PDA

View Full Version : Personal thoughts on new pvp set up

Redjellydonut
05-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Honestly i found myself fighting players much higher lvl than me but now that there is a 5 lvl gap bracket i think its not so bad xD i was using my lvl10 and found myself in a room with 13s,14s but when we worked together we still killed enemy... I think it just taked alot more team work and skill now -.- Plus its kinda cool meeting pros from other brackets @.@ 5 lvls seems good to me but ofc my gear is maxed so i dont feel the same experience as others (i have never really been one to cry about lvl difference).

Pvp is alot more active now since many lvls can enter one bracket now!

.. I would like to know how others feel about this though! :D

yubaraj
05-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Personal thoughts:

I should have made twink rogue 15 or 20. Lol.

Warrior used to rule twink pvp, after armor nerf mage had some chances. Now after this big big update. Rogue rules the twink pvp now. Rogue must be happy now but how about other classes.

I saw some post saying sts will look into twink pvp after fixing endgame pvp.

The question is when...

Upperbound
05-06-2016, 06:50 PM
You r happy because u r on top of ur tier. Think about mid-tier guys like 7, 11, 13, 16 or 17. They must now level up or delevel and buy new gear to be competetive.

Redjellydonut
05-06-2016, 07:35 PM
UPDATE: Actually i posted this after a couple matches but after 20 or so games i have noticed its still unbalanced... I got carried away with 3-4 matches. They should have made it a 3 lvl gap instead...even 4 at max but 5 allows much more supirior players to hunt lower lvl players with armor, hp, dmg, and skill point disadvantages.

I noticed its most unbalanced for lvl9 and below since they have less skill points and gear dmg... They also face lvl10s alot Only 2 lvls makes a great difference in these lvls. Since a lvl5 can only have 4 skills points (heal,2 offencive, ect.) and a lvl10 can have heal upgrades,pull, curse upgrades, and more.

But at lvls 22+, it has less impact since dmg is so high and everyone already has the skills they need that all an extra lvl does is add hp for the extra skill points. For example, since the best gear at 46-51 is 41,43,46(imbued/Slate/Glint sets) dmg and crit stats are around the same so it is totally possible for a lvl46 to kill a 51! Not in lvl1-9...

I have not checked lvls 11-19

Xinghvn
05-07-2016, 01:27 AM
The new pvp set up with the tiers is really unbalanced. First, it pretty noticeable that the top of the tier lvl is the most powerful in that tier, which kinda destroys the purpose of being in the other lower levels in that tier, everyone will just lvl up to the highest of their tier. The amount of gears is also a concern if everyone level up to the same level.

Second, it requires the low levels in the tier to rely on high level characters. Its not fun for a low tier lvl player when now they have to look up those in the highest level of their tier when they used to have clashes with players in the same level.

Third, the lvl gap is too massive. When there was the 10 level gap range in pvp. The lower lvls stood like paper in front of the higher levels. In 20-30 pvp, it requires at least 3 lv23 players to take out or survive against a full geared lv27 pvp tank. After update where it was reduced to 5 level difference, its still massive, this includes the difference of the amount of damage and hp but mostly the armour. A pro lv26 pvp tank barely do damage to a medium core lv30 player. Im pretty sure this is the same in lower twink levels since a 5 lv gap can have a significant difference in stats.

Btw, Im kinda sad after the 5 level gap update cause it made lv27 pvp dead again lol.

Justg
05-07-2016, 10:08 AM
Here is my partner’s latest thoughts on this:

Yeah - the old system had some really cool aspects. I'm proud of that design 'cause it did a great job of matchmaking AL's early (very small) PVP community. And honestly, back in the beginning we didn't put an emphasis on PVP balance. Throwing characters at any level against characters at any two levels above or below was just fine. Today, with a desire to achieve balanced fights in our PVP arenas, the flaws of the original system are presenting challenges that make it excessively difficult to manage. Especially considering how big the advancement game has become and how vast the equipment offerings have grown. So, I assert that adding more complexity to the old system would move us in the wrong direction.

It is true that the new system puts pressure on competitors to advance to the top of each numerical Tier. From a game design perspective, this is cool because it ensures that we can achieve an exciting and competitive balance for these Tiers. Balancing ten tiers is profoundly simpler than balancing the combination of fifty-six individual levels within a margin of two levels above and below.

Now: could I have told everybody about these Tier plans before they were implemented? Yup. That's my bad. Sorry. No excuses :-/
But that reminds me... I need to post in the Pet Forum to break the news about the unbelievably powerful pet power swapping system and the upcoming Arcane Ability combo system. These will have an impressive effect on everything PVE, PVP and their respective economies.

Keeping the conversation drama-free ensure that you have a voice in what we do next.

I am consolidating PvP threads into this one so we can more easily monitor the feedback, thanks:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?319121-PvP-Balance-Adjustments-and-PvP-Tiers