PDA

View Full Version : Guild Etiquette...suggestions and ideas :)

kallima
08-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi all, with the impending (fingers crossed) full launch of SL to all those unable to play, I anticipate total chaos when the new players come aboard. So with that in mind, i thought all guild masters could come together and present a "treatise" so to speak and at least have ordered chaos. The catalyst to this was when I created a new character two days ago and got bombarded by guild requests within the first 5 minutes and a public chat of whose guild is better ensued.

As I've said before PL was my first mmo so I'm not familiar with guilds or the politics, if any, that arise but just for preventative measure, would this be something that is a good idea? I've only thought of 2 good rules but those include:

No poaching/recruiting members already in an existing guild.

No trash talking of other guilds.

Just my 2 cents, I welcome any and all feedback.

octavos
08-01-2011, 03:32 PM
we started this :) hope this helps
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?31599-OG-Beta-Guild

kallima
08-01-2011, 03:39 PM
we started this :) hope this helps
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?31599-OG-Beta-Guild

I'm not talking about another guild, I'm talking about a Guild Constitution to which all guilds must/should adhere. I may have read the OP on your link incorrectly but it seems as if your link is to create yet another guild. what I'm suggesting is some set guidelines that would promote healthy and harmonious, yet competitive relationships amongst all guilds.

Acyer
08-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Sounds like a good plan. As GoW doesn't just spam invites to new players anyways. We have a certain criteria of players that we look after. As us being a adult oriented guild comments and chats are at adult humor and may not be your cup of tea. But I'm all for a treaty.

octavos
08-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm not talking about another guild, I'm talking about a Guild Constitution to which all guilds must/should adhere. I may have read the OP on your link incorrectly but it seems as if your link is to create yet another guild. what I'm suggesting is some set guidelines that would promote healthy and harmonious, yet competitive relationships amongst all guilds.

Im sorry your misinformed, this guild is for beta players, good guild players, and a team oriented focus. This guild is an alliance for fellow guild members. Ultimate was formed with the idea of whichever guild your main character is in, we play cooperatively and harmoniously. since theirs really no way to regulate the guilds, Ultimate stands for alliances between guilds and promote healthy and harmonious realationships.

Cascade
08-01-2011, 03:54 PM
AoC doesnt invite unless they ask so we dont argue with other guilds hardly at all but it has happened no guild is perfect

octavos
08-01-2011, 03:57 PM
amen Cascade, :) we try to be perfect, but the only perfection comes in the form of (Beta guild) that the developers made. :)

You know they moderate that guild. :banana:

Cascade
08-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Also i have seen new players come into towne and say "Can i join a guild?" (or something to that measure) and im sure he gets guild invites right away from about 5 diff guilds...how is he sposed to choose? He knows absolutly nothing about all the guilds...so i propose that instead of just sending a guild invite actually send him a PM about your guild and politely ask him if he would like to join your guild...but dont pressure him to make a decision right then add him to your friends list and tell him to get back to you when he has decided....Recruiting 101 right there....i should maybe a recruiting guide lol maybe i will 0.0 nobody steal my idea lol

octavos
08-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Also i have seen new players come into towne and say "Can i join a guild?" (or something to that measure) and im sure he gets guild invites right away from about 5 diff guilds...how is he sposed to choose? He knows absolutly nothing about all the guilds...so i propose that instead of just sending a guild invite actually send him a PM about your guild and politely ask him if he would like to join your guild...but dont pressure him to make a decision right then add him to your friends list and tell him to get back to you when he has decided....Recruiting 101 right there....i should maybe a recruiting guide lol maybe i will 0.0 nobody steal my idea lol

LMFAO, I wont steal it. But yes, i have created alts, and i got spammed like crazy. The PM in game are the way to go :)

Cascade
08-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Yeah it gives that personal touch that a guild invite just doesnt have lol xD

octavos
08-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah it gives that personal touch that a guild invite just doesnt have lol xD

OK cascade, look forward to your do's and don't of the guild invite :)

Neopopulus
08-01-2011, 04:16 PM
So, what would this treaty or whatever it is contain?
Rules about recruitment, rules about how guilds should behave towards each other, or what?

skavenger216
08-01-2011, 04:36 PM
We make it a point in KoC to not steal members from other guilds. If someone in another guild asks if they can join us thats one thing, but we wont just randomly ask other guilds members to join us. If anyone ever sees someone from KoC attempting to steal members from other guilds, please let me know so I can take care of it!

