to have a guild all their own unifying all beta guilds together and to represent the people who have helped refine Star Legends to the great game it is.
Thank you STS and Devs for making such a great game too.

We are not asking you to leave any of your other guilds, but if you have an alternate char you would like to have join, or want to make a character to join, please name your character to represent your main guild.

Please reply to this thread with the name of your alternate you would like to have included in this guild.

Lowlyspy
07-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Im already in the guild, my alts ign is greatspy and he represents my guild, Blackstar Militia

octavos
07-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Im ghost representative of rage of mages.

Acyer
07-23-2011, 09:25 PM
Same all my alts are used in the guild. Maybe shadow has a alt.

Teddyache
07-24-2011, 12:14 AM
I left my post as an officer of the "Jedi" guild after the guild leader left... but they were a very early beta guild that should be recognized somehow. If no one else claims it, maybe I'll make one more alt for this purpose. When does SL go live?

jjhiza
07-24-2011, 12:53 AM
Your guess is as good as mine on the release date...could be tomorrow, or it could be next month. As soon as Apple removes thumb from said a$$, we can go live...until then, we play the waiting game. In the meantime, UBG grows strong, recruits new members, and has fun doing so! One guild to rule them all! Lol.

<3 Mega ;)

BodMaster
07-24-2011, 07:53 AM
I will represent ghost as Co-Leader of AoC :D (Sure Cas will join when he hears about this)

Ign AoCBod! Excellent idea and can't believe how quick it was put in to action by Mega and Ghost! Great job xD

BodMaster
07-25-2011, 07:48 AM
AOCBOD - Officer (Assassins of Cydonia)

Mega AoC stands for (Assassins of Cascadia) :P

Acyer
07-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Unless I misread something I thought this was a guild for 1 alt of active guilds to show which guilds was in beta. Didn't think you guys would recruit are players then invite more.

jjhiza
07-25-2011, 10:26 AM
AOCBOD - Officer (Assassins of Cydonia)

Mega AoC stands for (Assassins of Cascadia) :P

Haha, I would blame the booze, but I can't, lol. Change made!

jjhiza
07-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Unless I misread something I thought this was a guild for 1 alt of active guilds to show which guilds was in beta. Didn't think you guys would recruit are players then invite more.

It was my intention to have as many members from the beta guilds as possible, but I guess we'll see what happens. We still need to finish the initial roster, by having at least one person from each guild, represented, so for the time being we do have to recruit a bit...

octavos
07-25-2011, 10:40 AM

This is for everyone, not just one from each guild. the first ones to add from there guild will became officers. We want people who join to be loyal to there main guild. This is essentially, to build trust and bonding in the BETA before actual release. :banana:

BodMaster
07-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Haha, I would blame the booze, but I can't, lol. Change made!

:O your sober?? Wow I think you just made history xD

jjhiza
07-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Hahaha! Not for too much longer though; I have the Yankees/Mariners game to go to today, so the sauce will flow once again, lol!

Cascade
07-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Mariners are my home team do you live by seattle mega?

Flowman
07-25-2011, 06:06 PM
This is for everyone, not just one from each guild. the first ones to add from there guild will became officers. We want people who join to be loyal to there main guild. This is essentially, to build trust and bonding in the BETA before actual release. :banana:
So once beta is done, recruiting is done?

Here's my view/criticism on this;

Its a good idea. Good way to create 'unity' or whatever you want to call it. However, since there really isn't much else to do besides level, a lot of people have all of their accounts to 20 or 21. Kind of eliminates the "alt" theory. Removing an alt from your current guild to join a guild of random people causes that person to be cut off from the guild chat of their main guild. This will cause them to decide between which guild chat they want to be more active in. Me for example; I like my operative...but I also like my engineer and my commando. If I put my commando in this new beta guild, and keep my other 2 in gears...odds are I'll rarely play my operative. Would be annoying to hop on my other accounts to see if anyone in my guild wants to do runs, then log on to my commando because the level I want to run benefits most from excessive use of commando-ness.

