PDA

View Full Version : still some words that get past the filter

Matutd
07-30-2011, 08:02 PM
i noticed words like (i quote) a$$ (with $ replaced with s) and bellend get past the filter :mad:
plz if anybody knows any other words that sneak past the filter like this post and hopefully devs can remove them from the game :)
I mean no harm and hope this thread can be deleted after a week or so. i just want more of the swear words out of the game :D

Plz dont ban me for this thread i just want to get rid of the swear words

Mennddoza
07-30-2011, 08:05 PM
thats funny hahahahah :)

Matutd
07-30-2011, 08:08 PM
what is funny?
i just hate people calling me on pl lol and im sure others do too

Mennddoza
07-30-2011, 08:11 PM
people call u ***?? If this really disturbs please report them!

JaytB
07-30-2011, 08:12 PM
A thread, asking devs to TIGHTEN the mute filter even more O.o

I had to check if this wasn't the 'be sarcastic to the person above you' thread... And I don't mean that in a bad way :)

Matutd
07-30-2011, 08:12 PM
it doesnt really disturb me lol :p
but it kinda winds me up that people cant play the game without being offensive to others

Matutd
07-30-2011, 08:14 PM
A thread, asking devs to TIGHTEN the mute filter even more O.o

I had to check if this wasn't the 'be sarcastic to the person above you' thread... And I don't mean that in a bad way :)
lol if u guys are better with it how it is i can delete this thread :)

JaytB
07-30-2011, 08:17 PM
lol if u guys are better with it how it is i can delete this thread :)

You can't. You could send a PM to samhayne or thade with the request to remove this thread, if you really want to :)

Matutd
07-30-2011, 08:19 PM
You can't. You could send a PM to samhayne or thade with the request to remove this thread, if you really want to :)
im sure it will be removed soon anyway lol. but if ppl are happy with how it already is im sorry

JaytB
07-30-2011, 08:22 PM
im sure it will be removed soon anyway lol. but if ppl are happy with how it already is im sorry

No need to be sorry buddy. You're allowed to voice your opinion on the forum in a constructive way, which you did :)

Ellyidol
07-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Report them, you can't filter out every single "possible" curse word because people who really want to curse or use vulgarity will find ways to manipulate the word. The human brain is smart enough to put together words even if they aren't exactly what they seem, case in point :

http://scienceavenger.blogspot.com/2007/12/cambridge-word-scramble-study-its-fake.html
(http://scienceavenger.blogspot.com/2007/12/cambridge-word-scramble-study-its-fake.html)
True or not, you get the point :)

IMO, reporting these types of players should be enough to give them a ban. They clearly want to curse.

Ellyidol
07-30-2011, 08:28 PM
There's a gear description that says kick-a$$ flame job or something like that. ( for fiery leathers, or something like that...) Just like the bastard sword, get what I'm saying? (Hope they don't delete this comment) O.o

The other word for "butt" isn't only a bad word, it's a type of donkey :p

A bastard isn't a bad word either, but its use can be depicted as one.

IMO, filtering these words would start a "slippery slope", when do they stop? There are countless words that could be interpreted as inappropriate or malicious, it's the context that matters :)

Matutd
07-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Report them, you can't filter out every single "possible" curse word because people who really want to curse or use vulgarity will find ways to manipulate the word. The human brain is smart enough to put together words even if they aren't exactly what they seem, case in point :

http://scienceavenger.blogspot.com/2007/12/cambridge-word-scramble-study-its-fake.html
(http://scienceavenger.blogspot.com/2007/12/cambridge-word-scramble-study-its-fake.html)
True or not, you get the point :)

IMO, reporting these types of players should be enough to give them a ban. They clearly want to curse.
lol sorry but i cant be bothered reading all of that lol, but i get the idea :) ill just report them next time :)
also what does IMO mean?

Ellyidol
07-30-2011, 08:30 PM
lol sorry but i cant be bothered reading all of that lol, but i get the idea :) ill just report them next time :)
also what does IMO mean?

In my opinion :)

And that's a better choice, ignore + report = better PL life.

Hankomachos
07-30-2011, 08:33 PM
There's a gear description that says kick-a$$ flame job or something like that. ( for fiery leathers, or something like that...) Just like the bastard sword, get what I'm saying? (Hope they don't delete this comment) O.o

Did I just say "something like that" twice? Shame on me; I need more of a vocabulary! >_<

Matutd
07-30-2011, 08:34 PM
In my opinion :)

And that's a better choice, ignore + report = better PL life.
thanks for the advice and im probably going to go for the reporting idea, because like u said some words are not meant to be swear words but the context in which they are used is offensive