PDA

View Full Version : Wow...

Ineedgold
05-07-2016, 05:01 PM
I said "gay" in the chat and got mutted for 5 minutes... Really sts?

Trenton
05-07-2016, 05:15 PM
Yeah I don't believe you can say anything LGBT oriented

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ineedgold
05-07-2016, 05:26 PM
and why that ? if the desire of sts was to prohibit these words to avoid insults against these people, I think it's not best solution. For me, it 's more discriminating than helpfull

Fyrce
05-07-2016, 07:05 PM
What would be helpful? Let the kids bully as much as they want to? Because the kids really love to bully. There is nothing they like better than bullying, unless it is whining about being bullied.

Donquixoth
05-07-2016, 07:21 PM
That lucky, I type .... Gold and get banned forever -_- .

oekeone
05-07-2016, 07:50 PM
What would be helpful? Let the kids bully as much as they want to? Because the kids really love to bully. There is nothing they like better than bullying, unless it is whining about being bullied.

what about the word "sex"? you can actually say that word without getting muted....

kinzmet
05-07-2016, 08:04 PM
The problem with the word censorship with me is, some words in my native language contains those prohibited words. When I talk to my friends I sometimes forget it was prohibited, it may mean someting offensive in english of it had different meaning for us. It is really a hassle specially when your not really used in talking in english.

Zeazimeh
05-07-2016, 09:56 PM
The problem with the word censorship with me is, some words in my native language contains those prohibited words. When I talk to my friends I sometimes forget it was prohibited, it may mean someting offensive in english of it had different meaning for us. It is really a hassle specially when your not really used in talking in english.
Yup same here i got muted twice in a day without intending to say anything bad

konafez
05-07-2016, 10:30 PM
I got muted one day for saying someone's name

bonjovi3223
05-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Name pls ;)

Schnitzel
05-07-2016, 11:17 PM
Probably muted because they people *cough* 12year olds *cough* would go around calling everything and everyone with the word.

konafez
05-07-2016, 11:40 PM
Name pls ;)

His name was titanslayer I tend to abreveate and call people by the first three letters of there name ..so ......yeh I was not even thinking about it till I got muted

Hail
05-08-2016, 12:16 AM
Oh well.. just use happy instead

Faliziaga
05-08-2016, 01:39 AM
haha same here, I got at least muted 50 times for saying the word " big, fat, swollen, thick " in my language, but I think we don't have to worry about consequences

Oezheasate
05-08-2016, 06:26 AM
haha same here, I got at least muted 50 times for saying the word " big, fat, swollen, thick " in my language, but I think we don't have to worry about consequences

Big fat swollen thick? I dont wanna know what you guys where talking about >_>

Faliziaga
05-08-2016, 04:09 PM
50 times over the last years lol , just wanted to say that I still forget that I get muted when I type this ( innocent ) word in my language, and when the mute comes I facepalm . I think they do check chat before ban?

thekragle
05-08-2016, 05:11 PM
One thing that might help is if the system would tell you what you said that got you muted. This would help those who just dont know that something is offensive or a explitive in another language/culture.
Can Sts implement this into the mute system? Dunno, but it would be nice.

Btw, just because someone doesnt think a word is offensive doesn't mean it isn't.

Rehired
05-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Lol in PL the beginning of peoples name had censored words and I would abbreviate their name to say "Go" in pvp and I'd get muted.

acewasabi
05-08-2016, 10:00 PM
were you using the word gay in a derogatory sense? if so: it is people like you that mean the word has to be muted. it's the year 2016, how about getting with the programme?

acewasabi
05-08-2016, 10:02 PM
and why that ? if the desire of sts was to prohibit these words to avoid insults against these people, I think it's not best solution. For me, it 's more discriminating than helpfull

and tell me, genius, what is the solution then? cos it seems like you're the problem... and IRONIC that you find it 'discriminating' that you're not allowed to use discriminatory language?? *facepalm*

konafez
05-08-2016, 10:17 PM
and tell me, genius, what is the solution then? cos it seems like you're the problem... and IRONIC that you find it 'discriminating' that you're not allowed to use discriminatory language?? *facepalm*

I agree, using words like this is the same as using slurs about peoples race/gender/country of origin

Its all hate speech

Java
08-10-2016, 10:54 PM
The word 'gay' is descriptive of a sexual orientation. When used properly as an adjective in this way, it is not hate speech. When it's used to describe something that is weird, stupid or dumb, that's when it becomes offensive. The censorship system doesn't account for context of its use. With that in mind, let's not assume to know the context in which the OP used it. Thus perpetuating bad behavior.

Psychoism
08-10-2016, 11:04 PM
You should know the meaning of the words before you saying/chatting.

Suentous PO
08-10-2016, 11:35 PM
The word 'gay' is descriptive of a sexual orientation. When used properly as an adjective in this way, it is not hate speech. When it's used to describe something that is weird, stupid or dumb, that's when it becomes offensive.

Sorry, respectfully disagree.
Nothing is offensive until ppl choose to take offense. I'm not vanilla, "gay" doesn't offend me. the current culture of victimization and virtue signaling by offence bother me more than free speech.
"Gay" ppl also say "that's gay".
Free speech is dangerous. Dangerous is smexy.
Live free :)

Java
08-10-2016, 11:43 PM
Sorry, respectfully disagree.
Nothing is offensive until ppl choose to take offense. I'm not vanilla, "gay" doesn't offend me. the current culture of victimization and virtue signaling by offence bother me more than free speech.
"Gay" ppl also say "that's gay".
Free speech is dangerous. Dangerous is smexy.
Live free :)
I agree, was trying to make the point from a "2 sides of a coin" pov. Words aren't hateful, people are. You can't allow a word to have that much power over you. It's become a ridiculous world in which we live in. History is being rewritten to remove "offensive" words. Statutes of historical figures are being torn down. It's all quite silly. Our grandparents lived thru the great depression and world wars, what they must think of us....hurt by words, eh?