Probably confusing to read...all I'm saying is it's going to become a guild of peoples accounts they'll never play again, and it's taking away productivity of the main guilds.

jjhiza
07-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Mariners are my home team do you live by seattle mega?

I used to Cas...I was in Port Orchard when we got Griffey, so that tells you how long I've been a fan, lol. I'll be moving back to Seattle as soon as I'm done with school too!

octavos
07-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Well my friend, that can be the case as you view it. "However, since there really isn't much else to do besides level, a lot of people have all of their accounts to 20 or 21. Kind of eliminates the "alt" theory" Its not that. Im not part of gears of war, but i like its guild members.

Recruiting will stop is the rest agree (Officers decide amongst themselves). A vote so to speak.

Imagine this after beta (which was the vision of forming this guild Ultimate) how are we going to distinguish beta from non-beta? forums, lots of people in my guild are not in the forums.

I created a specific character to run this guild. while my main (Ghost) are running rage of mages. I cannot speak to gears of wars directly so an appointed member of a specific guild will speak for the rest of us. kind of like a ambassador so to speak.

Rom (I have an Idea) -> Ambassador (ex:OGYOGURT ) -> distributes info to your respective guild.
Benefits is only beta PVP, Beta Compititions, ect...

Yes chatting is nice, but its to keep info to only beta players faster insted of hopping on forums.

plus its secretive :)

Flowman
07-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Ok not to be rude, but I literally am not understanding much of your reply. Don't know if it's the spacing or if I'm just tired...but I'm not comprehending much. Don't bother going and trying to fix it, not worth your time.

jjhiza
07-25-2011, 11:43 PM
Ok, just to clarify guys... when I came up with the idea for the guild, in-game, and subsequently started this thread, my vision was to have as many representatives of the various guilds as possible...whoever wanted to join anyway. It wasn't meant to be anything super serious or anything...just those of us who chill on SL, and play together throughout the day, having a nice way to distinguish ourselves from the massive wave of guilds and players that we are bound to encounter once we go live. The most "serious" option I was considering, was petitioning members to give small (ex. 2%-5%) discounts off of items they won't use, to other members of the guild...that was it really. I really want to keep things light and fun (otherwise, what's the point?); I think things are being taken too seriously, to be honest... as I stated in the OP, the only way to keep the guild beta only, is to end recruiting once we go live. Those who want to join, can, and those who don't want to have that option as well...no big deal in my opinion...

Quientar
07-26-2011, 05:29 AM
i think requirements for membership in UBG should be:

1) Join on an alternate character
2) Main character must be a member of another guild from the beta testing period

Some of the rules of UBG should be:

1) Your main character's guild takes precedence in all things
2) UBG is for the beta guilds to communicate to each other
3) Help other UBG members if you are not tied up with anything in your main guild

This is just my 2 cents worth. let me know what you all think.

BodMaster
07-26-2011, 05:49 AM
I believed the same buddy.. im sure that was the original idea when us lot were thinking up ideas.

There would be no point if we were to recruit people after the Beta, as that was the whole point of UBG :D

BodMaster
07-26-2011, 06:13 AM
i think requirements for membership in UBG should be:

1) Join on an alternate character
2) Main character must be a member of another guild from the beta testing period

Some of the rules of UBG should be:

1) Your main character's guild takes precedence in all things
2) UBG is for the beta guilds to communicate to each other
3) Help other UBG members if you are not tied up with anything in your main guild

This is just my 2 cents worth. let me know what you all think.

Yes I agree with the above, except we should be able to add other players even if they have not got a Main Guild such as 'Ani' and some others if they want to join. The main dispute we have at the moment is if to add players to the guild after the Beta has finished.. I personally do not think that we should.

But I am just one! :P

octavos
07-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Yes I agree with the above, except we should be able to add other players even if they have not got a Main Guild such as 'Ani' and some others if they want to join. The main dispute we have at the moment is if to add players to the guild after the Beta has finished.. I personally do not think that we should.

