PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on the Alien Oasis?

Aerospacegod
06-11-2010, 07:11 PM
1. There isn't an alien in it? I though maybe at least put it on a spaceship?
2. The minions/bosses are way to easy.
3. Haven't seen more than a couple items that even compare with Lost items.

Day 1 = not thrilled(hopefully they will make some fixes)

KingFu
06-11-2010, 07:15 PM
1. Part two will have aliens. Egypt and Aliens relate to each other.
2. Bosses are easy if you gang up, I think we are used to frogmar but Seth compared to Zeke, Seth wins. Seth is the hardest boss, second being Anubis. Anubis compared to Zeke, about equal.
3. The items could use some work. If you get the right drops, they have great stats!

Day 1= Fairly satisfied, rather this than nothing!

Aerospacegod
06-11-2010, 07:16 PM
post edited by mod lol
at least comment =P

only on stargate

edit: you didn't give me a chance =P

Justg
06-11-2010, 07:17 PM
1) This is Part One.
2) From what I know of your playstyle you are pretty hardcore... how do other people feel about the mob difficulty?
3) I don't think you seen near all the items :)

Day 1 is day 1. You know how we work... give it a chance to evolve.

Aerospacegod
06-11-2010, 07:21 PM
My group was mostly less than lvl 30 and we did fine which shouldn't be. The blue dudes mostly just stand there and die. Granted their archers but move around or something.

Khafra Cloth of the Owl -props for whoever designed that one

Royce
06-11-2010, 07:31 PM
I agree it seems too easy, but I was playing in good groups. Still even a good group should be challenged a bit more I think. My pinks are all level 37, 39, and mostly 41. That seems very strange. I like it overall though, nice look to maps and gear. A couple of tweaks and it will be great I think. I have been having really bad lag though. Is it just due to a spike in users online, or the new campaign, or are new campaigns going to be even less 1s- gen-device-friendly :(

Justg
06-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Lots of optimizations are coming in 1.3, hopefully it will bring 1st gen devices a bit of pep.

Aerospacegod
06-11-2010, 07:37 PM
yea died several times with 3000ping today :(

Kingofthebear
06-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Maybe I just came from a good group, but the drop rate is fantastic. I came out of one run with 4 pinks, and a bunch of purps and greens.

Aerospacegod
06-11-2010, 07:59 PM
found 2 pinks going through the whole campaign but they arent great

Azrael
06-11-2010, 08:19 PM
1) This is Part One.
2) From what I know of your playstyle you are pretty hardcore... how do other people feel about the mob difficulty?
3) I don't think you seen near all the items :)

Day 1 is day 1. You know how we work... give it a chance to evolve.

I think i've seen all the items. Only the level 41 items are worth it. Dex character items are decent, but for a Str or Int user, the new items aren't even worth putting the extra points into str or int.

A good example would be a weapon where i have to go up to 127 str to use it. I may as well stay at 112 str with my armor (in reality 106ish) and put the point into dex. I'll end up with more damage that way. The only weapon that is a dps improvement is the pharaoh sword, but even if its a dps improvement, it reality is just 3 low end higher and 1 top end damage higher. Its not worth it at all. Same goes for a mage helm i just got. Needed like 125 int and the only improvement is 1 armor. I may as well stick with 112 int and put more points into dex.

Honestly Justg, the only improvements in weaponry are for archers, or the level 41 gear. Granted this is only what i've seen, but it seems like i've pretty much seen everything. And i don't even want to talk about the new Skeller Crunch expansion on this thread...

Dizko
06-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Az, only archer gear I've seen that is good is some wing shield and a talon that Nicooooooo is farming for right now.

Agree with you on the rest.

Aerospacegod
06-11-2010, 09:05 PM
My group got 3 pinks on 1 boss, then 2 on the next. That's seems overkill, at this rate I'll have every pink there is in a week.

Azrael
06-11-2010, 09:27 PM
My group got 3 pinks on 1 boss, then 2 on the next. That's seems overkill, at this rate I'll have every pink there is in a week.

Its always either too many or not enough. Seems like the percentages will always not satisfy some people. I'm not saying that to be combative mind you, i'm saying i think it should go back to the system of bosses only dropping one item at a time, and perhaps hard bosses would always drop purples or pinks.

just my two cents.

Aerospacegod
06-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Seems pretty obvious they have a different drop system for alien than existed in lost...just saying I like to old one. Pinks should be at least relatively rare. I dont mind good items having real gold value of 50-100k each, we have plenty.

Instead people are stacking elixers and spending 8k per 5mins of game play.

TrogZ
06-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Level 40 archer here : Trogs, in regards to your questions:

IMO:
1. Didnt really bother me, was more concerned about grinding.
2. The mobs are easy depending on your group, I ran an amazing team most of the day, so in the right hands, it isnt a problem. Id say the swamp was harder. Make sure you have a tank for Seth.
3. I have 20+ pinks, fully suited archer pinks for below and above 40 as well as for my warriors and enchantress. Grind AO maps 5 and 6 for uber drops.

Hope that helped a little.

Azrael
06-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Its not a different system, its a different % chance.
And as for items being worth 50-100k, well i can't say i know anyone who spent 100k on an item. At first i was all about items being expensive, but then the devs actually nerfed how much cash was given to players when they sold trash items. Yes many of us have lots of money, but its actually a small percentage of players who are actually willing to buy items when we can just farm or trade for them instead. I suspect it will stay like this until an auction house is available.

