PDA

View Full Version : why would a pure str bear have less hit% anyway?

Ebalere
08-01-2011, 02:59 PM
You'd think it would be easier to hit something with a sword as opposed to with a bow or magic staff.. just a thought, not asking for anything to change. But realistically, (and i know we're playing a game with sword weilding bears and magic squirrels) i would assume one would have an easier time hitting something with a sword. Lol. And, I'm a str. bear with lots of dex so it doesnt apply to me, just in general.

Flowman
08-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Think of the Fable series as an example. Higher strength levels means ability to wield heavier weapons. And even though your strength is higher, your swing speed is drastically slower. It's like throwing in a hidden dodge buff for the enemy. While we don't have heavier weapons stat wise...it's ust an example. For the most part, arrows travel on a straight horizontal path...what I mean is they don't weave left and right, and travel at a much faster speed. Magic is fake so who knows...would probably assume that magic spells are kind of like target lock on attacks...

CanonicalKoi
08-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I suppose because no matter how heavy a weapon or how hard you swing it, it doesn't count unless it actually hits something. :) The strongest baseball player (with or without steroids *cough*) isn't going to hit the ball unless he has some dexterity along with his strength.