PDA

View Full Version : PvP

Aftermath
07-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Right now, this is the element of the game I dislike right now. I'll probably get flamed for this, judging from previous game forums. Bear with me. No pun.

What I think is the problem:
Purely not fair. PvP favours the people with much better equipment and is in my opinion not based on skill (although skill is still needed to be good at pvp). Its rather whether you are a paying player, or an experienced player's dupe with loads of equipment bought from the high level account. This makes the majority of us (experience fitting for level and not paying) almost impossible to compete. I've seen people of the same level three-four hit others of the same level, like myself. Not very fun at all.

My solution
Make pvp with even-ground rules. What I mean is this: instead of having an instant drop, each player gets a choice before entering a game of a pool of weapons, rings, helmets etc, as well as an amount of skill points to spend. The pool would be the same for all players in the specific battle, and include equal amounts of equipment for each class. The items and amount of skill points could be either randomized or decided by host, or fixed for a specific level area. All the equipment would not be permanent, and everything can go back as before once the player leaves the arena.

Why I think its a good idea
It makes pvp completely skill based, assuming individual classes are not overpowered/underopwered. This is not only the skills of actually fighting people, but also of creating effective builds for your character and assigning effective skill points.

It also allows high level players to play with lower levels, since higher levels would not have the advantages of better armor/would/stats anymore. This creates a feasible challenge for lower levels, and also allow them to collect advice from higher levels.

It would put more variety in the game. If you ever wondered what it would be like to play a different version of your character (int bird, str mage etc), you can do so.

It will also allow nonpaying players to get a taste of using paid items like rings, and persuade then to actually spend money to play all the other aspects of the game. This is good for devs, obv. Much like the excellent idea of the devs about the free elixer.

Okay, so thats it. Hit me with all your "newf*g" 's, "you noob" 's and "tl;Dr" 's. On the other hand, actually provide some feedback. I.e. Tell me if there are some gaping holes in the rules.

Register
07-26-2011, 10:24 AM
PvP does take skill. Not as much at lower levels especially when most people have the same build. And certain classes are def. over/under powered. Have you seen a level 12 warbird with 2k+ kills? How 'bout a dex bear? Prob yes to the dex bear. I usaually pretty decent gold bought gear that can beat others but I have had people with WORSE GEAR THAN ME own me completely. Rings dont make the entire fight ya know! Its only a few extra points in armor/crit/hit/damage...

Unrelated, I like how you put it into sections! Makes it easier to read! :)

cuard
07-26-2011, 11:09 AM
I do not agree.... no this is a bad idea

WhoIsThis
07-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Strongly disagree on this one.

Equipment does not make as big a difference as it seems. Take for example Bagmans and Raid Roach. True, Raid Roach is superior, but not by much. Pinks are a lot of money for marginally better performance. It's mainly the placebo effect that makes the big difference. There are also cheap equipment that is in some ways superior, such as Drainers, which offers superior survivability, at the expense of damage output.

It is however a problem when beginners join in - they won't do well at first. Most will quit, and many will hide their PvP stats. Then again, becoming a competent PvP player requires persistence. If you're not willing to spend the time to farm for top end pink-equipment, well frankly, you deserve to be at a disadvantage (although as I said, it's marginal - pinks aren't that much better). Similarly, if you're not willing to spend hundreds of hours perfecting your PvP skills, well, you're not going to be an experienced PvP player.

I don't get what you're saying about "high" level and "low" level. You aren't going to have fights where a level 20 is up against a level 56. Games are restricted by category - level cap, which anybody 48+ can join (although I recommend at least being 51 plus before joining) and the various twink levels.

There is plenty of skill needing. Kiting, knowing which combos to use, when to engage, what to do in specific situations - I'd say there's much more skill involved than in PvE. It's because your opponent is another human - intelligent and with a character that rivals yours in overall capability.

noobmigo
07-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Sorry, horrid.
It would crush economy.
It would be STUPID. Why should you have same items without earning them?
PvP is the main generator of plat. Probably. Who knows how much time people spend respeccing, or buying plat, and earning gold JUST to get the good equipment.
I'd say no.

My two cents.

BTW, tl;dr. ;)

Aftermath
07-26-2011, 11:48 AM
I dunno how to quote in the phone app, so here it goes:
@register: I have no idea what a warbird is, is it a regular bird? Devs bears are almost always people's second accounts, especially low level devs bears. These people mostly load gear into these bears from higher accounts, which results in the 2k kills. As for gear, could you please tell me what gear that person had that beat you? Also cud you tell me what 'gold bought gear' you mention that is pretty good. Thanks.

