PDA

View Full Version : whats the best tanking set?

Nourish
07-31-2011, 01:33 AM
Just hit 55 and need to know what set to try and get. For str, I mean total tank. Not like tank/dps but you get it... Also I'm 140/139 so what's the best dex set for my bear also? Thanks!

Ellyidol
07-31-2011, 01:36 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?25667-55-PvE-Warrior-Gear-Guide&p=288837#post288837

I (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?25667-55-PvE-Warrior-Gear-Guide&p=288837#post288837)f you don't find what you're looking for, let me know here :)

Nourish
07-31-2011, 01:58 AM
I looked at it and it's great it's just why do you have some oranges in the "high end" part?

Ellyidol
07-31-2011, 02:05 AM
I looked at it and it's great it's just why do you have some oranges in the "high end" part?

If you mean the,

Royal Helm
Rooter's Sword
Royal Plate
Fury Shield

The Rooter's Sword would do you much better versus a tanky sword in the sense that it would raise your Hit %, making more of your tank spells hit. eg, Taunt, Hell Scream, Beckon and Stomp.

Even if you are the tankiest bear out there, if those spells don't connect, you can't really be a tank. If you really just want to be a pure tank, you can replace that Rooter's Sword with a Fury Sword or a Plunger's Sword (cheaper).

Also, the Rooter's Sword gives you a nice 4 M/S regen which is sufficient for a tank bear :)

Nourish
07-31-2011, 02:28 AM
I looked through it and noticed that :) also i told you before my dex is 140/139 and when I try to equip the boss gear (gurg hammer one) I'm short 2 str >_< any way you could modify it to work for me? Lol thanks for your help bro, surprised ur not a GoA

Ellyidol
07-31-2011, 02:39 AM
Yeah that's true, it'll require more strength since it's a 2H and only a Lv.50. Hmm.. Pretty sure you can still dual spec even with 2 less dex, just need better boosters :)

And I might surprise you ;)

Nourish
07-31-2011, 02:49 AM
So if my boosters have 2 more str to them I'll get it to work?

Nourish
07-31-2011, 02:57 AM
Forget what I just said... So should I try to use a different piece of gear (helm or body) that gives more str?

Ellyidol
07-31-2011, 03:15 AM
Working backwards is easiest in booster sets.

By backwards, I mean the last piece to the first. So Shield - Armour - Weapon - Helm. Getting a better boosting shield is easier than getting a boosting armour, and so on.

I personally like using the cyber gear for boosting.

Nourish
07-31-2011, 03:20 AM
Ok so idk if this is making me look stupid or if I'm just really tired.. But could you tell me step by step why I'm missing out on 2 str and how to get that 2 str?

xero
07-31-2011, 04:51 AM
Ill just look up what my boost loadout is for str/dex and edit this post.

E D I T :
My str loadout looks like this:
Mynas Helmet of Osiris (138 str req/+8 str)
Scarab Blade of Osiris (142 str req/+8 str)
Cyber armor of the Void (157 str req/+11 str)
Scarab Buckler of Osiris (142 str req/+8 str)

Dex loadout:
Mynas Helmet of Horus (138 str req/+8 dex)
Pharaoh's Sword of Horus (142 str req/+8 dex)
Mynas Plate Mail of Horus (142 str req/+8 dex)
Scarab Buckler of Horus (142 str req/+8 dex)

Ideally, you're going to want to get the same items, just lower str req (with the exception of the 138 str req items. However, they will cost significantly more than their 142 str req counter parts). Save both the loadouts as you complete them. Should get you to 173+ for str and 173 even for dex using the appropriate booster.

Hope I helped you some. :)

E D I T # 2 :
You could always buy a ring for plat that gives you +2 str and avoid waiting till 56 like I did xD

Ellyidol
07-31-2011, 06:08 AM
Ok so idk if this is making me look stupid or if I'm just really tired.. But could you tell me step by step why I'm missing out on 2 str and how to get that 2 str?

What are your base stats, str booster set(s), and your final gear you want to put on?

For my boosters I use :

Str Crown
Cyber Rift Sword
Cyber Rift Armour
Cyber Rift Shield

This was a bit ago when I used to dual to dex, but for awhile now I've stuck to melee.

Nourish
07-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Currently my str is 140.
My boosters in order of how I equip them are
Mynas helmet of Osiris
Req: 45, 138 str
Gives 8 str

Then I'll equip
Scarab blade of Osiris
Req: 41, 130 str
Gives 8 str

Then...
Mynas plate mail of ahnold
Req: 45, 142 str
Gives 8 str

Then...
Force kite shield of the rift
Req: 50, 158
Gives 11 str

I know that's really sketchy so should I go with xeros idea and buy a ring and get his boosters? I think were misunderstanding each other, all I need is 2 more str on a piece of gear (NOT boosters) I'm talking about your boss set ellyidol (gurgox, bellows) and I'm just short a couple str

Ellyidol
07-31-2011, 04:05 PM
You'll have to respec that 2 str in. Tested it out, you can't keep the gear on even through loadouts.

And there is no 2 str ring. All rings are non-stat increases.

In your case, your best str booster set would be :

First put on your original booster set:

Osiris Helm
Osiris Sword
Ahnold/Osiris Plate
Rift Shield

Next buy a Force Cutter of Rift (3k, just bought one now) and replace the Sword.

Your booster set should now be:

Osiris Helm
Rift Sword
Ahnold Plate
Rift Shield

You can save this to a loadout.

Nourish
07-31-2011, 06:30 PM
So pretty much I just need the change to sword?

Ellyidol
07-31-2011, 11:21 PM
So pretty much I just need the change to sword?

Yup! But you can't do it outright, you'll need to put on the Osiris pieces first, then replace the sword, then save that as a loadout. If you can't see why, the "loadout assumption" in my guide could help :)

Crazykid Donovan
08-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Hi the best set u could use for lvl 51,53, or 55 is fury set/sewer set.... If you are lvl 55 fortified would be the best one

lethalchick
08-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi the best set u could use for lvl 51,53, or 55 is fury set/sewer set.... If you are lvl 55 fortified would be the best one

Or maybe still Fury, if your play style prefers dodging to tanking

friedkimchi
08-02-2011, 10:25 PM
A good tanker has a good balance between h/s, dodge and armour.
Fortified has insane h/s, armour but lousy dodge.

I personally would recommend, Fury Helm, Sewer Plate, Plunger Sword, Bodyguard Shield.

Then just keep farming for a fury sword and fury shield.

Ellyidol
08-02-2011, 11:30 PM
A good tanker has a good balance between h/s, dodge and armour.
Fortified has insane h/s, armour but lousy dodge.

I personally would recommend, Fury Helm, Sewer Plate, Plunger Sword, Bodyguard Shield.

Then just keep farming for a fury sword and fury shield.

True. But it'd depend at times too.

Fortified has it's advantages, like an FFA PvP room. That 45 HS is a lifesaver even if you don't dodge as much, the extra damage is just a bonus. It's a really consistent set, no need to factor in luck for dodge or crit.

Dodge, however, does a way better job to tank with. It's also really good on 1v1 type of duels, not to mention you don't absolutely need that much HS in dueling.

Although a good balance is good, I'd really only prefer one type if I'm tanking. Dodge only or armour only.

But yes, since it's a tanking thread, I'd choose :

Royal Helm
Fury Sword
Royal Plate
Fury Shield

Or

Fortified Set.

darkmatterkid
08-08-2011, 07:34 PM
yeah see guys once ur lvl 56 you shouldent cARE WHAT U WEAR U SHOULD JUST LOOK BOSS (srry for caps accedent)