Regardless though, as long as the expansions start off with players getting lots of pinks, even if they nerf the drop rate, serious players aren't gonna spend cash on them. I mean i pretty much have an entire level 41 armor and weapon set ready to go, im just missing a chest piece.

TrogZ
06-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Its not a different system, its a different % chance.
And as for items being worth 50-100k, well i can't say i know anyone who spent 100k on an item. At first i was all about items being expensive, but then the devs actually nerfed how much cash was given to players when they sold trash items. Yes many of us have lots of money, but its actually a small percentage of players who are actually willing to buy items when we can just farm or trade for them instead. I suspect it will stay like this until an auction house is available.

Regardless though, as long as the expansions start off with players getting lots of pinks, even if they nerf the drop rate, serious players aren't gonna spend cash on them. I mean i pretty much have an entire level 41 armor and weapon set ready to go, im just missing a chest piece.

Az what plate you missing? For what class? I have so many idk what to do with i could could drop one to you for crazy cheap if your interested.

Azrael
06-11-2010, 09:47 PM
sent you a pm trogz

Theremin
06-11-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm glad to see they have released new content. I'm really excited about that, but so far, all I've won is stuff I can't use. I saw that they had a server restart while I was leveling, and that they were attempting to address the issue of item drops beyond the current level cap, and shortly thereafter I won a pink staff which has a level 43 item equip restriction, which is a shame because I'd like to have those stats on the staff sooner than later, if you catch my drift...

I'm wondering if it's possible for the devs to change the item level equip restrictions on these items... Hrm...

Iambirdman
06-11-2010, 11:08 PM
no chalanges, neither in leveling or acquiring pinks it's like the game is for 5 year old kids, crank it up a notch or two:)
Peace.

Furrawn
06-12-2010, 04:57 AM
Thoughts so far....

I don't think the bosses are too easy after the update... At least Bastet is a workout... She's the new Frogmar which is really kind of great...

But the mobs could maybe be made harder- they seemed too easy.

The pinks mostly don't have stellar stats- but I'm guessing you'll add more as time goes by...

I love the look of the campaign. The weapons look wicked fantastic. Love the sand and the music...The gameplay is fun... And humorous when we all go around hunting the one char we missed somewhere:) lol

I am disappointed, though, in the mob characters. They're fine but nothing stands out about any of them. The crocs for example were very different within the mob... But the oasis mob chars all ran together for me... I can't even remember a weapon or which is harder to kill...

The drops- Mostly I got green even though I'm in there at the boss' throat... It finally became a joke ("green - the game hates me lol") because everyone else was getting pinks campaign after campaign but i was not. Luckily my friends love me & shared:) It just wasn't my day/night/day, I guess. I certainly wouldn't say pinks are too easy to get.

Overall, I think it's great for the first day out...
Thank you for giving us more to play:)

Elfche
06-12-2010, 05:00 AM
no chalanges, neither in leveling or acquiring pinks it's like the game is for 5 year old kids, crank it up a notch or two:)
Peace.

That, and fix up the stats...

Kingofthebear
06-12-2010, 05:17 AM
Regarding the drop rate of greens:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g135/gmjigga/4d0578d4.jpg

LOL

Elfche
06-12-2010, 05:19 AM
That's what my chat used to look like... except it was pinks

Furrawn
06-12-2010, 05:20 AM
Regarding the drop rate of greens:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g135/gmjigga/4d0578d4.jpg

LOL

Haha lol lol
I played w Gwen a lot last night... She was getting purps & pinks... I must have accidentally transferred the evil
GREEN CURSE to her....

Great screenie! Lol

Kingofthebear
06-12-2010, 06:15 AM
Ha yeah she got a pink or two I think. What was funny is that everyone was getting pinks except for Kirei. Right after they (he/she?) made a comment about it, they got two in a row.

Sayishere
06-12-2010, 07:57 AM
pink drops are very funny ones, when i dont want one i get them, but when i want one i dont get them

thats the problem lol

i just dont think about pinks (or try not to) and hopefully ill get the lucky roll

but my thoughts are the map looks nice, the bosses and mobs are way to easy and drop to many pinks

and the item drops are horrible

so yea

tbh the map pack wasnt worth the money at all

the swamps one was hella worth it, this one doesnt cut it tbh

vulgarstrike
06-12-2010, 08:46 AM
yea died several times with 3000ping today :(

I always die with that ping :/

Esus
06-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Leave the drop rates as is, I'm sick and tired of seeing people charge 75-100k for items, that's just plain out greedy, if you really want to spend all your time farming for the best gear go play WoW or something. This isn't some PC or xbox/playstation Mmorpg, it's a moble game on your FN iPhone/iPod/iPad... Unless your one of those people who enjoy trying to sell pink items for an arm and a leg, which I am very sorry for you, the drop rate are fine, it's really just the stats of the pinks that are most worrisome, seeing as how most pinks from the swamps still have better stats.

Barbamitsos
06-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Not played it yet but i beleive it will be coooool

Furrawn
06-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Leave the drop rates as is, I'm sick and tired of seeing people charge 75-100k for items, that's just plain out greedy, if you really want to spend all your time farming for the best gear go play WoW or something. This isn't some PC or xbox/playstation Mmorpg, it's a moble game on your FN iPhone/iPod/iPad... Unless your one of those people who enjoy trying to sell pink items for an arm and a leg, which I am very sorry for you, the drop rate are fine, it's really just the stats of the pinks that are most worrisome, seeing as how most pinks from the swamps still have better stats.

Why are you concerned about the stats of the best gear if you don't care about having the best gear? Bit of an oxymoron... Just wondering....

