https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5_WGmIPRs0

It's not.

You deserve a like lol XD

Rome
04-29-2016, 03:10 AM
R.i.p......... :p

bonjovi3223
04-29-2016, 06:22 AM
I haven't been able to get past map 1 yet. Pugs keeps dying & running off. Reminds me of Ursoth & Para :(.

supersyan
04-29-2016, 08:10 AM
I think current elites are not meant to be run with lvl 46 gear

Get antignome set
Farm elite?

Kakashis
04-29-2016, 09:41 AM
It took me 22minutes with a pretty op team for the last map. Wasn't incredibly hard but there were a lot of random unnecessary deaths. If the teams gets wiped on the last boss, he completely resets lol. Overall the elites are challenging, not meant to be solo'd and seems like the only guaranteed payoff are the cryostar coins. I'm not even sure the new underhul full set can save a rogue from certain one hits. We're dying in a whole different style. Either one hit or an hp drain that pots can't keep up. Arcane blades with dragon bite help quite a bit and warrior is a must.

I found that munch mouth really helps with the crit. You may still die, but at least the warrior can stay alive so you can ank through it.

KingMartin
04-29-2016, 10:15 AM
While the first map is doable for a skilled party, I think maps 2 and 3 are designed for gear that is yet to come. Remember Planar Tomb 3 when it was released? It was an ankh festival throughout the entire boss fight. Then pendant and Imbued came and better weapons and all of a sudden the run became a routine. No one wanted to run T2 with the ultrahard armor on the boss. We all farmed T3 which was impossible before.

So, I took the APs, but thanks, farming only the first map :)

Zeus
04-29-2016, 10:32 AM
They're not meant for solo, run with a good tank.

Kakashis
04-29-2016, 10:57 AM
They're not meant for solo, run with a good tank.

The days of Tank rogues are definitely over! Even a respec to full STR with 7500 HP can't survive these elites solo. Need to play your role in the game XD

Tatman
04-29-2016, 10:57 AM
While I agree these maps are obviously not meant for solo, at least not with our current gear, they also discourage pugs and pretty much all parties that don't have at least a couple op players.

extrapayah
04-29-2016, 06:47 PM
While I agree these maps are obviously not meant for solo, at least not with our current gear, they also discourage pugs and pretty much all parties that don't have at least a couple op players.

i think the root of the problem that discourage pug is scaling by party member, making running in pug increasing the risk of already high risk maps,
no one will be so eager to run in closed solo party if any additional member will help them without losing anything

Fyrce
04-29-2016, 06:54 PM
Bahahahahahahahah!!! That was my first experience, but you made it past first turn! I saw first beetle, it saw me. The end over and over :p L46 friend came in, saw me plastered again and left. Finally warrior friend came in and we got started. Lesson number 1: when wearing L46 gear, adopt a warrior :p And for first run throughs of elites, it wasnt bad. But hahahaha, solo rogue was not good. Lolol!

Tatman
04-30-2016, 08:59 AM
i think the root of the problem that discourage pug is scaling by party member, making running in pug increasing the risk of already high risk maps,
no one will be so eager to run in closed solo party if any additional member will help them without losing anything
I don't know, I used to run a lot of pugs in Tindirin and Planar Tombs. Events too. It was hard but doable and fun. More fun than solo for sure. I made a lot of friends this way, including you, if I remember correctly.

I haven't run pugs in a long time now. New content, new mechanics and a lot of other things keep discouraging this part of the game. I believe that's totally wrong. Right now you can't solo some maps and you can't pug, or you can but at an extreme cost. What are we supposed to do? Make all-maxed parties only?

Origin
04-30-2016, 09:13 AM
lol Darren xD Great to see u're in good spirits :p Personally I like how the new content's been done up in layers, you can see how it's going to come together quite nicely. They're defo gonna need a few tweaks here and there before it will be solo or casual pugging-friendly, but imo I think they've got the basic structure right. Feels like a game again, quite excited to see where this will lead.

Fyrce
04-30-2016, 10:32 AM
You can do a modified pug. Ive done that for a long time, even in other games. Take 1 friend who also knows what they doing. One of you enter map. Other joins. You are a pug but also 1/2 not a pug. Hehe.