PDA

View Full Version : I got scammed out of 300k and now I am being harrased :(

RioMage
07-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Today I was trading and some guy came up to me and told me he had a lvl 51mm cowl and he said he would sell it epically cheap to me for 300k. I was like omg, sure. So we traded and he showed me the cowl. It was level 51. Then he "made a mistake" and exited out of trade. So I put the money up and we both accepted. I went on about my buisness l untik an hour later, I put the cowl in the cs only to find out it was showing that it was level 55. The guy had a crazy name like fhghjdhf..idk the spelling but I lost his name in the chat box over a period of time. So he escaped. To make matters worst. I am being harrased by this guy named Zzohan. He calls me out in front of everybody telling me im a beggar and keeps offering me 1 gold out loud. Then today he finds me and pms me im a beggar then tries to trade me again.. He says its a "gift for a beggar" I told him I woukd post him on foruns and report him due to him harrassing me.. So he says I can play that game and post you on forums also and I have like 100 friends to post too. So I said ok but you will be a liar if you go on forums and post rumors of me begging and other stuff...etc. I do not beg because I take my time out to farm my own items and help others. I am really sad that all of this has happened. :(

simnar_
07-27-2011, 10:49 PM
that...is...cheap! what an s.o.b

CrimsonTider
07-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Sorry to hear that but you have two times to check trades before confirming. Any other issues should be sent to support(at)spacetimestudios.com.

TANKKAAR
07-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Hey Rio, im sorry to hear about this :-( the best thing you can do aboit the guy harrassing you is to add this guy to your ignore list and never look back... You wont be missing anything good anyways :-) as for the misfortune with the MM cowl this is unfortunate but there is nothing that can be done about it at this point and yes alot of people fall for this all the time including myself once, which is why the devs implemented the second confirmation screen. I can promise you this.... You will always double and triple check the trade before approving again thats for sure.....If you wanna go farm for more gold, items, or xp I will totally help you this evening :banana:

RioMage
07-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Hey Rio, im sorry to hear about this :-( the best thing you can do aboit the guy harrassing you is to add this guy to your ignore list and never look back... You wont be missing anything good anyways :-) as for the misfortune with the MM cowl this is unfortunate but there is nothing that can be done about it at this point and yes alot of people fall for this all the time including myself once, which is why the devs implemented the second confirmation screen. I can promise you this.... You will always double and triple check the trade before approving again thats for sure.....If you wanna go farm for more gold, items, or xp I will totally help you this evening :banana:

I will be glad to. I really need money before the cap too and I was merching so this messed me up pretty bad

Zaltiar
07-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Hey Rio, yeah stuff like that, you have to put up with on pl sometimes :(, hope you learned from that experience though
cheers :)

RioMage
07-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Hey Rio, yeah stuff like that, you have to put up with on pl sometimes :(, hope you learned from that experience though
cheers :)

You bet I did

Paar
07-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Sad Face :( this is sad I'm sry Riomage....!

Cascade
07-27-2011, 11:34 PM
It happens to all of us you just gotta be more careful when trading

RioMage
07-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Do not feel sorry for me people. Just learn from what happened to me and check your trades every time. Do not slack up or you will end up like me
and do not scam. It is very bad.

Conradin
07-27-2011, 11:42 PM
I'm sorry, Ive been there too. The best thing to do is be more careful and shrug it off. I sense a lock comeing, but heres a liat of common scams to beware of in the future. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23590-beware-of-scamming!-list-of-common-scams&highlight=List+scams Also remember to email the link they gave above (Support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing the (at) with @) as developers can look through chat logs and try to ban the scammer. Good luck.

