PDA

View Full Version : URGENTLY Needed: Level 13 Notification

_ck
04-13-2010, 07:29 AM
There really, really needs to be some sort of in-game notification when people have reached level 13 to let them know to continue leveling up they need to buy the first map pack. I see way too many people, here, on other forums and especially in-game who ask about why they can't level up, and it seems to be a very serious issue because those who don't figure it out will probably think something is wrong and delete the game. I've seen plenty who have given the game a bad rating on the iTunes store too because they think it's a bug or something wrong with the game.

It should definitely not pop up right as you hit level 13 since you might be in the heat of battle, but in some way people need to be told very clearly that they need the first map pack to continue.

setec
04-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Along thoses lines, I see ppl in Towne asking how to start a quest. I know there is the New Game button in the middle but I guess some are not seeing that.

Jetshrike
04-13-2010, 07:36 AM
I completely agree with this. It should stop people making bug reports about it. :)

Dizko
04-13-2010, 07:52 AM
I saw that you have added an NPC that tells newbies that they need to buy the next pack to get past 13.

However it isn't working. I saw someone having a full on conversation with an NPC, asking why his name was blue, and how he could get a blue name.

I lol'd.

3n1Gm4
04-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Easy, just let everyone exp.. i think is a really bad idea to block the exp.. to play this game the first reason to play is exp.. lots of people dont like buy new maps (me too).. and without exp there is no more reason to play
and dont say me , no money no game.. because they can earn money in other ways: like special equipments, items or donations.. (Over topic: i suggestion to admins to add some enchants.. echant armor, enchant weapons etc etc and sell for money or harder drop rate from boss)

_ck
04-13-2010, 12:53 PM
I saw that you have added an NPC that tells newbies that they need to buy the next pack to get past 13.

However it isn't working. I saw someone having a full on conversation with an NPC, asking why his name was blue, and how he could get a blue name.

I lol'd.

I have to admit when I first started playing I didn't realize that they were NPCs (nor had I figured out that you could tap on them for information), so I do definitely think there needs to be something much more obvious to alert people that they've leveled as far as they can for free.

There's certainly always going to be people who won't get it no matter what, like people in towne asking how to start a game when there's a New Game button right in front of their nose.. But a level 13 notification is sorely needed I think to not drive away people from the game if they don't realize that it isn't a bug.

_ck
04-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Easy, just let everyone exp.. i think is a really bad idea to block the exp.. to play this game the first reason to play is exp.. lots of people dont like buy new maps (me too).. and without exp there is no more reason to play
and dont say me , no money no game.. because they can earn money in other ways: like special equipments, items or donations.. (Over topic: i suggestion to admins to add some enchants.. echant armor, enchant weapons etc etc and sell for money or harder drop rate from boss)

I think if you can afford an iPhone or an iPod touch you can afford to play this game too. I mean, going to a movie costs anything from $8-20, and that's for two hours of entertainment and nothing else.

Justg
04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
There really, really needs to be some sort of in-game notification when people have reached level 13 to let them know to continue leveling up they need to buy the first map pack. I see way too many people, here, on other forums and especially in-game who ask about why they can't level up, and it seems to be a very serious issue because those who don't figure it out will probably think something is wrong and delete the game. I've seen plenty who have given the game a bad rating on the iTunes store too because they think it's a bug or something wrong with the game.

We COMPLETELY agree and are implementing some things to help guide players through this with the next client push.

Morlok
04-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Thank you Admins for reading these suggestions and taking them seriously.