PDA

View Full Version : Untouched SP

Starcommando
07-30-2011, 08:31 PM
I have all 3 characters at Lv20, without using any Skill Points, can someone suggest what skills I should go for with these characters?

Physiologic
07-30-2011, 08:32 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30685-Comprehensive-Operative-Skills-and-Equipment-Guide

Ellyidol
07-30-2011, 08:35 PM
If SL/PL had the achievements feature, that'd surely be one.

Starcommando
07-31-2011, 05:49 AM
Lol, just didn't want to make a mistake and respec all 3 characters. It's quite simply with Engineers, as a supporter in the group, it's best to have heal and buff skills, then with the left-over SP use on damaging skills. But with Commando and Operative, I wouldn't know. Maybe knock-back skills, mixed-in with ???

Starcommando
07-31-2011, 06:47 AM
Having looked at your description, Physiologic, it is my understanding that Psychic Lash, Blur and Sympathetic Anguish have no use in my Skills Build. I would rather invest points in the others, that way my Operative will be the best for how I play. I will consider ‘Respecing’ (taking Inner Focus away) when Credit is more easily to come-by and I will have at least 1k Stims/Powerpacks. Inner Focus is useless in my opinion. Why waste at least 1SP on it when you can wait for your Health/Energy to heal? On the other hand, I find it useful at this moment in time, not having many Stims. On a later-note, I will not be using it. Thanks for your help ;)

Physiologic
07-31-2011, 09:09 AM
DoT spells atm are pretty useless since most enemies dies almost instantly, so yes Psychic Lash is pretty useless. Blur may prove to be useful at higher leveled and harder campaigns, but again its not that useful atm. So yes you need not invest any points in these skills yet. However I do think that Symp Anguish should have points invested in it because it is by far the most damaging attack for an Operative (as of Beta version). That combined with an extra chance for DoT damage does give it an edge in boss fights.

But all in all, the most optimal skill build will always be changing especially now, as skills that are useless now may be useful later, and skills such as Inner Focus may be useless later. I would really say there's no real perfect skill build atm :banana:

Lucilulu
08-01-2011, 08:49 AM
DoT spells atm are pretty useless since most enemies dies almost instantly, so yes Psychic Lash is pretty useless. Blur may prove to be useful at higher leveled and harder campaigns, but again its not that useful atm. So yes you need not invest any points in these skills yet. However I do think that Symp Anguish should have points invested in it because it is by far the most damaging attack for an Operative (as of Beta version). That combined with an extra chance for DoT damage does give it an edge in boss fights.

But all in all, the most optimal skill build will always be changing especially now, as skills that are useless now may be useful later, and skills such as Inner Focus may be useless later. I would really say there's no real perfect skill build atm :banana:

I completely agree. I would go so far as to say we may see so many changes to the way the skills (and the attributes for that matter) are calculated with the many updates that are sure to follow the live release it may be prudent to hold off respecting until we see were the devs ultimately decide go with both skills and attributes concerning all classes, hopefully the first few weeks will give us a good idea.