PDA

View Full Version : Curious...0 PVE deaths?

DownStairsMix
07-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Just curious if anyone has ever managed zero PVE deaths playing as a bear. Anyone, as in played through all current quests?

KingFu
07-31-2011, 08:01 PM
I got up to level 51 or 52 as a pally:)

DownStairsMix
07-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Sweet

Ellyidol
07-31-2011, 08:20 PM
It's a direct relation from PvE deaths to player skill for a bear. The higher your PvE deaths, the better you are and vice versa. I think :p

Register
07-31-2011, 08:26 PM
OMG. Ellys calling a fight! This could be bloody. Im going to walk into Gold Fever...alone. That way I wont die from the destruction of Alterra from the clash of the two GOAs.

Engelhard
07-31-2011, 08:31 PM
Alot of people get 0 deaths but in general they are not doing all quest but earning exp and leveling in safe places.......still takes alot of patience and being careful

Ellyidol
07-31-2011, 08:37 PM
OMG. Ellys calling a fight! This could be bloody. Im going to walk into Gold Fever...alone. That way I wont die from the destruction of Alterra from the clash of the two GOAs.

Note, bears :p

I'm jk, by the way. Lol.

Herozheng
08-04-2011, 10:26 AM
i got 85 death and 40000+kill befor lv55 , doing all the quest , and daily Quest , start solo sewer at lv50 . can't do 0 death cuz i solo a lot , and there is always laggggggy ......

CrimsonTider
08-04-2011, 10:30 AM
It's a direct relation from PvE deaths to player skill for a bear. The higher your PvE deaths, the better you are and vice versa. I think :p

You just made my day!! My poor main bear has horrible stats!

lethalchick
08-04-2011, 10:45 AM
My bear had a very good ratio until it discovered what happens when you go to AO3 bosses with crummy rooms. its 12k-350 or something like that now... But most people i've seen with 0 deaths were either power leveled, or you don't see them attempt to do any real tanking to protect their record.

Buddyf97
08-04-2011, 11:31 AM

Agreed! The zero death bears are the ones who stay in the back and avoid all contact. High death bears are the ones who takes on tons of mobs so the birds and mages can spam combos on them. High deaths FTW

KhaosAngel
08-04-2011, 11:50 AM
pfft:p 0 deaths on my bear at lvl38- all quests, no pwrlvl, no elix alot of solo
0 deaths on my archer at lvl 30 all quests, no pwrlvl, no elix alot of solo
886 deaths on my mage at lvl56 all quests except some sewers, no pwrlvl, elixer from 55 to 56 alot of solo
my mage was also first toon and i didnt figure out how to disable camera effects till about lvl 35 and had 500 deaths by then
a good bet to survive is join games with two or more other people- also even though i have no deaths with two toons, I am still the tank and first one in with any character!:D

Otukura
08-04-2011, 11:59 AM
In sewers, my bear just doesn't die unless it's from taunting a grate, which was fixed. (:() I got around 30 deaths from that, the other 30 from trying to solo OL as a level 45 dexbear(did it!). All in all, in sewers, you don't really die as a STR bear.

Whirlzap
08-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Unless you have a fail party that decides to try killing King and Queen together...

Bunnyshoota
08-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Lol whirl so true.

I once had this fail party, where there was this bird who was host, and he kept walking right into bandit king and queen when i said i would pull......
he caused the whole party(but me ) to die twice, so afterwards i just didn't revive her and got booted

Lysdexic
08-29-2011, 03:57 PM
I got to 48 with a bow bear, no deaths and still keeping aggro... but I think my phone has a permanent dent on the lower middle and I sucked down potions like crazy. It's not worth it, just take the occasional death like a bear and come back to whoop butt with a vengeance.

Cytokinesis
08-29-2011, 04:03 PM
bears with 0 pve deaths r fail tanks who dont want to fulfil their role as a tank

ninny87
09-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Agreed! The zero death bears are the ones who stay in the back and avoid all contact. High death bears are the ones who takes on tons of mobs so the birds and mages can spam combos on them. High deaths FTW

that is true in parts. Yes most of the people with 0 deaths tend to hide, but i know that some people like me cant stand the deaths at points and work real hard to get it looking good. My main dex bear had 600 kills and 0 deaths in FH by doing only solo runs and all quest. At that point I worked alone and rarely join someone else. Even at high lvs I felt that i was leading and all were hiding behind me. SO im just saying people can tank and still not die :)

GELLIO77
09-07-2011, 05:45 AM
a few months after sewers were released i knew a bear with 3k kills not to sure on deaths but a great tank, also low kills a sign your with a good group?

Duped
09-07-2011, 04:46 PM
I am always a tanker bear, in the end I figured out that you WILL die if you do runs unpotted and you don't bypass the harder content. Now, I don't die very much, but I do die. I hate dying, and I spam pots like crazy (I'll usually tank in a bow). I mean even a bear who has the best skills ever is going to face lag issues, and poor group issues when he tanks, so while I don't enjoy dying, I also am happy with my stats and I've come to terms that low deaths arent the same as no deaths.

Show me a bear with 0 deaths, I'll show you a bear that hasn't fought Gurgox and has never done a roundup.

FlyingS0ldier
10-13-2011, 06:51 AM
My bear has 3 deaths and about 5000 kills and I love tanking I'm always first into a mob/wall and beacon except when someone has an elixir :mad: but maybe it depends on the gear? Because I got all pinks and have very high armor for a lvl 35. So I agree that if someone has 0 deaths they run at back but I dnt agree that the more deaths u have makes u a better tank, u can still have low deaths and still be a very good tank :)

AdinoEznite
10-13-2011, 08:04 PM
My bear has 3 deaths and about 5000 kills and I love tanking I'm always first into a mob/wall and beacon except when someone has an elixir :mad: but maybe it depends on the gear? Because I got all pinks and have very high armor for a lvl 35. So I agree that if someone has 0 deaths they run at back but I dnt agree that the more deaths u have makes u a better tank, u can still have low deaths and still be a very good tank :)
i think its cuz ur lvl 35...its kind of a low level

now if you were farming scaled items then thats a different story
i got a lot of my deaths on my bear when i was farming lvl 21 items in SSC where the quicksand could one shot you occasionally if you were lvl 21 or lower

also probably some credit can go to the groups you have been in for killing fast/keeping you alive

Uepauke
10-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Show me a bear with 0 deaths, I'll show you a bear that hasn't fought Gurgox and has never done a roundup.

Poor granmabear has 0 deaths and 4k kills and has not done a roundup and fought Gurgox... oh wait, she's L10 :D

I could try rounding up the mobs before Silk...