@cuard: that was exactly the sort of response I was expecting. Luckily, some people like Register can formulate proper reasoning.

noobmigo
07-26-2011, 11:57 AM
I dunno how to quote in the phone app, so here it goes:
@register: I have no idea what a warbird is, is it a regular bird? Devs bears are almost always people's second accounts, especially low level devs bears. These people mostly load gear into these bears from higher accounts, which results in the 2k kills. As for gear, could you please tell me what gear that person had that beat you? Also cud you tell me what 'gold bought gear' you mention that is pretty good. Thanks.

@cuard: that was exactly the sort of response I was expecting. Luckily, some people like Register can formulate proper reasoning.

ONE:@register: I have no idea what a warbird is, is it a regular bird? Devs bears are almost always people's second accounts, especially low level devs bears. These people mostly load gear into these bears from higher accounts, which results in the 2k kills. As for gear, could you please tell me what gear that person had that beat you? Also cud you tell me what 'gold bought gear' you mention that is pretty good. Thanks.
OK, I agree, D-Bears are OP. But WTF! Why would you buy ANYTHING for twinking when you could just go to a PvP match and choose an Artisan's and also have the other person have an Artisan's? It makes NO SENSE. A compromise of your idea would be to be able to LOAN items for a certain amount of gold per day.

cuard
07-26-2011, 12:01 PM
after math i dont have time to type sentaces since u make up stupid ideas and ask how to play the game in threads
the question was stupid so it got a stupid answer im done with ur noobish ways. and dont make more pittiful threads like this. im done.

noobmigo
07-26-2011, 12:02 PM
after math i dont have time to type sentaces since u make up stupid ideas and ask how to play the game in threads
the question was stupid so it got a stupid answer im done with ur noobish ways. and dont make more pittiful threads like this. im done.

The question was not stupid, it was CORRECT, Aftermath nailed it.. PvP is unbalanced, whether you like it or not.

The IDEA was kind of stupid, but you can grow off of it.

Aftermath
07-26-2011, 12:05 PM
@whoisthis: I don't mean anything about high level vs low level. Please quote were you think I meant that.
I am by no means a high level player. Im not close to the lvl 50s, and I dont think many people only up to AO1 would count grinding as a priority. If at that level I should be grinding for gear, then I wont touch pvp until another 14 levels.
I still dont understand why you sisters with my idea. Skill is still very much in pvp (i never said there was NO skill in pvp), my idea just makes it a level playing ground for all. If items matter as little as you say, surely taking away that advantage wont hurt?

Aftermath
07-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Cuard: oh, so this forum is not newb friendly? I like your warmth towards less experienced players. Thanks for admitting your answer is stupid. You have yet to tell me why my suggestion (i repeat, suggestion) is stupid.

noobmigo
07-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Cuard: oh, so this forum is not newb friendly? I like your warmth towards less experienced players. Thanks for admitting your answer is stupid. You have yet to tell me why my suggestion (i repeat, suggestion) is stupid.

Hello? Hello?

Please reply to my post, plawx? I've got to see your logic in this, so we can see eye-to-eye.

WhoIsThis
07-26-2011, 12:13 PM
@whoisthis: I don't mean anything about high level vs low level. Please quote were you think I meant that.
I am by no means a high level player. Im not close to the lvl 50s, and I dont think many people only up to AO1 would count grinding as a priority. If at that level I should be grinding for gear, then I wont touch pvp until another 14 levels.
I still dont understand why you sisters with my idea. Skill is still very much in pvp (i never said there was NO skill in pvp), my idea just makes it a level playing ground for all. If items matter as little as you say, surely taking away that advantage wont hurt?

Judging by your post, you're in twink warfare.

You do realize that most of the top end twinkers do not have just one character. What they do have are many alts, usually at least one high level that makes money. There's a reason why the level 30 Vyxnaar helm and similar top end items command such a premium, despite offering often only a marginal advantage. People are willing to pay, to farm, and to grind for them. They go for every advantage.

