PDA

View Full Version : Please rectify the oasis gear mana regen situation

Royce
06-12-2010, 11:21 PM
The warrior gear from oasis includes items of each type with 5 M/s. So a bear with no Int can have 20 M/s. There is no mage gear at all to match this. The situation is ridiculous, and needs to be fixed. I am still going to wear my mamboza robe, and carry my fire pin, so I at least have two items that provide mana regen like all warrior items can, but I am unhappy that I have to go back to the same old gear. One of the major benefits of having high Int is the mana regen. However, now bears with no Int can have higher regen than any mage. Please fix, thanks.

Gavry
06-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Just wondering. Why is this an issue? Aren't we all meant to be working as a team? Wouldn't you rather you tank had great M/s so as to keep the buffs up and stay alive? If its PvP then I have no comment on that as I don't enjoy that part of the game. If its group based PvE however I can't see how one class having any such benefit is needs fixing. On the flip side INT chars can get kitted out with H/s and not need to spend point on STR. I actually love the fact that there is now much greater choice for how you set your character up.

Royce
06-12-2010, 11:34 PM
I don't want strength gear nerfed. I want Int gear with at least equal mana regen. Sure I want my tank to be a beast, but that doesn't change anything. The current gear situation makes no sense. I would be the same as if the oasis robes provided more armor than the plate mail. What's the point of wearing a robe, if plate mail is the best mage gear?

BTW, I haven't even touched on PvP, where to this point mana regen is the main thing keeping my Int mage in the mix. This throws a big monkey wrench in the works there. A bear that doesn't even have to worry about running out of mana is a scary PvP proposition.

Rebel
06-12-2010, 11:49 PM
I just respecced to pally with my ench. Now I have 21 m/s and I can stay alive longer with more armor.

Royce
06-12-2010, 11:54 PM
I just respecced to pally with my ench. Now I have 21 m/s and I can stay alive longer with more armor.

This is the heart of the problem. I could do this, but I don't want to. I like to play the straight up mage, but the new gear has made them essentially pointless. Yes you still get a larger mana pool by building Int, but the regen is a far more significant factor. Maybe I'll make a Str healer lmao

Rebel
06-12-2010, 11:57 PM
This is the heart of the problem. I could do this, but I don't want to. I like to play the straight up mage, but the new gear has made them essentially pointless. Yes you still get a larger mana pool by building Int, but the regen is a far more significant factor. Maybe I'll make a Str healer lmao

It really is the only way to go if you want mana regen. I actually think that str mages are better, just because they have that extra armor bonus to keep them alive longer for more heals/spells. I've been playing pvp with my pally, and fights seem to actually take long enough to have some skill in it.

Royce
06-13-2010, 12:09 AM
On the flip side INT chars can get kitted out with H/s and not need to spend point on STR. I actually love the fact that there is now much greater choice for how you set your character up.

Just wanted to respond to this as well. There really is no flip side. First of all, there is not any better health regen gear than there was in the swamps, and even so H/s are almost worthless for an Int mage. With their low armor, any damage to health must be healed immediately to avoid a one shot death. So regen never even comes into effect. Mage health does not ever change gradually like warrior health does, it just jerks up and down. Furthermore, in the most important situations, magic shield will be on and damage replenishment is done with M/s for the most part.

Violentsaint
06-13-2010, 04:34 AM
just thought id say one thing

i was a str enchantress before str enchantresses were cool =D

Sayishere
06-13-2010, 05:24 AM
ah str enchantress eh ouch, a enchantress with alot of mana regen is going to be troublesome to kill

Violentsaint
06-13-2010, 06:50 AM
ah str enchantress eh ouch, a enchantress with alot of mana regen is going to be troublesome to kill

not anymore throublesome than a mage bird or a bow bear :P

pvp is so unbalanced >.<

King Richie
06-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Yeah saint was a STR mage from the start ... Before hybrids in general were cool ... We all thought he was mad !

