PDA

View Full Version : L51 FlameForged Daggers Review

Zeus
05-02-2016, 11:36 AM
Hello all,

I would like to compare the new Flameforged daggers!

First off, these daggers have a slight glitch. They say when proc'd, one will not be allowed to use skills but it also disables auto attack. Auto attack should not be disabled.

Moving on from that, these daggers proc lasts for about 3.5 seconds with a heavy DoT of 1000+ per tick. This was done in elite glintstones map. The tick speed of the DoT was every .5 seconds. There did not seem to be any limitation in the number of targets. There is also a 75% damage reduction for all incoming damage. It is strong enough to prevent any boss or mob one hit.

The attack speed of the daggers is significantly faster than the Dragon Hunter daggers. The Flameforged daggers attack at about 1.5x the rate of dragon Hunter daggers.

Damage:
When compared to similarly but not exactly same gemmed Dragon Hunter Daggers, the Flameforged blades had 46 attack damage more and a whopping 167 skill damage more than the Dragon Hunter Daggers.

Overall, these daggers were a joy to use. My only complaint would be the lack of auto attack...that is a glitch and should be brought back.

Zeazimeh
05-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Umm but doesn't the proc give 75% damage reduction which is enough for survivability?
Comparing to the dot of same kind weapons of different class, flameforged staff has dot of max 200 per tick.. So i think no attack is justified for1k dmg per tick.. Or maybe enable auto attack but reduce dot dmg per tick :)

Zeus
05-02-2016, 11:47 AM
Is proc worth to give up on arcane dagger proc? i dont think so considering underhul elites mobs require stun

From what I've noticed, yes it is. It made mob clearing significantly faster for me. It will be even faster once the bug is ironed out and one can attack with auto attacks.

@Zea
Yes they do, I should add that in there. It's enough to withstand any one hit from glint mobs or boss. It also procs about 2x per pull.

Zeus
05-02-2016, 12:30 PM
So without stun proc how are other normal people survive from underhul elite mobs 1 hits? well it could be faster, and could be effective on other maps i have no objection on it. The problem is the utility. This proc does not give any advantage over stun proc + armor reduction.

Again, these were tested in underhul elites. They beat dragon daggers in terms of mob clearing. That's not to say an entire party should be using them, but 1-2 dragon daggers is enough while the other rogue can be these daggers.