I get the overwhelming impression, and I don't mean to offend you, that you want something for nothing. People who twink have often spent hundreds of plat in respecs, hundreds of thousands in equipment, and have thousands of kills. If you want to beat them, you're going to have to put similar effort in. What you're calling for is a system where they are getting nothing for their efforts under the guise that it is "level". (In practice, it already is relatively level; skill, not equipment or builds will be the decisive factor in most cases). What incentives then would their be to twink for thousands of kills if your system was implemented?

Aftermath
07-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Noobigo: not definitely the same gear as a the enemy, but you choose from the same pool of items. Aside from that, how does fighting with the same items make 'no sense'? Wouldnt taking out the factor of equipment make it skill alone? (remember that I am not proposing taking out items, there would be a POOL of them to choose from.)

noobmigo
07-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Judging by your post, you're in twink warfare.

You do realize that most of the top end twinkers do not have just one character. What they do have are many alts, usually at least one high level that makes money. There's a reason why the level 30 Vyxnaar helm and similar top end items command such a premium, despite offering often only a marginal advantage. People are willing to pay, to farm, and to grind for them. They go for every advantage.

I get the overwhelming impression, and I don't mean to offend you, that you want something for nothing. People who twink have often spent hundreds of plat in respecs, hundreds of thousands in equipment, and have thousands of kills. If you want to beat them, you're going to have to put similar effort in. What you're calling for is a system where they are getting nothing for their efforts under the guise that it is "level". (In practice, it already is relatively level; skill, not equipment or builds will be the decisive factor in most cases). What incentives then would their be to twink?

My thoughts exactly, thanks for wording it well, because I didn't. ;)

WhoIsThis
07-26-2011, 12:19 PM
It also allows high level players to play with lower levels, since higher levels would not have the advantages of better armor/would/stats anymore. This creates a feasible challenge for lower levels, and also allow them to collect advice from higher levels.

It would put more variety in the game. If you ever wondered what it would be like to play a different version of your character (int bird, str mage etc), you can do so.

The first line is the "high level", "low level" that you asked me to quote.

Reading this again, I find this post heavily contradictory. How does this increase variety? You are calling for restrictions on builds and equipment. This will decrease variety.

Aftermath
07-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Whoisthis: I see your point. If thats the way the devs designed the game, fine. I'm no longer country touch pvp, just like the majority of people in the game. This twinking was actually exactly what I wanted to stop, so that pvp would be fair. If its part of the game, I accept that.
Noobmigo: I answered posts based on this priority chart:

Good comments ---> attempt to shut down the troll/idiot ----> other

Aftermath
07-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Whoisthis: by that I meant that high level players could play with low levels, since they cant right now.

Also, Im not calling for restrictions outright, im calling for restrictions per game. Each game could hav different equipment. The other reason for increased variation I mentioned in your quote.

noobmigo
07-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Whoisthis: I see your point. If thats the way the devs designed the game, fine. I'm no longer country touch pvp, just like the majority of people in the game. This twinking was actually exactly what I wanted to stop, so that pvp would be fair. If its part of the game, I accept that.
Noobmigo: I answered posts based on this priority chart:

Good comments ---> attempt to shut down the troll/idiot ----> other

Twinking is what you wanted to stop? Huh...actually, twinking is more "level" than high level PvP, if that's what you're suggesting.

noobmigo
07-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Whoisthis: by that I meant that high level players could play with low levels, since they cant right now.

Also, Im not calling for restrictions outright, im calling for restrictions per game. Each game could hav different equipment. The other reason for increased variation I mentioned in your quote.

There is no variation in this.

Everyone would be using the same thing, the same items.
At least in twinking we have a choice of whether to go Expert or Artisan. Lol.

WhoIsThis
07-26-2011, 12:35 PM

That is entirely your decision. My goal was not to discourage you from PvPing, but I re-emphasize that if you are not willing to put in as much, if not more effort in PvP than PvE (because it is "harder" as your opponent is another human with a character that rivals yours, versus a lot of weak opponents and a boss or two per level in PvE), then you are not going to do well in PvP. I consider myself to be a be bad at PvP. (I know there are a few people who would disagree with me on that). I have spent over 5 million gold in equipment for my mage at the level cap. I have tried dozens of combinations of equipment, and combos. At the end of the day, I'm still a noob at pvp. And I have nobody to blame but myself. I know though that if I persist, I will likely get better. In some 1v1 encounters with leaderboard players, I have managed to come out victorious in fights. (I often play CTF where 1v1 encounters, depending on the map are not uncommon). As mentioned before, I consider my skills less than satisfactory.

