PDA

View Full Version : All Beware Scams!!! Must Read This!!!

Coltona
07-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Ok so yesterday I was hanging out in balefrot selling items, when this guy approached me and said he wanted to buy the Golem Doll I had equipped, of course I wasn't going to sell it, but before I could say so he tells me something I just start laughing at. Here's a pic of the conversation:
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k594/coltongadkins/e64288d5.jpg

Of course I know what he's going to try, and I know it's impossible, but I just have to ask Seriously? to some of these people who think they're so smart that they try to scam others out of their items. People like this seriously make me mad, I didn't report him unfortunately, but maybe if one of the devs reads this he'll get what he needs to straighten him out.

Zaltiar
07-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Ah thats the same person that tried to scam me as well haha, I reported him a while back.

TANKKAAR
07-26-2011, 11:30 AM
I was on one of my lvl21 SC farmers last night and was approached by a lvl52 mage (name will not be mentioned because he has been reported) who started to ask me if I wanted to upgrade my armor (I'm equipped with FULL lvl21 dreamers Cryst SET) I know at lvl 25 SC gear isn't the best in the world but for a lvl 21 its the creme of the crop. So I asked him what he ment and he asked the same question "do you wanna upgrade your armor?" I was still confused so I traded with him and said to show me..... he showed me a presto gem and then began to tell me this long story about to upgrade armor you must be lvl 50 to craft it and how he's just trying to help me ect ect ect...... long story short is I played along out of amusment and also to see if he was actually scamming or just a noob. Turns out he was scamming so I reported and then unfortionatly when I went to get screen shots PL force closed.

Everyone be warned (again) these people will do anything to not actually play the game... so much to the point I'm suprised they even have enough motivation to turn the game on and spend all that time trying to scam when if they actually were to PLAY they would have everything they wanted and have earned it!
TRUST NO ONE!

Lol that's my rant thanks :-)

xero
07-26-2011, 12:15 PM
My theory is if it looks too good to be true, its probably a scam.

Definitly gonna have to keep my out for him/her

Fyrce
07-26-2011, 12:17 PM
You can always email your screenshot in, colton. You can also use /report <name> <reason> [I think you can input a reason.]
All you need is the player's name. I love the chat log for that.

I don't get scammers either.

Sometimes, I wonder whether they wake up, think, "A bright sunny day! What a great day to scam!" Then they saunter over to their idevice with their cup of coffee in hand, log into PL, check their list of "Favorite Scams of the Day" and go. Sometimes I think they have a checklist of games to log into for the day...

Coltona
07-26-2011, 12:25 PM
In the way of scams i had something even weirder happen to me.
A week or so ago the game was running real slow for everyone and the market wouldn't open, well I traded a guy my purple pumpkin chunker for two pink 25 items, and that was that we never talked again. I promised him if he thought the trade wasn't worth it once the market re opened I would trade back no big deal, thing is when i checked my inventory later I had all 3 items!! Even though it said I gave him the chunker and he gave me the items, I had them all. I tried to message him to see if it happened to him also, but was never able to find him.

Weird right?

Zerious
07-26-2011, 02:21 PM
In the way of scams i had something even weirder happen to me.
A week or so ago the game was running real slow for everyone and the market wouldn't open, well I traded a guy my purple pumpkin chunker for two pink 25 items, and that was that we never talked again. I promised him if he thought the trade wasn't worth it once the market re opened I would trade back no big deal, thing is when i checked my inventory later I had all 3 items!! Even though it said I gave him the chunker and he gave me the items, I had them all. I tried to message him to see if it happened to him also, but was never able to find him.

Weird right?

I knew God played PL through other players! :D

PatsoeGamer
07-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Dislike scammers!

kinawarrior
07-27-2011, 07:33 AM
My theory is if it looks too good to be true, its probably a scam.

Definitly gonna have to keep my out for him/her

Great motto to go by, especially pertaining to emails and deals on the web. If you receive an email saying you won 1 million in euros, then it is probably not true. If you get a tracking email from ups when you haven't ordered anything, then it is a virus (especially if it has an attachment, ups and usps do not send attachments...ever). If a TV is for sale for 800 dollars, when everywhere else it is for sale for 1500 dollars, then it's a scam.

rules to live by :)

Pvpdexbear
07-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Scamming is for people who are broke and wants to steal for no reason but making them rich . One dude walked up to me and said he could double my money ! well I reported him to the devs and hopefully he won't fool anyone

Navygreen
08-22-2011, 07:00 AM
Pretty unique scam someone hit me with yesterday.

I'm always selling stuff for very cheap and giving away random items to random people, so whoever wants to try to scam me deserves a butt kicking. So anyway...

Someone asks me who I am yesterday. I said, "I'm just here to help people. Do you need help with something."
This person had no gear equipped and looked like they were going through their items. So anyway they said Yes I need help. They then tell me that they needed help transferring some items from one player to another. Told me that they would give me several items and to friend a certain player name, which I did, and give the items back. They kept emphasizing that I GIVE THE ITEMS BACK and to NOT KEEP THEM. I said I have my own things, I dont want your stuff. I'll help if you want.

Ok so they gave me 4 pink items, good stuff. And 9k gold. Done. Then the other player came on and asked me for the items back. When they came back I asked, why don't you just use your stash instead of risking giving me your items. They never answered which was suspicious. Anyway, because I have tons of items myself, I scrolled back through the chat history and made sure I gave back the correct 4 pinks they gave me. I also gave back the 9k gold. After that, they started complaining that I didn't give back all the items and I gave you 14k gold! I said huh?? I gave back your crap, check your chat history, you only gave me four items. They started naming different high level items that the swore they gave to me along with the 14k gold. I said give me a break, check your chat, you didn't give me that stuff. However, although the chat history showed the items that were given to me, it did not show the amount of money that was included in the trade. Because the transaction happened so quickly, I had started second guessing myself about the amount of money they gave me. I could have sworn it was about 9k, but they kept harassing me about this 14k gold. Eventually I said here, gave them 5k more gold and told them to scram. Well what do you know, I have less gold than I did before. I know how much I had before and I had less than that after this whole thing.