PvP
06-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Day 1 - Highly satisfied. Day 2 - Highly unsatisfied.

Why?

The bosses were fine. MAYBE I understand lessening the loot drops, but of course I'm going to complain about that. Lowering the loot drops, increasing the bosses "toughness" and giving us level 41+ items we can't use, with absolutely no counter benefit update....I just can't be happy with that. Did I mention the stats on the pinks? But who asked me..

Banned
06-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Its alright, but the items are serious garbage. Only +1 armor from the Egypt sniper helm compared to the swamp sniper helm? Comon, thats bull.

vulgarstrike
06-12-2010, 01:47 PM
yeh but let's wait for the items in part 2 before we start complaining, no?

Banned
06-12-2010, 01:51 PM
yeh but let's wait for the items in part 2 before we start complaining, no?

No, I payed for these maps, I shouldn't have to deal with crap items.

vulgarstrike
06-12-2010, 01:55 PM
haha I for one am happy just to have a new map to play.

PvP
06-12-2010, 01:56 PM
I agree...Hopefully these items will be prep items for Part II which should drop AMAZING items. I myself doubt this, but a guy can hope. These can be fixed with 1 simple quick solution which is either increase the current stats or add new pinks. It has been done in the past and its simple, but it needs to get done.

Furrawn
06-12-2010, 01:58 PM
No, I payed for these maps, I shouldn't have to deal with crap items.

I kind of agree. I'm sure the gear will improve BUT I'm a lvl 40 and I paid for a campaign that had odd loot drops- often nothing other than green and the pinks I did get are not as good as my lvl 35 gear. So I'm a lvl 40 decked out in lvl 35 warrior gear. There's something not ideal about that....

I do love the campaign...

Banned
06-12-2010, 02:00 PM
haha I for one am happy just to have a new map to play.

Same here, but when I buy new content I expect quality, not the same swamp items with new skins and crappy stats. Everything else is okay though.

Dizko
06-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Banned is right.

I stuck up for Pocket Legends on facebook, when people were moaning that they had to pay for Part 2. I told them to stop complaining because it is still a seperate campaign. Like Dark Forest vs Balefort Castle.

But as much as I love them, I must use the same arguement againest the Dev's in this case. Because this is a seperate campaign, we should not have to deal with sucky items while we wait on part 2. Imagine if Swamps had the same, if not worse, gear as Lost Expedition. We would all be raging.

Part 1 or not, it is still a seperate 10plat dungeon and should follow the pattern.

C'mon Devs. Lets see you come back with something amazing like always.

Esus
06-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Ha! I do believe you said ownd to me on the facebook page. And I had only thought that it was gonna be one set of dungons, I had no idea that Alien Oasis was a 2 or 3 part set.

Elffy
06-12-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm just confused how the pharaoh hunting bow of the eagle does more damage and has more speed but does less dps than bayou bow of the eagle.

Dbawlz
06-12-2010, 03:27 PM
the lower the speed the better the bow and therefore more overall dps if your shooting every 0.9 seconds thats better than every 1.2 seconds yeah? think golf!

Dizko
06-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Ha! I do believe you said ownd to me on the facebook page. And I had only thought that it was gonna be one set of dungons, I had no idea that Alien Oasis was a 2 or 3 part set.
Haha saw that but it wasn't me :P

I'm just confused how the pharaoh hunting bow of the eagle does more damage and has more speed but does less dps than bayou bow of the eagle.

More speed = Bad.
Think of it as reload speed.

Justg
06-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I know it is tough to remember sometimes, but we're just a little group of dudes working our butts off to make this game the best it can be for you guys.

We'd love to get empirical feedback instead of emotional responses... words hurt!

Barbamitsos
06-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I know it is tough to remember sometimes, but we're just a little group of dudes working our butts off to make this game the best it can be for you guys.

We'd love to get empirical feedback instead of emotional responses... words hurt!

Then from an old WOW player : make an auction house, make it
able to get 25 men raids and not 5 and finally make it possible to stash money cause i need to log in 2 accs
to transfer money from char to char...

TrogZ
06-12-2010, 05:12 PM

I agree with Barbamitsos

*Auction Houses
*Guild Houses
*Shared Money Banking
*Big Raiding Instances (Maybe? It would be cool but is not as vital to game mechanics atm.)
*Leader Board

These, for the most part, are vital to the game, and are improvements i hope to see. Otherwise you devs are doing an awesome job, keep it up. Cant wait to see AO:2.

Gwendaline
06-12-2010, 05:14 PM

Don't get all Emo Justg.... Are you speaking on behalf of all the Devs? If you are taking these posts to heart, then I'd say that you are the emotional one..

On a Happier note.. I think Alien Oasis was pretty fun. It was just as much of a challenge as The Swamps. I like it that you cut out a lot of the detail, because the game ran a lot more smooth. I did not lag one single time On my way to LVL 40. (LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOO!)
As for the weapons... They look very cool. The armor is nice, But where are the wands. :) I had a great time last night. Ty STS.

Dizko
06-12-2010, 05:57 PM

Ignore the ones being emotional. Listen to the ones being logical.

Sorry If my above post seemed like I was having a go at you - I just come across dead serious when I'm evaluating and forming opinions.

Anyway, The people taking the time to write decent responses with actual advice are the ones who are willing to stick around during the early days, the ones who know it will not be perfect all the time.
I know you are just a bunch of dudes, and you have done brilliantly - nothing suck up about it.
But instead of getting annoyed with the haters, listen to the fans.

