PDA

View Full Version : It's frustrating.

Zbooo
07-26-2011, 08:42 PM
In behalf of all the Beta players, we think that the game should be released any within the next few days.

Yes I understand that we got to play the Beta first and believe me I am grateful for it, but right now...THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO, and my addiction requires the release of Star Legends.

I also understand that our friends at STS are working very hard to give the game out to both Android and Apple users but this game is way over due its release date.

Many other players have speculated that release should come in the next 2 days, hopefully this becomes a reality.

Once again, I thank STS for their hard work and dedication but I'm just typing my mind out and the game should be released ASAP.

Tvis
07-26-2011, 08:48 PM
It's up to Apple when the game is released. It's been in App approval for over two weeks.

Acyer
07-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Its like a ghost town sometimes.

Zbooo
07-26-2011, 09:35 PM
I know -_______-

Cascade
07-26-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm pretty sure the app is already approved the STS team is just fixed some last minute bugs I think.

WhoIsThis
07-26-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm pretty sure the app is already approved the STS team is just fixed some last minute bugs I think.

Apple can take a long time. Sometimes it takes a couple of days, but sometimes, according to some iPhone developers I've spoken with, it can take over a month. By then, the devs have probably finished the next version of the app on Xcode.

Slush
07-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Ikr, there is absolutely nothing at all to do except farm for greens.

octavos
07-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Ok, i don't own a ipod/ipad/iphone (not my cup of tea) sorry. one major reasons beta was released for android is because of Vcast and the amount of users of Verizon android phones. People aren't playing the game as much because they have reached the max and the erasing of the leader boards. there's nothing to shoot for which leaves some of us users unable to play because Star legends has to be played with teams. (Cant solo many levels)

I understand the release is going to be released soon, but if were waiting for apple, really. When games are released on consoles ex: (wii,xbox ect..)
a different but similar version is released months after the original. ex: resident evil 4 was on GC than got ported to wii and ps3. I didn't happen all at once, but if you wanted to play a game badly you would purchase/rent a system.

Horsethe
07-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Ok, i don't own a ipod/ipad/iphone (not my cup of tea) sorry. one major reasons beta was released for android is because of Vcast and the amount of users of Verizon android phones. People aren't playing the game as much because they have reached the max and the erasing of the leader boards. there's nothing to shoot for which leaves some of us users unable to play because Star legends has to be played with teams. (Cant solo many levels)

I understand the release is going to be released soon, but if were waiting for apple, really. When games are released on consoles ex: (wii,xbox ect..)
a different but similar version is released months after the original. ex: resident evil 4 was on GC than got ported to wii and ps3. I didn't happen all at once, but if you wanted to play a game badly you would purchase/rent a system.

Also, there are many apps that are released for apple before developers even consider porting it to android. A good example of this was cut the rope. Either way, STS want's to be fair to its entire fan base and I have to respect that, even if I dislike apple, their products and their methods.

We also don't really know how much extra the full release is gonna add to the beta, so even if we do get it soon, we could still be waiting around for updates before there is stuff to do. These updates would and once again require this whole app submission process to take place.

squishyoreos
07-27-2011, 01:31 AM
It's up to Apple when the game is released. It's been in App approval for over two weeks. Technicall, no. The game could be released on android market right now, STS is just waiting for apple so they can release both at the same time..

davidis57
07-27-2011, 03:07 AM
First off you should not be making new posts regarding Star Legends release date. There are a bunch of posts already. Don't be surprised if they lock it. Everyone wants to play and making more posts doesn't help. If I was dev and had to take time out to answer every thread like this I would not be happy. Right now its 1:10am in California where the developers are sleeping. You never know the game could get released later this morning. But if it happens or it doesn't try to have more patience than your displaying here.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20

Acyer
07-27-2011, 07:05 AM
First off you should not be making new posts regarding Star Legends release date. There are a bunch of posts already. Don't be surprised if they lock it. Everyone wants to play and making more posts doesn't help. If I was dev and had to take time out to answer every thread like this I would not be happy. Right now its 1:10am in California where the developers are sleeping. You never know the game could get released later this morning. But if it happens or it doesn't try to have more patience than your displaying here. PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20All he was stating was how the moral in star legends is at the moment. The tension is really bad as we've seen lots of arguments happening in general chat in sl. A lot of players have nothing to do and it takes a toll on ya.

