PDA

View Full Version : [Speed Set Review]: The Speed Force Awakens...

Zeus
05-15-2016, 12:11 PM
Now that everybody has gotten their own taste of the Speed Force and the joys of being a scarlet speedster, I thought I would post a bit of a review on the set!

Now, I've tried both the rogue set and the warrior set. After spending some time with the warrior set, I ended up purchasing the rogue set. Here is what I've seen: 1. Any class set will work with any class. 2. The speed is simply insane!

Covering ground point number 1, I did not notice much of a difference from using the warrior speed set as opposed to rogue speed set. The object of this set is to use it in longer distance maps or maps where needing such damage resistant gear isn't required. Thus, it makes it the perfect set for running event or lower level elites in. While both the rogue and warrior set resulted in a damage loss for me, the rogue one was much more forgiving...only a 40 damage loss. I also noticed that this set is going to make para weapons increasingly popular, because the set occupies two common places of para gem: the amulet and ring.

Now, onto the speed...People with slower devices simply aren't going to like the speed set as much because it will end up lagging your device. The reason why is your device has to push out frames faster than it has ever had to. Now, my device didn't have any issues, but I know some people's devices did. The set, when first using it, made me a bit nauseous but now I've become accustomed to it. I think others can as well, so this should be an issue that smooths itself over with time. I also noticed specific devices would give me motion sickness. Playing on too large of a screen, like on my laptop, would bring forth motion sickness. However, using the set on my phone did not. This set also means that map pulls are going to have to be redesigned in certain record maps. The speed at which you run is too fast and you will often end up killing too less mobs, so playing around with the set in maps is recommended to help find the right balance in pulls.

I would not recommend this set in elite tindirin, planar tombs, glintstone, or underhul. Any other lower campaigns, this set can be used. However, shuyal is pushing the limits of this set...you may prefer hotswapping gear in shuyal to cover large bouts of distance then going into regular gear for the mob pull.

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a485/htrap_2294/Screenshot%2057_zps3bhi85vy.png

Hoardseeker
05-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Sorc's Gale Force + Speed Set /w 3 Top Equipped Players , new time record!

In Elite Forest :D

Kakashis
05-15-2016, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the review! It reflects. How I feel about this set too. It's probably worth buying the set for 3-4m just for sparkles and speeding around towns for fun lol

Schnitzel
05-15-2016, 01:00 PM
So... since we on the topic of the Flash,
will STS be releasing any Flash, Zoom, Reverse Flash vanities any time soon?
complete with their lightning colors?

resurrected
05-15-2016, 01:07 PM
RIP twinks records in WT haha, seems like WT will become end gamers again lol. Anyways nice review thanks

Kakashis
05-15-2016, 01:37 PM
Just don't use it for too long. You will get dizzy lol

Redjellydonut
05-15-2016, 02:03 PM
Haha i love your vanity set up! Looks like a male rogue xD or villain of some type hehe

Nabkro
05-15-2016, 02:18 PM
So... since we on the topic of the Flash,
will STS be releasing any Flash, Zoom, Reverse Flash vanities any time soon?
complete with their lightning colors?

That would be pretty dope

Windyamato
05-17-2016, 11:08 AM
Looking great xxx

Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

twoxc
05-17-2016, 12:23 PM
Sorc's Gale Force + Speed Set /w 3 Top Equipped Players , new time record!

In Elite Forest :D

HAHAH sadly, mage with set set using gale slow them down instead LOL, I've seen and witness it lol.

Kakashis
05-17-2016, 02:10 PM
HAHAH sadly, mage with set set using gale slow them down instead LOL, I've seen and witness it lol.

Yeah, the fake force speed doesn't stack with the speed. It's for rogues I love it, but at the same time I'm just not hitting fast enough lol.

twoxc
05-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Yeah, the fake force speed doesn't stack with the speed. It's for rogues I love it, but at the same time I'm just not hitting fast enough lol.

It's such an addiction. I recommend NOT TO BUY THE SPEED FORCE SET. You won't be able to play normal ever again. The power is just too much. It will take you over to the dark side. Lol

Anehazaz
05-17-2016, 05:41 PM
It's such an addiction. I recommend NOT TO BUY THE SPEED FORCE SET. You won't be able to play normal ever again. The power is just too much. It will take you over to the dark side. Lol
Welcome to the Darkside! Muhahah

Java
05-17-2016, 05:51 PM
Welcome to the Dark Side...we have espresso!!

[emoji477] [emoji477] [emoji12]

Extreme2014
05-17-2016, 07:30 PM
aha new episode today Barry just got his speed back too.

Java
05-17-2016, 07:50 PM
aha new episode today Barry just got his speed back too.
Uh...spoilers! No!! [emoji37]

Dynimite
05-17-2016, 07:55 PM
100% worth buying!!! super fun and you can help guild mates get 90sec app. Highly recommend. Plus funny as sh;#$@)

Binlaggin
05-18-2016, 02:21 AM
This set is so much fun in tdm. I love it. Sometimes it feels like the skill combo doesn't fired as fast as the speed of the set though. I highly recommend it overall. In pve it's useful in so many applications