Justg
06-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Don't get all Emo Justg.... Are you speaking on behalf of all the Devs? If you are taking these posts to heart, then I'd say that you are the emotional one..

Yes Gwen, I do speak on behalf of all of the devs. And of course we take this to heart... this game has our hearts in it. We are people, just like you, and this is our life's work. As I have said before, we are not looking for snuggles and pats on the back. But when we hear that this sucks, or that is crap, it discourages us from being communicative. We very much appreciate professional feedback. That helps us make the game better for everyone.

Dizko
06-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Keep being communicative!

It adds so much more to this game.

Gwendaline
06-12-2010, 08:15 PM
But when we hear that this sucks, or that is crap, it discourages us from being communicative.

You cannot stop a 13 y/o boy that is spending his daddy's money from telling you that your game sucks....
You need to dwell more on the positive feedback. You and I both know that you all are doing a great job.

Gavry
06-12-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I love the Oasis.

The maps are a lot of fun. Some cool new toys to play with, and a few nice challenging fights. I'm not quite sure what the knockers are looking for? I can't see this process changing. New campaigns will come out and the hard-core will power level and then complain about how it was all too easy. By the way, I have seen some great new items in AO. Don't know what the rest of you have seen.

Spacetime I say FANTASTIC work. I for one am having a great time and really appreciate all the work your doing. Bring me quests and I will be one VERY happy bunny.

I know this is an AO thread, but I love the other new campaign as well. More of the rehash of existing tile-sets and mobs please. I'm happy to pay for variety.

Gwendaline
06-12-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I love the Oasis.

The maps are a lot of fun. Some cool new toys to play with, and a few nice challenging fights. I'm not quite sure what the knockers are looking for? I can't see this process changing. New campaigns will come out and the hard-core will power level and then complain about how it was all too easy. By the way, I have seen some great new items in AO. Don't know what the rest of you have seen.

Spacetime I say FANTASTIC work. I for one am having a great time and really appreciate all the work your doing. Bring me quests and I will be one VERY happy bunny.

I know this is an AO thread, but I love the other new campaign as well. More of the rehash of existing tile-sets and mobs please. I'm happy to pay for variety.

JustG dwell on this ^^

Kingofthebear
06-12-2010, 08:33 PM
I think there are valid ideas for critique being said in this thread:
Primarily, that since we'll have to pay for the separate 3 parts of AO, each part should stand on it's own. Right now Part 1 feels like just that: we paid for a distinctive campaign experience but only have a part of one. Hey I love running through these maps. The colors are nice, the layouts are great, and overall it's a positive experience. Still, there is a problem with the items not being powerful enough (except for a couple swords that get my tank's DPS to 87) to really represent that of a new campaign

...most of the good items I have I can't use, since they were made over the level cap. Really, I paid 10 platinum to just raise my character 5 levels.

Some fixes:
1) While the drops were fixed with the latest update, all of us who bought the map when it was released are still being left out in the dark. If these items could be brought down to 40 that would go a long way in making the drops useful, but also in increasing the quality of items dropped.

2) A more involved fix addresses the high drop rate of pinks, and with the consensus of drops being poor, this could be the time to add a higher (and genuinely rare) set of items that makes part 1 a distinctive campaign worth buying for high levels.

Otherwise, if we're only getting a part of a set (regardless of how many levels of it there are), only charge us for part of a campaign. Anyways, I hope this came out the right way. I don't regret my purchase at all, and will definitely buy the next part the day it's released. I'm just trying to be constructive :)

Dizko
06-12-2010, 08:35 PM
I must agree with the post above. Said it better than I did.

Gwendaline
06-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Thank you for saving us Kingofthebear. :)

Justg
06-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Very constructive feedback KOTB :)

Cinco may have some more loot to release with this campaign, and the item stats and drop rates are a tricky mix that always need tweaking.

The upper levels drops were a bug, and we're going to try and get the next campaign out quickly so you can use them sooner.

Aerospacegod
06-12-2010, 09:32 PM
SUGGESTION:
Why not release 1 really good item for mage, archer, and bear in oasis but make it like 5 times as rare as a normal pink.

Give's us something to hunt for, ends the "there are no good items debate", and as it's rare wont destabilize anything.

vulgarstrike
06-12-2010, 09:44 PM
how about adding a new rank of weapons, just one for each class, and make it a color like, I don't know, red. the best weapons with good regen, but make it like a one in a thousand chance and only on one boss per dungeon, I.e. an archer autocrossbow with 80 to 90 damage, 0.8 seconds, 3 h/s 2 m/s 10 dex, 70 armor, and so on... but limit it to maybe 5 total per realm, so prices skyrocket to near 700k. just my 5 dollars.

Dizko
06-12-2010, 09:44 PM
SUGGESTION:
Why not release 1 really good item for mage, archer, and bear in oasis but make it like 5 times as rare as a normal pink.

Give's us something to hunt for, ends the "there are no good items debate", and as it's rare wont destabilize anything.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3203-Rainbow-weapons.

Royce
06-12-2010, 09:49 PM

Wait for a while to weigh all the feedback maybe. I know a lot of players who are very happy with both the new campaigns, and are probably too busy playing to spend much time on the forums. I think some tweaking is in order, but it's mostly minor stuff (I have an issue for instance with Str equipment having more mana regen than Int stuff, grrrr...). I just got the other new campaign this morning and it's also very good. After no wands in oasis, I was happy to find there are several in the other campaign.