JaytB
07-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Mm, the game isn't released yet and people already complain there's nothing to do :rolleyes:

sabermage
07-27-2011, 07:37 AM
I got bored as well. I got two characters to level 21, i got the greens i wanted, and i sold some greens while the prices were good (in terms of beta prices). Now i haven't played in a few days because i need something new in the game which is the release.

octavos
07-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Mm, the game isn't released yet and people already complain there's nothing to do :rolleyes:

Hes not complaining that there isn't much to do, but no one to play with. Its like a ghost town seriously.

Derajdefyre
07-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Right now its 1:10am in California where the developers are sleeping.

The developers are in Texas, unless you're talking about the people at Apple but Apple did not develop Star Legends. Anyways, just so non beta people are not afraid, it isn't that there aren't things to do in the game, it's that there's little motivation to do anything in the game when we know that release is just around the corner and that once the release is official there is a 99% chance that the level cap will be raised making 21 10x easier to get if you don't have it yet, the gear will be better making any gear farming done now irrelevant, the leaderboards will be wiped making anything there irrelevant, credits will most likely be much easier to obtain making everything affordable (you currently need to liquidate 3-5 pieces of loot in order to buy ONE healing stim), and there will be more people to play with making the content less daunting. As someone mentioned, Star Legends is MUCH more team dependent. A lot of the content is literally impossible to solo.

EDIT: This was my 255th post! If post count was stored in 8 bits that would be the maximum!

Acyer
07-27-2011, 08:46 AM
The developers are in Texas, unless you're talking about the people at Apple but Apple did not develop Star Legends. Anyways, just so non beta people are not afraid, it isn't that there aren't things to do in the game, it's that there's little motivation to do anything in the game when we know that release is just around the corner and that once the release is official there is a 99% chance that the level cap will be raised making 21 10x easier to get if you don't have it yet, the gear will be better making any gear farming done now irrelevant, the leaderboards will be wiped making anything there irrelevant, credits will most likely be much easier to obtain making everything affordable (you currently need to liquidate 3-5 pieces of loot in order to buy ONE healing stim), and there will be more people to play with making the content less daunting. As someone mentioned, Star Legends is MUCH more team dependent. A lot of the content is literally impossible to solo.EDIT: This was my 255th post! If post count was stored in 8 bits that would be the maximum!Pretty much nailed it on the head.

octavos
07-27-2011, 09:17 AM
The developers are in Texas, unless you're talking about the people at Apple but Apple did not develop Star Legends. Anyways, just so non beta people are not afraid, it isn't that there aren't things to do in the game, it's that there's little motivation to do anything in the game when we know that release is just around the corner and that once the release is official there is a 99% chance that the level cap will be raised making 21 10x easier to get if you don't have it yet, the gear will be better making any gear farming done now irrelevant, the leaderboards will be wiped making anything there irrelevant, credits will most likely be much easier to obtain making everything affordable (you currently need to liquidate 3-5 pieces of loot in order to buy ONE healing stim), and there will be more people to play with making the content less daunting. As someone mentioned, Star Legends is MUCH more team dependent. A lot of the content is literally impossible to solo.

EDIT: This was my 255th post! If post count was stored in 8 bits that would be the maximum!

Amen my friend :) great choice of words.

ThisGuy0502
07-27-2011, 09:29 AM
I do have to admit... The game has kinda got boring since I'm level 21 already... Plus there are not a lot of ppl playing anymore :(

Flowman
07-27-2011, 09:46 AM
First off you should not be making new posts regarding Star Legends release date. There are a bunch of posts already. Don't be surprised if they lock it. Everyone wants to play and making more posts doesn't help. If I was dev and had to take time out to answer every thread like this I would not be happy. Right now its 1:10am in California where the developers are sleeping. You never know the game could get released later this morning. But if it happens or it doesn't try to have more patience than your displaying here.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20
Guys it's ok, Davidis57 has everything under control. We're going to be alright.

Acyer
07-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Guys it's ok, Davidis57 has everything under control. We're going to be alright.:-P

Samhayne
07-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Hey gang, as we've stated before, we are as excited to launch Star Legends and to bring it to all of our fans as much, if not more, than you are to get it. We continue to work with Apple for approval to launch and desire very much to simultaneously go out to all channels when we do launch.

Thanks again for all your patience, love and support.

Flowman
07-27-2011, 09:49 AM
In the mean time....Pirate....Legends...?