Lol, needless to say I felt pretty dumb because the whole thing was obviously a scam. Because I wasn't fully paying attention to the trade and everything included, I got scammed on the money. I didn't lose out on anything but 5k gold but still.. They kept trying to talk to me after that about these items that I didn't have and I said IN THE OPEN (not whispered) that they were a scammer and to stop talking to me. They left Forest Haven and I haven't seen them since. I have the player name that I wont say in the open, but just be careful.

This whole thing happened very fast. If I may suggest something, when trading or helping with anything involving items or money, use a pen and pad and write down any money involved or anything that may make you confused later on. Trust me. :)

Whirlzap
08-22-2011, 08:55 AM
I've reported dozens of scammers and inappropriate IGNs.
I honestly don't know if Developers check the report logs...

Redbridge
08-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Pretty unique scam someone hit me with yesterday.

I'm always selling stuff for very cheap and giving away random items to random people, so whoever wants to try to scam me deserves a butt kicking. So anyway...

Someone asks me who I am yesterday. I said, "I'm just here to help people. Do you need help with something."
This person had no gear equipped and looked like they were going through their items. So anyway they said Yes I need help. They then tell me that they needed help transferring some items from one player to another. Told me that they would give me several items and to friend a certain player name, which I did, and give the items back. They kept emphasizing that I GIVE THE ITEMS BACK and to NOT KEEP THEM. I said I have my own things, I dont want your stuff. I'll help if you want.

Ok so they gave me 4 pink items, good stuff. And 9k gold. Done. Then the other player came on and asked me for the items back. When they came back I asked, why don't you just use your stash instead of risking giving me your items. They never answered which was suspicious. Anyway, because I have tons of items myself, I scrolled back through the chat history and made sure I gave back the correct 4 pinks they gave me. I also gave back the 9k gold. After that, they started complaining that I didn't give back all the items and I gave you 14k gold! I said huh?? I gave back your crap, check your chat history, you only gave me four items. They started naming different high level items that the swore they gave to me along with the 14k gold. I said give me a break, check your chat, you didn't give me that stuff. However, although the chat history showed the items that were given to me, it did not show the amount of money that was included in the trade. Because the transaction happened so quickly, I had started second guessing myself about the amount of money they gave me. I could have sworn it was about 9k, but they kept harassing me about this 14k gold. Eventually I said here, gave them 5k more gold and told them to scram. Well what do you know, I have less gold than I did before. I know how much I had before and I had less than that after this whole thing.

Lol, needless to say I felt pretty dumb because the whole thing was obviously a scam. Because I wasn't fully paying attention to the trade and everything included, I got scammed on the money. I didn't lose out on anything but 5k gold but still.. They kept trying to talk to me after that about these items that I didn't have and I said IN THE OPEN (not whispered) that they were a scammer and to stop talking to me. They left Forest Haven and I haven't seen them since. I have the player name that I wont say in the open, but just be careful.

This whole thing happened very fast. If I may suggest something, when trading or helping with anything involving items or money, use a pen and pad and write down any money involved or anything that may make you confused later on. Trust me. :)

I've been asked to do this before but always take a screen dump for both our safety (also let them know that's exactly what i'm doing too). never had any come back yet but suspect a few would have tried if I didn't confirm exactly the trade was. Some People eh?

Navygreen
08-22-2011, 09:49 AM
@Whirlzap

Well that would suck because I am more than willing to help the community by reporting scammers and people blatantly breaking the rules, but if they don't follow up on these reports then what's the point?

With that said, I'm sure they check on the reports. They probably have so many that come in and probably many of them are false claims or people abusing the system to get someone in trouble. I can only imagine the nonsense these developers have to sift through to find the legitimate claims of abuse or scams. Good luck though, just be careful when you're playing.

Navygreen
08-22-2011, 10:10 AM
I've been asked to do this before but always take a screen dump for both our safety (also let them know that's exactly what i'm doing too). never had any come back yet but suspect a few would have tried if I didn't confirm exactly the trade was. Some People eh?

Very smart.. I still haven't figured out how to take screen shots on this tablet. Im not sure I can do it without rooting or without the help of an app. So in the meantime, i'll just pay attention and write things down. Giving/receiving items is ok because they are logged in the chat history. Giving/receiving money along with items in a trade dosn't seem to reflect in the chat history for some reason, unless i'm missing something. :)

Cytokinesis
08-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Once in FH there was a lvl 3 bird selling a "LVL 99" sword then i said rlly? let me see it he said no then i started telling him he was a scammer then he asked me to trade i accepted then he said let me see it i was like see wat then he said the sword u said u had it u scammer! I just said lol and made him say he was a scammer :D

Shadowie
08-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Once in FH there was a lvl 3 bird selling a "LVL 99" sword then i said rlly? let me see it he said no then i started telling him he was a scammer then he asked me to trade i accepted then he said let me see it i was like see wat then he said the sword u said u had it u scammer! I just said lol and made him say he was a scammer :D

I will offer 8mil for that lvl 99 sword!
:p:p:p

Navygreen
08-23-2011, 10:07 AM

wow, that was a super fail scam. lol nice..