What I'm saying is, PvP is a sort of a commitment. There's the perception I think that because this is a "casual" game played on a phone that you can be outstanding without lots of practice. In reality, this game has lots of depth and demands lots of practice. PvP in that sense is not radically different than say, a multiplayer FPS game on a PC. It's fast paced, very unforgiving towards mistakes (of which I've made many), and requires constant practice. The PvE component is more casual, but you can usually tell who is an outstanding player and who isn't. Getting tens or hundreds of thousands of PvE kills really does impact how you play and your skills.

If you ever reconsider and want help in PvP, you'd best ask HerWolf for help. HerWolf is the twink expert.

Edit:
Noobmigo has already addressed the other points. PvP is restricted by level for a reason. People should play with similar levels for fairness reasons. Level 56s should not be up against level 30s. This was mentioned before. This is not desired for a reason. Balance. People create twinks for a reason. If you like twink warfare, but want a level cap char, level your main to the cap or near the cap and create an alt.

Aftermath
07-26-2011, 12:36 PM
And if the gear pool has neither of the equipment you mentioned? Sorry if I didnt make this clear: the pool wouldnt be very big per game. However, it would be completely different game to game.

noobmigo
07-26-2011, 12:38 PM
And if the gear pool has neither of the equipment you mentioned? Sorry if I didnt make this clear: the pool wouldnt be very big per game. However, it would be completely different game to game.

If the gear pool had none of the equipment I mentioned, the PvPers would ALL CHOOSE THE BEST ITEMS IN THE ARENA, THE SAME ITEMS. Did I not make that clear in one of my posts?

noobmigo
07-26-2011, 12:44 PM
I've thought this through again, and again. Another compromise would be to just invent another whole set for PvP, that you couldn't use in PvE.
Or maybe the items would be nerfed/upgraded automatically when you hit a PvP game.

So when you entered a PvP game, a Fury Fighters Plate would have more armor, less dodge. when you left, the stats would be reverted back to original.
I think.

Aftermath
07-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Whoisthis: I guess I just wanted to make the game fair for the people who did not invest so much time in the game, so they can play with others of similar experience.

Aftermath
07-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Noobmigo: sure, thats another idea. And what if items were balanced in the item pool, using, say, your own proposal to nerf some equipment?

noobmigo
07-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Noobmigo: sure, thats another idea. And what if items were balanced in the item pool, using, say, your own proposal to need some equipment?

What? My own proposal to need some equipment? Reword that please? I don't understand, sorry.

Aftermath
07-26-2011, 12:49 PM
My phone has annoying autocorrect. Im getting rid of it now. The hazard.

WhoIsThis
07-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Whoisthis: I guess I just wanted to make the game fair for the people who did not invest so much time in the game, so they can play with others of similar experience.

I don't buy that argument. How is it fair that a person who has very little time invested in the game has equal skills to a person that has spent thousands of hours playing? People who spend lots of time at something are going to be better at it, just like everything else in life. What I see is a person that wants to be good at PvP - an admirable goal. But it will take time, plat, and practice. Unwilling to spend that time, you seem more keen on blaming the system, game mechanics, and experienced players. All of these have flaws, but for the most part is meritocratic.

@Noobmigo:

Despite its flaws, I think that the current system of allowing all equipment in both PvE and PvP is probably the best compromise. The only thing that I would advocate banning is the Founder's Helm, which makes little difference at the level cap, but at low level twinking can be unbalancing.

Aftermath
07-26-2011, 01:00 PM
But that person who spent more time has an advantage not only in experience. Its similar to playing an fps with someone not only better than you at the game, but also has double health.
If all item unfairness was neutralized, then the people that have experience would still win most the time. Just like in every rts ever, in dota, in halo. Wont be replying no more, its past my bed time.

WhoIsThis
07-26-2011, 01:05 PM
But that person who spent more time has an advantage not only in experience. Its similar to playing an fps with someone not only better than you at the game, but also has double health.
If all item unfairness was neutralized, then the people that have experience would still win most the time. Just like in every rts ever, in dota, in halo.

You don't get double health from pinks. I sound like parrot, but pinks only offer a slight advantage. This is not an RTS game like Starcraft. In an RTS, you have a headquarters, depending on the RTS, worker units. Get resources, build up a base, conquer the enemy. Completely different. This is an RPG and you have equipment. Equipment does make a difference, but you don't need top-end pinks to do well.

