PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Update | 4/28/16 | Underhul Elites, Level 51 Mythics, PvP tweaks

Justg
04-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Howdy folks.

Today’s publish is highlighted by the new Underhul Elite levels opening up, along with the availability of some serious new gear. We’re also taking another swing at PvP balance, tweaking some drop rates, and cleaning up some more bugs. Elite Runner Crates did not make it in to this week’s publish, they will come out next week.

Underhul Elites:

Are you ready for the ultimate challenge? We are releasing the most difficult content in the game today, the Underhul Elite Levels. Find out just what Jadis Gearloose can do when he is REALLY mad! These Elites will have a Jewel drop rate higher than anything you have seen in the past. We’re also populating the loot tables with Level 52-56 Legendary weapons, along with Level 51 Mythics. These will come in a variety of configurations, below is an example of three:

We’ve also added an Elite Token Vendor in Glintstone for you to spend those hard-earned coins on things like the ever-elusive Cryogem Mold and tradable sacks of Cryostar Coins:

PvP:

Our goal here is to create a strategic experience where team members collaborate with each other. With the PvE-driven underlying data, PvP is an unbalanced affair, with our highest DPS class leading the way with one-shots and rapid deaths. We’re going to experiment with slowing the mortality rate down a bit by nerfing damage of all classes (after all calculations) by 50%. Heals have also been reduced by 40%. Our hope is that this leads to more fun as you go toe-to-toe. We still have the Kill/ Death counters removed from the game, so please experiment with this set of data and let us know how it feels. We’ll keep tweaking it until we get it right!

Drop Rates:

A balanced economy requires a wide range of available items, including some uber-rare ones. Our latest introduction of the AntiGnome set has some components that are a bit too rare at the moment, so we are tweaking Belt, Helmet, and Armor Mold drop rates. The challenge here is not to swing too far in the other direction. Let us know how your farming goes!

PvE/ Bug Fixes:

We’re still committed to cleaning up bugs and tweaking the gameplay to your liking. Here are a few things that happened this week:

Fixed Rogue Mountain Man Vanity Helm (rogue winter 2015 hat)
Toor's Activated Ability spawned fissures now do their appropriate damage again
Hooked up timers for Rengol Elites

We have LOTS more on the horizon for you folks, including Goblin Event as well as a couple of new systems that will completely reinvigorate farming, crafting, and merching.

Please let us know how this week’s build is going, and what you would like to see more of in the comments section.

See ya in Arlor,

- g

Anyona
04-28-2016, 03:37 PM
Thank you for putting critical on the mage staff as they are currently highly dependant on critical in PvP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golem
04-28-2016, 03:37 PM
Nice nice lol

Quonabebi
04-28-2016, 03:38 PM
CoolStory!!

Saud
04-28-2016, 03:39 PM
whewwe
nice update, thanks

VROOMIGoRealFast
04-28-2016, 03:40 PM
Thank you for putting critical on the mage staff as they are currently highly dependant on critical in PvP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every weapon has a variant with crit, we are just showing off only 1 of the potential variants for each class.

Zulgath
04-28-2016, 03:40 PM
PLEASE add the lost mages mine timer back as its bugged atm

Anyona
04-28-2016, 03:41 PM
Every weapon has a variant with crit, we are just showing off only 1 of the potential variants for each class.

I see but once again, thank you [emoji1]

Repeat
04-28-2016, 03:43 PM
Awesome ty STG :)

Iove
04-28-2016, 03:44 PM
Hmm

Enviado de meu Moto X usando Tapatalk

bonjovi3223
04-28-2016, 03:46 PM
1. What about other gears....helm, armor etc. You only mentioned weapons here.
2. What was wrong with toor aa?

Hercules
04-28-2016, 03:47 PM
The proc of new mythic weapons lvl 51 is same that mythic weapons lvl 47??

VROOMIGoRealFast
04-28-2016, 03:50 PM
PLEASE add the lost mages mine timer back as its bugged atm

If you want to enter the Lost Mage's Mine in a timed mode, you have to first enter Arcanum Grounds in timed mode. Then once you zone into Lost Mage's Mine, it will have a timer!