As far as etiquette goes, its all just simple, common sense stuff. Don't steal members from other guilds, don't bash other guilds, and try to keep a level of respect and civility between us all. I think things have gone reasonably well so far between guilds, and I hope it stays that way with the influx of new players and guilds that the release will bring.

Ebalere
08-01-2011, 04:47 PM
We make it a point in KoC to not steal members from other guilds. If someone in another guild asks if they can join us thats one thing, but we wont just randomly ask other guilds members to join us. If anyone ever sees someone from KoC attempting to steal members from other guilds, please let me know so I can take care of it!

As far as etiquette goes, its all just simple, common sense stuff. Don't steal members from other guilds, don't bash other guilds, and try to keep a level of respect and civility between us all. I think things have gone reasonably well so far between guilds, and I hope it stays that way with the influx of new players and guilds that the release will bring.

This^ and I'd also like to add no booting with reason, "no ____" (guild name), we've had it happen to us, as has GoW. And i'm sure others as well. Everyone is welcome to run with KoC and we have no grudges and would like to keep it that way.

Ps. We don't recruit just anybody, contrary to popular belief, it's now people just asking basically and the odd recruit. I think recruiting out of other guilds is the ultimate form of disrespect, and we do everything we can to prevent it from happening in our ranks. We respect every other guild for reaching their seperate goals. Take a look at yourselves guys, you've all achieved exactly what you wanted, and it's because we worked together, as well as apart. Cheers

Thenill
08-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Cas is right spaming an invite is rude trying to invite another guilds members and officers is even more rude. guild etiquette is very straight forward and should be the same for all guilds you dont keep bugging new players to join they should make that choice for them selves also no cutting down other guilds or there members and as for invites to another guilds officer I the end should end with the person trying to sway another guilds members should be brought up to that players guild master and have them handle there member.

P.s. I think all of the guild masters like myself should get together and talk about a few rules we all agree on for guild rules and etiquette that all of us will inforce

Acyer
08-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Look guys post your website address on forums. It should be all the advertising you need. A player will know in about 5 minutes after being on the website if that guild is for them. As for stealing members you can't help what a player does. If he leaves this guild to join another guild it shouldn't be held against either the guild or player. Either he liked ya or he didn't no biggie. The way we sort this out is run maps with future guildies get to know them so when you feel he as the player is ready to join then you can invite him. As a guild master it is your responsibility to make a atmosphere for the guild to be friendly or however you want.

kallima
08-01-2011, 05:19 PM
P.s. I think all of the guild masters like myself should get together and talk about a few rules we all agree on for guild rules and etiquette that all of us will inforce

Exactly what I had in mind, if all GM's come together, agree, and write a Guild Constitution - then it would be enforceable as the GM dictates the "tone" of the guild. Any guild member caught disregarding it could be removed/banned from the guild (obviously i think proof such as a screenshot pm'd to guild masters only) would help discourage poor behavior. Yes, it's all common sense but unfortunately I personally have been recruited to other guilds even after stating I was happy with my present guild.

@Octavos - sorry, I think you are missing my point, you have a guild to help promote harmony, that includes and will accept any members of other guilds but there is no code of conduct, no written guidelines, and frankly no way to enforce the desired affect. If they do something to offend, they may be out of your guild but are still, ultimately in a guild. If all GM came together and wrote a "guide" as to the do's and don'ts and posted on forums, as I'm suggesting, no way to contradict what's in print. You seem a little defensive, I'm not knocking your guild or idea, what I'm saying is that my idea is different.