Pinks also gives people something to aspire to in PvE - collection of the sets. The other reason is that it encourages PvP players to play PvE and not PvP exclusively. They need the sets or money for the sets. They have advantage and they should, otherwise pinks would not be valuable. How do you propose the economy of PL would run?

Despite everything, this thread has reinforced my opinion that the current system is better than any equipment restricting system.

cuard
07-26-2011, 01:12 PM
after math yes this fourms helps but not newbs like you who make half a dozen threads with stupid questoins. and think the know everything i answerd ur last thread helping you so just shudddup aiight?

WhoIsThis
07-26-2011, 01:37 PM
after math yes this fourms helps but not newbs like you who make half a dozen threads with stupid questoins. and think the know everything i answerd ur last thread helping you so just shudddup aiight?

Lets try to keep this polite.

@Aftermath:

I do have question for you. What are you going to do from here? This is the part where you take responsibility. Either you make the commitment or you don't, in which case you won't excel at PvP. You're not going to get something for nothing. At level cap, birds are can be incredibly lethal opponents, so it's not your character or anything like that. It is not the fault of game mechanics, for a system which, while it has flaws, is largely meritocratic.

The only person that is responsible is you. You deserve all of the blame and praise. You are not going to become Xrax or Lone (both are now gone, but they were the best birds around) without effort. So from here, I exit this thread with this. You can either keep blaming others (experienced players) for your own failures, or you can accept responsibility.

Register
07-26-2011, 01:58 PM

This forum has no place for that kind of talk. If you decide to hate on aftermath, then dont even come to this thread.

Aftermath, I see your point and pvp is kinda unbalanced but everybody WOULD choose the same gear. Also, warbirds are birds who use str weapons. But sometimes the fun of pvping is seeing that odd build that owns everybody. I would hate to see everybody use the same gear! If you think you have a disadvantage in pvp because of gear, then either:

1. Get better gear

OR

2. Get more skill

You said yourself that skill is needed to excell in pvp and you can always get more ya know. If you get more skill, you wont lose all the time. Changing the entire system would be a terrible idea just because some people have more gold and can afford the best equipment. A better solution is for characters to balance pvp by getting more skill.

Ellyidol
07-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi Aftermath!

Don't need to worry, like you said, this was a suggestion - some people are just not as enthusiastic to change.

Anyway, it sounds like you had a bad experience coming into the PvP world. Sounds to me like you came across a couple of seasoned dex bears with Rage 6 that ended up few-shotting you, just a guess.

But I have to disagree with the suggestion. Like WhoIsThis has said, gear doesn't give THAT much of an edge. Yes it does give an advantage, but gear alone doesn't tip the match between a win/lose.

What you're suggesting really sounds like an FPS, like CounterStrike. Before every match, everyone gets to buy stuff. Weapons, armors, accessories, etc. And yes, CS is almost a 90% game of skill, but putting two equally skilled players against each other, that's where gear comes in.

Of course, if you are completely new to PvP and you come across even a "noob" in PvP but had extremely good gear (making the gear-gap between both of you really huge), then gear alone could win that fight. That's the thing, PL is an mmoRPG, and in all the RPGs I've played, gear is always a huge factor in the game. Being able to build up wealth for gear is an essential part of making any RPG, moreover, MMORPG work.

In relation to what nmigo said, I agree. Twink PvP, although as new as I am, seems more like the appropriate PvP rather than end-game. I have very strong opinions on end-game PvP, but doesn't belong in this thread.

WhoIsThis said it exactly right, I too suggest to spend more time learning and experiencing PvP - it is definitely different in this game. Also, I suggest levelling to cap (currently 56, 61 soon) then testing out PvP at end-game. I've always thought it was better to play through the entire game and learn your character fully before passing judgement or opinion in twinking.

Trust me, end game PvP is very very different from twinking. A lot less gear reliant since STS has offered more variety of gear from the different rarities instead of pink-only gear. Hopefully you'll be willing to try it out once you reach cap ;)

Aftermath
07-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Replying to each person in one post is difficult on phone, so I apologize in advance for multiple posts.
Cuard: I'm not sure what you mean by this forum is for helping but not for newbs (I've played a decent amount, although no where bloody near most people here, but I'm not completely clueless). I need some confirmation for this one. Is this really the case? New players are not welcome in this forum? I need a person of significantly greater brain capacity to answer this.