CanonicalKoi
07-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Guys it's ok, Davidis57 has everything under control. We're going to be alright.

I think I get the point of what Timba is saying. There's been approximately 50 bazillion posts (by actual count) saying we want it NAOW!. Add in another several bazillion FB posts and, I'm reasonably certain, emails to the STS address all saying the same thing, people in-game asking me who the Devs are so they can friend them and PM them that they want it NAOW and....what? It's like me standing on a street corner saying I want a pony NAOW! The chances of a magical pony-giver-away-er showing up and making my dreams come true is kinda remote (at least, I haven't had any luck so far. Where are they, anyway? *shakes fist*).

If the venting makes people feel better, well and good, but it isn't going to make it happen any faster. Devs are doing what they can, Apple, I'm assuming, is doing what they can and it'll be out when it's out. And about a week after it's out, I expect to start seeing the, "When is there going to be an SL update? Huh? HUH??!??!??" and "I'm 25, now what?" posts. :D Not to spill philosophy all over, but sometimes anticipation of a thing is one of the best parts. YMMV

Acyer
07-27-2011, 11:06 AM
I want a pony......

simnar_
07-27-2011, 11:13 AM
mabye if we threaten the lives of all the apple staff bye hireing chuck norriz to make a new video of him repetibly round houseing them

apoceq
07-27-2011, 11:14 AM
lol

Zerious
07-27-2011, 11:53 AM

you're on to something there.... but a different name plz, don't want two "PL"s

romgar1
07-27-2011, 11:55 AM
They playability of a beta game isn't designed to keep players happy and occupied for long periods of time. I understand how you feel, im ready for this to go live as well. Sadly, the Devs are ready for release but apple is dragging their feet. They have some pretty strict policies on submitting Apps. I love apples tech but hate the control they exert on their products. Looking forward to release soon.

Derajdefyre
07-27-2011, 12:15 PM
I am not impatient at all, I just posted to clear things up for people who aren't in beta who might think the game is insubstantial. It isn't that the game is insubstantial, it's just that until release a lot of beta folks won't get a lot out of game time. If you need to scrub the floor and all you have is a toothbrush, but someone will give you a mop tomorrow, you'll wait until tomorrow to scrub the floor. There is a lot to do in beta, but it's artificially harder to do until release. Right now we have a toothbrush, release will provide a mop. People are waiting for the mop.

Derajdefyre
07-27-2011, 12:23 PM

I vote for Ninja Legends.

Arterra
07-27-2011, 12:26 PM
I

That's the point.

Edit:
Undead/Immortal Legends (for their vampire game)

Conradin
07-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Lol i think its funny, Apple and other android users are dying for a taste of Sl and the lucky beta players are complaigning of lack of content.........in a beta. Be grateful you have gotten to play and please dont keep saying release it for android before apple. Many apple users have been scoping out the PC version of B* in STS's other games catagories for months.

Conradin
07-27-2011, 12:38 PM
oh and in the mean time, try Farm Legends. Its a ton of fun and i have grown to love it

AUSTIN, Texas – April 1, 2011 – Spacetime Studios' farm tech MMO Farmin' Legends has set its sights on Android and iOS owners. Farmin' Legends brings you intense, head to head family farm fun in a compact mobile game that takes advantage of Spacetime Studios' superior multiplayer technology. Such a combination is sure to set it apart from any other mobile game.

“We are so excited to be producing Farmin' Legends! We have put all other titles on hold to speed this product to market," says Cinco Barnes, Chief Vision Officer, Spacetime Studios. "This is the perfect IP delivered at the perfect time to capitalize on the farm craze that's sweeping through mobile gamer enthusiasts. If you ever dreamed of milking a cow who’s cleaning up chicken droppings, look for Farmin' Legends in an App Store near you soon!”

Farmin' Legends is built on technology from the PC MMO world. With over $10 million invested in development, Spacetime’s C++ engine allows production of high-quality games for iOS, Android, PC, Mac and Linux-based platforms. The first of its kind, the engine successfully manages the inherent processing, storage, and bandwidth issues of an MMO allowing seamless global play on mobile phones, i-devices, and tablets via Wi-Fi, Edge, 3G and 4G connections.