Zeus
08-10-2016, 11:53 PM
This is the second thread of this kind by the OP in 2-3 months. Last one got deleted.

Just pointing that out.

It's the same thread I believe.

Suentous PO
08-10-2016, 11:59 PM
I agree, was trying to make the point from a "2 sides of a coin" pov. Words aren't hateful, people are. You can't allow a word to have that much power over you. It's become a ridiculous world in which we live in. History is being rewritten to remove "offensive" words. Statutes of historical figures are being torn down. It's all quite silly. Our grandparents lived thru the great depression and world wars, what they must think of us....hurt by words, eh?

Lmao- no doubt
One day me and my brother were looking at picture book of the Great Depression and and granddad looked over our shoulders and said,
" that was the greatest time of my life"
We looked at him all screw faced and he said
"You knew what mattered, family and friends period, & you did what you could for them. That's it"
Idk how that made sense to this idiot kid but..

Edit-
Oh yeah, and I'm not denying that this is sts game and it's their duty to make a game where ppl are not harassed ofc, but I like to play devils advocate
Lel

Coalhouse
08-11-2016, 08:59 AM
This is a month old, the other one was before elondrian event around the time of goblin event.

Unless I'm mistaken >_< I had posted on that thread, on how words like this can be influential on pre-teens and teens and 99% sure that thread either got a love-lock-down-uh-love-down(sorry Taylor) or a delete.

The thread was started on "05-07-2016". This is not (as one might think) the 5th July but the 7th May. Being in Texas, they put the date in the "American" format. How this format was derived however, I do not know.

Incidentally, I once got muted for typing "pussycat". That isn't even the slightest bit rude here.

konafez
08-11-2016, 09:20 AM
The thread was started on "05-07-2016". This is not (as one might think) the 5th July but the 7th May. Being in Texas, they put the date in the "American" format. How this format was derived however, I do not know.

The reason we format date month/day/year is the numbers go from smallest to largest

The month max number is 12 the day max number is 31 and the year max number is..well we don't know that one yet..

Back on topic . Words have as much power as you give them. My grandfather battalion in ww2 helped liberate a concentration camp .he saw the horrors humanity is capable of. And its still illegal in 11 country's to be gay. And people in those countries experience atrocities every day

So yes..I call hate speech on this one

Coalhouse
08-11-2016, 09:39 AM
The reason we format date month/day/year is the numbers go from smallest to largest

The month max number is 12 the day max number is 31 and the year max number is..well we don't know that one yet..

Back on topic . Words have as much power as you give them. My grandfather battalion in ww2 helped liberate a concentration camp .he saw the horrors humanity is capable of. And its still illegal in 11 country's to be gay. And people in those countries experience atrocities every day

So yes..I call hate speech on this one

I had not considered this. However, it does mean that the numbers represent "month-day-year", rather than "day-month-year" which is the logical pattern used by the rest of the world.

Suentous PO
08-11-2016, 10:14 AM
I had not considered this. However, it does mean that the numbers represent "month-day-year", rather than "day-month-year" which is the logical pattern used by the rest of the world.

We don't take kindly to logic round heyuh. Keep yer fancy metric system too!!

Trenton
08-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Still a sore issue, you can call someone a damn *** but you can't say the word gay while not being derogatory

EDIT: surprisingly enough the forums mute the word a** but the game doesn't

Justg
08-11-2016, 11:04 AM
There is always a way around chat filters, just as there will always be people who use words in a hateful fashion. Our goal is to allow communication as freely as possible while protecting the play experience of our population as much as possible. The implementation is not perfect by any means, but we are doing our best with it.

Coalhouse
08-11-2016, 12:12 PM
We don't take kindly to logic round heyuh. Keep yer fancy metric system too!!

I am very happy for you to continue to use the "Imperial System". I do myself when precision is not necessary :-)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_units

Faliziaga
08-11-2016, 12:53 PM
Still a sore issue, you can call someone a damn *** but you can't say the word gay while not being derogatory

EDIT: surprisingly enough the forums mute the word a** but the game doesn't

A while ago I had issues with a word in my language and I got muted for it all the time. Then I pmmed Remiem and she might have taken it off the mute list. The word is 'dass', meaning 'that'.

JesuisCharlie
08-11-2016, 01:11 PM
I think only the words "****"must be forbiden because americans use it for all and it seem hurt them badly. Then if the leveling stuffs isnt allowed anymore its good the support will have more time to check reports from insults. Regarding the word "gay", well you made a thread because you got muted 5minuts? I dont like the mute system either but after 6years they never changed anything.

Coalhouse
08-11-2016, 03:00 PM
You can check what the format for the forums date system is be checking on the date for forums posts from yesterday. This thread seems to be created last month. OP had created another thread 2-3 months ago along the same lines.

Off topic: here be a meme

I have checked, again. I can confirm that the statement I made in post #31 is correct.

Trenton
08-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Mb I should have checked other threads.

I lost a post on this thread(and a few hundred more since the last forum database update), that had me confused e.e
Made in May

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160811/7ac5b3e4af6ebd65b274d4d4ccaebd9a.jpg