PDA

View Full Version : Elections in Arlor! | Sign Up Thread

Seoratrek
05-14-2016, 03:55 PM
The time has to come - to vote for your first President of Arlor! If you think you have what it takes to combat tough problems, we need you!

PROCESS:

Debate 1/Voting 1 - topics chosen by the community and public vote; the top five (5) will move on to the next round
Debate 2/Voting 2 - topics chosen by the community and public vote; the top three (3) will be eligible for prizes, with 1st place pair becoming your President* and Vice President*

For Debates 1 and 2, I will PM the prompts (after chosen by the community) to the candidates and have them respond privately. After all have responded or if the time has run out, I will post a PUBLIC poll with their responses for which the community will vote on. Anyone suspected of cheating will be disqualified. Should any cheating occur for debate 2/voting 2, the participant will be disqualified and the next highest vote count (aka 4th place) will replace them. Spacetime reserves the right to amend these rules as appropriate.

*This is just for fun. It will not come with any special powers, responsibilities etc.

If you are interesting in running for office, please do the following:

Fill out the Statement of Candidacy form.
List your running mate - your Vice President.
List at least two (2) current issues in Arlor and explain how you would solve them.

Use the template below - and make sure it is forum appropriate!

STATEMENT OF CANDIDACY

Name of Candidate:
Party Affiliation:
Office Sough: Presidential
Name of Committee (In Full):

--

RUNNING MATE

--

CURRENT ISSUES

-----

Sample Entry:

STATEMENT OF CANDIDACY

Name of Candidate: Seoratrek
Party Affiliation: Mod
Name of Committee (In Full): Seo for Prez, 2016

--

RUNNING MATE

Kaylin

--

CURRENT ISSUES

Food deficit for Pets - there is a lack of enough food for all of our pets. To solve this I will initiate a law that converts parts Tindirin into farmland.
Environment Cleanup - there has been some pollution in the docks of Windmoore. I will address this issue by setting up a committee to preserve the natural environment surrounding the Windmoore community.

DEADLINE:

You must sign up by Monday, May 23, 2016 at 6:00PM PDT. This will be determined by the time stamp on your forum post.

PRIZES:
For each pair:

1st Place: A special forum signature created by Seoratrek* and 75 Platinum

*Offered designs:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=151318&d=1463433058 http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=151319&d=1463433066 http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=151320&d=1463433075

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=151321&d=1463433086 http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=151322&d=1463433093 http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=151323&d=1463433103

2nd Place: 50 Platinum

3rd Place: 25 Platinum

Seoratrek
05-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Who can run?
A: Anyone! Just make sure that when you enter, be sure to post your In-Game Name as your "Name of Candidate"

Q: When signing up, how do we choose what current issues to talk about?
A: You can just come up with anything - creativity is key!

What is the difference between Name of Candidate and Name of Committee?
A: The Name of Candidate will be your In-Game Name (IGN). The Name of Committee is what you want to call your campaign - be creative! (and forum appropriate)

Q: Do I have to have a running mate?
A: Yes, only one (1)

Q: How do I choose my running mate?
A: Ask any of your friends or ask in the discussion thread.

Q: Does my running mate have to have a forum account to participate?
A: No, however you might find it easier to coordinate via PM here.

Q: Do I, the candidate, have to have a forum account to participate?
A: Yes.

Q: How exactly will the debates work?
A: After the community has chosen the two topics, I will PM both the running mate and candidate with the prompt. From there you and your running mate will have to coordinate an answer by the deadline. If you do not respond by the deadline you will be considered as a "drop out" and will not be considered for the voting.

Q: For the debate, can we "talk smack" or "trash talk" about our competitors?
A: No. All discussion must remain civil and appropriate. Focus on your strengths as a candidate. Any rude content will be moderated and is subject to disqualification.

Q: How exactly will the voting work?
A: After the candidates have responded, I will create a new thread with a poll for which the community (and the candidates) can vote on. There will be a deadline for the vote and the top 5 (for round 1) and top 3 (round 2) will move onto the next round. The votes will be PUBLIC in order to discourage dummy account voting. Spacetime reserves the right to adjust the polls if there is any suspected foul play.

konafez
05-15-2016, 05:49 PM
Name of candidate : konafefez

Party affiliation: cake party

Office sought: President

Name of committee: make arlor cake, again!

