PDA

View Full Version : [guide] planar tomb ( boss technique)

princessraia
05-18-2016, 04:04 PM
hi ya'll :)

so this are some video's ive prepared for you guys for :

PLANAR TOMB 1 (STUN TECHNIQUE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MZjshjQFHE

PLANAR TOMB 2 (HOW TO PREVENT FARMING DEATHS ON BOSS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQgCxinlF-I

wanna add this on the vids for planar tombs 2 and a BIG BIG thank you to Ioez, Raw and Rootburfloat :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xpriCpMqR0

PLANAR TOMBS 3

PART 1 of 2 (PARKING)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZhvkWAWPNY

PART 2 of 2 (BOSS FIGHT)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-kDII12x2I

i wanna see your comments and suggestion because like you guys I also have a lot to learn so if you have something to share please feel free to comment and let me know :)

DISCLAIMER:
like i mention before, I AM NOT A PRO
i just wanna share information that might be helpful to player ENJOY :)

p.s. sorry for the voice -.-

Zeazimeh
05-18-2016, 10:04 PM
Ty raia but shouldn't this post be under AL Player Guides? [emoji1]

princessraia
05-18-2016, 10:50 PM
you can post there it has to be approved by a moderator to be put in there :3

Oezheasate
05-19-2016, 08:00 AM
Try using more kelvins at planar 2 boss.

princessraia
05-19-2016, 11:17 AM
we will give it a try :) for some reason i find the planar 1 easier than the second i don't know why lol

Avaree
05-19-2016, 12:17 PM
[B]and coming soon...

[COLOR="#800080"]PLANAR TOMBS 3

i wanna see your comments and suggestion because like you guys I also have a lot to learn so if you have something to share please feel free to comment and let me know :)

DISCLAIMER:
like i mention before, I AM NOT A PRO
i just wanna share information that might be helpful to player ENJOY :)
.-

For Sorrax (as Oezheasate stated) two kelvins is so helpful on this on boss. The players using kelvin must take turns with stunning, even with
Kelvin's fast 10 sec cd the boss will still decide to randomly curse at his will, hard to predict his timing of curse attack until you see the big red circle. As soon as you see that big red circle use Kelvin's aa and stun him, dont wait 3 seconds, the entire party could get one hit.

Click "Planar tombs map 3 (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?190132-GUIDE-Planar-Tomb-3-Pro-(non-parking)-Ankh-Saver-Run)" fully detailed thread for suggestions for your next video. There are many ways to run a map :) it will be neat to see what way you choose . Good luck!

princessraia
05-19-2016, 02:05 PM
im planning to take the video after event and yes that would be nice i guess i need to choose the most efficient way of running it without dying that much

thank you avaree and also Oez :))

Avaree
05-19-2016, 02:27 PM
im planning to take the video after event and yes that would be nice i guess i need to choose the most efficient way of running it without dying that much

thank you avaree and also Oez :))
There are many ways to run that (and all) map(s), however with PT3, if you can do pulls that drop the mages, your party will take less dmg and deaths. Breeze is very useful on the mobs in PT3. Enjoy !!

princessraia
05-19-2016, 02:49 PM
oohh breeze @.@ ty ava :*

Azrizal Rahimy
05-19-2016, 03:55 PM
nah my technique is better....very good for mage even the weak mage

princessraia
05-19-2016, 05:11 PM
nah my technique is better....very good for mage even the weak mage

Oh okay :) good for you :)

Oezheasate
05-19-2016, 09:12 PM
If u want i can run with u t2 and u compare my way of running n urs n just choose what is best for u and ur pt. i love t2 so any excuse to do a t2 run is most welcome ^^

ilhanna
05-20-2016, 12:13 AM
If u want i can run with u t2 and u compare my way of running n urs n just choose what is best for u and ur pt. i love t2 so any excuse to do a t2 run is most welcome ^^

Mememe count me in.

Oezheasate
05-20-2016, 05:38 AM
Mememe count me in.

Yay :3
/11 chars

princessraia
05-20-2016, 11:30 AM
omg yey!!! let's do the run on Sunday? :) want me to shoot a vid? lol hihihi :)

Oezheasate
05-20-2016, 12:33 PM
omg yey!!! let's do the run on Sunday? :) want me to shoot a vid? lol hihihi :)

U can video it if u want xd just make sure to photoshop my big fattie, shoot me a friend request and we can work out when we are both on.

princessraia
05-20-2016, 03:14 PM
i will oez i will :) \(^-^)/ uber excited right now hihihi :)

Oezheasate
05-20-2016, 08:47 PM
i will oez i will :) \(^-^)/ uber excited right now hihihi :)

Btw ign not oezheasate anymore, its ioez now fyi.

