BestHyun
06-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Are pinks dropping too often in oasis?!

Elfche
06-11-2010, 11:06 PM
not to mention they are crap...

Esus
06-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Don't complain, it will keep the gold prices down so ppl aren't charging an arm and a leg for stuff

Advance
06-12-2010, 12:41 AM
I believe the devs were so tired that they put 50 instead of 5 in the pink drop rate stat.

In all seriousess though, something has to be done about this.
Getting top pinks was ridiculously easy before, now it seems like a three year olds game.
Implement some kind of glass ceiling already.

-Adv

Elfche
06-12-2010, 12:49 AM
they just did... supposedly the new patch fixes it! I played 2 games... 2 pinks... sounds good ROFL

Advance
06-12-2010, 12:51 AM
That's not good enough.
Simply reducing the drop rate won't change the fact that there are already way too many oasis pinks out there already.
I would suggest a server wide roll back, but I'm pretty sure alot of people would be against me on this.

-Adv

Elfche
06-12-2010, 12:53 AM
LOL... go check the stats on the pinks... they suck! the only good ones I have are from the first hour or so before the first patch which are lv 41-45 (and I can't use them so it doesn't matter)

Advance
06-12-2010, 01:11 AM
I realize that, however there is still enough 40+ stuff from the first hour tht it will still make a big impact on the shaky econemy we have already.

Dizko
06-12-2010, 01:13 AM

Furrawn
06-12-2010, 04:08 AM
LOL... go check the stats on the pinks... they suck! the only good ones I have are from the first hour or so before the first patch which are lv 41-45 (and I can't use them so it doesn't matter)

I agree- the stats suck...
People aren't gonna be buying them... Or using most of them....

Royce
06-12-2010, 04:24 AM
Yeah, I hope the new gear gets upgraded. Most of what I've found is inferior to my swamp gear. The best stuff I have is identical to the swamp gear with like 2 additional armor. It's very cool looking gear, but the stats are a disappointment. If I wasn't so sick of looking at my character in the same stuff, I would still be wearing my mamboza gear.

As for the drop rate, yeah it's probably too high, although the patch seems to have been a significant improvement.

Esus
06-12-2010, 11:21 AM
I really like the drop rates as they are in AO. Are you all serious about wanting to spend hours or days farming levels for gear and only getting junk whites and greys? I mean comon people this is a moble game, not a PC Mmorpg, if yhats your sclice of pie, to spend countless hours hunting for good gear, go play WoW or another game. The whole nerfed drop rates was a huge problem with the swamps, and I had many friends stop playing because of it.

Pleasure_Pirate
06-12-2010, 12:36 PM
I really like the drop rates as they are in AO. Are you all serious about wanting to spend hours or days farming levels for gear and only getting junk whites and greys? I mean comon people this is a moble game, not a PC Mmorpg, if yhats your sclice of pie, to spend countless hours hunting for good gear, go play WoW or another game. The whole nerfed drop rates was a huge problem with the swamps, and I had many friends stop playing because of it.

I want to have to work for my gear.. Why play the game if everyone can have the 'best' gear in an hour of farming AO? Where's the reward system then? And what is the gear worth... To that extent, what does the PL economy consist of right now other than gold and gear? Pinks should be much, much harder to get than they are right now.

And Advance, I would be in agreement with you on the rollback except for the fact that 95% of pinks are junk, so nobody will buy them.

Royce
06-12-2010, 12:57 PM
I want to have to work for my gear.. Why play the game if everyone can have the 'best' gear in an hour of farming AO? Where's the reward system then?

Exactly. If everyone can easily get all the best gear, then what's the point of being a hardcore player. The drop rate does seem a little better since the patches, and I'm not too worried about it now, but it was way to pink heavy at first.

Staffed
06-12-2010, 01:04 PM
We could to a mass recall of all desert pinks! a new trader in town could buy them for 5k each!

jk that wouldnt work at all

Esus
06-12-2010, 01:08 PM
First off this is a moble game geared towards to people who pick it up and play for an hour or so. If you want a much harder challenge go play a Mmorpg geared towards harcore players. Just because your a hardcore player doesn't mean everybody is, and I for one don't like having to play for hours or days just to see one legendary item drop. I'll beat the dead horse and oppose to making this game strickly for hardcore players. I'm not right and neither are you. If you want a real challenge go teach yourself a second or third language or teach your dog how to do some epic trick.

