PDA

View Full Version : Game Level Stats?

Silentreaper
06-11-2010, 01:09 PM
I had this idea and im not sure if anything has been suggested like this or not but i thought it might be cool for at the end of each level that a is completed above where the "continue" and "exit" buttons are there would be a small chart. Displayed on the chart would be each players name, kills(while in that level), total damage dealt, total damage blocked, total health restored(this would also include what an enchantress heals on party members), and such like that. I think this would help determine who is a worthy player. It might also help with the guilds feature later on by helping us recruit the "good" players, not just some1 that buys the best gear and says they are good. Might be a nice addition for the upcoming leader boards also. I think this would kinda be a small version of a leader board but it would only calculate the level completed and players that are still there once it's completed. What do you guys think? Sound interesting?

Elfche
06-11-2010, 01:10 PM
that would go nicely with the "achievements/leader board" thing they are planning to do

Sayishere
06-11-2010, 01:41 PM
i would say this is a good idea but no.

it will just make things about numbers rather than actually having fun, mmos which had these charts just made people care less about the objective and worry about how much damage they have done compared to someone else

Silentreaper
06-11-2010, 01:49 PM
i would say this is a good idea but no.

it will just make things about numbers rather than actually having fun, mmos which had these charts just made people care less about the objective and worry about how much damage they have done compared to someone else

Well, the idea is not just to have it for the "dmg" dealers. Its also to see if the healer and tanks are doing what they need to be doing. I mean it will probably even help quite a bit with gearing up don't u think? If i go into a level with the same team as a tank with 2 different armors, and lets say one of them i end up blocking like 5k more damage than the other. As a tank, I'm going to wana use the one that blocks the most, because that's my role in the party. Same goes for if one is a healer. If they heal more via casts/regen they add to players with a different armor, it would help to build the best teams and equipment sets having those numbers thrown at us.

I understand where you are coming from but if people really will take it into great notice and lose focus then they are truely noobs. I'm wanting it as a way to gauge each other and help others find the right sets of gear. Not to do this "brag" like thing and see if i can git the most damage in the group. The team will be made of different classes anyways, which we all know that a tank does not do as much damage as an archer. Soloely given they will be the blockers, archers the dmg dealers, ench the healers.

Rebel
06-11-2010, 01:54 PM
I for one think that this would be a good idea. It would add a little bit more to try and achieve in dungeons. Also, what's so wrong with people working towards doing the most damage? It would definitely help in completig dungeons A LOT faster :)

bmc85uk
06-13-2010, 01:24 AM
I like the idea of having stats parses, it does add a competititve edge but not enough to ever ruin a game for me, sometimes you just gotta bow to superior players with better equip :-)

overall I think it's really nice to be able to quantify things, I'd love to know my personal best and having that information there might give people something to strive for :)