Running mate: coffeegirl

Current issues: making Knox get a permit for his Stargate in the basement and providing cake for arlorians everywhere

Hail
05-16-2016, 01:58 AM
Name of Candidate: Hail

Party Affiliation: Anti-Cake Party

Office Sought: President

Name of Committee: Burn the Bakery!

Running mate: Befs

Current issues:
-Illegal Pet fights being held 'Underground' in Glintstone Cavern maps. What WE must do to stop Koregar Goretusk from the continuation of this cruelty against animals.
-The ever-depreciating capacity of Arlors food stocks in regards to this coming winter.

Hoardseeker
05-16-2016, 03:10 AM
Name of the Candidate : Hoardseeker ( Hoardy in Short)

Party Affiliation : French Fries Party

Office Sought:President

Name of the Commitee : Digitals

Running Mate: Ruizhe

Current Issues :
- Overflow of Cake in Arlor : Shortage of Food, Overflow of Cake in Arlor . Arlorians are sick of Eating Cake thrice a Day , Even Pets don't get Happy by Feeding Cakes , We need to Ship those french fries in Arlor and #BurntheBakery

-Make those Poor People rich : A Case will be filed against Sir spendsalot for making Fake Visual Vanities that looks like it actually drops gold . Arlorians fell for the trap and lost their gold.

herculeans
05-16-2016, 05:20 AM
Name of candidate:xxxdrakexxx

party affiliation: chicken nuggets party(naked dance party at paradise with chicken nuggets)

office sought: president

name of committee: justice league

running mate:hanjackson

current issues:
-mages have been cheated for years we want to know who are we ( ;( gender) she or male or she male

-sir spendsalot will be put behind bars for calling my golem set nd ghost set as stinky cloth , personal dispute(maybe he needs a eye test)he will be given a eye treatment

-beastmaster's vest in paradise has been stolen he's been spotted wearing a yuck dress , (if I'm elected iwill get back his vest)

-some evil Spirits are stealing jewels from our Stach

-anti-scam , we will teach how to avoid scam(lame lepr tricks)

-rouges look striff now when they unequipt their weapon(problem started with the release of smashing hands):()warriors are scared to go near rouges <3 ;(

-coffee will be banned becoz it contains caffeine, beans will be sealed in a radioactive container

- gym will be installed ingame with mini game in the game with lb(I mean mini game in game)

-black magics will be though(ghost)

-pvp permit will be included in game those who have a row of bad kdr % (eg:too negative ratio of 10kills 300deaths)will have to buy pvp permit for 1000story token (to avoid dummy farmers)

-shazbot makes us wait for more hours than Kaalas but the rewards are other way around

-punching bags will be back to guildhall with new features to check u r skills ,dmg ,buff,Dps

-I'm muted title will be granted if u get muted and u can send I'm muted msg to u r friends
The title will be granted only if u get muted to prevent misusing it(getting muted offen leads to permanent ban)

-Arcane deary will be slottered for the crime: dreary island infinite rengol bug

-population will be controlled (only one twink per character)

-fashion shows will be conducted

-anti begger squard will be deployed in paradise

Greatankush
05-16-2016, 05:34 AM

Name of candidate:GreatAnkush

Party affiliation:Stoping the vanity apocalypse for arlor

Office sough:President

Name of committee:skill above vanity party

Running mate: Justno

Current issue:

- To release more stat-items and stop stupid re-colouring of old sets. Stop releasing so many vanities and re-releasing of lb prizes.

- stop killing the economy, by limiting platinum sales

- subsidise cake, but also make other food items available

- will form a committee for welfare of tomb goers(way)

- work for the welfare of pets

- All black magic babas will be exiled from the land of arlor and nearby areas.

- An app and a website for the arcane legends community is under work and will be published under my presidency.

