PDA

View Full Version : Most important gear

Arterra
07-27-2011, 09:50 PM
What, in your opinion, is a must for a player leveling up new characters? Take in mind the different levels of income.

If I were to split the levels of gear acquiring, it would be
1) first char - poor as dirt
2) next main (after capping first/second) - a couple of hundred thousand, can get lucky super drop for extra cash
3) Veteran farmer - has the means to get gear needed, or simply wanted, and can have more than 500k easily.

As a first character player, we have all used mainly oranges with regen or the odd pink if we get lucky. Around lv45 we finally get decked out and can start farming.
Around the second main stage people might hit their first million nicely. (but not guaranteed to keep it)
At the veteran farmer stage we can assume the player is able to get the best gear for his twinks/alternate mains.

simnar_
07-27-2011, 09:57 PM
what ever is better then me lol

Otukura
07-27-2011, 10:13 PM
All the FN sets -- they should have enough by their level to get them, if they've played thru and everything.

Mage: Dreamer's Bony fire pin
Level 45 AO3 Nature Rod of Fate

Archer: Scarab bow(41), Trueshot bow(45)

Bear: You have HP, you don't need good gear.

Arterra
07-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Bear: You have HP, you don't need good gear.
Lol great love for bears I see... Or maybe a great trust in them.

For str, I would say for a beginner a good Horus/Isis spear at either lv40 or 45 is great, and later on after a bit of cash a shock lance (zuraz last I checked).

Int... Staff of ra at 40 is incredibly useful. At 45 you might want to repurchase a staff of Ra if low on cash, but Definetly a apep sunkiller, or better yet lv45 alien staff for mobs if possible. BOSS however, I would simply get a dark matter staff. Great darkbolt debuff staff.

Dex, I guess should simply work their way up to a scarab bow of Horus. I think the lv45 version of the arabalest is a little expensive.

Otukura
07-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Lol great love for bears I see... Or maybe a great trust in them.

Both :) You debuff them enough, you can solo all of AO2 with nothing but an iceberg long.

Arterra
07-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Frozen nightmare stuff is so overpowered lol... Pity swamp stuff is useless unless you are looking at some specific pvp.

Tamino
07-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Frozen nightmare stuff is so overpowered lol... Pity swamp stuff is useless unless you are looking at some specific pvp.
This makes FN gears "the must have" stuff in the game. Some swamp items are a little better, but more expensive and the difference isn't worth the price.

Conradin
07-28-2011, 09:35 AM
I used iceberg longsword, plate and a pink frosty str helm on my pally from lvl 30-43 witch then i switched to a djinn blade. Then at 45 i got isis gear and a a shocklance (if you can afford that spears work nicely). Im currently 48 atm and ill tell ya- Ao3 seems increduble easy to tank with that stuff on.

Fyrce
07-28-2011, 02:59 PM
I dropped my own shock lance. My own eagle talon. My own scarab. Etc.

Free. Actually made money, so for beginners, this sounds best :)

--------

I started a intbear that I'm keeping segregated from the rest of my stuff, including noting down what's hers in stash. It's....
difficult. She's a little bit ... weak :)

Might restart and try dexbear. For some reason, int drops aren't going well at moment. LOL.

nmyxspaceship
07-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Im probably under the dirt poor in my first character I didnt know the meaning of farming so I basically went off of having smaller pinks and hoping someone would trade for it but Ive never gotten any major pinks on a01+ the best drop was probably screaming shield when it was about 50k and had to trade a few sb bows and some ao1 pinks to get rift armor or void armor. Unfortunately same case only reason Im doing ok is bc friends helped me out but I get used to it hosting all of the competitions.

superglut2
07-28-2011, 05:19 PM
rings do help, im sorta veteran, but im rly lowcon gold since i got 16 chars and i just make a char to equip certain items haha

CanonicalKoi
07-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Hmmm....dearly love the Shivering gear for archers. And Brain-Freeze for mages and Iceberg for bears. LE has some nice, nice gear.

aldoric
07-28-2011, 08:04 PM
cyba set for level 50 mage healers

Arterra
07-28-2011, 08:30 PM
cyba set for level 50 mage healers

Not cosmos? A keeper staff set Mage is massacre. Although might be harder for newer or poor players, yes... Gets to 52/53 while doing cyber quests, ok.

Singleteddy
08-11-2011, 09:30 PM
My advice would be as follows:

First char: You have no money.

Get some cheap gear with mana and HP regen so that you don't have to spend money on pots.
Finesse/Albert/Ahnold gear can be good and costs a fraction of pink gear.
Get some strategic pinks now and then as budget permits.
Frozen Nightmares gear is overpowered and thus a great buy.

Second char: You have some money and playing experience.

Get more pinks. They're the most balanced gear and will allow you to try out a number of playing styles while relaxing and enjoying the game.
Frozen Nightmares pinks are fantastic and are useful well into Alien Oasis.
For the most part, get gear for your primary attribute (STR for bears, DEX for birds, INT for enchantresses). Example: Scarab Bow of Horus cited above.
Try being a talon bear.

Third char: You have money and playing experience.

Try dual-spec characters. This means pink booster sets, but now you have the money to try.
Get some off-level gear.
Try out max-damage gear (max-crit at higher levels).

2H weapons do more damage than 1H weapons.
This gear has no regen and often little armor, so you will need to play like you have a pot addiction.
Max damage gear does substantially more damage, but requires an extreme, frenetic playing style to stay alive.
Party members will look on you in awe when you're dishing out the damage and laugh at you if/when you die. :D
Examples:

Eagle gear does more damage than Sniper gear but has no regen. Similarly, Owl and Bear gear do more damage and have less regen than the corresponding pinks.
Swamp Rat armor/helmet/wing do even more damage than corresponding Eagle gear but have no regen and also no armor (relatively speaking).
Osiris gear does more damage and has more armor (!) than Horus gear but again no regen.

Also, most gear isn't in sets (by which I mean no set bonus), so you don't have to have all one type of gear. You can mix and match a little bit to suit your playing style.

Irulelol
08-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Wish i had a couple mill

razerfingers
08-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Ive made over 100k these past few days spent it on pvp gear for dex bear then next day make another 100k it helps to have 10 auction slots makes money making easier for me

Arterra
08-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Good point singleteddy... Giving up things like regen or armor for damage requires experience and dedication, and enough cash for pots lol.