PDA

View Full Version : Why the PP is still better than the Arcane Pendant...

Zeus
05-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Hello,

I've recently obtained both of these amulets but even after the recent buff, I've noticed that the planar pendant simply outperforms it's counterpart, the arcane pendant. The reason being is the proc, massive amount of health gain, and the discontinued jewels set into the amulet.

Here's the thing, as my planar pendant is set with 3 enchanted eyes, to use the arcane pendant, it is close to a 500 HP loss to me. If I want to use the str pendant to help alleviate that issue, then I pay the price with extremely low mana. So, the health and mana values are too low on the new arcane pendant and need to be pumped up accordingly. I'm not saying to give the arcane pendant more primary, because that is what got us into issues with the planar pendant in the first place, but at least the health and mana values should be tremendously increase. Otherwise, the arcane pendant really does not outperform the planar pendant.

Secondly, the proc. The proc of the planar pendant grants crystals, which in turn grant armor, primary, and crit. This further increases the ability to take damage while dishing out damage. The arcane pendant, on the other hand, just gives a few measly ticks of DoT and some heal return. It does not compensate!

So, I hope the developers can seriously look over the arcane pendant...I don't believe a nerf for planar pendant is right, because these nerfs to classes and buffs to elites have all been made because of the gear. So, the solution is to fix the pendant with static values that will not end up being OP as time goes on.

Here's what I suggest happen:

Buff up mana and hp levels of the pendant tremendously, then write in code similar to the arcane ring that will decrease those as a character levels past 56. This insures that good stats can be given but also makes room for the next item that will replace it.

RYYUKK
05-07-2016, 10:57 AM
Exquisite nature to rescue!!

Zeus
05-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Exquisite nature to rescue!!

Even with exquisite nature, you still lose on stats. It's going to take a lot to beat any premium gemmed planar pendants.

Para_Main
05-07-2016, 11:01 AM
Can i upgrade the new amulet with Para Gems or not?

RYYUKK
05-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Even with exquisite nature, you still lose on stats. It's going to take a lot to beat any premium gemmed planar pendants.

Was a awesome joke i know those jewels really sucks

Hercules
05-07-2016, 11:34 AM
That happen when STS only want boost the value of lockeds Cryo. I think all is good with an arcane amulet very easy TO GET for passable stats compared to the way they did the farm to get planar pendant and the AMAZING stats xD

Kaziscate
05-07-2016, 11:40 AM
The thing with the planar pendant is that it is meant to be used for all 3 classes. This is why the pendant has "versatility" stats (involves all 3 primary stats). The Cryoworm Heart/Brooch is lacking this. The stats "try" to gain versatility stats by having the health,mana,and crit stats. That is fine,though I'd like to see the Arcane Pendant have Versatility stats too,but keep in mind that StS have the Arcane Pendant's stats like this because they don't want the power curve to be too insanely OP like the Arcane Ring and Planar Pendant again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zerofort
05-07-2016, 12:01 PM
Is this the upgraded lvl 54 version you're speaking of zues?

chrizplague
05-07-2016, 12:06 PM
Is this the upgraded lvl 54 version you're speaking of zues?

Lv52 is a reg arcane pend while the lv54 has the proc.

Deathlyreaper
05-07-2016, 12:34 PM
Yes buff arcane pendant for rog and Mage the warrior seems fine

diexdie
05-07-2016, 12:41 PM
Much drama

Sent from my EVERCOSS A65 using Tapatalk

msustro
05-07-2016, 01:13 PM
I don't think boosting mana makes sense for all classes (as a mage, I have plenty of mana for example), so at least a primary stat boost would be more equitable versus picking an individual boost to mana or health or armor etc. I'd rather have armor than mana but rogues might not.

I have the INT/STR brooch and barely notice the proc. It sounds like we all agree that it needs to be something with a bigger impact, whether to ourself or the enemy!

msustro
<Time Keepers>

Kaziscate
05-07-2016, 03:13 PM
The thing is is that we focus too much on damage that we forget about the other aspects of the items. The proc for arcane pendant is like Shady and Surge's Arcane Ability in my opinion. I mean the arcane pendant heals and dishes out about 300-340 damage per tick and sns dishes out about 400-500 damage (yeah its a bit less) and heals for a similar value to the arcane pendant and we all know how powerful that can be. Also,the Planar Pendant's proc is class based so its most likely that you will only have 1 person in your party that has the planar pendant so you will probably only get,for example, crit. In my opinion, the pendant seems perfectly fine.

Kingofninjas
05-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Exquisite Water jewels xD. It's cheaper than nature jewels.

On a more serious note, does the skill damage difference make up for this at all?

Kakashis
05-08-2016, 06:41 PM
Hello,

I've recently obtained both of these amulets but even after the recent buff, I've noticed that the planar pendant simply outperforms it's counterpart, the arcane pendant. The reason being is the proc, massive amount of health gain, and the discontinued jewels set into the amulet.

Here's the thing, as my planar pendant is set with 3 enchanted eyes, to use the arcane pendant, it is close to a 500 HP loss to me. If I want to use the str pendant to help alleviate that issue, then I pay the price with extremely low mana. So, the health and mana values are too low on the new arcane pendant and need to be pumped up accordingly. I'm not saying to give the arcane pendant more primary, because that is what got us into issues with the planar pendant in the first place, but at least the health and mana values should be tremendously increase. Otherwise, the arcane pendant really does not outperform the planar pendant.

Secondly, the proc. The proc of the planar pendant grants crystals, which in turn grant armor, primary, and crit. This further increases the ability to take damage while dishing out damage. The arcane pendant, on the other hand, just gives a few measly ticks of DoT and some heal return. It does not compensate!

So, I hope the developers can seriously look over the arcane pendant...I don't believe a nerf for planar pendant is right, because these nerfs to classes and buffs to elites have all been made because of the gear. So, the solution is to fix the pendant with static values that will not end up being OP as time goes on.

Here's what I suggest happen:

Buff up mana and hp levels of the pendant tremendously, then write in code similar to the arcane ring that will decrease those as a character levels past 56. This insures that good stats can be given but also makes room for the next item that will replace it.

I couldn't agree more. This new Arcane Pendent even after the buff feels underwhelming. I basically traded off many aspects for 40 damage which is kind of negligible past 1k damage. It's kind of like buying that new PS4 only to have the games that are available on it to be horrible. The new Arcane pendent needs to have stats that can not be surpassed by a Planar Pendent with full eye gems on it. We're going to see players with Planar amulets with Para gems and eyes until next season if the new one isn't improved upon more.