FEATURES
3D, real-time, persistent MMO
Exciting farm theme
Three character classes at launch with fully customizable skills and appearances
Thousands of items and equipment such as rakes, hoes, tractors and piglets
Hundreds of skills such as 'Harness', 'Sow', and 'Milk Moustache'
Robust social features such as chat, friend lists, and milking parties
Countless hours of worldwide, multiplayer, open-world gameplay
Head to Head, Player Versus Player competition
Playable via Wi-Fi, Edge, 3G or 4G connections on most Android or Apple mobile devices

Anticipated rating of 9+ for the following: Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Animal Violence

check out the full info and pics here.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?234-Spacetime-Studios-Unveils-Long-Anticipated-Mobile-MMO-Farmin-Legends

Derajdefyre
07-27-2011, 12:43 PM
oh and in the mean time, try Farm Legends. Its a ton of fun and i have grown to love it

No don't tell them about that... there's enough competition for grazing pastures as it is...

Conradin
07-27-2011, 12:54 PM
No don't tell them about that... there's enough competition for grazing pastures as it is...

I know, It took me almost 30minutes to do Farmer Milkmans quest " A Very Dairy Prarie"

Arterra
07-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Lol conradin.

Ps: I feel like the lack of content argument is a roundabout way of saying that "there isn't enough people to do what we have for long"

CanonicalKoi
07-27-2011, 02:11 PM
I want a pony......

As who (with any sense at all) doesn't?

<Mom voice>You're bored and don't have anything to do? I'll find you something to do, young man/lady! *shakes admonishing finger* </Mom voice>

Derajdefyre
07-27-2011, 03:55 PM
As who (with any sense at all) doesn't?

<Mom voice>You're bored and don't have anything to do? I'll find you something to do, young man/lady! *shakes admonishing finger* </Mom voice>

It gets even worse when you have a wife. Women can't stand to see men enjoying themselves. If they think you are enjoying yourself, they will assume you actually want to be given housework to do.

CanonicalKoi
07-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Wait......you don't? *assumes "baroo?" face*

Whatyouwill
07-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Hmmm... The purpose of a beta TEST iiiissss...? Oh yeah, to allow us to play as much as we want & gain a headstart on all the other people eager to play the game.

Wait! No, that's not correct.
Um... Oh that's right: it has nothing to do with fun. It's about trying everything (outside of hacking the code) to identify areas in which the game is, or may be, broken.
The fun is a (very welcome) side effect. I certainly got distracted from the task when I joined the beta. The game is a lot of fun. I am still having fun by trying to find glitches I missed while playing.

Whinging has no effect. If you are bored find something that will entertain you until general release. It is unlikely you'll miss the cheers of the masses when it finally happens! Keep an eye on FB or twitter or here. Someone is bound to mention that it is out (ya think?) Or you try walking into every wall/corner/door in what of B* is available & see if you can find BUGS!
Boredom lies in perception. Try looking at the situation differently.
In fact:
Ask not what your devs can do for you...

Conradin
07-27-2011, 05:46 PM
^ couldnt say it any better.

Acyer
07-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Hmmm... The purpose of a beta TEST iiiissss...? Oh yeah, to allow us to play as much as we want & gain a headstart on all the other people eager to play the game. Wait! No, that's not correct. Um... Oh that's right: it has nothing to do with fun. It's about trying everything (outside of hacking the code) to identify areas in which the game is, or may be, broken.The fun is a (very welcome) side effect. I certainly got distracted from the task when I joined the beta. The game is a lot of fun. I am still having fun by trying to find glitches I missed while playing. Whinging has no effect. If you are bored find something that will entertain you until general release. It is unlikely you'll miss the cheers of the masses when it finally happens! Keep an eye on FB or twitter or here. Someone is bound to mention that it is out (ya think?) Or you try walking into every wall/corner/door in what of B* is available & see if you can find BUGS! Boredom lies in perception. Try looking at the situation differently. In fact:Ask not what your devs can do for you...Umm you must have just started beta. Pretty much all the bugs was found in the first week hence the reason they submitted to apple on july 11th. I did a ton of bug finding but u can only try to walk thru walls so much. Since nobody is hardly on anymore can't do tank runs to farm greens and having all 3 classes to 20+ and fully geared doesn't help either. Also don't bring up the "well atleast your in beta,some of of would kill to be in it". Believe us we know. And also we know the devs can't help it either its apples fault.

Whatyouwill
07-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Been there since day one.

& why not bring up the 'at least you got into beta' line? So many people are acting like they're entitled to something that has not been promised.