Gavry
06-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Ok after reading through the whole thread I have come to the conclusion that there are a bunch of real complainers out there. Seriously, why even play this game. Is the most leet equipment the only thing your interested in? Why not just add the best equipment for each class to the store. That way you don't need to waste your presious time atually playing and interacting with all those nice people out there. Maybe there needs to be a stage added to town so you can prance about and show off your cool new items.

To those who actually enjoy playing the game, and the best of the best equipment isn't the be-all and end-all, look me up in game. I'd love to run a campaign with you!

Like I said before. GREAT work Spacetime. In my eyes this game gets better every day!

Gwendaline
06-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Ok after reading through the whole thread I have come to the conclusion that there are a bunch of real complainers out there. Seriously, why even play this game. Is the most leet equipment the only thing your interested in? Why not just add the best equipment for each class to the store. That way you don't need to waste your presious time atually playing and interacting with all those nice people out there. Maybe there needs to be a stage added to town so you can prance about and show off your cool new items.

To those who actually enjoy playing the game, and the best of the best equipment isn't the be-all and end-all, look me up in game. I'd love to run a campaign with you!

Like I said before. GREAT work Spacetime. In my eyes this game gets better every day!

True dat Gravy :)

amn624
06-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Lots of optimizations are coming in 1.3, hopefully it will bring 1st gen devices a bit of pep.

Ran to 5 figure pings several times before game resumed. Died a few times along the way. It's annoying. Unfortunately, my wireless is not 100% reliable anyway.

Justg
06-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Ran to 5 figure pings several times before game resumed. Died a few times along the way. It's annoying. Unfortunately, my wireless is not 100% reliable anyway.

Definitely sounds like wireless issues. Optimizations are not going to help there :/

amn624
06-12-2010, 11:09 PM

Day 1 = not thrilled(hopefully they will make some fixes)

Thoughts:

I love this game. I love this game. I love this game.

Inching
06-12-2010, 11:11 PM
My 2 cents

- maps are good because of the spacing. Bad guys are evenly spaced out and it's easy to run from one part of the map to another so my feedback on the map development is good.

- bosses are very hard which should be the case. I don't thnk any class can solo the oasis so in this respect needs teamwork.

- guys, do u think the Devs donT need to get paid? If I were them I would sell u the uber loot instead of havin them drop. People need to eat and hv families to feed so like any other game out there, be thinkful already of what you are paying.
If some young kid is begging his parents to pay for maps, how is this any different from all the oher games out there like WOW?? This is a fact of life, never complain about about pricing because as you paid for it, that's how much it's worth then.

- pink drops are pretty common, I think between my group of 5 we pretty much have 20 pinks all unique and not countin dups. But as some have said, stats are pretty bad on them. Oh well, such as life.

vulgarstrike
06-12-2010, 11:30 PM
maps are still fun no matter what!

check this perfect party out
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad344/vulgarstrike/bcf0bbdd.jpg

still, a good party doesn't save me from lagging. I have fiber optics Internet, and I never lag in any other game, but I always lag and die in this one. it seems the problems gets worse when I auto attack. how soon is optimization coming? I often find myself putting down pl when I lag and rage.

Dizko
06-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Dont use auto attack on archer. Ive had lag issues with that from literally day one of Pocket Legends.

Only archer though, works fine on warrior.

Sayishere
06-13-2010, 05:12 AM

this is just your opinion, some others like myself dont enjoy pve as much as pvp, to pvp you need the best gear to stand a chance, this is why i want to get the best gear

and showing of items? ALL PINKS LOOK SAME TO ANY OHER JUNK WHITE ITEM? (of course theres some that look different not from oasis ive seen, an example is voodoo doll)

some want to show of its true but its human nature. i have complained in this thread so i assume your aiming this to me also, complaining has done alot of for this game tbh

alot of things have been changed because of the complaining, enough complaining about an issue will make a change, just saying yes this game is fine i love it! i dont want no changes at all! thank you space time! xxxxxxx

saying this is going to get this game nowhere

this game gets better everyday, its help to both spacetime and the users on this forum

Sayishere
06-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Dont use auto attack on archer. Ive had lag issues with that from literally day one of Pocket Legends.

Only archer though, works fine on warrior.

its got alot worse in oasis, it breaks alot easier, it was good for me the past couple of campaigns

Violentsaint
06-13-2010, 07:10 AM
just wanted to congrats the devs on alien oasis, my pally looks verry sxc in my thoth gear =D

Justg
06-13-2010, 10:14 AM
alot of things have been changed because of the complaining, enough complaining about an issue will make a change

It is about tone Sayishere... the devs hang out here on the forums, hearts wide open. We don't want or need to hear how great the game is all the time. We do want and need to hear about the problems. But if that information comes to us in a bitter or vitriolic fashion, it will harden our hearts. And you will lose the benefits of having such emo devs here at your beck and call.

this game gets better everyday, its help to both spacetime and the users on this forum

We could not agree more... love you guys :D

Reaper
06-13-2010, 11:27 AM
We love you too devs :)

Dizko
06-13-2010, 11:55 AM
We love you too devs :)

Eww! Get a room!

(and then invite me in please)..:)

zorprimus
06-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Liking Oasis more then the swamp for sure :) great work devs...

Banned
06-13-2010, 12:16 PM
- guys, do u think the Devs donT need to get paid? If I were them I would sell u the uber loot instead of havin them drop. People need to eat and hv families to feed so like any other game out there, be thinkful already of what you are paying.
If some young kid is begging his parents to pay for maps, how is this any different from all the oher games out there like WOW?? This is a fact of life, never complain about about pricing because as you paid for it, that's how much it's worth then.