konafez
05-20-2016, 09:19 PM
Ty Raia, nice work

Oezheasate
05-22-2016, 08:30 PM
Awesome runs raia if u wanna farm tombs just lemme know, 36 essences left for breeze ^^

Adel Hesham
05-23-2016, 01:18 AM
As a mage..... i use my kelvin + gale force to stun the boss in planar 2 ..... he spends most of the fight ..... sleeeeeeping ......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ^-^

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

princessraia
05-23-2016, 08:13 AM
so i had an awesome run with really cool pipz in the game who did another planar tomb 2 with me and

all i can say is it was awesome!!! :) we also did the planar tomb 3 :) can't wait to do more runs with you guys on my upcoming vids :)) almost done with the editing and voice over i'll be done with the upload maybe tom. :)

princessraia
05-24-2016, 08:39 AM
added the vid lol ty Oez :)

Oezheasate
05-24-2016, 09:43 AM
added the vid lol ty Oez :)

Ty for running with me! Was very fun :)

princessraia
05-24-2016, 09:48 AM
no thank you guys for running with me it was fun still can't figure out what to do with planar 3 hahaha it was 7:32 minutes and i don't like my vids to long lol it gets boring ahahaha so i might split the parking and the boss fight

the run was finished in 6 minutes but since i have a really cool PT it deserves a good introduction

Oezheasate
05-24-2016, 02:05 PM
no thank you guys for running with me it was fun still can't figure out what to do with planar 3 hahaha it was 7:32 minutes and i don't like my vids to long lol it gets boring ahahaha so i might split the parking and the boss fight

the run was finished in 6 minutes but since i have a really cool PT it deserves a good introduction

Dont worry about us just do as u see fit :p

princessraia
05-24-2016, 02:11 PM
now since i have a cool team i can bring along with me on my video's ( honestly they bring me i don't bring them lol)

what does my arlorian family want to see on my videos??? :)

Terminhater
05-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Did someone say PLANAR and not invite me :/

*stretches and yawns* oh damn gotta level up :(

dukeskywalker
05-24-2016, 03:05 PM
Raia r u pinoy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

princessraia
05-24-2016, 07:51 PM
Raia r u pinoy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes I am :)

Saud
05-24-2016, 09:37 PM
why this thread is still up?

Oezheasate
05-25-2016, 04:35 AM
why this thread is still up?

Cuz u by comenting keep it up here?

princessraia
05-25-2016, 08:20 AM
added planar tomb 3 :)

Saud
05-25-2016, 12:09 PM
it was up before I reply

princessraia
05-25-2016, 02:15 PM
don't mind its... this thread is players who might need some sample on how to run planar tombs... its just basic :) of course im proud to post this because of the people who helped me accomplish the video :)

it shows teamwork and it show what having fun is all about :) if you feel that the thread does not suit you specially since your a pro you can feel free to leave a feedback so atleast i may learn from you

its all about sharing right??

sharing is caring lol :))

Develm
05-30-2016, 02:18 PM
Help me with planar tomb 3 pls

Sent from my GT-S7390 using Tapatalk

princessraia
06-06-2016, 10:38 AM
i can help you if im not busy farming we can squeeze you in pm me in game my ign is princessraia :)

Nobear
08-17-2016, 03:46 AM
I watched your videos, thank you for them and good job explaining stuff.

However...

My main is a 56 warrior (ign Mupim). I was weak before and couldn't tank mobs lol, but now I have Glint Aegis of Grit, Nekro, Arcane ring, etc., so mobs have become easy for me. But boss is still hard for me.

My best guess is it's either the timing, or stuns while boss is already stunned. Now you say count to 5 for a stun pet like George right? Or 8 sec for Nekro? First, I don't understand how Nekro will save the day. Yes he has a shield which I love, but after it is done, that flame pillar is still there smacking people. Is it his terrify or what?

Now whether it's 5 sec for a stun pet like George, or 8 sec for Nekro, something was going wrong with my party. I know people count at different rates. Most people count fast when their adrenaline is pumping. I'm a warrior, so my job is to keep cool at all times, and I count slow :D. I am counting like actual seconds. One one thousand, two one thousand, etc. So is it better to err on the side of being early or late when counting?

Sometimes the boss didn't get stunned at all (when I was using George). I am wondering if maybe another pet or ability was stunning him already, and a mob is immune to stun while already stunned. It seems like it was even happening when I was the only man alive and my party didn't have ankhs so they were running back. Yes I know, I told them to get ankhs for next time.

What are your thoughts that can help me? Or maybe we can run together one of these days. As I say, I can tank everything in pt1 now, something is just going on with trying to stun the boss. Again, ign is Mupim (main, tank), Mucinex and Azshandine are 50+ sorc and rogue alts.

Thank you!