@ Ebalere - I think that's a fantastic idea, I'm shocked that anyone has been booted based on guild association! Definitely should be included if the guild masters agree this should be implemented.

octavos
08-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Look guys post your website address on forums. It should be all the advertising you need. A player will know in about 5 minutes after being on the website if that guild is for them. As for stealing members you can't help what a player does. If he leaves this guild to join another guild it shouldn't be held against either the guild or player. Either he liked ya or he didn't no biggie. The way we sort this out is run maps with future guildies get to know them so when you feel he as the player is ready to join then you can invite him. As a guild master it is your responsibility to make a atmosphere for the guild to be friendly or however you want.

Agreed with all of the above. kallima, no offense taken, :) but yes a contact of some sort. but each guild has there particular guidelines for ruining a guild. so a general contract is what I can see.

Flowman
08-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Sounds like a good plan. As GoW doesn't just spam invites to new players anyways. We have a certain criteria of players that we look after. As us being a adult oriented guild comments and chats are at adult humor and may not be your cup of tea. But I'm all for a treaty.

Amen brother....to the adult humor part, cause god know's I do enjoy a good adult conversation...and no filter.

You can't force people to be friends/friendly to others though, so a treaty with that in regard wont work.

kallima
08-01-2011, 05:55 PM
You can't force people to be friends/friendly to others though, so a treaty with that in regard wont work.

While we can not control the actions of others, we can choose how we react to it. By turning the other cheek, people inadvertently condone bad behavior, as guilds are a major feature of SL and IMO will remain so, we can in essence "shape" behavior. And the constitution is not about forcing friendliness (frankly I want nothing to do with forced and superficial behavior) it is merely a means for the GM's to clearly outline a basic precept of acceptable behavior when representing a guild. The GM's can always enforce other guidelines, that are more stringent within their own guild. All rules voted upon should be unanimous by all GM's.

Flowman
08-01-2011, 06:09 PM
You missed my point.
You cannot force 'guidelines' or 'outlines' upon people, because frankly I'm going to do what I want. You can't get all GM's to vote on rules because you're not possibly going to get every single GM to reply. And most importantly, who's going to enforce these 'guidelines?" Having guidelines to show how to properly represent a guild is taking away originality. People are going to talk trash. People aren't going to like other people. It's life. Making a "lets all get along" constitution is going to end up being a bunch of writing that some try-hards take way too seriously and end up annoying everyone with.

Acyer
08-01-2011, 06:14 PM
You missed my point.You cannot force 'guidelines' or 'outlines' upon people, because frankly I'm going to do what I want. You can't get all GM's to vote on rules because you're not possibly going to get every single GM to reply. And most importantly, who's going to enforce these 'guidelines?" Having guidelines to show how to properly represent a guild is taking away originality. People are going to talk trash. People aren't going to like other people. It's life. Making a "lets all get along" constitution is going to end up being a bunch of writing that some try-hards take way too seriously and end up annoying everyone with.+1 totally understand where you're coming from.

Moogerfooger
08-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Kallima, although your intent is admirable, especially given your long-standing rep in-game and on the forum, this is entirely unenforceable. I think most will try to be decent leaders just out of character, but just like the Court of Alterra idea way back when, you can't force guidelines on other people. I know that if I were a guild leader and someone told me I *had* or *ought* to conform to someone else's Constitution/guidelines, even if they were terrific, I would tell them to go pound sand.

Not to mention guild drama is often the entire reason people get so into them, ironically. If everyone were shiny happy kumbaya-lets-hold-hands guilds, lol, interest would wane. Seen it in a dozen games.

Thenill
08-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Ok very true every guild has there own rules. That is not where I was going in this im not going to say every guild should have the same rules. But the guild masters should set some guide lines for how all of us want this to go. Also true if a member of a guild leaves its what they want to do. I on the other hand am upset that when I get on an officer in my guild tells me another guild keeps bugging him to join and keeps pushing the subject that is not the right way to try for new members and I find it highly rude as most anyone who has ever been in a guild or been the master of a guild would

Also my post that we should get on to talk about things that we all want and how we all want guild guide lines when dealing with other guilds you know like a do and do not list.

Like so if your member is cutting down another guild there should be some action taken. thats not guild friendly nor game friendly

P.s. Maybe we should start a thread for guild master to talk in.

Moogerfooger
08-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Aren't the synthetic thrills of rivalry, conflict, and general drama the REAL reasons people create/join guilds?