Dude, I have no clue what made you post that. It has nothing to do with what anyone is talking about. I think you should re-read the thread or something. O.o

Banned
06-13-2010, 12:21 PM
It is about tone Sayishere... the devs hang out here on the forums, hearts wide open. We don't want or need to hear how great the game is all the time. We do want and need to hear about the problems. But if that information comes to us in a bitter or vitriolic fashion, it will harden our hearts. And you will lose the benefits of having such emo devs here at your beck and call.

Not to sound rude or anything, but it's your job, your getting paid. And if you want more payment, you're gonna have to address our needs.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

P.S. I still love you.

Azrael
06-13-2010, 12:28 PM
The level 41 items made me really excited. Now i realize its going to be disastrous.

They finally put 5ms on a bunch of plate gear. I think to myself "wow, i got a 13 hs, 11 ms set. My bear is gonna be awesome. Finally no more oom problems."

Then i realized that Enchantress's will only wear 5 ms plate, and have up to 24-25 mana regen, plate armor and shields, and a really powerful magic shield. Maybe some enchantresses will stick with bowchantress, but cloth enchantress will be worthless. GG non-hybrids once again.

I'm starting to think that until there is a complete overhaul of the classes and the pvp system.... well its been said before.

Dizko
06-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Not to sound rude or anything, but it's your job, your getting paid. And if you want more payment, you're gonna have to address our needs.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

P.S. I still love you.

true, but as far as I know, they are their own boss and could drop the game at any point and go work on some other project. I wouldn't like that :(

Banned
06-13-2010, 12:36 PM
true, but as far as I know, they are their own boss and could drop the game at any point and go work on some other project. I wouldn't like that :(

True dat. But, them dropping equals no payment from 500+ people. So yeah, I don't think they would like that.

Tailless
06-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Here is my 2 cents.
Overall I like the new campaign and think the Devs did a good job on the look of the levels and difficulty of the mobs and bosses. So far I think the drop rate is ok. I'm getting more greens then purples and pinks which is how it should be. Yes there is an increase in the amount of pinks I'm getting compared to other campaigns but I definitely won't complain about that. The issue that I have is that I have yet to see any archer weapons besides Bows. I don't know many archers that use bows beyond lv 14 and the new bows are drop in DPS. For a class whose role is DPS I think this definitely needs to be changed. Either add some crossbows or lower the speed of some of the bows already in Part 1. I understand that this is just the first act in a series but I would think that new higher level items should increase the amount of damage we can do, not decrease it. Again I enjoy playing AO and thank the DEVs for continually adding more to the game but without better items to look forward to it brings down the replay value of something we paid for even if it is Part 1.

Banned
06-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Here is my 2 cents.
Overall I like the new campaign and think the Devs did a good job on the look of the levels and difficulty of the mobs and bosses. So far I think the drop rate is ok. I'm getting more greens then purples and pinks which is how it should be. Yes there is an increase in the amount of pinks I'm getting compared to other campaigns but I definitely won't complain about that. The issue that I have is that I have yet to see any archer weapons besides Bows. I don't know many archers that use bows beyond lv 14 and the new bows are drop in DPS. For a class whose role is DPS I think this definitely needs to be changed. Either add some crossbows or lower the speed of some of the bows already in Part 1. I understand that this is just the first act in a series but I would think that new higher level items should increase the amount of damage we can do, not decrease it. Again I enjoy playing AO and thank the DEVs for continually adding more to the game but without better items to look forward to it brings down the replay value of something we paid for even if it is Part 1.

Completely agree, great post.

Esus
06-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Is it me or is it a bit hard to see the mini map and players names while in the Alien Oasis. Or should I turn up the mini map to be more defined?

Kingofthebear
06-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Is it me or is it a bit hard to see the mini map and players names while in the Alien Oasis. Or should I turn up the mini map to be more defined?

Ha yeah I noticed that too, but I think the brown-on-brown color scheme works. I play with my map up to see mobs in open areas, not to see the topography of the map. It's a nice look to have bright-red markers where mobs are, with everything else fading into the background. This might just be me though.

Esus
06-13-2010, 05:40 PM
It's tough trying to find fallen players to revive with the brown markers, not a huge issue though as we also have the bright blue ones that rotate around the screens edges, but still...It's presents that much more of a challenge ;)

lazuli
06-13-2010, 05:49 PM
One thing I like which I haven't seen being mentioned here is the npc at the first level who fills in some of the story of what's happening. It gave the thing slightly more depth than just joining a gaming room and killing lots of things (not that there's anything wrong with that). As soon as I talked to her I could see the future of quests and deep progressional storylines appearing. So good job on that :)

regarding the itemisation, I still think things should be scaled up more. At the moment I could have very similar stats with my swamp gear even though I'm now equipped with what I think is some of the best AO enchantress bits. Upgrades should be a little more potent, and also default stats like health, crit, mana and dodge should really be scaled up to support this for both AI and players (else PvP could become affected).

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned the setting out of the mobs being good and I really agree. They are perfectly laid out so that a good group can pull small clusters of enemies effectively and can really control the flow of the battle. In some previous zones I've felt that mobs have occasionally been a little close together and pulls could sometimes quickly devolve into a chaotic melee. It feels much more dynamic now.

No need to comment on much else as many others have already put it pretty well. Great zone, interesting loot that probably needs a little work etc.

Gwendaline
06-13-2010, 07:07 PM
My Level 43 items got me pretty pumped.