Carapace
04-28-2016, 03:51 PM
1. What about other gears....helm, armor etc. You only mentioned weapons here.
2. What was wrong with toor aa?

It was dealing less damage than it should have after a series of unlreated nerfs went into earlier content (Shuyal, Nordr, Dead City, etc - this was many weeks ago)

Samcromok
04-28-2016, 03:57 PM
Nice..ty sts for put crit on mage weap...heheheee..:))

VROOMIGoRealFast
04-28-2016, 03:58 PM
The proc of new mythic weapons lvl 51 is same that mythic weapons lvl 47??

Based on community feedback we saw that the previous Mythic weapons didn't feel powerful enough and didn't get proper use. The new mythic weapons are sharing the same procs in order to give the procs a proper chance to shine!

Leeny
04-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Thanks STS! I'm excited for the new gear!

bonjovi3223
04-28-2016, 04:04 PM
It was dealing less damage than it should have after a series of unlreated nerfs went into earlier content (Shuyal, Nordr, Dead City, etc - this was many weeks ago)
Pheww....thx man. That is my best arcane pet.
What about other gears?

Zulgath
04-28-2016, 04:26 PM
If you want to enter the Lost Mage's Mine in a timed mode, you have to first enter Arcanum Grounds in timed mode. Then once you zone into Lost Mage's Mine, it will have a timer!
Not the elite one... The normal one
There is no timer button in normal maps, so we have no way to have the timer there

xmami
04-28-2016, 04:42 PM
Yo, these elites are super difficult. There's also an issue with the second map boss(I'll post a thread about it).

Sakurakixazz
04-28-2016, 04:43 PM
Hope set items doesn't drop too much then it's going to become toilet paper like recipe....keep it rare enough to have to work for it but not nonexistent...

Tetter
04-28-2016, 04:48 PM
Hugal constantly heals himself, intentional?

RYYUKK
04-28-2016, 05:00 PM
Hey devs there is a pretty cool bug at second elite boss, his healing a lot :)
try fix it pls?

Justg
04-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Hey devs there is a pretty cool bug at second elite boss, his healing a lot :)
try fix it pls?

OK, we think we found the bug. Verifying and bouncing.

Binlaggin
04-28-2016, 05:12 PM
This is the 3rd 2H war weapon, the 3rd dagger and 3rd mage staff in a row. Why?

Justg
04-28-2016, 05:13 PM
This is the 3rd 2H war weapon, the 3rd dagger and 3rd mage staff in a row. Why?

They were having a sale?

AortaeFTW
04-28-2016, 05:31 PM
waiting for myth belt glintforged and myth ring glintforged :)

or it never come?

Midievalmodel
04-28-2016, 05:32 PM
They were having a sale?

Haha. Best response I've seen in a while.

extrapayah
04-28-2016, 05:39 PM
i think the difficulty for the new elite [also all scaled up elite, shuyal, tindirin, rengol, + normal rengol] is too overwhelming, but then again that's what expected looking at how difficult the normal maps are, and then, there are also people who were asking for challenge and rarity...

anyway, really hope that you make antignome amulet tradeable, and separate chests drop table, and return number of cannon in gauntlet to 6

thank you

Ovacal
04-28-2016, 06:08 PM
More achievement points

Justg
04-28-2016, 06:09 PM
Hugal constantly heals himself, intentional?

This was a bug, it should be fixed now. Thanks for the quick help in finding it!

zerofort
04-28-2016, 06:11 PM
Wow you guys are doing great work:) I'm really excited about all the content you guys have been adding just want you guys at sts know I appreciate all your work you guys have been doiin:) great job guys!!!!

Repeat
04-28-2016, 06:18 PM
The new elites are tough but not that hard that I expected did them with guild party died a few times but I guess it's ok for first try. I like those maps they are really cool thank u STG but I was wondering that there is nothing really good like myth, arcanes or even set items in elite golden heretic chest?! Maybe I just didn't see it or I was too fast but usually there was always chance to real rare stuff at any elite golden... why not this time?

