PDA

View Full Version : upgrade force shield?

ThisGuy0502
07-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Ok so I was playing the other day... with a group of engineers... we were talking about the force shield and how it gives you good regen but it only last for let's say 4 seconds -.- (I have force shield at 6)...

Example: your getting attack and you want to put some extra armor on so you activate force shield but once you activate it its destroyed and your clue less of what happened...

Example: you activate your force shield before you step into some action... yeah of course its going to stay there for awhile since your not getting attack... but once you get hit by the enemys boom! Its gone and you only had it on for 10 sec -.-

So I was thinking to make it a little better and worth using, why not make force shield last the whole 30 sec.. or a somewhere around 30 sec???
It would be great, less deaths, plus u still get the regen from it, I garuntee more engnieers would be using this skill :)

I would like to see your say in this... am I wrong or should dev's consider my thoughts???

Flowman
07-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Agreed. While I think higher lvls make the shield last a little longer, it still gets demolished very quickly, making the armor bonus really not that beneficial. Increasing the threshold it can withstand or a set overall timer would be awesome.

Teddyache
07-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Hmmm, I think you have the choice on how to use it in terms of sitting around getting the mana regen or using the armor in a fight while it lasts, but it is acting as intended. I think what you are suggesting would make it too powerful...

Suggestion: If you want the regen, cast it and also revive and then don't go into a fight for 20 seconds while your mana grows, but you still get the shield benefit for up to 10 seconds. This is how I use it when I am soloing. I just hit 16 and respec'd to move points from this and wither into transference though. It really comes down to playing solo vs in a group, and I think it's more fun in a group, and some levels you have to have a group anyway.

Just my opinion in any case.

Aculeas
07-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Agreed, Increasing the damage threshold the shield can take seems like the wiser choice. As having a set overall time of 30 seconds could potentially give the engineer an advantage in pvp.

Arterra
07-24-2011, 01:59 PM
The shield is described as a defensive measure, but can barely stand ip to the weakest of foes.
Either make It a personal buff, where adding points adds m/s, or have it take more damage. Maybe a quarter value of your total mana? Makes gear that increases your mana more interesting.

ThisGuy0502
07-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Hmmm, I think you have the choice on how to use it in terms of sitting around getting the mana regen or using the armor in a fight while it lasts, but it is acting as intended. I think what you are suggesting would make it too powerful...

Suggestion: If you want the regen, cast it and also revive and then don't go into a fight for 20 seconds while your mana grows, but you still get the shield benefit for up to 10 seconds. This is how I use it when I am soloing. I just hit 16 and respec'd to move points from this and wither into transference though. It really comes down to playing solo vs in a group, and I think it's more fun in a group, and some levels you have to have a group anyway.

Just my opinion in any case.

I see what ou mean but as i sit there doing nothing it gets quite boring so i like to fight and get into action... and idk if im right but i believe that once your force shield is destroyed your regen points go back to normal, i dont think it stays when your shield is destroyed

EDIT: You guys are probably right, making force shield last the whole 30 sec will make engineers to powerful. Altho i do like the idea of, making force shield take in more damage. But i also like the idea of making it last untill a quarter of your mana is gone. Maybe put those two together, or just make it until a quarter of your mana goes down.

Arterra
07-24-2011, 03:11 PM
I didn't mean for it to eat your mana, I mean that the hp of your shield is calculated to be a quarter of your total mana when casted.
These are not PL mages, and it is not a mana shield.

ThisGuy0502
07-24-2011, 03:22 PM
I didn't mean for it to eat your mana, I mean that the hp of your shield is calculated to be a quarter of your total mana when casted.
These are not PL mages, and it is not a mana shield.

Oh thats what you ment :/ smart :p lolz.. that would atuall be pretty good but right now it wouldnt work cause average mana for an engineer in sl is like 290... and a 1/4 of that would be an average of 73 so idk... i mean i would be awesome when we get to the high 30's