I agree with, Bod, Q, And Mega.
This is supposed to be fun for our beta players. But yes No more recruiting after beta is over.

But...if beta is over, and we recognize a beta player that wants to join, I think we should make an exception. right?

BodMaster
07-26-2011, 10:19 AM
This is supposed to be fun for our beta players. But yes No more recruiting after beta is over.

But...if beta is over, and we recognize a beta player that wants to join, I think we should make an exception. right?

Yea you make a good point i think that would be possible, now that resolved lets get some fun runs in.. nearly finished work :D

jjhiza
07-26-2011, 11:42 AM

That works for me. My question is, do we have a full list of all the beta guilds? I know Cas has done a great job, outlining all the ones he knows about, but there are definitely others that haven't made the list. Also...do we really want EVERY beta guild to be represented (a serious question, not sarcasm)? I know of a couple that are full of members who flame others in-game, leech xp and drops off the end of other's runs, beg, etc. I'm certainly not going to blow up spots, here in public threads, but it may be a discussion for PM. Just wanted to put that out there, so all the current members can keep an eye out, and give a little feedback on the issue. Time for a few runs guys! See ya in-game!

octavos
07-27-2011, 09:15 AM
That works for me. My question is, do we have a full list of all the beta guilds? I know Cas has done a great job, outlining all the ones he knows about, but there are definitely others that haven't made the list. Also...do we really want EVERY beta guild to be represented (a serious question, not sarcasm)? I know of a couple that are full of members who flame others in-game, leech xp and drops off the end of other's runs, beg, etc. I'm certainly not going to blow up spots, here in public threads, but it may be a discussion for PM. Just wanted to put that out there, so all the current members can keep an eye out, and give a little feedback on the issue. Time for a few runs guys! See ya in-game!

I agree, if people want to represent there guild than the people who join UBG has to have good morals and standards. "I know of a couple that are full of members who flame others in-game, leech xp and drops off the end of other's runs, beg, booting members in non-locked games etc". We need to keep an eye out for good players, and nice people to represent there guild :)

**Edit** please update guild roster Mega, if you can. also Im Smoke now...not romghost :p

Whatyouwill
08-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi Dsy of RoM here,

First question: is it just one representative of each guild in this guild?

If not, second question: can my alt Rydrawong join?

=)

octavos
08-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Hi Dsy of RoM here,

First question: is it just one representative of each guild in this guild?

If not, second question: can my alt Rydrawong join?

=)

Theirs no limit from each guild. I sent a friend request (Smoke).
But only one member from each guild can be an officer.
Sorry dsy :(

Thenill
08-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Ok ill add my alt thenill to this guild
Ill rep star legends the guild as its gm

jjhiza
08-04-2011, 11:39 PM
A long overdue roster update coming tomorrow everyone! Sorry for the long delay.

octavos
08-05-2011, 09:23 AM
A long overdue roster update coming tomorrow everyone! Sorry for the long delay.

Its ok Mega we do got lives right :p
and thenill add smoke so I can add ya :)

Cahaun
08-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Good idea! I will join so I can see all the beta users alltogether. There will be alot of people once Apple finally says yes and lets STS release it on ios systems. I might have to use raasasa as my person to join, the other two are in koc.

octavos
08-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Good idea! I will join so I can see all the beta users alltogether. There will be alot of people once Apple finally says yes and lets STS release it on ios systems. I might have to use raasasa as my person to join, the other two are in koc.

Fantastic, Ultimate is more of a alliance between (BETA GUILDS Only). so yes Cahaun, add smoke and ill add you.

BodMaster
08-10-2011, 04:54 AM
We are still here!!! xD

Anyone seen Mega or Q? lately?

Thenill
08-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Friend thenill im jay that Is my alt ill join up been on from the first day.

octavos
08-10-2011, 10:08 AM
We are still here!!! xD

Anyone seen Mega or Q? lately?

EDIT! Now UBG is called KOTOR,...Contact me ingame
New Thread called Ultimate Beta Guild, http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?33864-Ultimate-Beta-Guild