Gesendet von meinem ZTE Blade L2 mit Tapatalk

XxpuretankxX
04-28-2016, 06:18 PM
i love al but my problem is i don't see why alot of people have to suffer with the pvp balances because of the complaints of people being scared of rogues. I have been playing tank since pvp was released and still think that pvp was very balanced. Only place where classes arent balanced is endgame, where rogues one shot everything, i think for twinks pvp is insanely balanced, and i hate to see alot of people suffer because a non experienced player complains about the pvp balance.

Tetter
04-28-2016, 06:22 PM
This was a bug, it should be fixed now. Thanks for the quick help in finding it!

Thanks Gary, nice quick fix!

sevenpain
04-28-2016, 06:30 PM
Where can you loot the new mythic weapon??

Beoperson
04-28-2016, 06:54 PM
What do people who purchased the lvl 47 mythic weapons do....

Kingofninjas
04-28-2016, 07:07 PM
I loved how difficult the new elites were. It took me back to spending an hour attempting elite rendtail and over 100 ankhs failing to beat the planar tomb boss. It's great that people can't just breeze through maps anymore. Keep up the good work.

One thing I would love to see if all new content was the most effective way to level up in terms of XP gain to time spent. Normal difficulty. Running kraag tombs and watcher tombs can get mind numbingly boring.

Kakashis
04-28-2016, 07:48 PM
Haven't tried them yet but excited to!

Avaree
04-28-2016, 08:11 PM
i think the difficulty for the new elite [also all scaled up elite, shuyal, tindirin, rengol, + normal rengol] is too overwhelming, but then again that's what expected looking at how difficult the normal maps are, and then, there are also people who were asking for challenge and rarity...

anyway, really hope that you make antignome amulet tradeable, and separate chests drop table, and return number of cannon in gauntlet to 6

thank you

Breeze FTW and don't forget kelvin, three is a breeze on Jadis :)

To the devs, great job on the elite underhul maps, I enjoy the difficulty :)

ilhanna
04-28-2016, 09:18 PM
You didn't mention anything about other elite zone's difficulty, but I did cursory tests in elite Grotto, Ashral and Tindirin (Wilds and Trail). It seems the difficulty has been tweaked to approach what I would say the right balance, at least in Grotto and Ashral which are now soloable again (not breezily but not without getting me muted from frustration either). IMO Tindirin elite mobs still hit too hard for the third hardest in the game, with more one shots there than in Rengol. Dialing the difficulty a notch or two should fix that I think. I don't know if my observation is accurate, but being able to solo elite Ashral without having to spend a single ankh was nice. Thanks.

Sewer
04-28-2016, 11:43 PM
Cool !! STS ty roga vs mage= win mage, roga vs war= win war true !!!
Good balance in pvp

Отправлено с моего PowerFour через Tapatalk

Repeat
04-29-2016, 02:14 AM
Cool !! STS ty roga vs mage= win mage, roga vs war= win war true !!!
Good balance in pvp

Lol the pvp changes this week are not the result of a new balancing system it's just the opposite experiment of the one last week they do it to get data to give u ur balance :) so calm down and be happy about how much they care.

Gesendet von meinem ZTE Blade L2 mit Tapatalk

latoz
04-29-2016, 02:37 AM
Our goal here is to create a strategic experience where team members collaborate with each other. With the PvE-driven underlying data, PvP is an unbalanced affair, with our highest DPS class leading the way with one-shots and rapid deaths. We’re going to experiment with slowing the mortality rate down a bit by nerfing damage of all classes (after all calculations) by 50%. Heals have also been reduced by 40%. Our hope is that this leads to more fun as you go toe-to-toe. We still have the Kill/ Death counters removed from the game, so please experiment with this set of data and let us know how it feels. We’ll keep tweaking it until we get it right!

Hope K/D counter will return soon.
Im getting bored playing pvp w/o K/D.

Hasanul Rizki
04-29-2016, 02:49 AM
-_- ihope this good

Robhawk
04-29-2016, 04:35 AM
I just cant stand all those cry-babys " give me my KDR counter back" MIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMI! All you care for is that ******* KDR-counter, so obviously your are also the players that gang and play with no respect just because of ego problems with that "well look my KDR is beast although i don't have skills" !