Bingo, 99% of the time.

Acyer
08-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Aren't the synthetic thrills of rivalry, conflict, and general drama the REAL reasons people create/join guilds? Also, LOL at video game etiquette.Hit it on the nail bud.....but if you bring this to the game your labeled "Elitist" like are guild has been at times.

Physiologic
08-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Can't contribute much to this thread as our upcoming guild will have the universal rule of "Once you join, you can leave and come back whenever you want without any hassle."

Aren't the synthetic thrills of rivalry, conflict, and general drama the REAL reasons people create/join guilds?

Also, LOL at video game etiquette.

Just wanted to say hey Band.

Acyer
08-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Also 1 thing has came to my mind. Enough with the spy junk really is it needed? I mean or do you want to know how many times are guild held hands so you can go back and hold ya'lls longer.

Moogerfooger
08-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Can't contribute much to this thread as our upcoming guild will have the universal rule of "Once you join, you can leave and come back whenever you want without any hassle."

I hear they will be called The Taterheads? I like taters.

Physiologic
08-01-2011, 07:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COkrsPzEmrI

Moogerfooger
08-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Great, that will be stuck in my head the rest of the night. Damn you.

Acyer
08-01-2011, 07:34 PM
I guess.

kallima
08-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Well I definitely did not join a guild for the drama, and hopefully there are others like me, but as I said in my OP this was an idea, so all feedback, whether for or against was welcome. I personally am not a GM so thought I would throw the idea out there, some ideas are implemented others are not. No biggie either way, but I brought this to everyone's attention because I personally have been recruited AFTER clearly stating I was happy with my guild. And I would love to flatter myself that I'm just that awesome but know that, more than likely, it is more a numbers thing. I thought it was in poor taste so wanted to find a neutral way to prevent such things.

But all seem to agree that it's all common sense, if so - why would it be so difficult to get all GM's to agree on some basic rules of good form?

And honestly, don't all guilds have some rules of conduct? Why not create a basic one? Flowman, you say you would tell a guild to go shove it if they dared dictate your behavior, but younare in a guild, they have no guidelines? So if you scammed a fellow guild member it would be okay? If you scammed a newbie and they got a screenshot of it, you wouldn't be kicked out? I think your taking my idea and running with it with some preconceived notions of your own, this is not a sorority - this would not dictate who can be your friends, what is acceptable gear, or what comes out of your mouth - this would be simply stating these are all the things with which one can comply or be kicked out of said guild. Much like the TOS to which you are already adhering. But in a more relaxed form.

@Moog - yes, I do see the similarities between this and the court of Alterra, so maybe I was just naive. :) I think because I'm so new to mmo's and the guild idea, I'm afforded that luxury. And believe me, having a hopeful outlook is a luxury, compared to a cynical one! ;)

P.S. I do think those that want to "try" guilds on is fine, but actively recruiting then telling someone why their choice is a bad idea is just distasteful, and frankly if I were a GM and found out an officer was doing that, they would definitely be kicked out.

Moogerfooger
08-01-2011, 07:54 PM
@Moog - yes, I do see the similarities between this and the court of Alterra, so maybe I was just naive. :) I think because I'm so new to mmo's and the guild idea, I'm afforded that luxury. And believe me, having a hopeful outlook is a luxury, compared to a cynical one! ;)

There is a difference between 'cynical' and 'realistic/having observed guild antics/behavior/dynamics in other games' :D

Agrred that each guild could/should have some sort of internal rules (or lack thereof, if that is their choice), but still gonna argue against any kind of enforced 'guidelines' outside of ToS violations. Not to mention again they are unenforceable as a whole, like the Court idea. Let people run their groups as they want, and generally things can be pretty decent as most want to be well-respected out of nature ;)

Off to go find some taters....

kallima
08-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Well, my intention was definitely not be assume a self righteous tone, but my extensive reading of the forums has led me to believe that what I've mentioned has been summarily agreed upon, don't poach members unless they initiate the conversation, don't bash other guilds, and not to boot solely upon guild associations. And yes, I think my rules of etiquette are perfect, for me, I don't intend to impose them on all, as I said in my OP this was for guild masters to throw around and toy with the idea, of which I am not.