Avaree
08-17-2016, 02:06 PM
I watched your videos, thank you for them and good job explaining stuff.

However...

My main is a 56 warrior (ign Mupim). I was weak before and couldn't tank mobs lol, but now I have Glint Aegis of Grit, Nekro, Arcane ring, etc., so mobs have become easy for me. But boss is still hard for me.

My best guess is it's either the timing, or stuns while boss is already stunned. Now you say count to 5 for a stun pet like George right? Or 8 sec for Nekro? First, I don't understand how Nekro will save the day. Yes he has a shield which I love, but after it is done, that flame pillar is still there smacking people. Is it his terrify or what?

Now whether it's 5 sec for a stun pet like George, or 8 sec for Nekro, something was going wrong with my party. I know people count at different rates. Most people count fast when their adrenaline is pumping. I'm a warrior, so my job is to keep cool at all times, and I count slow :D. I am counting like actual seconds. One one thousand, two one thousand, etc. So is it better to err on the side of being early or late when counting?

Sometimes the boss didn't get stunned at all (when I was using George). I am wondering if maybe another pet or ability was stunning him already, and a mob is immune to stun while already stunned. It seems like it was even happening when I was the only man alive and my party didn't have ankhs so they were running back. Yes I know, I told them to get ankhs for next time.

What are your thoughts that can help me? Or maybe we can run together one of these days. As I say, I can tank everything in pt1 now, something is just going on with trying to stun the boss. Again, ign is Mupim (main, tank), Mucinex and Azshandine are 50+ sorc and rogue alts.

Thank you!

From reading your description on what you wrote, you missed your timing with your pets to stun, or the party didnt use the highest amount of dmg at that time to stun the boss. Best pet to use for stun, is Kelvin, he has a 15 sec cd, & 100% stun with his aa. Try using kelvins aa after four seconds on big red circle, he usually gets the job done, however with this boss, when I see the big red circle, I start using skills that maximize my damage output that will stun the boss. Before engaging with boss make sure your party is buffed with the cryo awakening gem & the effigy doll.

Good luck :)

Nobear
08-17-2016, 03:12 PM
Ok, I thought George also had 100% stun chance on his AA, and the cooldown was low enough to be available for each of us every time the big red circle came up, but I will try Kelvin instead next time.

The first few attempts I started running away just before using pet AA, so I'd survive and be able to kite the boss in case the stun didn't work. But then I realized the pet's AA might not work if I was running away, so I stopped doing that.

I was definitely buffing my party with both cryo and effigy dolls. We did so many attempts that I buffed everyone at least 3 times lol. I also used the Revenge buff a few times upon death, which turned out to be a waste because everyone else died right before I did. I even drank a 25% damage reduction elixir and a 30% damage bonus elixir, and gave another 30% damage bonus elixir to a party member. Damage reduction and effigy don't stack, but 25% DR elixir will override effigy 15% DR but keep the 5% crit, right? Yeah, it was an expensive run lol.

So that boss is stunned just by receiving high damage? I didn't know that. Unfortunately — and I want to thank my party members for their time, and I think they did well for their gear and level — but they were not well-geared and one of them was level 51. Even so, there were a couple of times I noticed the boss was stunned, and I was wondering if my party members had used their pet's AA at inappropriate times, or used other pets or abilities with stun or stun chance.

Two main questions:

1) Is it high overall DPS that will stun the boss, or is he more likely to be stunned by big individual damage sources like Aimed Shot?

2) What's up with the Nekro shield strategy? Is that just to survive the pillar, or will it actually prevent a pillar from spawning just like stunning would?

Thank you!

Avaree
08-17-2016, 05:04 PM
Ok, I thought George also had 100% stun chance on his AA, and the cooldown was low enough to be available for each of us every time the big red circle came up, but I will try Kelvin instead next time.

The first few attempts I started running away just before using pet AA, so I'd survive and be able to kite the boss in case the stun didn't work. But then I realized the pet's AA might not work if I was running away, so I stopped doing that.

I was definitely buffing my party with both cryo and effigy dolls. We did so many attempts that I buffed everyone at least 3 times lol. I also used the Revenge buff a few times upon death, which turned out to be a waste because everyone else died right before I did. I even drank a 25% damage reduction elixir and a 30% damage bonus elixir, and gave another 30% damage bonus elixir to a party member. Damage reduction and effigy don't stack, but 25% DR elixir will override effigy 15% DR but keep the 5% crit, right? Yeah, it was an expensive run lol.

So that boss is stunned just by receiving high damage? I didn't know that. Unfortunately — and I want to thank my party members for their time, and I think they did well for their gear and level — but they were not well-geared and one of them was level 51. Even so, there were a couple of times I noticed the boss was stunned, and I was wondering if my party members had used their pet's AA at inappropriate times, or used other pets or abilities with stun or stun chance.

