PDA

View Full Version : Is it really necessary to turn off PVP kill/death counter during testing?

epicrrr
05-03-2016, 01:01 AM
Well, there seems to be lack of interest on PVP (low level 13-14-15) atm the reason being thousand of pvp stats possibly added during the testing, bash me all you want (low-level pvp hater you know who you are) we do play endgame and such fully geared too but you know our hearts lie in low lvl pvps :)

Hail
05-03-2016, 02:22 AM
Yeah I always find pvp empty, no matter what level. Even at 46 I struggle finding a decent room thats not a group of 3/4 people preying on 1/2 alone

intizamfamily888
05-03-2016, 02:32 AM
Yea twinking is a main reason why i still play AL. Regarding to your point: I personally think its unnecessary because we can handle this, but for newbies and for low-mid-geared players i think it's different, because it can surely destroy their kdr. Not everybody can afford the best, so we shouldn't remove their ability to have fun.

Sorry for my grammar since im not an english nor american citizen[emoji4]

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

nightmaresmoke
05-03-2016, 04:16 AM
Sts wants to take data and fine tweak pvp that's why kdr counter is off they wanna fix and balance pvp so turning off the kdr is a valid reason, if you don't to like pvp atm then don't simple answer.

Lawpvp
05-03-2016, 08:33 AM
I still play twink for help this test out. But all these lazyass players who cares KDr only ( including dummies :) ) don't help lol. More players online at pvp, more data and it will end faster! Think logically.
Tbh dummy farmers are bored tho haha. Didn't saw many of em online since test started. And yes I'm talk about 13-17

In theory i agree with sts plan entirely. But as the testing has progressed pvp has become less and less active. Ive played pvp everyday since testing start and i really dont care if my kills are being counted but for the sake of rekindling interest in pvp i think kdrs should come back. Whats the point of removing kdrs for testing if fewer and fewer people will partake in testing as a result

Ticklish
05-03-2016, 08:48 AM
People talk about pvp balance and yet when STS does something about it, they complain about being bored. Tests will not reveal true data if nobody plays anymore. Of course kdr has to be turned off because changes are so drastic. Sigh. I hope none of these people who don't help out with testing turn to complaining on forums when the pvp changes are made based on data gathered.

epicrrr
05-03-2016, 08:50 AM
In theory i agree with sts plan entirely. But as the testing has progressed pvp has become less and less active. Ive played pvp everyday since testing start and i really dont care if my kills are being counted but for the sake of rekindling interest in pvp i think kdrs should come back. Whats the point of removing kdrs for testing if fewer and fewer people will partake in testing as a result

yeah, wouldve been nice if the counter stayed they'd have more raw and "naturally" flowing data o well wish em luck i guess :)

Redjellydonut
05-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Kdr was turned off to keep people from fearing a negative kdr during the testing. Since the changes were so drastic they did not want people to be afraid to play. The testing should not talk much longer since it already has been days since it started... Be patient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eugene9707
05-03-2016, 10:04 AM
well ... kdr is turned off so when they do something and one class become op (for example when rogue get their full dmg back), it doesn't discourage other class from playing because their K/D will be ruined.

For example, when the damage modification removal announcement was made, some of my mage friends say that they will stay away from pvp, because they know that they will get killed/farmed by rogues.

Lawpvp
05-03-2016, 02:46 PM
This just goes to prove endgame PvP is more than all twink brackets combined :)

I can't believe ralnab and elonab haven't made a field day of this post yet?

Endgame as in lvl 55-56 which has less pvp players than lvl 46-47 alone.

Manuel Emilio
05-03-2016, 04:57 PM
I still in PvP, it's cool now, no gang, no dummies, no problems with "flag and I kill you", I play in lvl 13-17, I died a lot of times and kill a lot of players, the KDR isn't the only thing in PvP, enjoy the fight, no only the results.

Enviado desde mi B1-730 mediante Tapatalk

Bluesparky
05-03-2016, 10:26 PM
Yeah I always find pvp empty, no matter what level. Even at 46 I struggle finding a decent room thats not a group of 3/4 people preying on 1/2 alone

OFF the topic :boxing:

xd ur signature 150820

Winter is coming. "TURN US AWAY AND WE WILL BURN YOU FIRST"
-DAENERYS TARGARYEN

Cant wait for May 8th Episode.

Schnitzel
05-03-2016, 10:57 PM
dunno about anyone else, but I like the idea of no kdr counters.
Makes PvP much more enjoyable (I'm a PvE player), no bad numbers to care about,
just a fun match between friends.