Azrael
06-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Some of the bosses in Skeller Krunch are almost impossible to solo, like capt bones.. I've done it once.

Course all the items are lvl 35 garbage.

My Level 43 items got me pretty pumped.

The 41 and 43 items i have seen are either unimpressive, or will make pvp even worse. the Thoth ms warrior gear will be all enchantresses will be using. Unless they change it, we wont even call em enchantresses anymore, just call them Paladins.

haroldiv
06-13-2010, 08:02 PM
i love the new maps. love the npc and where the trilogy is headed. love the graphics on new items. Here is my constructive criticism.

Loot = People want to be different! Devs please feel free to be "lazy" with some graphics in order to make sure there is a wide range of gear. The holes in the pattern are very difficult to cope with as a player. i am very glad you are working on new shapes (the new gear is epic) but dont forget about COLORS AND PATTERNS. gear variety is so incredibly key here! its KEY! just different shades of armor or weapons could distinguish isis, thoth, horus etc. no one wants to look exactly the same as the next guy =(

Here is my general complainy 13yo kid stuff.

im not sure why you released "copies" of the best swamp gear in the new skeller campaign. If anything i thought it would have been gear to fill the gaps in swamp. mamboza and zombie helms for example. Since you went the copy route im surprised u didnt release copy armor! at least it would help get rid of the wave of green scale lol. Its not a huge deal since most of us are on to the new AO gear but it kinda sucks to know all the hard work to get AS gear was a total waste of time lol.

Gwendaline
06-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Some of the bosses in Skeller Krunch are almost impossible to solo, like capt bones.. I've done it once.

Course all the items are lvl 35 garbage.

The 41 and 43 items i have seen are either unimpressive, or will make pvp even worse. the Thoth ms warrior gear will be all enchantresses will be using. Unless they change it, we wont even call em enchantresses anymore, just call them Paladins.

Hey Azrael.. You should feel lucky because.... You're next..

BLEED!!!!!!!!!! POO TALKER!!!!!!! BLEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azrael
06-14-2010, 01:39 AM
Hey Azrael.. You should feel lucky because.... You're next..

BLEED!!!!!!!!!! POO TALKER!!!!!!! BLEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what that second part is, but i just went 9/1 against a full thoth paladin using my ursan with 13 hs and 11 ms (half thoth half zombie). My burst damage slashes, armor break and debuffs overpowered the Paladin and his magic shield completely. Pretty much had full health and mana at the end of 8 out of 10 fights.

Apparently just half of the thoth gear is a lot more devastating in the hands of an Ursan. I'm surprised but equally concerned. Archers are getting it pretty bad right now, at least 1v1. They still have ranged burst damage but 1v1 they are getting smashed. Should they be glass cannons... discussion for another thread.

Gwendaline
06-14-2010, 01:52 AM
Not sure what that second part is, but i just went 9/1 against a full thoth paladin using my ursan with 13 hs and 11 ms (half thoth half zombie). My burst damage slashes, armor break and debuffs overpowered the Paladin and his magic shield completely. Pretty much had full health and mana at the end of 8 out of 10 fights.

Apparently just half of the thoth gear is a lot more devastating in the hands of an Ursan. I'm surprised but equally concerned. Archers are getting it pretty bad right now, at least 1v1. They still have ranged burst damage but 1v1 they are getting smashed. Should they be glass cannons... discussion for another thread.

Your going on my list....

BLEED!!!!

Smartress
06-15-2010, 12:47 AM
I love AO run, it was fun, the graphics and sound are pretty awesome, cannot wait for more contents.

Yes, the 1st version I think it was too easy compared to Swamp campaign, a bow warrior and myself (healing enchantress) went through all instances without any problems.

I pretty much power levelled my enchantress through the AO run with the experience potion.

I can understand STS increased difficulty on all bosses and fixed +40 loots. Here is a list of constructive feedbacks on Pocket Legends, I come up so far:

1) Fix loot description, a couple of epic (pink) weapons, have description went over page; you cannot see it full details on screen. (Hunter bow, was one of them if I remembered correctly.)
2) Link loot on trade channel, it is meaningless to say the name of item without its stats and bonus stats. Although technically it maybe a hard to implement.
3) How do I reply to someone who just messaged me? Unless I can find their avatar in Towne or a friend in my list. We should simply message like: t/ or r/ (tell/ or reply/) follow by a Character Name. It is a bit annoying.
4) Auction House, although a simple idea, but it is difficult to implement. I am glad it is on the roadmap though.
5) Do we have a loot database, can we make available on wiki site?
6) Why so many bosses have the same look and identical name? Look I can understand, you need more graphic designer to do it, how hard is to come up a different name though.
7) Make stats formula available on wiki/forum site, so we can make more informed decision to spec, currently it is very costly to re-spec.
8) We should place minimum lvl requirement for high end instances. You should not allow lvl 10-20 characters to play in lvl 35-40 instances, just for “free” loots and experience. I know you can kick or password protect instances, most players still play the game in PUGs.
9) My last suggestions, a bit personal. Why so many enchantress loots have 5 health/s rather than mana/s, I cannot think of any enchantress build require a lot health/s, consider they simply click on Heal.
 DPS mage, need more mana/crits/regeneration
 Healing mage, need more mana/regeneration
 Paladin build currently can have +22 mana/s on lvl 39/40 gears.
 Bow mage, probably need more mana and crits.

However, on a positive note, this is probably the best game on a mobile device. I play on an iPad using wifi, the special effects on damage are awesome. I will recommend the game to my friends.