And for those that go around breaking them in a game I host, yes I will boot, I don't tolerate rudeness in any form especially if unjustified.

I've stated already I appreciated all feedback and could care less if it was implemented. It was a suggestion, not an order or imperative. Those usually aren't accompanied by an open symposium for all to offer their comments. People are welcome to their perspectives, those that know me, know my intent. As I said earlier, the first mmo I played was PL, the first guild I joined was in SL so the concept of "people joining just for drama" is absolutely foreign to me, especially when 90% of the current guilds' "manifestos" state we want everyone to join for fun and those not interested in fun, frivolity or team spirit need not apply. Where does the drama even start if guild members are chosen on how well they would mesh with a group?

And no, I will never stop trying, but thank you for the heads up! One can learn as much from negative feedback/backlash than from positive ones, sometimes even more so, as they challenge one's current mindset! :D

Quientar
08-01-2011, 09:24 PM
I think it is pointless to even discuss or argue about getting all guilds to agree to a set of rules or guidelines...or even just one. There will always be someone who will not adhere to em. There is no way to enforce the guidelines (as someone said before, cant remember name, sorry). Guilds are meant to be different and their own unique entity.

If the guilds all adhered to the same rules or guidelines, what would be the point in having multiple guilds? we would all be effectively in the same guild in that case. guilds are meant to be at each others throats or in contention. This will really show itself when pvp gets implemented.

i personally disagree with recruiting ppl in other guilds, but my beliefs are not everyones. yes, i would like to see respect and not actively recruit from other guilds and not pm'ing everyone in game about joining their guild...but some guilds are all about that (or will be).

as a note...there is a thread with a list of guilds (atleast the ones who posted there for Cascade to compile into a comprehensive list). it might be an idea to add to that list with a summary or guild type or motto for the guild or something (yes i know this suggestion should be posted there and will do so.)

But, thats just my 2 cents worth. take it for what it is

Thenill
08-01-2011, 09:54 PM
All to true not eveyone will listen to rules. So I understand how eveyone feels on here. Also in this whole thing I dont think it was about, making every guild follow the same guidelines. I think this was about actions that most everyone would see as rude.

( like bashing on others guilds.)
( being bugged by other guilds to join when its been stated that the person being bugged is happy with the guild they are in)
( bad mouthing some for joining some other guild)

I in truth think that rivals are a foundation for guilds and is part of the fun of being in one.

That does not mean in any way drama. If that is a reason someone is in a guild to start drama then that is a poor reason to be in on. While on this every guild forum I read says drama free. So that was a waste for people to say thats one of the reason for joining a guild.

Thenill
08-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Also didnt even remember to say. This is BETA and everyone know what happens once there are to many people fighting about something in pl they remove it. If it gets to a point that tomany people are mad about other guilds and there members and causes a big problem sts could just pull the whole guild idea

Quientar
08-01-2011, 10:18 PM
honestly it all comes down to respecting other guilds even if you dont agree with what they stand for, and common courtesy. some people will have them, some wont, and some just wont care.

there will always be people saying "guild a" is better than "guild b" and such like that. all we can do is ask for ppl to keep it clean and such. there is no way to stop anything else...and i really wouldnt want to. this is part of what make guilds worthwhile and fun...the alliances between guilds as well as the arguments and competition between guilds.

if there are problems with guilds going too far between themselves while 90% of the guilds staying within the guidelines sts set out for playing the games, im sure they will do something beside removing guilds. sorta along the same line as offensive comments on the room chat in game. after playing with guilds in SL, i dont see guilds as being a problem at all, and actually think it is a good thing. it will be individual people that will be the problem (or maybe small groups of ppl)

Flowman
08-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Flowman, you say you would tell a guild to go shove it if they dared dictate your behavior
If some other kid from another guild told me my etiquette was 'inappropriate of guild behavior' I'd probably tell them to stop being such a nerd. No one over a video game is going to tell me what I can and cant do. I respect the people I'm friends with enough where if they ask me to stop, I'll stop. I'm not a little boy, I know when what I'm doing is considered out of line or inappropriate. If someone judges my guild based on my behavior alone, they're not the brightest crayons in the box. No man or woman on a equal playing field as myself (note, devs aren't considered here; they can ban) is superior to me when it comes to my actions, and I will not be TOLD what I have to do.