Zzhohan
07-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Riomage your the one who originally came to me I didn't even know who you were lol. You come up to me and say" Remeber me?I was the noob who came begging and you tunrned me down"lol " then you tell me" Your not a good person that's why I deleted you" and you keep on blabbing rofl. Dude your hilarious, seems like you go looking for it and then you cry wolf. You need to stop crying. Your too sensitive and emotional. I don't harrass you I tease you. There's a difference. Next time don't go around announcing how you were a beggar and maybe you won't get teased.I'll lay off now that I know your sad :( Rofl

Zzhohan
07-28-2011, 12:35 AM
Riomage your the one who originally came to me I didn't even know who you were lol. You come up to me and say" Remeber me?I was the noob who came begging and you tunrned me down"lol " then you tell me" Your not a good person that's why I deleted you" and you keep on blabbing rofl. Dude your hilarious, seems like you go looking for it and then you cry wolf. You need to stop crying. Your too sensitive and emotional. I don't harrass you I tease you. There's a difference. Next time don't go around announcing how you were a beggar and maybe you won't get teased.I'll lay off now that I know your sad :( Rofl

elianel
07-28-2011, 12:35 AM
this is like a movie lol

Zzhohan
07-28-2011, 12:39 AM
Rofl

RioMage
07-28-2011, 12:45 AM

With all do respect. I did not say the junk u just said. I did say do u remeber me. And I said when I was a noob, I asked to "borrow" 10k.. You said no which I understodd, but then you started to give me a rude speach on how do I think u got all of your money, by begging people or it? No. I farmed it. I did not appreciate what u said so yes I deleted u. Then I saw u in balefort and I said do u remember me because I admit I was still kind of holding a grudge. I told u wat happened about the borrowing then u said stuff about you giving out over 50k to friends..etc. Then later that day when I was in front of my friends.. U kept harassing me telling me to trade you. You are a beggar so I will give u 1 gold as a gift. I said nty but u still kept doing it making others laugh so I got mad at you. Am I a liar about this? Can u actually say I am bold face lying in front of everyone about you? Then today u came in balefort trading me and kept saying I am a beggar and that u will give me 1 gold. Thats when I said I will report you for harassment and I will post on the forum what you did. Then u said, I can play that game also. I have like 100 friends who will post you on the forums also. Then I said okay, I am headed to the forums now to solve this. So here we are. If u have any objections you can contact me ingame or contact the devs for whatever reason they need to get in this situation for? Thank you

Otukura
07-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Please comment
in-game, if you really must. There's no need to have this stuff on the forums.

With that said, good luck farming in the next few days.

RioMage
07-28-2011, 12:52 AM
in-game, if you really must. There's no need to have this stuff on the forums.

With that said, good luck farming in the next few days.

Your right. Ty also :) good luck on your farming whenever u do it. Lol

Zzhohan
07-28-2011, 12:59 AM
*Yawn*

Redbridge
07-28-2011, 02:06 AM
in the words of a well known brain surgeon....

"No real need to bring the drama to the forums. Report/Ignore them, boot 'em and get back to having fun!" - Samhayne

Use the Ignore/Report functionality if you feel it's appropriate. The development team (STS) have full access to all the longs and will be able to prove the facts.... If someone scammed you they'll get banned. If you handed over your gear because you didn't check the trade then I suspect its a hard lesson to learn.

As for the two of you please take it somewhere else.... Or even better, put it behind you....

RioMage
07-28-2011, 02:39 AM
OMG COSTUM LEATHER RECIPE DROP!!! Anyone wanna buy???

Zbooo
07-28-2011, 02:42 AM
this is like a movie lol

Where my pop corn at?

Samhayne
07-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Use the Ignore/Report functionality if you feel it's appropriate. The development team (STS) have full access to all the longs and will be able to prove the facts.... If someone scammed you they'll get banned. If you handed over your gear because you didn't check the trade then I suspect its a hard lesson to learn.

Redbridge speaks the truth. If people are scamming, report them, we'll dig up the logs of what was said and if they are scamming, we'll ban their account and their device.

As for bringing this to the forums, there is no need. Use the in-game report feature, ignore the offending player. If you want to send additional information, write us via e-mail to support(at)spacetimestudios.com

Thread closed.