View Full Version : Potions and getting disconnected from server...

Furrawn
06-12-2010, 04:26 AM
Hey devs...

Twice today I got disconnected from the server right after I bought a potion... When I came back potion was gone both times. They also don't go to the next lvl if someone like me is dumb and buys one too near the end of the lvl.

Are you planning on revamping potions?

Oasis is great, btw!

Royce
06-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Good points. I fortunately have not had this happen, but know a few other people who lost their pricey elixers when the servers went down. Even though we seem to get system warnings in advance, you can't always catch them if they come just as you're getting drops or people are chatting. Also the warnings seem to start only 2 min in advance (or have I just never noticed earlier ones?), so you could still lose half an elixer if you bought it right before the message.

vulgarstrike
06-12-2010, 01:15 PM
warnings are 5 mnutes in advance so no time problem.

Furrawn
06-12-2010, 01:41 PM
warnings are 5 mnutes in advance so no time problem.

No- I mean when the server disconnects at times OTHER than an update...
I know about the chat window message for update disconnects. Though I don't think it's a five min warning- at least it doesn't seem like five min to me.

PvP
06-12-2010, 01:44 PM
I think its rediculous you lose potions on deaths. If its going to be like that, just make them 500g each...Its not really easy to earn 4.5k you can just blow off in 1 single game. Its rediculous.

vulgarstrike
06-12-2010, 01:45 PM
si seņor. maybe have a more expensive potion that doesn't go away when you die.

Furrawn
06-12-2010, 01:50 PM
I think its rediculous you lose potions on deaths. If its going to be like that, just make them 500g each...Its not really easy to earn 4.5k you can just blow off in 1 single game. Its rediculous.

I'm glad u mentioned it. It is absolutely ridiculous. I had just gotten one last night and we immediately hit Bastet the sand frogmar- I died. Potion ended without really even being used.

Devs? Are you reading this thread? Any changes maybe upcoming?

PvP
06-12-2010, 01:57 PM
I never buy them anymore solely for that reason. Not to mention they're far over-prcied even if they are pure steroids.

Furrawn
06-12-2010, 02:24 PM
I never buy them anymore solely for that reason. Not to mention they're far over-prcied even if they are pure steroids.

I agree wholeheartedly...
It's def a subject that could use a good response from the devs...

I prob should have let someone else post this thread since the devs don't tend to answer me personally like they do some... Maybe because they don't know me...
In a few days when this thread goes to another page, one of you could post a new thread about the potions?

PvP
06-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Justg asked what should be done about potions a while back. Soon after that, potions were changed. I just think a few more things need to be adressed.