PDA

View Full Version : Pet Powers | Egg Slots | "The Life Magic of Animancy" Guide

Cinco
05-18-2016, 05:50 PM
PET POWER SLOTS
We will be releasing a new system that allows you to slot Pet Eggs into existing Pets to create unique combinations!

SUMMARY
The system works like this: each of your Pets will get a pair of upgrade slots that you can unlock for Story Tokens.
When these slots are unlocked, you can use an (unopened) Egg from another Pet to override the Arcane Ability or the Happiness Bonus of your selected Pet.
The look of your preferred Pet and that Pet's Passive Ability remain the same, but the Arcane Ability and Happiness Bonus come from the Pet Eggs you put in the slots.

WALKTHROUGH
Let's take a brief walk through this new system step-by-step...

First, open your Pet Stable and tap on the Show Stats button at the top of the screen to see the new interface for Pet Slots:

At the bottom of the Stats page you will see an option to Open Slots.
Tap on this option and spend Story Tokens to unlock the Pet Slots.

Tap on one of the unlocked slots to override either the Arcane Ability or Happiness Bonus with an Egg in your inventory.
In this example, we're going to override Flap Jack's Arcane Ability.
Tap on the Arcane Ability slot to take the next step...

Browse your inventory of Pet Eggs and Choose the Egg you wish to put in the slot.
In this example, we'll use Munch Mouth's Egg to override Flap Jack's Arcane Ability.

Next, we're going to override Flap Jack's Happiness Bonus with The Egg Whim's.

Process is the same: tap on the Egg Slot, browse your inventory of Pet Eggs, and then Choose the one you want for the Happiness Bonus.

And now our trusty old Flap Jack has become a new creature... so we give him a new name (optional) to celebrate his awesomeness:

Aside from the sheer fun-factor, this system exists to re-energize the world of Pet Eggs and create an environment where we can reintroduce certain Eggs and create new Pets / Eggs that play (particularly) well in combination. For this reason, there are no immediate plans to introduce a 're-egging' system that will turn your activated Pets back into Eggs.

I hope you enjoy this system as much as we enjoyed making it! Developing and testing the huge variety of new Pet 'combos' has been a fantastic experience!! :-)
Looking forward to your comments and questions!

Donquixoth
05-18-2016, 05:53 PM
Passive = Nekro/Stampy (Highest Passive Damage)
Happines = Munch Mouth/Nekro/Maridos (Depend on class)
Arcane Ability = Nekro/Shady and Surge

Ticklish
05-18-2016, 06:00 PM
Cute! So we can put beast stats on pretty-looking pets. I'm looking forward to eggs being in Massive Cryostar soon.

Rockingtigertiger Tiger
05-18-2016, 06:00 PM
sounds intresting !exited about this upcoming feature :victorious:

Fyrce
05-18-2016, 06:01 PM
Wow. I see you can remove Eggs, just like the jewel system. Super interesting!

Haha, we're all gonna be egg collectors!

DarrenPR
05-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Hmm..... Looks like I'm going to have to buy my whole line-up of pets a second time =\

Saud
05-18-2016, 06:09 PM
. .
:D
This is awesome guys
crazy idea! I love it :p
when this will go live? next client?
And i see we can remove the egg, that cool
if we remove it
will the egg disappear ?
grimm passive+nekro AA+MM stats :D.

Eagleye
05-18-2016, 06:10 PM
This is awesome!

msustro
05-18-2016, 06:16 PM
Thanks STS. I'm also glad I never opened my MM egg!

Carapace
05-18-2016, 06:35 PM
. .
:D
This is awesome guys
crazy idea! I love it :p
when this will go live? next client?
And i see we can remove the egg, that cool
if we remove it
will the egg disappear ?
grimm passive+nekro AA+MM stats :D.

The egg will not disappear, however you will obviously not be able to trade it if it's in use

Adonisius
05-18-2016, 06:40 PM
whe you say override are you meaning that the arcane ability of my Nekro for exaple will be replaced for the (letīs say) Deary Arcane Ability "Grace = grants 15 strenght, dexterity and intelligence to all allies in range"? or will just be added to the Nekro Arcane Ability?

Mouly
05-18-2016, 06:43 PM
May I ask why it requires story tokens? I mean why not spread recipes around arlor for different pet combinations so that people can farm? Might benefit the f2p community and encourage farming.

extrapayah
Hmm..... Looks like I'm going to have to buy my whole line-up of pets a second time =\

yeah... so costly... interesting feature, but a bit demotivating with sudden increase of things to catch up... can't even see the horizon...

Fear
its like vanity pets. Watch my deary become stronger than sns..

Fyrce
05-18-2016, 06:46 PM
I took it to mean replaced, not that your pet will have two arcane abilities.

Thrucho
05-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Nice cool as hell.. but the egg can be remove when ever right??

Zeus
05-18-2016, 06:49 PM
This system is awesome, but it seems that there's no real use for completing a stable then?

extrapayah
05-18-2016, 06:51 PM
a question though, what will happen if a nekro is given kelvin's aa?
nekro is a ranged pet, but the aa is a melee attack, will it always hits nothing with the aa?

Fyrce
05-18-2016, 06:59 PM
Hahaha maybe thats for us to find out. Maybe some combos good; some crap.

