PDA

View Full Version : When will Star Legends Launch? The Wednesday Edition - Favorite Waiting Quotes

Samhayne
07-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give you the latest from Spacetime Headquarters, about the launch status of Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles. If you've been following us, unfortunately, you've likely heard this before. Currently, we do not have a specific release date for Star Legends launch. It continues in it's beta state on Verizon's V CAST while we work with Apple for approval.

We really prefer to launch Star Legends to all channels (Apple & Android) simultaneously. That's part of the beauty of our games - everyone can play with everyone, regardless of which platform you are on. It makes for great critical mass and for players to find a lot of other people to play with.

As I was plotting out what to say I went looking on ye olde interwebz for pity quotes about waiting. Like the rest of the web, it's amazing what's out there. Here's one to ponder:

Elizabeth Taylor
It is strange that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.

or perhaps...

Bill McGlashen
Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead.

So, while we wait, what else can you find that's a quoteable quote about patience, waiting or watching paint dry? Please keep it clean, thanks!

CanonicalKoi
07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the update, Sam! (goes looking for quotes)

And, just for Snake :) :

William Shakespeare

How poor are they that have not patience? What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

kinawarrior
07-27-2011, 10:56 AM
this one is funny :)

Patience is not a virtue, it is a waste of time.

PocketLegendsFan
07-27-2011, 11:11 AM
this one is funny :)

Patience is not a virtue, it is a waste of time.

Lol. I wish i could thumbs up forum posts (like I could with YouTube videos). Your post would definitely get a thumbs up from me.

Benjamin Franklin- He that can have patience can have what he will.

CappinClutch
07-27-2011, 11:16 AM
"Patience takes years of practice and experience to achieve, but buying an Android phone with V CAST is a great shortcut..."-CappinClutch

SUPAPRODIGY
07-27-2011, 11:16 AM
WOW if you stand for nothing then you will fall for anything thanks for update

Notorious Legend
07-27-2011, 11:17 AM
"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

Register
07-27-2011, 11:20 AM
"I HATE WAITING" -The mob of people outside of an Apple Building.

superss
07-27-2011, 11:24 AM
when my iPhone died yesterday (the hard drive and everything works but the screen, speakers won't.)(its fixed now :)) it made me realize how much i NEED POCKET LEGENDS XD AND HOW MUCH I WANT STAR LEGENDS!!!!!!

Cascade
07-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Is there any chance of release today?

Samhayne
07-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Is there any chance of release today?

Currently, we do not have a specific release date or time for Star Legends launch.

Cascade
07-27-2011, 11:29 AM
I know but is it possible that apple could approve it today?

JaytB
07-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the update :) Let's hope this will stop threads like 'Will SL be released today?'... :)

Samhayne
07-27-2011, 11:34 AM

It's why we play the game. Anything is possible, anything can happen, and we proved that again tonight.
Casey Korkus quotes

Soccer quotes

Addicted
"Patience when teased is often transformed into rage."

-Addicted

Samhayne
Thanks for the update :) Let's hope this will stop threads like 'Will SL be released today?'... :)

Probably not... but we can hope? :)

CappinClutch
07-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Currently, we do not have a specific release date or time for Star Legends launch.

Just figured I'd post it for the millionth time in case there was any further confusion lol!

kinawarrior
07-27-2011, 11:36 AM

It's possible, but not probable.

Sam

Will an email blast be sent out to all registered members showing that it has been added to the app store for download? Much like I receive an email blast for one pocket legends update, I can't remember which. It would be nice instead of trolling on the forums while at work all day...much safer to just check email :)

And, if it is sent, will it be pretty close to the amount of time it is announced on the forums? Meaning, post on forums, then email out a couple minutes later?

Cahaun
07-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Probably not... but we can hope? :)

"Hope is the denial of reality."-Raistlan Majere

Kraze
07-27-2011, 12:10 PM

Sam

Will an email blast be sent out to all registered members showing that it has been added to the app store for download? Much like I receive an email blast for one pocket legends update, I can't remember which. It would be nice instead of trolling on the forums while at work all day...much safer to just check email :)

And, if it is sent, will it be pretty close to the amount of time it is announced on the forums? Meaning, post on forums, then email out a couple minutes later?

Best idea ever....would keep me from refreshing app store every 15 minutes :(

Mkcecil
07-27-2011, 12:11 PM

Sam

An email would be cool! And I think for pocket legends it was for alien oasis.

Samhayne
07-27-2011, 12:12 PM

Sam

Yes, an e-mail will be sent announcing Star Legends launch. I can't guarantee that said e-mail will go out immediately after launch. Forums, web article, Facebook and Twitter will all be updated pretty much as it happens, however.

Conradin
07-27-2011, 12:19 PM
The sweeter the APPLE, the blacker the core

Dorthy Parker

kinawarrior
07-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Yes, an e-mail will be sent announcing Star Legends launch. I can't guarantee that said e-mail will go out immediately after launch. Forums, web article, Facebook and Twitter will all be updated pretty much as it happens, however.