Imho its time that STS does serious changes in terms of PVP...

SO STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR KDR COUNTER, NOBODY CARES ABOUT IT EXCEPT YOURSELF! INSTEAD YOU SHOULD HELP AND BE PART OF THE RE-BALANCE, YOU NABS!!!

Lordniel
04-29-2016, 07:54 AM
Wow thats good

Sfubi
04-29-2016, 09:39 AM
I just cant stand all those cry-babys " give me my KDR counter back" MIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMI! All you care for is that ******* KDR-counter, so obviously your are also the players that gang and play with no respect just because of ego problems with that "well look my KDR is beast although i don't have skills" !

Imho its time that STS does serious changes in terms of PVP...

SO STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR KDR COUNTER, NOBODY CARES ABOUT IT EXCEPT YOURSELF! INSTEAD YOU SHOULD HELP AND BE PART OF THE RE-BALANCE, YOU NABS!!!

someone needs a nap

Killamurk
04-29-2016, 02:34 PM
Can you tweak the drop rate of coins a tadbit.. Would make it worthwhile for pve. Also i was wondering can you add somewhere we could buy some coins with plat... I dont mind spending $$

Brouhaa
04-29-2016, 03:57 PM
Sts this pvp class balance is just ridiculous now and it's gone too far! It's not balanced at all! I totally agree with balancing classes in pvp but Tanks proc on arcane is sword is just stupid in pvp. fair enough if it's a good tank with top gear it's hard to win anyways Sometimes but with arcane sword it's practically impossible unless You can run away and avoid pools but even then it's practically impossible! When your constantly being killed by nabs with cheap gear but arcane sword when you have top gear yourself is beyond the point of outrageous. Now the proc ussue with arcane drag blades, it's useless in pvp, mages and tanks have really good and effective procs and rouges do absolutely nothing ? What's that about. Arcane drag blades proc is amazing for pve but that's all. I get that your doing all this to make the experience of pvp better but consider that mages and rouges ATM do not stand a chance because of the arcane sword proc. I'd like to see some difference in pvp if not nerfing arcane sword then do something decent for arcane blades and more for the mages proc to match up to arcane sword pools.
thanks for listening.

Kaziscate
04-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Based on community feedback we saw that the previous Mythic weapons didn't feel powerful enough and didn't get proper use. The new mythic weapons are sharing the same procs in order to give the procs a proper chance to shine!

I thought that the mythic weapons were uber-impressive. The staff sure is one hell of a weapon in PvE and I heard that the daggers are impressive as well. Idk about the maul,but that one seems interesting. :) Also I love how the lvl 51 versions are tradable this time since they definitely are worth farming and using. :)

Otahaanak
04-29-2016, 08:16 PM
Agree Brouhaa. PVP is more balanced but the sword proc is a game changer. The problem is that without it, i think tanks would have a tough time.

Got a chance to pvp vs in Blood beach with some known tanks tonight and it was fun, though I didn't win one, I did have them on a mana run anyway. :) The proc did me in every time.

IGN:
Drizzitty
Cryformana

leoakre
04-29-2016, 08:36 PM
Breeze FTW and don't forget kelvin, three is a breeze on Jadis :)

To the devs, great job on the elite underhul maps, I enjoy the difficulty :)

Breeze is pretty fun in the new elites alright xD

I too am appreciating the challenge although the challenge would be so much better with awesome loot!! Still have yet to see a Mold drop or even hear of anyone I know looting a Mold!!

Where's da Beef?!?

Robhawk
04-30-2016, 01:14 AM
I didn't know naps fixed personalities :/

What exactly is your problem? When you cant contribute anything else then nonesense feel free to just stfu!

Origin
04-30-2016, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the update. Am enjoying how you've got the gear etc set up in many simple layers. Feels like a game again. :) Many positive comments from my guildies as well. Love your work, keep it up!