Party slogan: " make arlor skilled, again "

kinzmet
05-16-2016, 06:40 AM
Good luck everyone!

#HailforPresident
#BurnTheBakery

Rara
05-16-2016, 06:52 AM
#Hailforpresident! :love_heart:

kronosdivine
05-16-2016, 02:29 PM
Og kush
gooo kushhhhh

konafez
05-16-2016, 03:02 PM
seeing this im laughing so hard right now

i don't wanna run for president but i support kona im his
secretary and head chief of staff lol ( self-proclaimed)

My official secretary and chief of staff

resurrected
05-16-2016, 03:40 PM
#Hail4President

Promagin
05-16-2016, 04:58 PM
STATEMENT OF CANDIDACY

Name of Candidate: Promagin
Party Affiliation: Senior Member
Name of Committee (In Full): The Arlorian Counsel

--

RUNNING MATE

Porkchop

--

CURRENT ISSUES

1. For the lengthiest time, Arlor has been beleaguered by malicious creatures. I will destroy this plague by appointing dedicated Arlorian guards to defend your conurbations, and I will guarantee the safety of the people of Arlor, from the dreadful monster hordes attacking Arlor.
2. The unemployment rate in the land of Arlor is getting out of control. As the President of Arlor, I would provide more job opportunities for the noble citizens of Arlor.

konafez
05-16-2016, 10:01 PM
Drake , your coffee ban pushed my vice president over the edge..

She is sending out death squads ..

Java
05-16-2016, 10:39 PM
Drake , your coffee ban pushed my vice president over the edge..

She is sending out death squads ..
Drake, have you considered the effect a coffee ban would have on the coffee farmers of Ydra Forest? I support(
almost single handedly) our local coffee farmers.

Other candidates are rallying support to 'Burn the Bakery' but I say 'Burn the Beans!!' Grind them up, pour hot water over them & then enjoy an organic, locally grown and truly Arlorian beverage. Great with cake!

PS - Anyone that tries to ban coffee is a terrorist trying to bring down Arlorian society, as we know it; I say shoot to kill....

#makearlorcakeagain
#burnthebeans
[emoji477] [emoji477] [emoji513] [emoji513] [emoji512] [emoji512]

Befs
05-17-2016, 06:05 AM
Drake, have you considered the effect a coffee ban would have on the coffee farmers of Ydra Forest? I support(
almost single handedly) our local coffee farmers.

Other candidates are rallying support to 'Burn the Bakery' but I say 'Burn the Beans!!' Grind them up, pour hot water over them & then enjoy an organic, locally grown and truly Arlorian beverage. Great with cake!

PS - Anyone that tries to ban coffee is a terrorist trying to bring down Arlorian society, as we know it; I say shoot to kill....

#makearlorcakeagain
#burnthebeans
[emoji477] [emoji477] [emoji513] [emoji513] [emoji512] [emoji512]

"Almost single handedly" lol

#OutOfThanks

Kaziscate
05-17-2016, 06:41 PM
Name of Canidate: Potatomilk
Office Sought: Presidential
Name of Committee: The National Committee of Food and Potatoes

Running Mate: Visiting

Current Issues:
-Theres too many bugs out there. I will report all bugs.
-Economy. Items are getting cheaper and cheaper and it's hurting the auction listers. I will supply plenty of items of high demand. I will also reduce the tax by 2%.
-Potatoes. We don't have any potatoes in Arlor. How do we make french fries? I will create massive potato farms throughout Arlor to fix this.
-Holidays. We need more holidays in Arlor. Just submit your holidays and I will choose which will be a national holiday.
-Crimes. Lately there has been some injustice in Arlor. I will set up numerous police departments throughout Arlor.
-Allies. Their daily reward is starting to wear out. I will place more Allies throughout Arlor.
-Items. Items don't have enough choice and variety to them. I will supply more interesting items.
-Food. There is a MASSIVE lack of food in Arlor. As i mentioned earlier, I will supply huge farms throughout Arlor. This will even cause a 5000% increase in cake,coffee,bacon,potatoes,and also ingredients to make the food. There will also be restaurants,food trucks, and all that cook stuff you like.
-Entertainment. This is underrated. I will promote this by posting ads on billboards throughout Arlor. Also the promoted content will be ad free! There will also be radio stations to listen to while you are farming or waiting for the screen to stop loading. :)
-Exercise. Arlorians aren't getting enough of it. I will set up gyms throughout Arlor.