Pleasure_Pirate
06-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Spacetime has stated before that they want PL geared towards both casual and hardcore players.

vulgarstrike
06-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm hardcore, but I want some money to supply my potion aediction and crappy items won't cut it, which is why. I'm selling pinks for around 10k right now... is that a good price? also, i found archer helms are better at purple stage really.

vulgarstrike
06-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I'll beat the dead horse and oppose to making this game strickly for hardcore players. I'm not right and neither are you. If you want a real challenge go teach yourself a second or third language or teach your dog how to do some epic trick.

I know three languages and my dog knows how to do a flip.

satisfied, I WANT MORE HARDCORE!!!! xD
please?

PvP
06-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Almost everyone has complianed about the pink's stats. A.) - This is meant to be for Part II which will hopefully drop amazing new armor...(doubt it) or B.) - The devs simply didn't put it into porportion..And since everyone is complaining I hope it will be fixed. They have done it in the past where they fix pinks or add new ones. Simple solution, just needs to get done.

BestHyun
06-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Don't complain, it will keep the gold prices down so ppl aren't charging an arm and a leg for stuff

Obviously you don't take this seriously. Don't you realize that this inconsistency in drop rates is an issue? And your analogy fails, there are arms nor legs right now, just scraps of common pinks that half of em we can't use lol. And as I recall, this is the correct forum to give complaints.

Esus
06-12-2010, 03:15 PM
I'm reffering to the insanely high prices for pink gear from the swamps. Charging 75-100k gold for any item is just plain out greedy. It's just one huge problem with that in towne. And before you even ask, No, I have never sold an item or traded one for more than 20-25k.

Tullen666
06-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Im planning on liquidating all my lev 41's if they dont get changed to a lower lev cos they are useless and worse than most of the grays. ahahah

Esus
06-12-2010, 03:42 PM
I got a really good staff for mages that has really good dmg and m/s but it's for lvl 43...I wish that the lvl requirment could be lowered to 40, seeing as how it dropped in the 40 capped dungon :P

Advance
06-12-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm reffering to the insanely high prices for pink gear from the swamps. Charging 75-100k gold for any item is just plain out greedy. It's just one huge problem with that in towne. And before you even ask, No, I have never sold an item or traded one for more than 20-25k.

Then why is it that some people purchase items at these prices then?
Without greed, we would be all happily sharing potions and gold and gear whenever we get them, no one would charge a cent for anything.

Sadly, that's not how people work.

I'm sure Tobi said this before, and I agree; "An item is only worth as much as the amount a person's willing to pay for it."

Bottom line is, I'm sick of hearing this OverPriced crap, not just from you, others as well.
If you don't like how a person prices something, feel free to look for a cheaper deal, or good luck hunting for it your self.

-Adv

Sayishere
06-12-2010, 06:23 PM
i looted some good items, not many though so i dunno

bmc85uk
06-13-2010, 12:41 AM
I haven't been playing this game long but it's refreshing to hear about high prices, so far I've not seen a huge amount of endgame items but I think they are overabundant.

I agree that the game could be made more hardcore, the fact is that to keep hardcore players interested you have to give them rewards to work towards that will distinguish them in game to show they worked hard to get where they are, if you don't want to farm stuff for hours on end to max out your character then quite simply you don't deserve to have the top end stuff that people who are willing deserve, it doesn't mean your character will be rubbish, just not the best, it's an rpg after all.

I've been hunting for something like this on the iPhone since I bought it and the proposed changes and potential are amazing, I'll take all the depth, grinding and frustrating loot hunting I can get, it can still be good enough for casual gamers as well as people like me who are prepared to go blind staring at a 3 in screen for hours on end.

Long live pocket legends!
I can only hope they bring in non instanced zones that aren't tiny little corridoors, and some contested spawns with huge hp :-)