Brouhaa
04-30-2016, 09:31 AM
Yeah they wouldn't last without it but it does need nerfing to give more balance in pvp with clashes and something really needs to be done about the rouge arcane blade proc it's beyond useless in pvp

csyui
04-30-2016, 04:48 PM
How long does it take to get all set pieces for an average player who play one hour on weekdays?

I thought those set items were supposed to help players handle high level elite maps, but it seems the time and effort to own those set items are even harder than elite maps themselves, let alone set items are lv52, not up to date ones.

Please reconsider the drop rate and the way to own those pieces. Otherwise by the time an ordinary player own the full set, there will be better items come the next day.

Also, does Lv51 mythic weapon only drop from elite underhul boss? Because I can't find any clue from elite chests or cryostar crates.

vitokapagetz
04-30-2016, 06:07 PM
I cannot use normal attacks when blade proc is active, please fix this soon thanks

vitokapagetz
04-30-2016, 06:20 PM
unable to use normal attacks when blade proc is active please fix it soon sts

thank you

Sewer
05-01-2016, 05:11 AM
Need add rough armor and damage, and fix arcane sword....shild mage its perfect, why kill warrior in 10k hp for low dmg rough??))

XxpuretankxX
05-01-2016, 02:15 PM
I am concerned about how the PvP balance efforts will affect Twinks.

Justg
05-01-2016, 02:50 PM
I am concerned about how the PvP balance efforts will affect Twinks.

Our plan is to get end game under control, and then work back to how PvP works with twinks.

Byron Oakley
05-02-2016, 07:05 AM
I don't usually comment on threads. But my comment today is regarding the new pvp.
So before i was sns mage with para eye set, and most of the time i fight solo and could hold my own against most. Now im a mage that runs out of mana and barely packs a hit and to top it off im sure you nerfed sns again as well as heal and mana regen. Ive never been more put off with pvp. So many ppl are getting over no kdr and this new pvp format.

Justg
05-02-2016, 07:57 AM
I don't usually comment on threads. But my comment today is regarding the new pvp.
So before i was sns mage with para eye set, and most of the time i fight solo and could hold my own against most. Now im a mage that runs out of mana and barely packs a hit and to top it off im sure you nerfed sns again as well as heal and mana regen. Ive never been more put off with pvp. So many ppl are getting over no kdr and this new pvp format.

What level are you playing PvP?

Justg
05-02-2016, 09:09 AM
Twink was very fine before this all armor nerf and all.

All levels? End game obviously had issues. How has end game pvp felt this last weekend?

Justg
05-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Cool, thanks for the specifics. We're trying to get endgame under control, then we'l work our way back through the twinks.

Byron Oakley
05-03-2016, 04:05 AM
23 mage. It was balanced but now i lose to nab tank n rogues and run out of mana. They made sns useless again.

Byron Oakley
05-03-2016, 04:12 AM
Look i understand that you are looking for ways to make pvp more fair. But in lvl 23 there is no 1 hit for rogues. Thats a endgame problem so i don't understand why you should nerf twinks also.
While we wait for the solution you should fix the mana regen. Cause atm i have 4 k mana and mana regen and my heal regens 4% mana back if that. You nerf heal... ok.. but i put skill points in mana regen for my heal and its not working. I shouldn't have to use nekro and not sns.

arcanesuperio
05-04-2016, 12:22 PM
Mages hard to kill in endgame as damage is low and they can keep constant healing in vs/duels.

arcanesuperio
05-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Warr stay alive very long even when 3 vs 1
Warr vs warr no result. Got tired

Pras Etyo
05-11-2016, 12:36 PM
Dear sts

When new map new all item...
How about gnome set ? Their function in new map only
How about glinstone set? Their fate At about 5 months .. when up level glinstone set no function again without up level likes uller level 26 be 36

Thank you n i am sorry before

•Kecupmesra•
05-12-2016, 12:06 AM
Nice update ^^

Vintje
05-12-2016, 08:24 AM
nice update hehe

Bluesparky
06-04-2016, 12:29 AM
51 mythics only drop from massive chests?? I could only see 47 mythics at glintstone coin vendor