Also I will give this to all my voters:http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160518/8a604cfddf842566dba5d8ac9ec10043.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mimmay
05-17-2016, 08:34 PM
Name of Candidate: Mimmay

Party Affiliation: The Greater Good

Name of Committee: Decisive Union Mim Launched Uniting People (DUMLUP)

Running Mate: Tottiee

Current Issues:

Bugs:-
Various bugs will be squished to eradicate confusion among commonfolk. Which ultimately will lead to a better game-playing environment. Plus, squished bugs can be fed to pets which lowers their feed cost :)

Bans:-
Bans on Arlorians will never happen unless it is crucial for the community. Legal action will be taken where justice will be served at the new (to be built) High Court in Keyls. Also bug exploitation will never happen ever again cuz every update will be double checked :)

Entertainment:-
I will implement Radio service which play the music you like, LiVe during gameplay so that you dont sleep while farming watever you farm :)
Also, The new Arlor Hotel comming soon will have a new Mini-Games section through which you can earn Mim Tokens on games which will payout for new pets (which will not be recoloured!).

Cakes:-
I have noticed that my fellow competitors have major issues they wish to fix, like the cake scarcity in Arlor. I will help out for this cause and hire chefs and scientists to create recipes for SuperCakes! Which are cakes that come in various flavourings, when on consumption provides a player with a specific buff for 10minutes. That is, the Coffee cake provides Alertness ( a super speed buff), Caramel provides every enemy hit by player to get stuck in a gooey caramelly pool of sugar, & the infamous Buttercream Frosted Cupcakes which has a 30% chance to summon pools of buttercream which makes foes slip and unable to get off the ground for 7seconds.

Extra:-
We also need more Country banners. I will fix that issue :D

-Mim

Java
05-17-2016, 08:48 PM
Name of Candidate: Mimmay

Party Affiliation: The Greater Good

Name of Committee: Decisive Union Mim Launched Uniting People (DUMLUP)

Running Mate: (To Be Announced)

Current Issues:

Bugs:-
Various bugs will be squished to eradicate confusion among commonfolk. Which ultimately will lead to a better game-playing environment. Plus, squished bugs can be fed to pets which lowers their feed cost :)

Bans:-
Bans on Arlorians will never happen unless it is crucial for the community. Legal action will be taken where justice will be served at the new (to be built) High Court in Keyls. Also bug exploitation will never happen ever again cuz every update will be double checked :)

Entertainment:-
I will implement Radio service which play the music you like, LiVe during gameplay so that you dont sleep while farming watever you farm :)
Also, The new Arlor Hotel comming soon will have a new Mini-Games section through which you can earn Mim Tokens on games which will payout for new pets (which will not be recoloured!).

Cakes:-
I have noticed that my fellow competitors have major issues they wish to fix, like the cake scarcity in Arlor. I will help out for this cause and hire chefs and scientists to create recipes for SuperCakes! Which are cakes that come in various flavourings, when on consumption provides a player with a specific buff for 10minutes. That is, the Coffee cake provides Alertness ( a super speed buff), Caramel provides every enemy hit by player to get stuck in a gooey caramelly pool of sugar, & the infamous Buttercream Frosted Cupcakes which has a 30% chance to summon pools of buttercream which makes foes slip and unable to get off the ground for 7seconds.

Extra:-
We also need more Country banners. I will fix that issue :D

-Mim
Love the supercakes!! [emoji477] [emoji512]
#outofthanks

canbolt
05-18-2016, 11:17 AM
Name of Candidate: STATUEOFGOLD
Party Affiliation:To remove the black shadow which fell on arlor quote from the history of arlor
Name of Committee:

THE ARLORIAN'S LEAGUE(TAL)

RUNNING MATE: KOOOTHI
CURRENT ISSUES:

1)one of the biggest problem of AL is the bots

SOLUTION

anyone can easily sign up using the current email login setup,even if there is no existing email id one can create a account and its a easy job no authentication required but if it is made compulsory that one must have a valid email id,the story becomes a little complicated and the number of bots will surely be reduced

RESULT:

stop the gold sellers,stop the people who creates newer accounts for gold

2)The economic depression which is stated by most of the people here had been already solved! thank sts for that!

