PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to fix the AL economy?

gatzoo5505
05-04-2016, 12:06 PM
We've been told by the devs they're intentionally keeping the drop rate of the antignome set rare to stimutate the economy. I'm actually fine with the drop rate but it's getting increasingly frustrating when u r losing gold to farm for these items. I'm referring to the pots, ankhs, luck elix, and time wasted farming these items.

I made over 200 runs of the new maps and have only 2 gold chests and 2 purples that sold for a total of 200k to show for my efforts. Unless u scored a mold or parts of the antignome set u r essentially wasting gold n time.

The other problem is everything gets devalued so quickly nowadays. The mold is already down to 2m, probably less than 1m in a week. Map 2 n 3 is so underfarmed cuz it's deemed too hard for the masses.

Anyone with any idea how we can straighten this mess out?

Thanks.

thekragle
05-04-2016, 12:56 PM
I agree that far less are running these maps at launch than Glinstone caverns and especially maps 2-3 because of the difficulty level and cost vs reward ratio. I think though that as more and more players reach cap and more
lvl 56 items are released we will be better equipped to run all of the maps. Hopefully this is a somewhat short adjustment period. What we need is more participation running the maps, not better loot drops. I like them somewhat rare :) - It keeps things interesting.

Saud
05-04-2016, 01:24 PM
don't increase
look how many molds in auc
and think how many have and didn't sell
u see a lot of mold cuz ppl run map 1 more than jadis and Hugal
ik it's frustrating, but its rare
it seem u haven't farmed arena recipe

Lolifee
05-04-2016, 02:02 PM
i guess it was a smart move to introduce a pve only set, this way gold heretic chest price stays high and you can farm stuff. ppl who are rich spending giving poor ppl money, and the reward is PvE only. I defnetly like the idea as a poor player ^^
second thing are the cry crates which contain less loot than the previous ones. this makes items rare.

gatzoo5505
05-04-2016, 02:12 PM
I'm not asking to increase the drop rate of the antignome set but when I only have 2 gold chests to show for my 200+ runs it's depressing. Maybe they can introduce a higher tier jewelry drop from bosses or something to make me feel less of a lemon.

Dynimite
05-04-2016, 05:18 PM
gatzoo you are a lemon unfortunately.. lol

eugene9707
05-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Well.... Economy is always dependent on supply and demand..
IF they increase the drop rate of the chest (such that you get more) then the value of them will decrease as well, as there are more supply.

There's really no easy fix on this... If you want it to sell high, then it has to be rare, or else there will be lots of under cutting and price will drop.

Ps. Why are you using luck kit? Imo, just lep+arlor ring is sufficient. As it will only turn 2000 runs into 1750 runs (as in it helps, but not significant)

Redjellydonut
05-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Only thing that will fix the economy in a heartbeat will be another cake event lol. It literally made everything go up in cs overnight and everyone who knew about about the way to make gold had a couple millions in their inventory after a day or two. Unfortunately that wasnt me hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

konafez
05-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Only thing that will fix the economy in a heartbeat will be another cake event lol. It literally made everything go up in cs overnight and everyone who knew about about the way to make gold had a couple millions in their inventory after a day or two. Unfortunately that wasnt me hahaha

And you know I support any cake event ideas! Viva la cake!

gatzoo5505
05-05-2016, 11:43 AM

I meant a sustainable idea not a 1 time exploit cuz thats wat it waa.

Betheren
05-07-2016, 02:28 AM
I meant a sustainable idea not a 1 time exploit cuz thats wat it waa.

It could be an annual or bi-annual event. After that event the economy surged due to more gold in circulation. I really started playing the game because of that event (since I made 3 mil from it).

kinzmet
05-07-2016, 05:28 AM
200 runs? Wouldn't that be exagerating? :)
I just made 5 runs and got 3golds and 2purp chest and I'm not even trying.

gatzoo5505
05-07-2016, 07:53 AM
200 runs? Wouldn't that be exagerating? :)
I just made 5 runs and got 3golds and 2purp chest and I'm not even trying.

I wish that was an exaggeration, Im currently sitting on 230ish glint coins all farmed. While u might think that I could've gotten multiple coins in a single run which I have. I also have made runs w/of looting a single coin.

So far I've received 5 gold heretic chests from my 200+ runs as of today. I dunno how to justify it besides to say it's a complete waste of time.

gatzoo5505
05-07-2016, 07:59 AM
It could be an annual or bi-annual event. After that event the economy surged due to more gold in circulation. I really started playing the game because of that event (since I made 3 mil from it).

The exploit I'm referring to is when someone would create multiple characters log them on at the same time, pt them together, open a medium cake and every character would received 5k gold. Rinse and repeat and u'll made millions in no time. Even sts admitted to the mistake and they eventually patched it.

Betheren
05-07-2016, 02:01 PM
The exploit I'm referring to is when someone would create multiple characters log them on at the same time, pt them together, open a medium cake and every character would received 5k gold. Rinse and repeat and u'll made millions in no time. Even sts admitted to the mistake and they eventually patched it.

Well cakes were selling for about 14.5-15k each on auction during event. The only profit would be buying it lower (essentially merching). It gave new players a chance to make millions (like me) by crafting cakes the whole time!

Hellsunk
06-06-2016, 07:35 AM
If elites where easier more lower geared toons would be farming it so the drop rate could stay low and the guys with money will just pay for it.