Also, last time I checked (five minutes ago), I have not made half a dozen threads, or is your definition of half a dozen equivalent to two? If so, throw out your dictionary. Now.

As for your stupid threads comment, I am sure everybody will agree that my inquiry of the dragged-back function in the game was not stupid. This thread may be stupid in some peoples eyes, but this goes back to my newbs question, are newbs welcome or not?

Lastly, I'm not sure of this is an elaborate troll attempt, you see mentally incapable, or if you are foreign to the English language, but your grammar, punctuation and spelling could really use some work.

Aftermath
07-27-2011, 07:30 AM
I meant "or are you" in the previous comment

Whoisthis: I did not say pinks give double health, I was merely drawing a comparison. As for what I am going to do from now: I am not touching pvp until (maybe) I become a level 56 and start end-game pvp or twink. As you said, this game is different to the other games, as you mentioned. I don't like pvp because of this, so I won't be surprised if I never touch it. I recently read the excellent archer guide by psychologic (I think that's he's name) and I found that he doesn't like pvp either, although for what reason I don't know. Either way, I found it a boost in morale for me, albeit a cheap one. :p

Aftermath
07-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Hi ellyidol!

Also @ register:
What I wanted was for pvp to be completely fair, and skilled based only. The item pool may have gaping holes, but I see no other solution, hence my drive to getting advice from others.

As I see it, there is just no point in playing at all against a twinking opponent. I have never seen anybody beat one without it being many against one. I wanted the entire player base to be able to play pvp with some hope of winning, not getting completely nailed. This was another part of my suggestion: skill points would be reset in pvp too,so others could try out more effective pvp builds too, without having to spend money of repeated respecs. This way, others could try out the 'rage 6' that was mentioned.

Then again, as I mentioned in my other post, twinking is part of the game, I accept that, there is nothing I can do about it.

LADYHADASSA
07-27-2011, 08:53 AM
I can see where entry lvl pvp players would run into frusturation, and yes indeed to commit to pvp one has to spend money in many respects u less they are fortunate enough to have another player who knows builds give them a build.

However... Two players can have the exact same gear, attributes and skills and have one player "own" anither over and again. Pvp does require skill learning timing is somthing that takes time, and practice.

If I where to suggest anything for new pvp players I would suggest a map or maby two be added for new players, somehow, incorperating a kill cap, that would send graduated players to the main spine maps. Perhapse one that allows "teachers" to hoast 1v1 games to new pvp players without having to lock a room that keeps unknown players out of the maps.

For now I suggest new pvp players contact other pvp players for a locked room tutorial and pointers. Many will help, though i would not expect them to give out their builds, but suggestions on basic builds are offered here in the forums.

WhoIsThis
07-28-2011, 08:17 PM
I meant "or are you" in the previous comment

Whoisthis: I did not say pinks give double health, I was merely drawing a comparison. As for what I am going to do from now: I am not touching pvp until (maybe) I become a level 56 and start end-game pvp or twink. As you said, this game is different to the other games, as you mentioned. I don't like pvp because of this, so I won't be surprised if I never touch it. I recently read the excellent archer guide by psychologic (I think that's he's name) and I found that he doesn't like pvp either, although for what reason I don't know. Either way, I found it a boost in morale for me, albeit a cheap one. :p

As a close friend of Physiologic, I can tell you that the main reason that he dislikes PvP is because he had some bad experiences in PvP and finds many of the PvPers what is fond of calling "immature". It is true that a lot of people in PvP are people who well, lets just say you probably wouldn't want to meet in real life. Twink warfare, especially around level 30-35 is the worst for insults, cursing, etc. (On an unrelated note, I gave up on twink warfare for that reason. Level cap is more mature, although there are still people who will insult you or use underhanded tactics.) The other reason is that he thinks of PL as a PvE-optimized game, not a PvP one.

I do have one other question for you - do you expect to excel and beat players who have played for hundreds of hours in multiplayer the first time you start multiplayer in any game? When I started PvP on my mage, I lost pretty much every 1v1 that I fought in. It was only after I got a couple of dozen deaths that I began to understand proper tactics.

Slush
07-29-2011, 03:54 AM

This forum has no place for trolls.
OP:Like attackelf said, being on the same playing field as someone with hundreds of hours of experience as opposed to your, say, 5 hours of play is unfair. The biggest factor of pvp IMO isn't builds or equipment, but skill and execution.