THE PROOF!!

fossil 1 month back while economic depression was there : 500k
present price of it : 2m

3)Scammers

SOLUTION:

scammers are the biggest threat of arlor,each second someone scams other and the time sts finds that someone had actually scammed,the scammer had already transferred his debt to a newer account,to solve this you can create another sub thread like the( general discussion,al traders market) and people can put the scammers name over there,rather than mailing you,because daily u get numerous mails which are of different topic and also make this thread private to sts only so that as u sts say that these sort of thread can create violence,so that it can only be u and the victim.

RESULT:

BY THIS STS CAN GET RID OF A SCAMMER MUCH FASTER,SCAMMER FREE ENVIRONMENT

4)BRINGING BACK THE COLLECTIBLES:

COLLECTIBLES- One of a group or class of objects, such as period glass or historical memorabilia, sought by collectors ( freedictionary)

so if you bring these stuffs back to game,the meaning of the so called collectible is lost

EXAMPLE:

steel commando vest

before: 1m-2m
present-90k

5)BUGS

SOLUTION:

before releasing a new update,just send us a example version to a picked amount of people,so that they can use it and give u the feedbacks of it.

RESULT:

no more bugs

THERE IS NO USE OVER KNOWING THE BUGS AFTER PEOPLE HAVE NOTICED IT ALREADY

AND HAD BEEN AFFECTED BY IT

PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE

WHY VOTE FOR THE PEOPLE,WHO POST UNREALISTIC STUFFS OVER HERE,JUST LIKE BRINGING RADIOS,CAKE PARTY AND STUFF,LOOK FOR THE REAL,THERE IS A LOT TO CARE ABOUT,FIRST LET'S TALE THE QUOTE(A DARK SHADOW HAS FELL ON ARLOR) FROM THE HISTORY OF ARLOR

SUPPORT US FOR A BETTER FUTURE-

BY THE PEOPLE
FOR THE PEOPLE
TO THE PEOPLE

VOTING IS IN YOUR HANDS

:tranquillity::tranquillity::tranquillity::tranqui llity::tranquillity::tranquillity::tranquillity::t ranquillity::tranquillity:

Greatankush
05-19-2016, 12:20 AM
Name of Candidate: STATUEOFGOLD
Party Affiliation:To remove the black shadow which fell on arlor quote from the history of arlor
Name of Committee:

THE ARLORIAN'S LEAGUE(TAL)

RUNNING MATE: KOOOTHI
CURRENT ISSUES:

1)one of the biggest problem of AL is the bots

SOLUTION

anyone can easily sign up using the current email login setup,even if there is no existing email id one can create a account and its a easy job no authentication required but if it is made compulsory that one must have a valid email id,the story becomes a little complicated and the number of bots will surely be reduced

RESULT:

stop the gold sellers,stop the people who creates newer accounts for gold

2)The economic depression which is stated by most of the people here had been already solved! thank sts for that!

THE PROOF!!

fossil 1 month back while economic depression was there : 500k
present price of it : 2m

3)Scammers

SOLUTION:

scammers are the biggest threat of arlor,each second someone scams other and the time sts finds that someone had actually scammed,the scammer had already transferred his debt to a newer account,to solve this you can create another sub thread like the( general discussion,al traders market) and people can put the scammers name over there,rather than mailing you,because daily u get numerous mails which are of different topic and also make this thread private to sts only so that as u sts say that these sort of thread can create violence,so that it can only be u and the victim.