Violentsaint
06-13-2010, 06:58 AM
Yeah saint was a STR mage from the start ... Before hybrids in general were cool ... We all thought he was mad !

mad as in crazy or mad as in 'his an awsome dude'?

i think i was a bit of both to be honest haha

str mage used to be bad in pvp but from what ive heard it works if you have full thoth gear and a thoth weapon.

im still looking for a darn thoth sword haha.

King Richie
06-13-2010, 07:06 AM
im still looking for a darn thoth sword haha.

Could this be a zombie shield incident again =)

and mad as in CrAzY !!

Violentsaint
06-13-2010, 07:11 AM
Could this be a zombie shield incident again =)

and mad as in CrAzY !!

man i really hope this isnt a zombie sheild incident again XD otherwise you havnt seen me crazy yet haha!

EDIT: Nicooooooo (thats 7 o's) has the sword i need

can someone buy it off him for me? =D

i gotta work all day tomorro so i cant farm for it >.<

Sayishere
06-13-2010, 08:47 AM
im going on a farming sesh if i loot it ill sell it to ya :P

Banned
06-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Have you guys seen the Horus items for archers? No h/s or m/s. Anyone rockin' that set is essentially screwed when it comes to PvP.

Sayishere
06-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Have you guys seen the Horus items for archers? No h/s or m/s. Anyone rockin' that set is essentially screwed when it comes to PvP.

so true, the extra crit does little when you have no survivability,

the items in general are very badly thought out, i will give them until part 2 to get this problem sorted

Smartress
06-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Attention to the Spacetime Studio

I believe this is unintended bug While try to fix lvl40 Plus gears.

I have seen equivalent of the paladin Thoth set for int based enchantress, because I have seen the helm and eye for int based Mage in early version of alien oasis.

I have the Imhotep eye of Thoth in my bag, with +7 int, 2% crit, 5m/s, the exact stats as the shield. However the development team inadvertently made it lvl 41 item. I believe the same for the rest of set gears.

By blocking drops of all lvl41 items, this set not longer drops from the bosses in AO. However, it also means int based Mage missed out on all 5m/s Thoth gears for lvl 40.

Your prompt attention on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Royce
06-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Even if you're right Smartress, I've still not seen hide nor hair of a pink wand let alone a pink thoth wand, so even if they put in the helm and bracer, and even if there is a cloth as well, you'd still get at best 15 M/s from your gear while warriors get 20 M/s.

As it currently stands warriors can get up to 20 M/s from oasis gear, and enchantresses (the ones who should logically have high M/s) can get as much as 6 M//s from Oasis gear. Now that they made the Oasis armor better, they destroyed the backup option of wearing your mamboza robe since it now offers so little protection compared to the khafras. This was a major oversight and screwup in my opinion. I can understand how it might happen, but not why it hasn't been addressed or at least responded to by the devs.

Smartress
06-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Even if you're right Smartress, I've still not seen hide nor hair of a pink wand let alone a pink thoth wand, so even if they put in the helm and bracer, and even if there is a cloth as well, you'd still get at best 15 M/s from your gear while warriors get 20 M/s.

As it currently stands warriors can get up to 20 M/s from oasis gear, and enchantresses (the ones who should logically have high M/s) can get as much as 6 M//s from Oasis gear. Now that they made the Oasis armor better, they destroyed the backup option of wearing your mamboza robe since it now offers so little protection compared to the khafras. This was a major oversight and screwup in my opinion. I can understand how it might happen, but not why it hasn't been addressed or at least responded to by the devs.

What if there is a wand, Thoth wand, but lvl 41, although I have not seen it, but it will be silly to give an off hand with 5m/s, but not equivalent wand.

Bear in mind, the patch come through like first few hours of the release, it may fix the drop lvl 41 items. With Thoth robe, helm, eye, and wand, that's 20m/s already. Btw, there is a Thoth staff, confirmed in trade section, guess what, it was lvl 41, with 5 mana/s.