Give yourself on a pat on the back, and keep up the good work.

Kingofthebear
06-15-2010, 01:39 AM
Great first post, Smartress, I think a lot of your ideas are great ones, especially the t/ system.

Regarding the low-level issue with maps, I'd rather have the option of kicking them or not, rather than a hard fast rule. While this is the system we have now, I've been in cases where an obscenely low level guy joins a map, but because the creator left no one has kicking power. In the case where the original game creator isn't in the map anymore, I'd really like to see them give "kick" power to the first guy that loads the next map up; just a thought.

I'd rather pay 10 plat for an update that includes a realm-wide auction house and nothing more than a new campaign at this point. It's definitely at the top of my list :)

Violentsaint
06-15-2010, 02:37 AM
smartress has a good point about lvl requirements for high lvl dungeons. lvl 10 players shouldnt be running around in alien oasis.

an easy way to do this would be just to lock campaigns on sale until your characters lvl is high enough, then it unlocks and u can buy it.

as for the campaign bundles. i wouldnt mind if they were removed from plat store altogether, if it ment cheaper campaigns

Interim7
06-19-2010, 05:13 AM
Hm. Honestly, I'll agree with the 'too easy' sentiment. I would even call for an 'elite' game mode.

v5point0
06-22-2010, 03:49 PM
I just got the dungeon pack. Initially thinking of leveling up till 40 in the Swamps but after doing it till Lv36 with all three classes, it gets a bit of a pain simply because:

You only get like 3 EXP for each kill (not sure about bosses, more probably but not mind blowing for the effort).
Nobody really wants to play that map or leaves before facing the boss.
Money returns from kills and chests does not compensate for the money spent buying potions/mana
Bad loot drops

Nevertheless I still like the map, because it is quite original in a sense the characters are not recycled and even the chests are unique. Quite well thought out in terms of design but not very enjoyable experience, though it provides the challenge - seeing your death ratio increase is not very exciting.

I have only played Alien Oasis through the first 3 levels. Like it a lot, taking it slow. I hope the loot does not get nerfed or anything, a good change form the Swamps. I like the NPC character in the beginning, was interacting with it for a fair bit even after players entered my game and started hacking away on the mobs. I like the desert terrain, middle eastern influence, and all that stuff - gives you that Aladdin feel (my favorite Disney cartoon :)

I notice you guys (Devs) have miniaturized the map and made it more compact, actually I think it works better like this, instead of making it like a maze, this is more straightforward.

Kudos to you Devs! A job well done!

DEVS: I hear you have plans of revamping the old dungeons, this would make them reusable again for EXP. I support this idea, and I would like to be able to play them again as I feel they are all lying in waste at the moment.

Instinctive
06-22-2010, 03:54 PM
2. Bosses are easy if you gang up, I think we are used to frogmar but Seth compared to Zeke, Seth wins. Seth is the hardest boss, second being Anubis. Anubis compared to Zeke, about equal.
3. The items could use some work. If you get the right drops, they have great stats!

Day 1= Fairly satisfied, rather this than nothing!

lol... alien is a term for different or new.....

v5point0
06-22-2010, 06:28 PM
lol... alien is a term for different or new.....

Seth is more like Le Chomp, he is melee but does shoot the occasional fireball

I haven't come across Anubis yet so I can't comment on that. But I think the boss that does the most damage are Fabio, Frogmar, and Zeke. Zeke has the highest defense among the three but I believe Fabio does the highest damage - I got 1 Hit KO-ed on my Bear even with Tanker's Ale and Iron Blood active.

Furrawn
06-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Yes Gwen, I do speak on behalf of all of the devs. And of course we take this to heart... this game has our hearts in it. We are people, just like you, and this is our life's work. As I have said before, we are not looking for snuggles and pats on the back. But when we hear that this sucks, or that is crap, it discourages us from being communicative. We very much appreciate professional feedback. That helps us make the game better for everyone.

But you want our honest feedback, right? Like what works & what we love... And what we don't like that we think maybe needs work? I hope my posts in this thread didn't hurt anyone's feelings. I just tried to be honest and say what I loved and what wasn't ideal for me. If someone takes time to really post about what they liked & didn't like, as long as it's constructive & considerate, you guys do want the "don't like" with the "like," right? Since the whole idea of the feedback is always for the benefit of the game? I try to always be considerate, positive, and also honest. I hope I have been. I love PL. You devs made an rpg game that got me to play! My husband thanks you daily! I just want to contribute and be helpful...

Gwendaline
06-22-2010, 11:22 PM
But you want our honest feedback, right? Like what works & what we love... And what we don't like that we think maybe needs work? I hope my posts in this thread didn't hurt anyone's feelings. I just tried to be honest and say what I loved and what wasn't ideal for me. If someone takes time to really post about what they liked & didn't like, as long as it's constructive & considerate, you guys do want the "don't like" with the "like," right? Since the whole idea of the feedback is always for the benefit of the game? I try to always be considerate, positive, and also honest. I hope I have been. I love PL. You devs made an rpg game that got me to play! My husband thanks you daily! I just want to contribute and be helpful...

For the record.. I'm not the one that said that the game sucked or anything like that.. ty :) WB Furry!! :)

Gwendaline
06-22-2010, 11:23 PM
................................. I don't know how I double posted, but I did.. accident

tjornan
06-23-2010, 03:05 PM
I'd rather pay 10 plat for an update that includes a realm-wide auction house and nothing more than a new campaign at this point. It's definitely at the top of my list

I bet your on Gwend's list.....