Two main questions:

1) Is it high overall DPS that will stun the boss, or is he more likely to be stunned by big individual damage sources like Aimed Shot?

2) What's up with the Nekro shield strategy? Is that just to survive the pillar, or will it actually prevent a pillar from spawning just like stunning would?

Thank you!

Pets also stun that boss, but yes overall high dps seems more reliable verses one individual (maps scale remember) . Nekro shield wont prevent a pillar from spawning, unless nek terrifies the boss at the proper time. Nek's shield does a few things, it reduces dmg, absorbs hp, removes snare, if shield is active before mobs that stun, you will be immune until shield drops.

ilhanna
08-17-2016, 11:55 PM

So that boss is stunned just by receiving high damage? I didn't know that. Unfortunately and I want to thank my party members for their time, and I think they did well for their gear and level but they were not well-geared and one of them was level 51. Even so, there were a couple of times I noticed the boss was stunned, and I was wondering if my party members had used their pet's AA at inappropriate times, or used other pets or abilities with stun or stun chance.

Two main questions:

Thank you!

One trick I learned for counting before using Kelvin's AA (and Kelvin, not George. They both have 100% stun AA but with Kelvin you have more certainty of the AA being fresh and ready when the next red circle appears) is to count the ring of fire that flashes out from boss. Hit AA after the sixth flare. But this means that your mage can't use fireball because the skill causes similar effect, so that's a handicap. Going full blast with damage is still the handiest way to cancel the tower.

I think to do this it's better to have only one player ,or at most two, use Kelvin (and it's better if the AA is attached to a pet that gives solid happy bonus so you're still dealing plenty of damage even when using Kelvin). The rest of the party use party crit buff pet (Maridos, Gyrm, Shadowlurk, Ribbit, whatever suits their class best) and AA the pet just when the red circle appears so the whole party can crit more when it's most needed. Make sure your rogues have three bow skills on their rotation.

I've duo'd this boss with a tank before, me on Glintstone Guile bow and he on Aegis Grit, and we both purposely didn't use pet that stuns/panicks/terrifies (I on Maridos, I forgot what he had, maybe Toor) and we managed to keep tower from spawning the whole run.

Nobear
08-18-2016, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the tips Ilhanna.

Well I just successfully applied to and joined Enigmatic, so I've got a guild full of players who can probably stun him just by their DPS now lol. Their test run for me was tanking Elite Northal which was a breeze with our group, and then I went on a few more runs with my sorc alt and looted the vanity bow. Fortunately, I've got a rogue alt too haha! Using it for now until I figure out how much it's worth and whether I want to sell it.

But hold on, you say 3 bow skills is max DPS for a rogue? My rogue has Zeus' old spec with Glint Bow (still the spec he has up on "Rogue's Tips and Tricks"), but I never thought to use SSS on bosses or few targets. I thought max single target DPS was alternating Aimed and Nox and spamming autoattacks in between. Am I wrong?

ilhanna
08-18-2016, 02:26 AM
Yes SSS is for multiple target, but since piercing to this boss during his red zone is risky I think it's easier and safer to blast with three bow attacks plus weapon hit. My idea is to maximize damage output when you can't pierce.

Nobear
08-18-2016, 02:31 AM
So in general, max single target rogue DPS is with a bow, Pierced, Aimed and Nox when safe, but Aimed, Nox and SSS when not safe? Less autoattacks that way, is it higher DPS even with a good weapon proc like bombs from Glint Bow?

Nobear
08-18-2016, 02:54 AM
haha I am up for that. Wow, I had not idea that a second stun UNdid the first. That much I did not expect. Well I'm ingame now, at this moment on Mupim. Alts are Mucinex and Azshandine, accept my friend requests already lol.

princessraia
08-23-2016, 09:19 AM
oh sorry lemme check my fl im sorry </3 didn't mean to be a snob

Nobear
08-23-2016, 09:55 AM
lol It's all good Raia, I was talking to avikk who has since accepted my friend requests, but I'd definitely be up for running with you too sometime :P.

School has started for me so I don't have as much time to play as over the summer, but I have tanked all three pt maps now with my new guild Enigmatic. It makes a world of difference to have such well-geared, strong DPSers. Nobody was even using a stun pet lol, they were just stunning him with their damage!

But I learned from your guides and as I say, I'd be up for running with you too :D. igns: Mupim (main, 56 tank), Mucinex (53 sorc), Azshandine (52 rogue).

princessraia
08-24-2016, 01:08 PM
oohhh i love enigmatic really nice players :) i don't have much time everytime i play i just farm or chill since prices are so low im too bored to play ahahaha bad me :(

but yeah if i feel doing planar i will let you know :)