DLQ
05-18-2016, 07:24 PM
At least give us a chance to re egg our pet now. So we dont need to buy new egg for this upgrade.

Already have sns, mm, nekro etc and got beastmaster title :(

Kingofninjas
05-18-2016, 07:40 PM
This system is awesome, but it seems that there's no real use for completing a stable then?

Yes, this is the first thing that came to my mind as well. There is no use for opening any new pet eggs other than for its passive ability, which has never been any motivation to do so.

I'm fact, this creates less of a demand for pets past the initial surge from the excitement because then you can essentially use the same pets for all your accounts without having to buy a single pet egg. It will be similar to a shared pet stable.

Vvards
05-18-2016, 07:47 PM
Nekro - base pet for the passive ability coz at lower levels it still has that chance to stun and high damage

SNS - slot this in for the arcane ability
MM - slot this in for the happiness bonus and get that huge armor boost

Tanks will be so happy with this combination

GG!

this update is just meh for me if sts does not introduce a re-egg system, they can even make those re-egged pets untradable if the economic implication concerns them that much, although I doubt they will introduce a pet re-egg system since this update encourages players to pop a bazillion crates to meet the new demands for pet eggs.

Trenton
05-18-2016, 08:40 PM
So now people who already have spent many millions of gold to get great pets are expected to spend more millions of gold to be able to have custom overpowered pets? Buying pets we already have isn't going to work great. I think we should be able to re-egg our own pets, making them non-tradable and non-stashable, and be able to put them into the other eggs. If we unsocket a pet, and re-open it, it should go back to level 1. This would still be fair because we can't sell it to make gold off of it, can't re-egg it to use on another toon, and putting it back to level 1 will be fair so it is as if we purchased the egg brand new.

extrapayah
05-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Yes, this is the first thing that came to my mind as well. There is no use for opening any new pet eggs other than for its passive ability, which has never been any motivation to do so.

I'm fact, this creates less of a demand for pets past the initial surge from the excitement because then you can essentially use the same pets for all your accounts without having to buy a single pet egg. It will be similar to a shared pet stable.

don't forget we're limited to 2 re-slotting per day, for 5 tokens each. it agree it won't increase the urge to complete stable, but it won't reduce the demands of eggs, nor it is similar to shared pet stable,

people who usually opens new useless pets are motivated by an urge to collect, even if they won't open it, they will eventually want to collect the eggs...
people who is an economist are usually buying eggs after checking its usefulness, so the demands of new eggs will depends on its quality, for this people, they will ends up selling useless eggs, but then again, there will be only over supply of underpowered eggs that have a direct upgrade compared to new eggs, it will be like an expired gears, where still be in demand for poor-middle class
people who is perfectionist will find more eggs needed to perfect all their pets, because a capped pet stable means a 100% pet stable with additional ~200% more of eggs, slotted in each pets

but we'll see :P

anyway, i'm one of the few players who level up their pet only to see their pet's passive maximum capability, i hope i'm not alone...
and a bit out of topic, leveling up all the pet to see their maximum potential is endless thing to do... i hope sts reconsider the xp needed for pet to level up and ofc... shared pet stable :P

Kaziscate
05-18-2016, 09:08 PM
Hmmmmm here is a few nice combos that I will be trying to go for:
Aggressive Pet (Great on mobs)
-Passive:Maridos
-Happiness Bonus:Nightshade
-Arcane Ability:Shady and Surge
Defensive Pet (Great on bosses)
-Passive:Samael
-Happiness Bonus:Munch Mouth
-Arcane Ability:Nekro

Shobhit Chaturvedi
05-18-2016, 09:11 PM
So how the pet leveling will work in new egg system? Also what will happen to our existing pets? Will they also be converted to account bound eggs?

epicrrr
05-18-2016, 10:25 PM
Oh yea aweseome!!

Kingofninjas
05-18-2016, 10:40 PM
don't forget we're limited to 2 re-slotting per day, for 5 tokens each. it agree it won't increase the urge to complete stable, but it won't reduce the demands of eggs, nor it is similar to shared pet stable,

people who usually opens new useless pets are motivated by an urge to collect, even if they won't open it, they will eventually want to collect the eggs...
people who is an economist are usually buying eggs after checking its usefulness, so the demands of new eggs will depends on its quality, for this people, they will ends up selling useless eggs, but then again, there will be only over supply of underpowered eggs that have a direct upgrade compared to new eggs, it will be like an expired gears, where still be in demand for poor-middle class
people who is perfectionist will find more eggs needed to perfect all their pets, because a capped pet stable means a 100% pet stable with additional ~200% more of eggs, slotted in each pets

but we'll see :P

anyway, i'm one of the few players who level up their pet only to see their pet's passive maximum capability, i hope i'm not alone...
and a bit out of topic, leveling up all the pet to see their maximum potential is endless thing to do... i hope sts reconsider the xp needed for pet to level up and ofc... shared pet stable :P

I feel that the demand for pet eggs will surge up, and once that surge is dealt with, the demand will crash. Once each player has their munch mouth, Nekro and sns eggs, why would they bother opening any more pet eggs? All they have to do is use the happiness bonus of mm, passive of Nekro and aa of sns or nekro depending on the situation.

