PDA

View Full Version : Guild purpose and benefits?

YYZ????
07-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Hello, I am a total mmo noob with the exception of Pocket Legends. In anticipation of SL coming out soon can someone help explain the functionality and benefits of being in a guild? Is is just a friend list that is categorized as being in a guild? Do you have separate "lobbies" where only guild members access? Any other info that would help explain would be appreciated.
Thanks!

p.s. Coming soon to SL, YYZoper, YYZengr, YYZcomm

Survivorfan
07-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Yes, you are correct. There is a guild house and the highest guild tier gets you discounts on elixirs and stim and power packs (i think). They will also be implemented into PL when the new expansion comes out.

Quientar
07-24-2011, 09:00 PM
The basic guild house is a place for ppl in the guild to meet. level 2 guild house gives discounts on stims (pots). level 3 (highest currently) gives you discounts on enhancers (elixers). Guilds have a seperate chat where you can talk to all guild members regardless of where they are in game. Guild rooms also have a built in stash terminal.

Guilds are where ppl can ask for help from other like-minded people, who have someone to help them with questions or whatever. and a tie to something in game.

Guilds are very well worth belonging to, for the group chat and assistance alone. the discounts are a pure bonus. Star Legends is designed as a group play environment as opposed to pocket legends solo play style (or mostly solo).

YYZ????
07-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the responses. Based on what you explained I am looking forward to it.

AOmonsta
07-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Yea the guild chat is a very useful tool and with guilds come possible guild battles? Haha.

Quientar
07-24-2011, 09:29 PM
probably guild vs guild in pvp and ctf

AOmonsta
07-24-2011, 09:39 PM
probably guild vs guild in pvp and ctf

Well I'm hoping for Halo 2 style clan battles.

Dosumn1978
07-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Hopefully the devs will add a friend function for guildmates and when they are online.

davidis57
07-24-2011, 10:24 PM
The basic guild house is a place for ppl in the guild to meet. level 2 guild house gives discounts on stims (pots). level 3 (highest currently) gives you discounts on enhancers (elixers). Guilds have a seperate chat where you can talk to all guild members regardless of where they are in game. Guild rooms also have a built in stash terminal.

Guilds are where ppl can ask for help from other like-minded people, who have someone to help them with questions or whatever. and a tie to something in game.

Guilds are very well worth belonging to, for the group chat and assistance alone. the discounts are a pure bonus. Star Legends is designed as a group play environment as opposed to pocket legends solo play style (or mostly solo).

PL is not designed as a solo game either. People solo but they are missing out from benefits of grouping.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20

skavenger216
07-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Reasons why guilds are amazing:

If you have a question, being able to ask a large group without fear of ridicule or "OMG seriously lern th gaMe noOb" pm's

Instead of just hosting a game and hoping ppl join, just asking in guild chat for a hand with whatever level/boss/quest and watching the game fill with guildies in mere seconds

Asking in guild chat if anyone has a spare (insert item here) they can sell, and seeing "(insert player here) has given you: (your item)" pop up in the middle of the screen.

Nights where I have almost passed out from laughing so hard at our conversations in guild chat.

Seeing the friendships build between guildies over time.

I could go on forever, guilds are seriously that amazing to me.

Ebalere
07-24-2011, 11:28 PM
^this.^

Cascade
07-25-2011, 12:25 AM
The post above the post above me

BodMaster
07-25-2011, 05:40 AM
Awsome job Skavenger!! Agree 100% :D

Hopefully the devs will add a friend function for guildmates and when they are online.

That would be a good feature but using /g o works fine for me also.. :)

Torrentula81
08-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Is the stash for everyone to use. If so I would like to have a log like wow does of who is taking and putting in. Otherwise you dont kow who is ransacking it. A system of who has access would be needed as well

Quientar
08-05-2011, 04:38 PM
stash in the guild houses is still individual stashes. just a duplicate terminal as to what is in blackstar

Elementron
11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
A guild is a guild. It has tier halls. And it has people. And guild chat. That's all.