PDA

View Full Version : Warrior help needed please.....

greegs
07-25-2011, 03:24 AM
I am fairly new to the game and mmorpg's in general.

I have a lvl 30 warrior, my stats are

str 143
dex 32
int 1
hit% 80
crit 9
dodge 9
damage 83-103
dps 93

my buttons are

rage 6
stomp 6
super mega slash 6
both other slashes at 5

nothing else mapped, i have a pink wepon, helmet and armour but am unsure of the best way to play the bear, i was looking at a dex bear?

i think i just need some dumbed down advice.....thank you

Zaltiar
07-25-2011, 03:27 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19729-Short-General-Guide-on-Ursan-Stat-Skills
scroll down for a build for dex bears.

greegs
07-25-2011, 03:29 AM
thanks -is that the way to go? any advice?

greegs
07-25-2011, 03:32 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19729-Short-General-Guide-on-Ursan-Stat-Skills
scroll down for a build for dex bears.

i had a look at this, but i had a lvl 55 bear tell me to spec my skills as i have mentioned and cant really afford to respec - what aould you do?

any advice from any players??

Tamino
07-25-2011, 04:45 AM
If you don't want to respec, I suggest you to add all your future stat points in DEX, at least until you reach lev 45. This will give you more Damage and Hit%, that are the most lacking secondary attibutes for bears. Between 45 and 50 you should add some points to STR (not less than 11, better 15) to be able to wear lev 50 pinks easily.
I cannot suggest you to become a DEX bear or a dual DEX/STR, even if this is more flexible and fun, because I consider it an advanced build and could be complicated as first character, and sometimes it requires a respec (My first bear became dual spec at 51, and achieved a stable stat config after two respec).

Skills: you lack main skills required for being an effective bear. The bears main task in a group is crowd control: your goal is to catch the mobs attention (diverting it from your team), group mobs together, stun them. The same with boss: take attention (the aggro), pin it on the wall, keep it stunned. Mages have a lot of skills for quick dispatching hords of enemies, birds can take down bosses from distance in a while, if only a good bear is able to properly tank them.

You should grow ASAP Beckon and learn to master it alone and together with Stomp: everyone recognizes a good bear from its beckon usage. Main concept is to beckon mobs against a wall, move one step toward corridor center and stomp enemies toward the wall again; there are a lot of guides about but, remember, nothing is better than practice. Start immediately !

<edit> Found at least one useful link</edit>

For taking aggro while avoiding to suffer damage: put one stat point in Taunt (add one later), put other points in Evade: bears are masters of evasion, at top level less of an half of effective shots will reach you. You need also points in Hell scream (stuns enemies, reduces their capacity to do damage) and Crushing blow (reduce enemies damage and their capacity to avoid hits). But probably you already added too many point to the three Slashes for achieving all; probably it will require a respec, but you can face it later.

Have a nice time ! And don't be worried to post any further question you have !

Ellyidol
07-25-2011, 05:26 AM
For a quick gameplay video, I have an end-game bear video on the guide in my sig.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20533-Baelfort-Sewers-Bear-Play-Guide-(with-screenshots).