but younare in a guild, they have no guidelines?
Only rule I can think of is don't be a **** head. A lot of words will work there, take your pick. We're not 11 year old girly boys, we're fully capable of governing ourselves while still maintaining respect for the people who assembled our group together (Shadow, Zero, Zbooo, Nike, Apoc, etc etc)

So if you scammed a fellow guild member it would be okay?
Not 11 years old, don't see this being an issue. If you have kids scamming in your guild, you have exactly that; a bunch of little bratty kids.

If you scammed a newbie and they got a screenshot of it, you wouldn't be kicked out?
And again, not 11 years old. Kid was stupid to get scammed, but I see no purpose in scamming because again, and I don't know if I've said this yet, but I'm not 11 years old. And no, I don't think I would get kicked out because thats a *singular* act. Guild has nothing to do with it. You people need to start seeing past the idea that one person speaks for the majority. Just because "Flow says So-and-so sucks, that means that all GoW thinks so-and-so sucks." No, that means I think he sucks, and he probably does.

this would be simply stating these are all the things with which one can comply or be kicked out of said guild. Much like the TOS to which you are already adhering. But in a more relaxed form.Please I've read some of the 'rules' some of the other guilds have. No swearing...seriously? If you get censored on your own private forums for your guild or in your guild chat in game...it's time for a more mature guild, unless you like to talk about easy-bake ovens and rainbows. The most this will accomplish is a bunch of rules that are either completely common sense (be nice to everyone ok? seriously ok?) or rules that no one over the age of 15 will enforce. As you said, we're already adhering to the TOS from STS, but the day I allow a bunch of random internet people lying in their beds dictate my actions is the day I buy a rotary phone and join the WNBA.

Thenill
08-01-2011, 11:04 PM
this would be simply stating these are all the things with which one can comply or be kicked out of said guild. Much like the TOS to which you are already adhering. But in a more relaxed form.Please I've read some of the 'rules' some of the other guilds have. No swearing...seriously? If you get censored on your own private forums for your guild or in your guild chat in game...it's time for a more mature guild, unless you like to talk about easy-bake ovens and rainbows. The most this will accomplish is a bunch of rules that are either completely common sense (be nice to everyone ok? seriously ok?) or rules that no one over the age of 15 will enforce. As you said, we're already adhering to the TOS from STS, but the day I allow a bunch of random internet people lying in their beds dictate my actions is the day I buy a rotary phone and join the WNBA.[/QUOTE]

Lol Im in 100% agreement with flow on this the clean language mark for my guild is not so tight, as long as its not ( F this F that blank blank blank your mom). if its funny and made to be funny then I dont stress it. As soon as it becomes a finger pointed at someone we have a problem. Everyone needs to be treated with respect.

On the same note two wrongs dont make a right if someone starts dumping on you, its not ok to return the hit snap it and post it for (devs) to take action. We are all here to have fun, and a ton of us are adults so we should act like it.

P.s. Rotary phone lol if you find one let me know. Ill give it to my daughter when she is old enough for her first phone.

Moogerfooger
08-01-2011, 11:24 PM
P.s. Rotary phone lol if you find one let me know. Ill give it to my daughter when she is old enough for her first phone.

Apparently they are all the rage on ebay :D

http://compare.ebay.com/like/360363464421?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y

kallima
08-02-2011, 12:51 AM
If some other kid from another guild told me my etiquette was 'inappropriate of guild behavior' I'd probably tell them to stop being such a nerd. No one over a video game is going to tell me what I can and cant do. I respect the people I'm friends with enough where if they ask me to stop, I'll stop. I'm not a little boy, I know when what I'm doing is considered out of line or inappropriate. If someone judges my guild based on my behavior alone, they're not the brightest crayons in the box. No man or woman on a equal playing field as myself (note, devs aren't considered here; they can ban) is superior to me when it comes to my actions, and I will not be TOLD what I have to do.