So, a work around would be to follow their twitter and have automatic emails set up, win!

nazgulking
07-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Ok I've lost any hope to see SL released anytime soon. Probably it will be released in 2 weeks. I'll go playing PL a bit and Fallout: New Vegas. To STS goes all my simpathy, I know how

nazgulking
07-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Difficult it is to handle these situations :)

SssoulSsshine
07-27-2011, 12:47 PM
"There art two cardinal sins from which all others spring: Impatience and Laziness." Franz Kafka

I wish Star Legends would just get released already so I can find someone to Power Level me to the cap...

Arterra
07-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Lady Macbeth:
How now, my lord, why do you keep alone,
Of sorriest fancies your companions making,
Using those thoughts which should indeed have died
With them they think on? Things without all remedy
Should be without regard: what's done, is done.

Lady Macbeth. Don't dwell on the fact it is not released. Sad, but nothin to be done.

Cascade
07-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Just noticed the green little squares under you name what are those for?

CanonicalKoi
07-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Reputation. You've got one, too. Rep square, I mean, not a "reputation". ;)

Cascade
07-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Woo I got some rep :banana:

Snakespeare
07-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey! thanks, Canonical!

Here's what I found. A sculpture in Phoenix that takes its name from an Emerson quote: "Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rwy6IS0cHo

Silentarrow
07-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Sam, if the game is not released today or on Thursaday, but is approved on Friday would you release it then or wait till Monday?

squishyoreos
07-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Sam, if the game is not released today or on Thursaday, but is approved on Friday would you release it then or wait till Monday? My guess is they will wait till Monday. When that question was asked last week he said they would wait so they would have a full crew in hand to handle any problems.

CanonicalKoi
07-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Not patience, but hope:

Thomas Fuller

If it were not for hopes, the heart would break.

And for Sam for keeping us updated:

Shakespeare (yes, again. Problem?)

How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world.

Samhayne
07-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Sam, if the game is not released today or on Thursaday, but is approved on Friday would you release it then or wait till Monday?

Sorry Silentarrow, we're not going to play the "what if" game. We'll get it out in the best way we can as soon as is possible. That has a lot of factors - but always know that we'll keep you updated here on the forums and via our Twitter and Facebook pages.

bronislav84
07-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Best idea ever....would keep me from refreshing app store every 15 minutes :(Or me re-searching the apps published by STS.

Patience is a virtue, but I need a refill for my patience cup.
-myself because I can't find an appropriate quote from somebody else.

I haven't loged into the beta for days. At this rate the external battery I ordered will arrive sooner than the game and I'll have nothing to use it for.

Roasty
07-27-2011, 02:13 PM
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail". -Benjamin Franklin

I've said that in EVERY quote thread! Cause it's my favorite :rolleyes:

Sworn
07-27-2011, 02:22 PM
"have patience and wait for the thing you want the most. don't chase it. don't run after it. if god wants you to have it he will give it to you. so be patient"
"when you desperately seek something that can only be attained with great patience, you only prolong it's arrival."
"Patience is the ability to let your light shine even after your fuse has blown!"
"Being patient will make you sad, angry, depressed, and lost, but I guarantee you that what you are being patient for is worth every bit of that."
There's a few for you guys =P i figured I'd join on what everyone else is doing xD

JemNI
07-27-2011, 03:08 PM
I think nothing says it like...http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/JemDaddyO/0b65e225.gif

Tvis
07-27-2011, 03:15 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-d-6MZePgrKc/TgirvB6-DiI/AAAAAAAAACo/jqLpxBl9Tvg/s1600/LEGIT+patience.jpg

Hellventure PL
07-27-2011, 03:23 PM
WOW if you stand for nothing then you will fall for anything thanks for update

Wow i watched that movie for the first time yesterday (SuckerPunch) and it was amazing!!

Hellventure PL: Killin time eatin pie:P

Pman3255
07-27-2011, 03:40 PM
"its so close i can almost tast it.

CanonicalKoi
07-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Lol, Tvis! :D All I can say is, that is one. tall. mouse.

Tvis
07-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Lol, Tvis! :D All I can say is, that is one. tall. mouse.

Tall and skinny :D

CanonicalKoi
07-27-2011, 04:06 PM
And the cat is sitting there thinking, "Crap! Can I take him? He's pretty tall, probably has a long reach on him...."

And to stay on-topic, Benjamin Franklin:

He that can have Patience, can have what he will.

AOmonsta
07-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Can't wait till Thursday's edition haha.

Cascade
07-27-2011, 06:38 PM
I hope there won't be a Thursday edition

Darkfader
07-27-2011, 06:39 PM
I would go with this.

“All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope”

iLikeTurtles
07-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice."
- George Jackson .

Acyer
07-27-2011, 08:41 PM
"Show me the money"....Cuba goodin jr

Kalielle
07-27-2011, 09:09 PM
"Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon."

