PDA

View Full Version : New to PL and a couple of questions...

clockwise
07-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Hey Pocket Legends Community,

like a week ago I started to play PL on my Android device, got a lv28 Archer now and still got some questions.
I already read through the guides section and it helped alot but i still don't get how to make money. Real money.
I'm saving every bit to buy that Shivering Set when reaching Lv30 but i guess i won't be able to get like 50k or more in two more levels.
Buying Gold for Platinum is imho way! too expensive so this neither is a choice. There was also a guide explaining to farm that Skelly in Forest Haven but with no explanation why.

i also bought that sandstorm cave dungon addon (level 20-25 it says) and yeah - where can i get my platinum back? this is impossible for lv20-25 characters. i wanted to farm that for some Crystalline items to sell but this seemed a bad idea.

So.. any comments?!

Greetings

Clockwise

Zaltiar
07-24-2011, 11:08 AM
theres tons of other way to get money in pl, but the main ones are farming maps, merchanting, (you'll need a sufficient amount of gold before you can merchant, basically just buying low and selling high) etc.
you can check them out in the guides section here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?32-Player-Guides-Pocket-Legends)
When you are able to get to Ao2 (Alien Oasis 2), this would be the best place to farm for gold. plus you'll get tons of trash items you can liquidize for gold.
Or Ao3 with Physiologic's guide here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16049-In-Depth-Guide-to-Farming-Alien-Oasis-3-%28AO3%29-Victory-Lap!), if you're in urgent need of money, you can always buy it with platinum.
cheers

Redbridge
07-24-2011, 11:10 AM
firstly welcome and wicked name....

What shivering gear do you still need? add me in game (Redbridge)

Making money is a very broad topic.... basically it takes time and patience. Money isn't really 'needed' but more like desirable. The game is fully playable with normal drops, and money is easier to earn at higher levels. But the best way to earn money are to play, play and play some more... or... merchanting but you need to know your prices and watch the market a lot. Become an expert at one or two types of items and build a kitty...

i'm not sure you'll get a refund but you can try asking. email support[at]spacetimestudios.com replacing [at] with @.

Good luck and see you in game hopefully

Conradin
07-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Hello clock! welcome to the forums. The best way to Farm for items in Sandstone caves is with a good team. It also takes tactics to take down some of the bosses. To make money at low levels you ether have to sell every little drop you have and collect all the gold you loot, or get lucky and loot high priced rares. At higher lvls you will be able to farm gold easier. Anyways there are other items besides shivering pinks thst sre good. Try wearing maybe a purple leather from FN and a frost king bow for example. these will work fine until you can afford better gear.

BTW I may be able to help, how much do you have saved up so far?

clockwise
07-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Hey!

Now that replied where quick.. Seems like a nice community here.
I've saved up about 26k right now, and already got a nice cheap pink helmet.

My IGN is "Yyrden" btw, i'd give money and / or items back as soon i can efford my own of course.

Greetings! ;-)

simnar_
07-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Hey!

Now that replied where quick.. Seems like a nice community here.
I've saved up about 26k right now, and already got a nice cheap pink helmet.

My IGN is "Yyrden" btw, i'd give money and / or items back as soon i can efford my own of course.

Greetings! ;-)

sts is one of best and some of us play to impress

Conradin
07-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Ill get on in a minute to check and see what I Have in my stash. Please add Conradin

Fastcast
07-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Also pm FastCast ill give u 10k

Fastcast
07-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Sandstone is most likely the best way to collect pinks and gold at your lvl ill do some runs if interested

Dethwarior
07-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Welcome. I would suggest farming in the lost expedition until lvl 32 (trust me nothing good to equip between lvl 31 and 34) so save up that money and sell any useless pinks and purps then that shuld get atleast 1 of the weapons and possibly some armor. If not farm in swamps until u can go into ao and if u hav enough money then use it to finish the set. My opinion is that the only good items after 30 is probaly a pink gun. And I hav always used lvl 30 loadouts until about lvl 43. Good luck!!!

clockwise
07-24-2011, 03:54 PM
This forum rocks :)

I really appriciate you help, but Redbridge already gave me that Shivering Leather Armor and i could efford the bow myself.
So I don't need anymore money but ther're plenty people outside who would i guess :-)

I also wondered about how to check out the other available characters, like bear or elf. i don't want to buy another character slot and i also don't want to delete my bird, so is there any way?

Darkfader
07-24-2011, 05:01 PM

I really appriciate you help, but Redbridge already gave me that Shivering Leather Armor and i could efford the bow myself.
So I don't need anymore money but ther're plenty people outside who would i guess :-)

I also wondered about how to check out the other available characters, like bear or elf. i don't want to buy another character slot and i also don't want to delete my bird, so is there any way?

Well only way is buy another character slot or delete existing character.

ZeraJade
07-28-2011, 08:09 AM
^^ They said it all, so welcome :)

EyelessBear
07-28-2011, 03:22 PM

Well i guess you could register your account with an email address and make another email address to create and register another character?

Fyrce
07-28-2011, 06:16 PM
You can get free platinum! Go to the plat store (your menu, tap STORE), there's a link to FREE PLATINUM.
Usually you have to download an app and just open it. Sometimes you even find apps you like. To get like 5 plat shouldn't be too hard. Check this regularly to try new deals. It's a good way to try platinum items when you are new to the game.

Personally I enjoy gifting items and gold to people who seem like really nice players, such as yourself. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I hope you will accept such gifts are they are meant: as indications of appreciation.

Is your in game name clockwise?

aldoric
07-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Welcome to forums btw Clockwise.. what a sick name i should of though about that :P

clockwise
07-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey Guys ;)

I'm lv34 about now and it seems leveling goes really slowly now.
Maybe I'm getting it wrong but isn't farming the ancient swamps again and again the right way to level up in the mids of 30?
Any way doing it faster without using elexirs?

My Ingame-Name is "Yyrden" by the way. Wonder how people liking "Clockwise" that much - been using that for years :-)