Luciano Lobo
05-18-2016, 10:46 PM
Make a re-egg system but with untradeable eggs.

epicrrr
05-18-2016, 10:55 PM
Make a re-egg system but with untradeable eggs.

yes i was thinking of this too, i have a bunch of arcanes and i want to use them, can we re egg them but make them untradeable/unstashable?

Energizeric
05-18-2016, 10:56 PM
Question: For those who may know, is Samael's passive heal/mana regen part of his passive ability or part of his happiness bonus?

On another note, I posted in the bugs forum a few days ago that Samael's passive heal/mana regen has not been functioning at all since the new game client was released.

xutreuqux
05-18-2016, 11:40 PM
I agree they should give players chance to re egg pets when this comes live.
And some pets counter each other like for rogue, maridos is good for hp and armor, and nekro weak hp but strong shield so in vs they still can have chance to beat each other but now maridos and nekro AA gg to pvp gaps

Gladius
05-18-2016, 11:49 PM
Why is everyone forgetting that the passive ability of that pet remains the same

Zeus
05-18-2016, 11:51 PM
If we already have the pet, we shouldn't need to buy the pet again...it basically just undermines any work players put into getting pets and rewards those who only bothered to get the basic useful pets.

Java
05-18-2016, 11:54 PM
If we already have the pet, we shouldn't need to buy the pet again...it basically just undermines any work players put into getting pets and rewards those who only bothered to get the basic useful pets.
You should be able to combined them if you own them already...Maybe have to relevel it if you unslot it. That's how I wish it worked anyhow. [emoji5]

Ravager
05-18-2016, 11:57 PM
Question: For those who may know, is Samael's passive heal/mana regen part of his passive ability or part of his happiness bonus?

On another note, I posted in the bugs forum a few days ago that Samael's passive heal/mana regen has not been functioning at all since the new game client was released.

Before samael was bugged, his aura healed only when happy which leads me to believe it's a happiness bonus. Fantasma on the other hand, at higher levels heals as it attacks opponents and does not need to be happy. And you should be able to combine them for massive HP MP regen.

sevenpain
05-19-2016, 12:15 AM
So what will happen to the egg that was use to change pet happiness or arcane ability ???

Kyle Paule
05-19-2016, 12:31 AM
So what will happen to the egg that was use to change pet happiness or arcane ability ???

Same question here. What will happen and how we will remove it

sevenpain
05-19-2016, 12:37 AM
I think it best once you use the egg it remove from your inventory since you have combine it to get better stat or pet combo for yourself this way the value of the pet won't keep dropping as dramatic and if you want to change the stat again just combine new pet ability at your own cost.

I think that is fair enough

Energizeric
05-19-2016, 12:44 AM
Before samael was bugged, his aura healed only when happy which leads me to believe it's a happiness bonus. Fantasma on the other hand, at higher levels heals as it attacks opponents and does not need to be happy. And you should be able to combine them for massive HP MP regen.

Add in SnS arcane ability with the healing pools, and that would be a really cool pet!

Valkiryas
05-19-2016, 02:23 AM
Samael Pasive ( Good Damage Attack + Curse Toxic Chance + Healing Ability ) + MM Happines Bonnus + Nekro AA = Dreamed Pet *-*

Dex Scene
05-19-2016, 02:55 AM
crazy idea. +100
Awesomeness overload

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Meexii
05-19-2016, 08:13 AM
i just hope this game just dont end as a joke but sounds cool for first...
whats about the visual of the arcane ability it change too? if not woud be mby bad cause u dont see the range of singe or nekro.. hmm.
and new speed set are u guys working on that on pvp. it seems to me kinda joke too a mage just tricked me out by running around rocks couldnt even aim..

Kakashis
05-19-2016, 08:16 AM
I almost have all the arcane pets, and they are rotting in stable most of them unused. The system reqires purchasing same eggs again to make it work

At least We arent forced to buy because abilities and happyness bonus doesnt stack which makes SnS still the best pet atm.

Maybe just maybe for old players or players who spent time or money to complete stable you can make a system of re-egg but "Untradeable" bound re eggings to not mess with economy.Thats makes everyone happy :)

Yes, please allow for re-egging and make them not stash able or tradable. It won't affect the economy too much

epicrrr
05-19-2016, 08:33 AM
Samael Pasive ( Good Damage Attack + Curse Toxic Chance + Healing Ability ) + MM Happines Bonnus + Nekro AA = Dreamed Pet *-*

Ill get this pet combo and name it "Doomsday" dun dunn dun :banana:

Cinco
05-19-2016, 09:34 AM
whats about the visual of the arcane ability it change too? if not woud be mby bad cause u dont see the range of singe or nekro.. hmm.

When you slot an Egg to replace your Pet's arcane ability, you will see the visuals of the new ability; not the Pet's old ability.
In other words, if your 'Timber' uses 'Nekro's ability, you will see the visuals for 'Nekro' :-)

Cinco
05-19-2016, 09:43 AM
May I ask why it requires story tokens? I mean why not spread recipes around arlor for different pet combinations so that people can farm? Might benefit the f2p community and encourage farming.

