PDA

View Full Version : Both genders for all classes?

Vance987
07-26-2011, 02:14 PM
I know this has probably been said before (seems pretty obvious because of so many people talking about it in game) But just in case not, does Spacetime Studios plan to make both male and female characters for all the classes. I'm a boy myself, and I find that playing mages are alot of fun, but instead I picked a ranger because the mage was gender locked to being a girl. I hope the answer is yes, because I really love this game. Since I don't have a computer and just my toshiba thrive tablet, this is my main mmo that I'm playing. Thank you for the responses. ^o^

Eyesharp
07-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Actually on the beta in star legends/blackstar you get to pick if you wanna be a boy or girl so this might be a possible chance in a future update.

Beanmachine
07-26-2011, 08:07 PM
In PL they designed it so you can't tell their gender to make things safer.

Kakatoa91
07-27-2011, 12:32 AM

Elves get hit on most of the time by teen boys or old perv regularly... :D
Bird or bear r safer from those nuisance unless you got a feminine name.

Male elf that would be easy to do.
Theres a female face bear... but hardly female look imo.
Feminine look for a bird... harder...

Vance987
07-27-2011, 04:56 AM
Thank you very much for the replies. :) I hope Eyesharp is correct so we can have the choice in the future.

Moogerfooger
07-27-2011, 06:57 AM

You can most definitely tell the elves are female.

JaytB
07-27-2011, 07:24 AM
To the OP, I can feel your pain really.

When I started playing PL, I wanted a mage... But, I created a warrior instead, just because I didn't want to spend my first MMO experience running around as a virtual female character :D

LADYHADASSA
07-27-2011, 09:14 AM
I understand the trying to strive for having charecters that are not deemed male of female, but like most said mages are def feminine, again no matter the bear face they are masculine, and errr names dont seem to matter i am called dude, that guy, bro, and asked often if im a "girl" even with names such as lady.....

So choice would be good, as far as safty, there are women who pose as men so they are not discriminated against, ( yes even in game many guys dont like to fight a "girl". And guys who pose as female..to be safe peeps dont give out personal info....

Dont let the current set up keep you from running a mage there are many guys who have them, many opt for the more masculine faces or names. Then there are the uni sex names that no one can tell,bottom line no one cares much,

Do you know if that tank or bird is male or female? Chances are no...

This idea is good and has been brought up before :)

KingFu
07-27-2011, 09:23 AM

I think he means that since people can't choose their gender, it makes it harder to know if the player is male or female.

Ebalere
07-27-2011, 09:31 AM

I think he means that since people can't choose their gender, it makes it harder to know if the player is male or female.

Look who moog quoted tho

Beanmachine
07-27-2011, 07:46 PM

Exactly what I was trying to explain:)

Cascade
07-27-2011, 07:48 PM
If they did genders they would have to redo all armor to fit both genders

Kakatoa91
07-28-2011, 03:56 AM
If they did genders they would have to redo all armor to fit both genders

That is if they intend to make the physical difference with erm a generous feminine chest. :)

Apart from face Elves looks female mainly becoz of robe, the only clothes that doesnt show that are the sandstone armor.
I think male elf would need minor changes + adding some faces

But on the other hand, Birds and bears r animals... hard to make a non ridiculous female body. This is where the hard work should be.
Feminine face bear is the only option at the moment. Some compensate with girly gear like pink hat but thats all.