There was mention of general release happening around the 20th, but nothing was set in stone.
I take your point on there being no bugs left to find, though let's face it: the day that's true is the day we all grow wings & stop caring about tech cos flying is so much more fun.
Thing is: betas normally end. You don't keep anything & you have to wait for the release like everyone else. We're being allowed to continue if we wish (not coerced though, one is not required to play on).

Acyer
07-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Now don't take my post as a flame I was just simply stating how the mood is in sl. The whole iam beta line is for the othar players who aren't in beta always saying well atleast ur beta I'd give my right arm to try it, only reason I said that never said or asked to be promised anything. And yes some betas do wipe data but some betas don't like open betas as they just transfer to release. I just think everyone wants star legends and the tension is getting high is all.

Whatyouwill
07-27-2011, 06:44 PM
'kay. We's cool =) sorry if I jumped on you

My original point (which I completely forgot when I started waffling on) was supposed to be that yes, the mood has taken a bad turn, but that it is up to us to change that. We can't stop others moaning but we can check the urge in ourselves.

The game is still as great as it was when we first got access, better even thanks to all the testers. All we can do is be patient.

& if we really need a B* fix, maybe write some fanfic.

Navigator Knox/Ticker anyone? =)

Acyer
07-27-2011, 06:54 PM
'kay. We's cool =) sorry if I jumped on youMy original point (which I completely forgot when I started waffling on) was supposed to be that yes, the mood has taken a bad turn, but that it is up to us to change that. We can't stop others moaning but we can check the urge in ourselves. The game is still as great as it was when we first got access, better even thanks to all the testers. All we can do is be patient.& if we really need a B* fix, maybe write some fanfic.Navigator Knox/Ticker anyone? =)Shoot ya I need ticker on my eng add Xero and we'll try to findem.

Zeus
07-27-2011, 08:43 PM
It gets even worse when you have a wife. Women can't stand to see men enjoying themselves. If they think you are enjoying yourself, they will assume you actually want to be given housework to do.

Deraj, you just sent that post to a girl. Ruh Roh. LOL. :)

maddogcharlie
07-28-2011, 09:32 AM
we need Cinco and his cunning marketing strategies, see PL and SL both address a primative urge in man to battle for his girl, to hone reaction times and develop lightning fast responses ready for the challenges of real life. Whereas in times gone by we would be battling a wild animal to put food on the table or fighting through mountainous seas to bring home a catch. Now we just sit in the office, write code and have countless meetings. .PL and SL are our chance to be prepared for whatever is around the corner, ready to defend our loved ones with razor sharp reactions and bold courage. Oh and girls too, they should have those skills too.

CanonicalKoi
07-28-2011, 09:54 AM

Dang, Parth! My next comment was going to be something along the lines of, "Sadly, I have no wife and no prospects of ever having one. :( " and go from there. :D

Derajdefyre
07-28-2011, 11:05 AM

It's fine as long as she doesn't tell MY wife :)

CanonicalKoi
07-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Oops! :p

/10 chars

Cahaun
07-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Reading all these conversations keep me entertained even though I can't find any more bugs. Keep it up! :)

Cascade
07-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Cinco needs to go to apple and go loco on them xD hehehe

Vyse
07-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Servers are down again.. Keep your fingers crossed ;)

Cahaun
08-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Cinco needs to go to apple and go loco on them xD hehehe

Lol. I can see Cinco going loco there. 10 seconds later Star Legends has been approved.

SknyAndy
08-02-2011, 01:29 PM
I was lucky enough to get a taste of SL but I don't have my Verizon or my droid anymore so I'm unable to play. I check every morning for updates but with no luck. I hope they release soon. I'm dying out here. :)

apoceq
08-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Aint nobody from the guild been on in days... Come on release..

Acyer
08-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Aint nobody from the guild been on in days... Come on release..Ugh ikr...

apoceq
08-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Im just running around naked again...

Acyer
08-02-2011, 01:46 PM
I may log in.....

Ebalere
08-02-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm still having fun meeting people and leveling them and stuff.. usually have about 10-12 talkative people on guildchat. I'm in no rush for release, but I am hoping its soon so PL's update comes sooner.

apoceq
08-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Still sittin here naked LMAO. I guess I can do some work...at work...

Pman3255
08-02-2011, 03:58 PM
100% up to apple. As of right now we have no say.