PDA

View Full Version : Crown of persistence - Which one? str, int or dex for a mage?

Fairy
07-26-2011, 04:43 AM
Crown of persistence - Which one? str, int or dex for a mage?

I gonna hit lvl 56 today. And I'm not sure which crown I should take.
I'm a Mage (173 int/105 dex/rest str).
I'm thinking of taking the str crown for more survivability.
Which crown did you choose? And are you happy with that?
Or is the crown just a vanity item?

btw... I know that the crown will break the set bonus, plzzz... we dont need to talk about that.

I would be glad, if I get a fast answer from you.

see you in game, guys! ;)

Mia

IGN: Miafee

Moogerfooger
07-26-2011, 05:14 AM
I haven't heard of mages using a Str crown, but I have seen several pick the dex crown for the added hit and crit (and 6 h/s). You already have mana shield and healing abilities, so I think that is why they picked the dex crown ;)

TANKKAAR
07-26-2011, 05:40 AM
I agree with Mooger, the first crown I choose was the Dex crown IMO it offers the greatest benifits and is the most versitile crown of them all :-) and I know you said not to mention it but if u are going to lose set bonus u might aswell make up for it with added hit% and crit...lol

sun light
07-26-2011, 06:29 AM
btw guys, is there a point to increas the hit above 100%? cos i think she is got 100 with that dex stats

Moogerfooger
07-26-2011, 06:40 AM
Not really, but the added crit will certainly be helpful, probably more than +12 armor. If one is a hybrid Int/Dex mage it is usually because they want some extra damage for their mage....so if that is the case here, then the crit from the dex crown would be super handy.

Fairy
07-26-2011, 09:37 AM
hi guys, thanks for your reply so far. :)

friedkimchi
07-27-2011, 03:36 AM
Do you already have an existing set? Like Megamage/Enchanted set?

If so, you can choose any.

If not, I would recommend getting the STR crown and using it with sewer queen robes plus wand/staff of your choice. Cheap and effective.

xBearSpiritx
07-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Dex crown = win.

AbsolutePally
07-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Chances are you won't even use the crown. I am a pally and I got the dex crown. Ive tried it to boost my hit % and crit w fury armor shield amd sword. The lose of reg, dodge, and armor were mot worth the gain in hit %
Mm and enchanted are great for mages as is. With your build I guarantee you would love enchanted wand bracer set. With a dodge and armor ring you will essentislly be a tank. 7% dodge maybe 8 w ring and 200+ armor w 40 h/s buffed will increase your survivorability.

ECHUSER
08-01-2011, 09:15 AM
i hate the fact that i loose my sparkles when i put this on. i went with the int crown for the +9 armor. it should come in handy when the level cap is raised and i'm grinding to 61.