RESULT:

BY THIS STS CAN GET RID OF A SCAMMER MUCH FASTER,SCAMMER FREE ENVIRONMENT

4)BRINGING BACK THE COLLECTIBLES:

COLLECTIBLES- One of a group or class of objects, such as period glass or historical memorabilia, sought by collectors ( freedictionary)

so if you bring these stuffs back to game,the meaning of the so called collectible is lost

EXAMPLE:

steel commando vest

before: 1m-2m
present-90k

5)BUGS

SOLUTION:

before releasing a new update,just send us a example version to a picked amount of people,so that they can use it and give u the feedbacks of it.

RESULT:

no more bugs

THERE IS NO USE OVER KNOWING THE BUGS AFTER PEOPLE HAVE NOTICED IT ALREADY

AND HAD BEEN AFFECTED BY IT

PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE

WHY VOTE FOR THE PEOPLE,WHO POST UNREALISTIC STUFFS OVER HERE,JUST LIKE BRINGING RADIOS,CAKE PARTY AND STUFF,LOOK FOR THE REAL,THERE IS A LOT TO CARE ABOUT,FIRST LET'S TALE THE QUOTE(A DARK SHADOW HAS FELL ON ARLOR) FROM THE HISTORY OF ARLOR

SUPPORT US FOR A BETTER FUTURE-

BY THE PEOPLE
FOR THE PEOPLE
TO THE PEOPLE

VOTING IS IN YOUR HANDS

:tranquillity::tranquillity::tranquillity::tranqui llity::tranquillity::tranquillity::tranquillity::t ranquillity::tranquillity:
Hmm, you got a bit too serious bro :disillusionment:

Ansari Faisal
05-19-2016, 01:35 AM
Support konafez

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

canbolt
05-19-2016, 03:42 AM
president is always serious with the issues,president is not a funny thing my friend :)

Kaziscate
05-19-2016, 08:50 AM
president is always serious with the issues,president is not a funny thing my friend :)

This is just for fun. :)

canbolt
05-19-2016, 11:26 AM
i agree the fact that its for fun but for me everything must be done perfectly and precisely :tranquillity:

Befs
05-19-2016, 04:17 PM
i agree the fact that its for fun but for me everything must be done perfectly and precisely :tranquillity:

Except that it will give you no extra power on the forums or in the game...

konafez
05-19-2016, 05:59 PM
The object of this is..who can be the most entertaining.. its all for fun.

Like this..

(Gets secret service chief coalhouse to tranquilizer dart befs)

See! Wasent that fun! (Evil laugh)

Kaziscate
05-19-2016, 06:05 PM

Like this..

*pokes Kona with a long breadstick that is disguised as a cake stick* >:D

Befs
05-19-2016, 07:23 PM

Like this..

Illumina.. Ti... *collapses into fetal position*

Promagin
05-19-2016, 07:34 PM

Does that exclude your grammar?

Greatankush
05-20-2016, 12:34 AM

Lol

Got him right

Mr. Srovy
05-20-2016, 04:34 AM

Nice back fire! 👏😆

Xseventyseven
05-20-2016, 04:45 AM
STATEMENT OF CANDIDACY

Name of Candidate:Xseventyseven
Party Affiliation:Juniore Membére.
Name of Committee: Only The Best For Arlor! (OTBA)

RUNNING M8:Homiezzzz
(No consent fro-yes what what? so as i was saying...)
--

CURRENT ISSUES
IT NEEDS SOME MIILK and oreos cuz pet food right now looks disgusting... And i shall change that! :D

The good ol' days. Now it may seem im only lvl 27, but i have started much longer before that. Days when people with superb professionalism ran around with chilly bone armour. Why not give people a fresh taste of mouldy bread.

Thats my opunion on arlor right now. Sweet and short.

PS: see what i did there.

-----

Rara
05-20-2016, 04:50 AM
Really thankful to Seo for making this into a contest! :love_heart:

It makes the forum so much interesting! :love_heart:

I've always loved Seo's contest, like the 'Arcane Legends Color Matching Contest' and 'Find the Cupid' and many many more! :love_heart:

----------

Next, I would like to say that Hail is such a great and wonderful friend. He's a great listener and he has the best listening ear ever!