Only rule I can think of is don't be a **** head. A lot of words will work there, take your pick. We're not 11 year old girly boys, we're fully capable of governing ourselves while still maintaining respect for the people who assembled our group together (Shadow, Zero, Zbooo, Nike, Apoc, etc etc)

Not 11 years old, don't see this being an issue. If you have kids scamming in your guild, you have exactly that; a bunch of little bratty kids.

And again, not 11 years old. Kid was stupid to get scammed, but I see no purpose in scamming because again, and I don't know if I've said this yet, but I'm not 11 years old. And no, I don't think I would get kicked out because thats a *singular* act. Guild has nothing to do with it. You people need to start seeing past the idea that one person speaks for the majority. Just because "Flow says So-and-so sucks, that means that all GoW thinks so-and-so sucks." No, that means I think he sucks, and he probably does.

Please I've read some of the 'rules' some of the other guilds have. No swearing...seriously? If you get censored on your own private forums for your guild or in your guild chat in game...it's time for a more mature guild, unless you like to talk about easy-bake ovens and rainbows. The most this will accomplish is a bunch of rules that are either completely common sense (be nice to everyone ok? seriously ok?) or rules that no one over the age of 15 will enforce. As you said, we're already adhering to the TOS from STS, but the day I allow a bunch of random internet people lying in their beds dictate my actions is the day I buy a rotary phone and join the WNBA.

I never implied you were an 11 year old child but we also need to keep in mind there are young people playing STS games, if I'm in a group where I'm not familiar with everyone, I even have a problem using LM@O. The guild I'm in actually has an age requirement, but no way to prove a person's age except by their actions. I have no IDEA why you have gotten so worked up by a suggestion, might I add. And by the way there are very mature 11 year old children out there. I'm actually not going to respond any further to your posts as your remarks come off as inflammatory, not to mention sexist and condescending. Calling anyone stupid is unnecessary. If someone got scammed, they could have been trusting, not lacking in IQ points. Some dear friends, who are perfectly coherent and sensible people, have gotten scammed, they are not all "stupid 11 year olds." Have fun, I'm going to politely agree to disagree with you, good day!

Cascade
08-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Yo break it up guys dont be flaming anymore if you dont have something nice to say then dont say it please :)

(Man i need to have the title 'Forum Referee' lol!)

Lesrider
08-02-2011, 12:55 AM

Nope, Phys already agreed to call the guild Scallawags.

I'm j/k. Please don't hurt me. :p

Zbooo
08-02-2011, 01:15 AM
I shall say one thing only!

#Swag!

This message has been approved by GoW and other parties alike.

Flowman
08-02-2011, 02:29 AM
Yo break it up guys dont be flaming anymore if you dont have something nice to say then dont say it please :)

No.....just..no. That negates the point of two sided arguments.

Also a forum 'referee' would be called a moderator.

Thenill
08-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Cas ill have a shirt made for you that says sts referee lol

kallima
08-02-2011, 11:56 AM

And honestly Cascade thanks for the attempt, but there has been only one person flaming this thread. And anyone who resorts to insults to prove a point is not worth my time! Cheers!

Cascade
08-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Lol that would be cool maybe a bird with a ref shirt on? ;)

Cahaun
08-02-2011, 12:53 PM
A guild alliance is what is needed. To show unity and respect other guilds.(and to prevent a guild war from arising)

Lesrider
08-02-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't understand the concept of guild wars in a game where all pvp is voluntary and anyone can make an instance of any map. Unless you go to Vyxnaar's lair to annoy someone, I don't see how guild wars or any sort of wars can take place.

Thenill
08-02-2011, 04:06 PM
In this matter a guild war would be making a scene verbal jabs and rude remarks that could cause large problems for the game. Like stated befor, if it got out of hand and tons of people threw fits about the guilds and there disputes, and there lack of manors and out right rude behavior. It could end bad for the guilds. Because if all it does is cause trouble and strife sts may rethink the ability to have guilds.

Flowman
08-02-2011, 04:53 PM
you guys really need to know the difference between 'flaming' and 'disagreeing.'