Story tokens are extremely easy to get if you play the game. Farming should already be heavily encouraged by this new purpose for existing eggs... plus the fact that a bunch of awesome new (extremely powerful) Pets are going to be released in the near future.

khar
05-19-2016, 09:45 AM
What about the AA cooldown? Will it be the same as that of the original pet or the slotted egg?

wangkj
05-19-2016, 09:46 AM
Lol now deary will have a great arcane ability and passive

Cinco
05-19-2016, 09:55 AM
What about the AA cooldown? Will it be the same as that of the original pet or the slotted egg?

The cooldown will come from the slotted Egg; not the original pet's ability - in order to maintain balance.

Jiinzou
05-19-2016, 09:57 AM
The cooldown will come from the slotted Egg; not the original pet's ability - in order to maintain balance.

Cinco.. any chanche to be allowed to use pets that we already own for combos? Even if its just for weekend... Many people are hopin for this,please give us an answer,even if negative ;-;

Ssneakykills
05-19-2016, 09:59 AM

Wasn't a real reason in the first place except bragging rights really

Cinco
05-19-2016, 10:00 AM
Cinco.. any chanche to be allowed to use pets that we already own for combos? Even if its just for weekend... Many people are hopin for this,please give us an answer,even if negative ;-;

Nope. You will need eggs. Fortunately, there are plenty out there and the community is very gracious when they know a big system like this is coming. Therefore, I suspect that people will keep gold asking prices for Eggs very reasonable so that everyone gets a fair chance to play with the new stuff.

Jiinzou
05-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Nope. You will need eggs. Fortunately, there are plenty out there and the community is very gracious when they know a big system like this is coming. Therefore, I suspect that people will keep gold asking prices for Eggs very reasonable so that everyone gets a fair chance to play with the new stuff.

Tyvm even tho I just realized u stated it on thread,my bad XD
+1 for this amazing and creative system and hopin a lot to see Samael comin back!!

Mouly
05-19-2016, 10:13 AM
Story tokens are extremely easy to get if you play the game. Farming should already be heavily encouraged by this new purpose for existing eggs... plus the fact that a bunch of awesome new (extremely powerful) Pets are going to be released in the near future.

I think you misunderstood me. This is not about what there already is, it is about what there could be. I am aware how easily story tokens can be obtained and that is why I see this as a missed opportunity. Story tokens are boring and hardly considered a source of income. Farmable pet combination recipes will bring challenging content at the same time as it enhances the f2p experience with yet another source of income. Make them drop from elite bosses throughout Arlor, be creative hehe...

Cinco
05-19-2016, 10:14 AM
I think you misunderstood me. This is not about what there already is, it is about what there could be. I am aware how easily story tokens can be obtained and that is why I see this as a missed opportunity. Story tokens are boring and hardly considered a source of income. Farmable pet combination recipes will bring challenging content at the same time as it enhances the f2p experience with yet another source of income. Make them drop from elite bosses throughout Arlor, be creative hehe...

Good feedback! I think it'll be lots more fun to excite the farming crowd with brand new, super-powerful rare Pet Eggs that nobody's ever seen before.

Mouly
05-19-2016, 10:32 AM
Good feedback! I think it'll be lots more fun to excite the farming crowd with brand new, super-powerful rare Pet Eggs that nobody's ever seen before.

Uhm, okay xD

Zeus
05-19-2016, 10:41 AM

LOL at the sarcasm! We are all going to pay through our teeth. :D

Suentous PO
05-19-2016, 10:49 AM
Waiting for the emerald city expansion and the poke master title!

Wait, did Samhayne come back?

Trenton
05-19-2016, 10:50 AM
Just got de-excited for this, needing complete new eggs is not a great idea. Of course it's a great idea for STS, but I've made around 35m the whole time I've played AL. About 30m has went towards pets, I can't just buy another 20m-30m worth of pets to be able to compete with those that can. I have the pets already, why are we not able to have a re-egg system with non-tradable and non-stashable pets?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Energizeric
05-19-2016, 11:38 AM
LOL at the sarcasm! We are all going to pay through our teeth. :D

I think that is the idea. Lots of us (Ok, perhaps only me! LOL) have been complaining that Arcane prices have dropped to almost nothing over the past year. This should cause prices to rebound a bit, perhaps if just for a little while. Increasing demand will always do that. :)

Also, I think certain pet eggs that you may not expect will become more interesting. For example, some pets that are not even legendary may have a really good AA, but a very poor happiness bonus. In the past such an egg would have not been very interesting to most people, but now suddenly it becomes very interesting to use in a pet combo.

nightmaresmoke
05-19-2016, 11:42 AM
This concept is pretty messed up, pets rarity is wasted i mean what's the purpose of it really the fact it denies having the beastmaster title this ain't digimon even pokemon franchise didn't think of something like this. It really messes up of having each type of pet rarity the concept is fresh but Arcane Legends doesn't this at all better think of something else than this, sorry for being negative but that's my opinion to each is own some will like this but for me i'm 100% against this.

Just an opinion.

DarrenPR
05-19-2016, 12:10 PM

This is sarcasm right? If not, are you sure you know the game community? People with a lot of money are going to monopolize the market on desired pet eggs by buying them all up and refusing to sell for "reasonable" prices. My feedback: I'm not looking forward to spending another 15-20m for pets I already own but never use any more, but could find usefulness in the AA of in very obscure situations, but overall it's demotivating to think about how I'm going to have to pull out a second mortgage to obtain these pets a second time (as most don't drop in the current crates anymore, making them even more rare than when I originally bought them).

Cinco
05-19-2016, 12:26 PM
This is sarcasm right? If not, are you sure you know the game community? People with a lot of money are going to monopolize the market on desired pet eggs by buying them all up and refusing to sell for "reasonable" prices. My feedback: I'm not looking forward to spending another 15-20m for pets I already own but never use any more, but could find usefulness in the AA of in very obscure situations, but overall it's demotivating to think about how I'm going to have to pull out a second mortgage to obtain these pets a second time (as most don't drop in the current crates anymore, making them even more rare than when I originally bought them).

You should expect Pet Eggs to be much more readily available. Also expect to see certain Pets coming back to address the issues surrounding excessive rarity that you mention.

extrapayah
05-19-2016, 12:33 PM
nice... more powerful pets to come?
but tbh, i think we need to converge the number of pets available, limited time re-egging chance, and shared pet stable :P

Luciano Lobo
05-19-2016, 01:44 PM
What's the point of having this system when the only good mixes are between the arcane pets only? some legendaries might have a great aa but are a phew and even though it doesn't have any sense to combine there aa with an arcane pet. You will only need one pet to play the game with this system if you are not a collector and have efficiency. It would have been even greater to have a rune system to enhance the power of your favourite pet with stats or abilities. Bringing a re-egg non tradeable system will be more player friendly without the cost of buying a whole bunch of new arcane pets or hoping to loot one wich is disastrous. As I saw it this is another of your vicious experiments.

extrapayah
05-19-2016, 02:09 PM
yup yup, rather than an egg-based augmentation, an unlockable mechanism could be great :P, like reaching certain level of the pet and then do some specific quest, unique to the pet, and after done successfully, its aa/happiness bonus can be equipped to other pets

if you're insisting with egg-based, please don't forget to release konga, grave, and valkin in form of eggs, and also, the very rare scorch :D:D:D

Iove
05-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Nekro and SNS @.@

Enviado de meu Moto X usando Tapatalk

xmami
05-19-2016, 03:22 PM
So... i get to give my cute pink Cinder dragon nekro's aa?? :O sweet mother of macaroni that's amazeballs. Costly, but the idea is good lol
I prolly wont be rich enough to try it tho xD

resurrected
05-19-2016, 03:28 PM
@Cinco so i can mix up 3 pets ?

KingMartin
05-19-2016, 03:29 PM
If you plan to increase egg drop rates, good. But if not, you should give us at least time-limited chance to re-egg (like event weekend, maybe).
All of us veteran players hatched pets that were very useful at their time and would be useful again as eggs.

Also, how about AA cooldown? Inherited from the original pet or from the egg? I assume the former?

Donquixoth
05-19-2016, 03:33 PM
Just a question, so when using NERKO Arcane Ability, we need another NEKRO egg to get its happines bonus, am I right?

Quonabebi
05-19-2016, 03:43 PM
OMG i love it ty

abigailsl
05-19-2016, 03:47 PM
So basically what you are saying is buy all my 90 pets again. Because re-egging the 87 i don't use isn't possible. What a rip off imo

TW84
05-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Well done sts. Make people buy the same egg 2++ times. What a way to rake in the greens as people open the lockeds.

Already spent a fortune on eggs and now i cant use them to combine??
Please tell me I'm wrong!

Zynzyn
05-19-2016, 03:52 PM
Whoever came up with this idea and developed it, genius! This is going to be so much fun...:encouragement:

PS: Could we please have more ways to earn story tokens? Just 10 tokens a day is so tedious. Maybe we could have 1 Bard each in every town? Or the number of story tokens could be increased perhaps? How about lessening the time limit (only once a day for 10 tokens is too less) for story quests?

abigailsl
05-19-2016, 03:53 PM
Been around since feb 2011 starting to wonder why . Can us poor get a dang bone

Zeus
05-19-2016, 03:55 PM
You should expect Pet Eggs to be much more readily available. Also expect to see certain Pets coming back to address the issues surrounding excessive rarity that you mention.

Please bring back porkchop too! The fact that you can only get it by leveling your character is really a bummer.

TheJuz
05-19-2016, 04:43 PM
So... i get to give my cute pink Cinder dragon nekro's aa?? :O sweet mother of macaroni that's amazeballs. Costly, but the idea is good lol
I prolly wont be rich enough to try it tho xD
LOL im with you!
😂

TheJuz
05-19-2016, 04:47 PM
Just a question, so when using NERKO Arcane Ability, we need another NEKRO egg to get its happines bonus, am I right?
Yea i think thats right bc it shows that each slot requiers an egg and does not show the option of using one egg for both slots. :/

Bvtz
05-19-2016, 05:15 PM
Its basically PET VANITY

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Lethoiun
05-19-2016, 05:30 PM
Its basically PET VANITY

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Not really... you can combine any Arcane ability and any passive ability, into a pet. Like singe aa in frost and little bear passive ability with it

Also I think we should be able to re egg pets we own to use for this new system becuase many people want it this way... it won't affect anything if its not tradeable

Carapace
05-19-2016, 06:17 PM
Not really... you can combine any Arcane ability and any passive ability, into a pet. Like singe aa in frost and little bear passive ability with it

Also I think we should be able to re egg pets we own to use for this new system becuase many people want it this way... it won't affect anything if its not tradeable

We did think about this, but by doing that it creates an unfair advantage for certain players and messes with the secondary economy in an unknown but bad way. Usually when it comes to big systems like this we try and look at not only the individual player experience, but also the entire game community experience over a long period of time. If everyone could re-egg their Nekros on day 1, then suddenly Nekro's value would plummet because its surged in the market and everyone is upset that they re-egged their Nekro only wanting to keep him but need to relevel him again from 1 to 56. There are pros and cons in every permutation, however by leaving pets already collected in the stable, it will reinvigorate certain pets for different reasons. Passive bonuses, AAs, or just the visual/vanity aspect of the pet all become different and attractive components for players to mix and match. The fairest thing to do is leave everyone exactly as they are now, with the pets they already own and allow for future collection and unlocking of eggs. What we've done is add a layer on top of the foundation of pets, instead of shuffling the understood foundation which has potentially dire consequences beyond everyone's individual experience.

Keep in mind, there is a Story Token cost involved with unlocking the slots for each individual pet, as well as a minor unsocketing story token fee so even the most dedicated of players can only unlock things so fast with a stockpile of story tokens. We feel this is acceptable because many players will find a combination they like and not feel the need to mess with it too much outside of having a rotation of used pets.

Like so many things in the game it's awesome to have nice things. Arcane's, Mythics, pets and amazing event limited vanities, but the thing we tend to forget is that the exclusivity and the rarity of such things is what creates that feeling of exclusivity and pride in the first place. If everyone can own everything, then it is no longer special. It's no longer worth Gold to another player, and it's not interesting or noteworthy because it is everywhere. The same methodology applies here in this new pet system, because if everyone can egg up and swap and sell for the combination everyone wants then the exclusivity and the spcial feeling gets lost with it.

Beoperson
05-19-2016, 06:18 PM
I guess people forget they dont have to do this have your pets alrdy? Good. Otherwise farm i have singe but im definitely going to buy another to put in my blinky lol great idea sts.

Side note can this idea be used for weapon procs xD put the procs u want in a weapon xD

Lolifee
05-19-2016, 06:24 PM
then my breeze wont suck in stats anymore cuz of nightshade :)

blaknate
05-19-2016, 07:04 PM
Yea with this system Samuel will hopefully come back as ppl would prob use nightshades happiness to replace Sams

Proposal
05-19-2016, 07:39 PM
Wow interesting idea. May I know when will this be live? Seeing from the past experience this kind of implementation might have a lot bugs at the first place as it involves all pets to be reengineered. Also, its hard to recognize noob pet in pvp.. need to always beware..

hastlin
05-19-2016, 08:25 PM
Omg nice, good job sts :)

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk

Adonisius
05-19-2016, 10:17 PM
Please answer my question. Override means Replace AA or add? If yes. Why 2 slots?

Java
05-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Please answer my question. Override means Replace AA or add? If yes. Why 2 slots?
Override means replace. One slot for happiness bonus. One for arcane ability.

epicrrr
05-19-2016, 11:56 PM
Can we at least have 1 re-egg untradeable/unstashable arcane pet of our choosing per account? I have i think 6 arcane pet would like to infuse at least 1 of them to a ribbit or something. Im sure many of us have 3-5 arcane pets.

Saintclaws
05-20-2016, 12:01 AM
That sounds really nice but that's more for the plat buyers cause ppl like me who hunt to get money makes it hard to buy stuffs some times cause not every single player in AL is a good person i meet a couple greedy ones who doesn't lower u a cent even try to get more gold u.u but yeh will b good for the plat buyers not too much for the f2p players u.u (a very personal opinion)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luciano Lobo
05-20-2016, 01:08 AM
Can you make it untradeable? with this system you are desnaturalizing the conception of having pets. yes you could realease new pets in the future with better looks etc but now are we gonna treat there eggs like socketable jewels always waiting for the next best thing. this is what i think is vicious.

sevenpain
05-20-2016, 02:34 AM
How about allow us to use the egg happiness and arcane ability on 2 seperate pet cause some pet have really good happiness and arcane ability.
For example sns it cost quite a fair bit if only allow to use the pet either happiness or arcane ability only it seem really unfair
So my suggestion is allow each egg to use both happiness and arcane ability seperately once both is use the egg will be disappear from your inventory and ofcourse once you use either happiness or Aa already the egg won't be tradable anymore

Meexii
05-20-2016, 03:12 AM
ok sweet thx! :)

Rara
05-20-2016, 04:36 AM
Wow, something new and interesting! :love_heart:

I think this will work well for armors/weapons etc too!

Like you can choose the looks of armors/weapons, and their stats together with their proc or something like that! ^^

Or perhaps/maybe there can be an option to turn any armors/weapons into a vanity ^^ (I know this was suggested before)

*I know this might make vanity seems useless but there will be more varieties and choices!*
And this will definitely please collectors! ^^

Magemagix
05-20-2016, 04:44 AM
Sts, can i re-egg eggs that i have in my other acc that i dont use anymore? And put them on my new acc, egg will be non-tradable bt stachable

Lolifee
05-20-2016, 04:48 AM
*I know this might make vanity seems useless but there will be more varieties and choices!*
And this will definitely please collectors! ^^

imagine the demonlord as vanity! my fave armor

Rara
05-20-2016, 04:57 AM
imagine the demonlord as vanity! my fave armor

Pretty and awesome! :love_heart:

resurrected
05-20-2016, 05:03 AM
Override means replace. One slot for happiness bonus. One for arcane ability.
Does it mean passive ability will stay ? O.o

lembuswana
05-20-2016, 05:22 AM
This system will only make the players more and more stops , I think this is a good idea to increase purchases of platinum .

I was disappointed with the changes arcane legend in 2016 .

Saud
05-20-2016, 06:49 AM
so you saying that re-egg will effect the market
so why not make re-egg recipe?
I don't know how it will work?
but it might drop in the new elite bosses
or give us 1 re-egg choice
Thanks for hearing us.

Froxanthar
05-20-2016, 07:41 AM
So this is the reason why eggs price increase lately.

And I wonder, will the slotted egg get destroyed if they're removed/replaced from the slots? Because its best if its get destroyed. Kinda like gold sink for those who doesn't know what to do with their golds. Hmm.. I don't know. I personally don't like this egg slots systems because it will make Arcane Legends become Pet Legends? Or maybe I don't like it because I need to buy expensive pets again. Anyway, I won't deny it was an amazing idea from you guys +1.

Thaze
05-20-2016, 07:53 AM
+1
One re-egg choice.

will0
05-20-2016, 08:12 AM
i petition +1 to re-egg option with platinum

Kingofninjas
05-20-2016, 09:45 AM
How about giving each player the chance to re egg pet egg and make the reegged pet untradable?

Otahaanak
05-20-2016, 10:00 AM
How about giving each player the chance to re egg pet egg and make the reegged pet untradable?

Agree 100%

Untradeable re-egg option would be a big win for those of us who have spent millions on pets over the years. I buy my share of plat, but at first glance this new system is going to force me to do buy them again just to be able to compete. A trend that I thought was being reversed.

I guess I'll wait to pass full judgement until I see how "more available" the eggs become.

cheifpiece
05-20-2016, 11:32 AM
Super awesome I love that you could get your egg back;)

Snoobcat
05-20-2016, 11:41 AM
Gonna try MM stats+Kelvin's aa. Its pretty good for Warrior IMO

Serancha
05-20-2016, 12:16 PM
I think this is absolutely fantastic, and will add new life into the egg market. Now if arcane eggs weren't 99% crate only, we might be in business. I read something at some point about making older arcane pets drop, but if the drop rates are anything like arcane drop rates throughout the history of the game, they might as well not be in the loot table. However, these dev posts imply that eggs will be more plentiful, so hopefully this won't be an issue.

One question though: when you slot other eggs into an existing pet, does that pet retain it's current level, or get reset to level one? If it retains it's level, does it gain that level's passive from the slotted egg? Like if I have a level 30 Malison and slot in Hammerjaw - will the passive ability be that of a level 30 hammerjaw? (This would be logical but STS has unusual logic sometimes :))

Carapace
05-20-2016, 02:24 PM
I think this is absolutely fantastic, and will add new life into the egg market. Now if arcane eggs weren't 99% crate only, we might be in business. I read something at some point about making older arcane pets drop, but if the drop rates are anything like arcane drop rates throughout the history of the game, they might as well not be in the loot table. However, these dev posts imply that eggs will be more plentiful, so hopefully this won't be an issue.

One question though: when you slot other eggs into an existing pet, does that pet retain it's current level, or get reset to level one? If it retains it's level, does it gain that level's passive from the slotted egg? Like if I have a level 30 Malison and slot in Hammerjaw - will the passive ability be that of a level 30 hammerjaw? (This would be logical but STS has unusual logic sometimes :))

Level is tied to the Pet in the stable. So if you have a Munch Mouth level 42, he will remain 42 and level independently of whatever eggs he has slotted into him. The normal white damage attacks for the pet will remain the same as the pet used. For example Glacian has the 3 Ice Crystal attack at level 40+, this will remain the same regardless of the eggs socketed in the pet.

Deejay Magan
05-20-2016, 04:52 PM
If i combine dovas passive 10% reduce crit and gyrms aa 15% reduce crit will i get 25% reduce crit or 15% only.nightshade has a + 17% damage and i will activate stanlee's aa which is + 20% will it stack?

iiy
05-21-2016, 01:52 AM
For this update I think STS can put a Re-Egg option for all pets (already bought) so we don't have to waste all that gold in pets that we already have in stable, so when we Re-Egg it, it automaticly makes Egg as non-tradeable to avoid the sell of it.

splendeo
05-21-2016, 04:28 AM
At least give us a chance to re egg our pet now. So we dont need to buy new egg for this upgrade.

Already have sns, mm, nekro etc and got beastmaster title :(

Yeah this would be super useful and saves a lot of gold

lissil
05-21-2016, 04:44 AM
Please bring back porkchop too! The fact that you can only get it by leveling your character is really a bummer.
Collecting pets too! Knowing I won't be able to get it is very demotivating.

Uicheusa
05-21-2016, 05:00 AM
Time to hoard Abaddon eggs

Cyberspirit
05-21-2016, 12:10 PM
OMG!!! This is so awesome! Now we can have a cute and super powerful pet!

tomsawer
05-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Wow! Im super super impressed G. And devs keep it up.

galaxy s7 edge

DLQ
05-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Simple question to sts :
1st, when i already have sns, nekro, singe, mm, and another arcane pet, i need to buy new egg to combine with my pet?
2nd, what should i do with my old pet?
3rd, just imagine u r a regular player like me and others, r u okay to spend your gold to buy an egg that actually already live on your stable?

Trenton
05-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Simple question to sts :
1st, when i already have sns, nekro, singe, mm, and another arcane pet, i need to buy new egg to combine with my pet?
2nd, what should i do with my old pet?
3rd, just imagine u r a regular player like me and others, r u okay to spend your gold to buy an egg that actually already live on your stable?
I'm not sure they really care about the last part, they don't daily play the game (that we know of o.O) and if people pop more crates for more eggs then that's better business for them. Individual players' convenience is not something that a company thrives to better.

epicrrr
05-21-2016, 01:17 PM
When is new pet infuse system coming?

ThaAnas
05-21-2016, 05:20 PM
I m sorry but I think this system is totally rubish but maybe its good lets see whats coming up with it...

Energizeric
05-21-2016, 10:16 PM
Well, I've got my MM egg with its OP happiness bonus ready to be added to my Nekro for my level 10 twinks sorcerer. :)

Trenton
05-22-2016, 12:04 AM
Well, I've got my MM egg with its OP happiness bonus ready to be added to my Nekro for my level 10 twinks sorcerer. :)
Pretty sure you're gonna have no competition anymore lol

Highest damage of any L10 plus the fact that you'll have more armor than any tank without MM, you've created quite a beast.

Zynzyn
05-22-2016, 03:38 AM

Please make this happen STS. Let the egg be untradable. I have bought new arcane eggs that i do not have just to try out this new system but I also wish to use my current arcanes that are already in stable and do not want to be forced to purchase them again.

Viktor Atanasov
05-22-2016, 06:25 AM
Can you make the reegg eggs to be tradeble.Or if players dont want that please let them be stashable atleast.So i can transfer my endgame rogue pets to twink rogue. Ty

Ravager
05-22-2016, 01:56 PM
I really hope there is no timer to slot the pets like crafting.

Extreme2014
05-22-2016, 01:58 PM
Yeah you craft it for hours. You don't like it and you gotta craft again for hours.

Faliziaga
05-23-2016, 01:34 AM
I really hope there is no timer to slot the pets like crafting.

this and I hope that the egg part of the stable is not going to count towards the inventory but will get an extra organized egg category thus not messing up between the stuff, chests and crates in the 'chest' inventory with the cursor still hopping uncontrollably around when opening a bunch of chests.

Adel Hesham
05-23-2016, 08:16 AM
So i want to ask if i understand this well :
SO, if i have A First pet ..... i can add an AA of a Second pet And Happiness of A Third pet to the First pet ?! ..... so the new modified pet will have :
1- his original passive attack ?!
2- the AA of the second pet ?!
3- The Happiness of the Third pet ?!
-----------------------------------
Is that right ?!

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Yakuza_Malaysia
05-23-2016, 08:23 AM
sissy games...
breeding...
egg..

*psst*

Gouiwaa9000
05-23-2016, 08:25 AM
I think all of our pets should be re-egged ( eggs untradeble ofcrs ) , but will still keep their lvl ( If you had lest say lvl56 nekro you will receive a "Nekro's egg ( lvl56 )". This way we can actually try the system without having to buy all of our already owned pets again , just to try out a combo...

Getrekktttt
05-23-2016, 08:27 AM
Re egg lmao even its not tradeable that the pets we re- egg . Just to ugrade :///

Laitumkhrah
05-23-2016, 08:35 AM
Great......

Yakuza_Malaysia
05-23-2016, 08:36 AM
how to solve this problem--------------2x odds weekend--------------

Asron9
05-23-2016, 09:57 AM
I think all of our pets should be re-egged ( eggs untradeble ofcrs ) , but will still keep their lvl ( If you had lest say lvl56 nekro you will receive a "Nekro's egg ( lvl56 )". This way we can actually try the system without having to buy all of our already owned pets again , just to try out a combo...
1+ agree

Sent from my K012 using Tapatalk

Xenagraff
05-23-2016, 10:49 AM
Let us re-egg 1 pet . 1 re-egg kit for account would be great. Thanks

Cinco
05-23-2016, 11:07 AM
Thanks for all the great feedback! We are very excited to see how pet combinations come together once this feature goes Live!

The desire to re-Egg your existing Stable is understandable, but not in the plans for this system. The new system is designed to energize the Egg economy and provide a platform for future updates (more powerful pets and new pet combinations). Expect to see an increased availability of Pet Eggs as well as a mix of old favorites and brand new Pets coming very soon.