Or in this case, an afternoon without SL. :D

Kossi
07-27-2011, 09:23 PM
While ye wait, play thee minecraft andd build me a scale size exact replica of the taj mahal

clonefoursix
07-27-2011, 10:08 PM
"So close yet so far!"- idk
This one is just funny, "if you polish a terd it's still a terd!"-Peanu

clonefoursix
07-27-2011, 10:15 PM
"So close yet so far!"- idk
This one is just funny, "if you polish a terd it's still a terd!"-Peanu
That should say "peanut" not "penu"
and yes that is the peanut from Jeff Dunham.
Anyways,
"people who have patience are very, patient, though when they're not patient, make a run for it!"
Walter: " you know when you get married the preacher says, 'till death do us part' or somethin, well later in life you realize your setting a goal."
"don't take life too seriously, no one gets out a live"
Some ppl say patience is a virtue, well sometimes it's just a pain in the neck"
Some are funny and some are for waiting so srry if a strayed off topic ;D

Aperfecte
07-27-2011, 11:48 PM
I think nothing says it like...http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/JemDaddyO/0b65e225.gif

lol... so true

CALO SEER
07-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Lol. Someone should replicate the pocket legends world for our entertainment.

WJJ
07-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Sam,
Since you've stated that the new PL expansion will be released a few weeks after SL is released. Is the PL update being pushed further back due to SL taking longer than expected to be approved?

XxBlackNightXx
07-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Add Content

Axylus
07-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the update, can't wait for this to come out! Waiting patiently!

Akaee
07-28-2011, 08:22 AM
"Curiosity killed the cat."

Be patient it will be worth it

kinawarrior
07-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Sam,
Since you've stated that the new PL expansion will be released a few weeks after SL is released. Is the PL update being pushed further back due to SL taking longer than expected to be approved?

+1 for this question, I'd like to know also.

Tvis
07-28-2011, 08:49 AM
"Curiosity killed the cat."

Be patient it will be worth it

I prefer "Curiosity cured the cat" :D

superglut2
07-28-2011, 08:51 AM
getting tired of waiting

Tvis
07-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Here's some interesting information I googled about someone's experiene with app approval:

This person submitted an app and it took a week for Apple to get to it. Then it takes another couple of days for them to send it back to the owner to fix some things. The owner sends in the new sumbission the next day. Apple takes a couple more days to get back to the app. 7 days later, it was accepted. Reading comments to this guy, someone said they had a complex app to submit and it took 25 days to complete.

So, my thoughts now are between August 1- August 5. Hopefully sooner.

xero
07-28-2011, 09:51 AM
"Patience can't be acquired overnight. It is just like building up a muscle. Every day you need to work on it." - Eknath Easwaran

"Patience serves as a protection against wrongs as clothes protect against cold. For if you put on more clothes as the cold increases, it will have no power to hurt you. So in like manner you must grow in patience when you meet with great wrongs." - Leonardo da Vinci

"Patience is the art if hoping." - Marquis de Vauvenargues

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet." - Jean Jacques Rousseau

CanonicalKoi
07-28-2011, 09:51 AM
I prefer "Curiosity cured the cat" :D

"Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back" is the full quote and apropos for our situation. :D

Brainbasher
07-28-2011, 12:57 PM
We've all been waiting and its hard to be patient when something new is coming out Unfortunately its not out yet :( but you know its coming out soon... so we should all just not worry about it but when it comes out then everyone will still be happy :)

Tvis
07-28-2011, 01:07 PM
"Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back" is the full quote and apropos for our situation. :D

Lol. It worked for me. My cat getting into the magic shrubery cured it right up :D

CanonicalKoi
07-28-2011, 01:08 PM
The catch-phrase of the day....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU :D

Sworn
07-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Not trying to get off topic here but im looking to find out if ne one on here is good at making custom Sig Pictures, i have tried to make my own my i dont have the skill to make them the way i wanna lol i mean i dont know half the crap on Gimp or Photoshop. Could ne one help me? ;)

BestHyun
07-28-2011, 01:48 PM
So in total, how long has it been in approval? Approximately 3 weeks?

-Edit
Nvm, found out it was 7/11

aldoric
07-28-2011, 08:06 PM
sooooooo apple did not approve it??

Register
07-28-2011, 08:26 PM
sooooooo apple did not approve it??

why wouldnt they? Its not like it has anything that isnt approppriate

Breadkeeper
07-28-2011, 08:30 PM
They obviously didnt approve something in it, or else we would have it. It was stated we are 'working with apple' for approval. I read that to say sts needed to fix some things up in order for approval. This is all heresay but i believe they would of said 'we are waiting for approval' if it was just a case of waiting for apple to give them the nod.

Tvis
07-28-2011, 10:02 PM
They obviously didnt approve something in it, or else we would have it. It was stated we are 'working with apple' for approval. I read that to say sts needed to fix some things up in order for approval. This is all heresay but i believe they would of said 'we are waiting for approval' if it was just a case of waiting for apple to give them the nod.

I agree. Reading about the experiences of other people with the app approval process, is sounds like we should have had it by now if there wasn't a small problem. The devs don't seem worried, so I don't think it's a big problem or something that will take a while to fix. They launched the CTF tournament this weekend so we would have something to do. Next week looks promising!