Again, #Hailforpresident! :love_heart:

Xseventyseven
05-20-2016, 04:51 AM
Vtoe for mee and yuo will get only the bast for arlur!
Vote* me* you* best* Arlor*
Corrected by myself. Yes.

Hail
05-20-2016, 05:55 AM
Really thankful to Seo for making this into a contest! :love_heart:

It makes the forum so much interesting! :love_heart:

I've always loved Seo's contest, like the 'Arcane Legends Color Matching Contest' and 'Find the Cupid' and many many more! :love_heart:

----------

Next, I would like to say that Hail is such a great and wonderful friend. He's a great listener and he has the best listening ear ever!

Again, #Hailforpresident! :love_heart:

Aww, thanks Rara :love_heart:

ilhanna
05-22-2016, 01:36 PM
STATEMENT OF CANDIDACY

Name of Candidate

Ilhanna
(Wearing anti-harassment gloves made of durian skin. Just don't pick your nose while wearing them.)

Running Mate

Lugs
(Wearing Durian Plates of Assault)

Party Affiliation: DRUGGED (Durian Reform Unified Good Governance Election Division)
Name of Committee (In Full): Team Durian: Change You Can Smell

A Note on Durians for the Uninitiated:
The problems faced by Arlor today require the kind of tough love approach embodied in durian. What's durian, you might ask. Well, fellow Arlorites, it's none other than the king of fruits.

Behold.

Yep, inside that spiky, tough carapace nestles an ambrosial golden flesh: silky as the smoothest fondant; creamy as the richest mousse; sweet as the finest honey; and fragrant as...well, the subtlest perfume known to mankind (and nottkind).

This thorns-outside-mush-inside philosophy will characterize how Arlor is governed under the aegis of my administration.

CURRENT ISSUES
Education and training of new players. To keep new players from wandering and blundering across Arlor when they are not begging in cities, a comprehensive training regime will be conducted for them at camps run by veteran soldiers that include Major Payne, Captain Rutger, Sergeant Gunn, etc. These seasoned combatants will shape those new to AL into battle-hardened, cunning, self-reliant fighting beasts (think Rambo) to be unleashed onto the hapless enemies of Arlor to come home wreathed in glory and loot.

Proliferation of durian in Arlor. Durian is the panacea for whatever ails a nation. From hunger to security issues, durian can provide the answer. It can be made into anything from crepe filling, ice cream, candy, crisps, pudding, mousse, even cake. Animals are also insatiably fond of durians: from tigers to elephants to your very own Nekro, they will eat durian with great relish. This means that durian can serve as a prime mover and shaker of the economy, a commodity to profitably speculate on, a basis for national wealth.

To this end, my administration will:

Turn fertile well-irrigated areas in Brackenridge (especially those around the Aqueducts) into durian orchards
Repel the bandits of Ydra and convert the forest into durian farms
Exorcise the zombies of Dead City and revitalize the area for more durian cultivation
Launch aggressive naval campaigns to purge Kraken Isles of pirates determined to hijack ships with durian cargo
Construct hothouses in Nordr to ensure year-round supply of durians
Initiate massive campaigns against GMO durians in Shuyal that had led into bizarre mutations such as the spiky wolves of Shuyal. Revive Undim Fields as prime durian agriculture area
Fund research into recycling of Tindirin dragon...mulch to fertilize durian plantations in hopes of getting more potent yield
Fund research into use of durian as projectile weapons against enemies in Ren'gol and Underhul. Some early examples:

Durian fireball

Durian grenade

These endeavors will require a sizable number of manpower, opening massive amount of employment for the skilled and experienced Arlorites, including graduates of our training camps. As lucrative job opportunities open in durian trade, spending power will increase, the sweet luscious creamy reward waiting within the no-nonsense spiky armor of our tough exterior.

So forget all the bruise-prone potatoes (and turnips); no more squishy berries and blushing apples; eschew the coddling, cloying sweetness of baked goods. Vote for the real thing.

Raleighzsz
05-23-2016, 09:57 AM
Good luck people!

Vixenne
05-23-2016, 10:09 AM
#KonafezForPresident2016 :love_heart: